The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #26
psyonic
X-Man

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

I don't think Alan would come back because we already have Blink, unless Fan Bingbing is not Blink and it's just to mess with us in not expecting another teleporting mutant.. I find it weird that her character was revealed and no one else..

Old 04-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #27
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

January Jones is not back for this, according to this interview: http://collider.com/mad-men-season-6...nes-interview/

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #28
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_316ca View Post
January Jones is not back for this, according to this interview: http://collider.com/mad-men-season-6...nes-interview/
This is not surprising anymore since she already said before that she doesn't think her character will be in the movie and the report of Caleb Landry Jones/Jason Flemyng not coming back for the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
We need a Hyper to be an extra so we can have an insider....
It should be me since I took acting classes and I know how to act!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 04-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #29
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
yeah, I have the feeling he could be one of the surprises Bryan wants.

Dont know when they could announce it, but not neccesarily next year, of course.

They could even announce it on Comic Con, with Alan himself. THAT would be an epic announcement. (hardly doubt it, tho)
20th Century Fox already confirmed to SuperHeroHype that Alan Cumming isn't coming back for the film when James McAvoy mentioned his name in an interview. Why would FOX do that? Its like giving false information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manowar View Post
I just heard that Singer tweeted that Ladygaga just signed on to play Dazzler!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope thats not true... She's ugly.
Hey! She's beautiful in her own way!

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 04-04-2013, 04:34 AM   #30
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thank CHRIST.

We're spared another horrific performance.

Last edited by Double B; 04-04-2013 at 04:38 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #31
James_Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Wonderful news! Hopefully they'll get a proper actress if/when the character appears in the series again.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #32
narrows101
Side-Kick

From the article:
Quote:
I heard they might be making a new X-Men movie soon.

JONES: Yeah they are.

I’m just playing. I’m curious if they’ve have they asked you to come back, are you going back?

JONES: I haven’t been asked back. It’s called Days of Future Past or something. No, they’re going into another time period, or they’re going back and forth from different time period and Emma’s not in that. Not in what they’re doing.

That’s stupid.

JONES: Well thanks!

Old 04-04-2013, 08:05 AM   #33
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Smith View Post
Wonderful news! Hopefully they'll get a proper actress if/when the character appears in the series again.
They won't recast, which is why I'm disappointed with this news. Also confused as to how this will link in continuity to the cliff hanger of XMFC.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #34
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Great news January Jones is utterly terrible.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

Old 04-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #35
Airwings
Waves of air

How about getting Pyro back?

Old 04-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #36
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Didn't he die?

Old 04-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #37
JP
Smelly

Seemed pretty dead to me. He was knocked unconscious on an island where everyone/thing was disintegrating. Pretty dead.

Ideally, after the events of DoFP I'd love to see a new timeline with an X-Men team (possibly 2 separate teams?) of Cyclops, Storm, Jean, Wolverine, Kitty, Rogue, Iceman, Colossus, Beast, Nightcrawler, and Angel.

And a Brotherhood of Magneto, Mystique, Pyro, Toad, and Sabretooth.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #38
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

I don't think it would be that implausible if he woke up got off the island like the others considering all the other illogical crap in that movie.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #39
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Pyro was never seen as killed.Golden rule Is If you don't see body they can come back,and sometimes even after that.

The ending of DOFP will give us Idea what future holds.If film ends In 1973 with them not knowing If they have changed the future that means at least 1 more prequel Is coming.
If It shows the future with sentinles was prevented and time time allows them to retcon events of Last Stand that means sequels and modern day spinoffs are where they are going.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #40
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Pyro was never seen as killed.Golden rule Is If you don't see body they can come back,and sometimes even after that.

The ending of DOFP will give us Idea what future holds.If film ends In 1973 with them not knowing If they have changed the future that means at least 1 more prequel Is coming.
If It shows the future with sentinles was prevented and time time allows them to retcon events of Last Stand that means sequels and modern day spinoffs are where they are going.
I always kinda liked the idea of depressed post X3 Magneto hiding with Pyro, having Pyro go out for something (let's say milk), coming back (with the milk, why not?), and Magneto asking "Why did you have to kill the boy" and finding out that a vengeful Mystique killed him while he was doing his errand. So bottom line, I wouldn't mind a Pyro cameo.

BRYAN SINGER: "Don't be so sure..."
Old 04-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #41
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

I can see something like him being a depowered, unkempt hermit who keeps the X-Men hidden (in his base) from the Sentinels or something.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #42
Storm22
Side-Kick

I would like to see more of Pyro. Stanford did a great job with him. I wonder will he return.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #43
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Good riddance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
They won't recast, which is why I'm disappointed with this news. Also confused as to how this will link in continuity to the cliff hanger of XMFC.
FC had no cliffhanger. If you're talking about the hint that Emma could join the Brotherhood, then that's more of an open-ended plot point which future writers could have chosen to pick up on, not a cliffhanger.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #44
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Pyro was fine in X2, but I thought he was just an annoying little punk who needed a good hard smack in X3. Don't really want to see him back.

The last scene in FC was more like Magneto Has Arrived scene rather than a cliffhanger. While I don't think that Emma necessarily needs to be in DoFP, it would be weird IMO if Magneto just had Mystique to hang around with, unless the circumstances somehow prevent him from having more followers. Yes they're the core members and everyone else is an expendable, but it's pretty ridiculous for Magneto to be a mutant leader of just one.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #45
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

I'm sorry but it just seems so damn odd and weird that Emma nor anyone else that joined Magneto (and Mystique) at the end of First Class is going to be in this sequel, even if I didn't like the character or the performance.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #46
Double B
Side-Kick

Well, for all we know, Omar/Fan/Boo Boo could theoretically be Brotherhood members. It may not be just him and Mystique.

To be honest, the fact that so few are returning for FC, makes it clear to me that they're well aware of the shortcomings of that cast. Had Emma been better received, I have no doubt they'd have found a role for her in here, but alas, we got January and now Emma is tainted. Unless we see a return for her in the "present" time.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #47
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

If Pyro comes back, he will have had his arms and hands amputated for sure. There's no way those limbs could've survived what Ice Man did to them in TLS.

They were thoroughly ruined to the bone.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #48
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

For me, the main reason why I'm disappointed about January Jones not coming back is how her character ended in First Class. Like Magneto just recruited her to be in his second in command and in the next movie, she's not included. It doesn't flow very well. Plus she was playing Emma Frost, a big character in the comics, they could have done so much more.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 04-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #49
JP
Smelly

"To be his second on command" erm, WHAT? When was that said or even implied?

Old 04-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #50
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
For me, the main reason why I'm disappointed about January Jones not coming back is how her character ended in First Class. Like Magneto just recruited her to be in his second in command and in the next movie, she's not included. It doesn't flow very well. Plus she was playing Emma Frost, a big character in the comics, they could have done so much more.
I wouldn't say second in command but she definitely filled a role that Magneto so desperately needed which was a telepath.

It's just going to be odd to have her in the first film then just disappear. If anything, if Singer wasn't happy with Jones' performance, I would stomach a recast as long as Emma stayed.

Closed Thread