The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 04-04-2013, 03:07 AM   #526
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

Default Re: The North Korean Situation II

north-korea-army-war-could-break-out-today

Maybe I'm just over simplifying this but can someone just kill this little ****nut.

The best analogy I can think of he seems like the guy who mouths off to start the fight then vanishes once the first punch is thrown

Sadly that the little ****e who will knife you in the back outside the bar at the end of the night

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:11 AM   #527
JewishHobbit
The Hebrew Halfling

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
Pretty level-headed analysis from CNN (I know, not words that normally go together in a sentence) about what would happen in the event things escalated to a military confrontation.

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t1#...ider-marks.cnn
That was a pretty interesting video.

BRADFORDCOMBS.TK
and
AUTHORBRADFORDCOMBS.BLOGSPOT.COM
JewishHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:32 AM   #528
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

I have a feeling Kim Jong Il was secretly assasinated so the military hawks could gain full control and this is the end result.

I'm just surprised the escalation didn't happen sooner.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:53 AM   #529
Galactus123
Side-Kick

How North-Korea thinks it can benefit from this situation? They are crazy. I hope nothing happens.

Galactus123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:47 AM   #530
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

North Korea probably thinks by acting up like this they can eventually get back round the negotiation a better deal. They are like toddlers who had a hissyfit over the sanctions and are saying fine if we don't get what we want we will act like horrible brats. When they calm down they think everyone will appease them because thats how they act when they aren't happy.

Its funny how ordinary South Koreans don't give a damn. South Koreans are so used to and over this BS from the north for the last 50 years

Old 04-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #531
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

Here's the reason I've gone from being a skeptic to slightly (but still only slightly) worried about a conflict exploding on the peninsula; the closing of the Kaesong industrial joint zone. That is an industrial park located in Kaesong, North Korea where South Korean companies run plants that have both North Korean and South Korean workers working together. It is one of the biggest and only remaining cooperative projects between SK and NK and greatly helps NK's economy. It would also be one of the major road-blocks to a conflict between the two nations (much moreso than a hotline). If NK is willing to sacrifice THAT, things are getting serious. Add to that the re-opening of the Yongbyon nuke plant, the beefing up of military defenses in Guam and warships moving to the area and things are getting worse indeed. So now I'd put the chances of war breaking out at about 5% instead of 0.1%. But I still think things will calm back down just before they reach the boiling point. Thundercrack was right that the the son is much more unpredictable and reckless than his father (which is a big disappointment, since I initially thought he might be a reformer). Or the generals have completely usurped his control and are acting and speaking for him. That's another possibility.

"Your" is possessive, used to describe something you own; i.e "I borrowed your book."

"You're" is a contraction of "you" and "are." "You're looking tired today," would be an example of the correct usage.
JJJ's Ulcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:49 AM   #532
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
Here's the reason I've gone from being a skeptic to slightly (but still only slightly) worried about a conflict exploding on the peninsula; the closing of the Kaesong industrial joint zone. That is an industrial park located in Kaesong, North Korea where South Korean companies run plants that have both North Korean and South Korean workers working together. It is one of the biggest and only remaining cooperative projects between SK and NK and greatly helps NK's economy. It would also be one of the major road-blocks to a conflict between the two nations (much moreso than a hotline). If NK is willing to sacrifice THAT, things are getting serious. Add to that the re-opening of the Yongbyon nuke plant, the beefing up of military defenses in Guam and warships moving to the area and things are getting worse indeed. So now I'd put the chances of war breaking out at about 5% instead of 0.1%. But I still think things will calm back down just before they reach the boiling point. Thundercrack was right that the the son is much more unpredictable and reckless than his father (which is a big disappointment, since I initially thought he might be a reformer). Or the generals have completely usurped his control and are acting and speaking for him. That's another possibility.
That is certainly cause for alarm....also, as we all know (the fact that Bush had to write a special letter to the President of China in order to get our people out of China when their reconnaissance plane crashed back in 2000 so China could save face to the world...) tells us how much "saving face" means to these guys. So the fact that the "boy wonder" is shooting his mouth off all over the place, means he is at some point going to have to back it up in order to "save face"....I'm a little worried "when" and "how" he plans on doing that...

Old 04-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #533
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Only a fool wouldn't be a little worried about this situation. We always think "naaa, it'll never happen." So safe in our little bubble world...

But if the brass are taking it very serious, we should too.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #534
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
That is certainly cause for alarm....also, as we all know (the fact that Bush had to write a special letter to the President of China in order to get our people out of China when their reconnaissance plane crashed back in 2000 so China could save face to the world...) tells us how much "saving face" means to these guys. So the fact that the "boy wonder" is shooting his mouth off all over the place, means he is at some point going to have to back it up in order to "save face"....I'm a little worried "when" and "how" he plans on doing that...
Very good observation, but in Chinese (and other Asian cultures) "saving face" is just "spin" by any other name. For example, if the 6 regional powers in that area managed to work out some complex deal, with the salient points being NK renews the cease fire, backs off its nuclear deal and gets some food aid, then Kim Jong Un can go back to his parade and wave at his people and say "Dear Leader stood strong in tough negotiations with corrupt Western powers and come back with prosperous tidings for the loyal people of our nation" or whatever.

Just like if unemployment in the USA goes from 7% to 8% in one month, Obama can say it's an encouraging sign that more people are off the sidelines and back into the employment-seeking market. Same general principle, just in a more extreme way.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #535
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

It's laughable, really. This is like watching a six grader talk smack to a high school senior. Even if they were to launch a nuke in our direction, there's only a marginal chance we'll be hit by their missile. For the love of god, N. Korea has limitations in even striking their neighbor.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #536
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
It's laughable, really. This is like watching a six grader talk smack to a high school senior. Even if they were to launch a nuke in our direction, there's only a marginal chance we'll be hit by their missile. For the love of god, N. Korea has limitations in even striking their neighbor.
A sixth grader with a gun though.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #537
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

This is what happens when you let Dennis Rodman travel places. He spends a few days in North Korea and a few weeks later they want to nuke his country of origin

Old 04-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #538
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Apparently North Korea has started mobilizing its missile launchers to the East.

Hopefully just to test fire some missiles.

Japan has sent North Korea a stern, but polite letter.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #539
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
This is what happens when you let Dennis Rodman travel places. He spends a few days in North Korea and a few weeks later they want to nuke his country of origin
Well, North Korea is only just getting broadcasts of World Championship Wrestling now: they probably want to destroy Rodman, Hulk Hogan and the rest of the despised New World Order.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #540
JJJ's Ulcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
That reminds me of a crazy story I heard years ago on NPR. I can't remember who it was, but a US diplomat or official of some sort who met with Kruschev in the 60's got along with him really well. Before they parted, Kruschev asked him where he was from and he said "St Paul, Minnesota" (actually I can't recall the exact city, but for the sake of the story...). So Kruschev pulled out a giant map and put a red dot over St Paul. He then said "okay, when we nuke your country, I will remember to spare St Paul."

"Your" is possessive, used to describe something you own; i.e "I borrowed your book."

"You're" is a contraction of "you" and "are." "You're looking tired today," would be an example of the correct usage.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #541
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
Understood, but the high school senior has an assault rifle in comparison, and his homies might pull out their burners too.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 04-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #542
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Understood, but the high school senior has an assault rifle in comparison, and his homies might pull out their burners too.
That's where your analogy falls apart: the senior's "homies" aren't exactly as big and tough as he is, and could actually get beaten up by the sixth grader.

The USA is Rudy from Monster Squad, and everyone else is Horace, Eugene, Phoebe or the elderly Holocaust survivor.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #543
JJJ's Ulcer

Monster... wha?

Anyway, NK is wholly unique. It's very hard to use it in an analogy. It's definitely the most complicated (and perhaps reckless) enemy the US has ever dealt with. They make Iran look sensible and open by comparison.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #544
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
That's where your analogy falls apart: the senior's "homies" aren't exactly as big and tough as he is, and could actually get beaten up by the sixth grader.

The USA is Rudy from Monster Squad, and everyone else is Horace, Eugene, Phoebe or the elderly Holocaust survivor.
Since when is North Korea tougher than a Holocaust survivor? They got those crazy eyes but that's about it.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #545
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Dennis Rodman probably showed Kim Jong Un Team America thinking it would be funny and Kim Jong got red in the face with anger.

Rodman is lucky he escaped with his life.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #546
Victarion
Cut

Anonymous is poking the dragon:

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/te...mous-1C9212581

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #547
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
Kind of funny but definitely not something that needs to be happening, especially with tensions running so high.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #548
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
Lol not the smartest thing given the circumstances but funny nonetheless.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Marvolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:41 AM   #549
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Well....-_-

http://news.sky.com/story/1074212/no...issile-to-east

North Korea grows a pair, now has moved a second missile to it's east coast.

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:27 AM   #550
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
More like a Sixth grader with an m-80 and sling shot. They're more likely to blow there own fingers up.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote