The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Tech & Support

Old 01-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
dmc
Side-Kick

Default Best tablet for comics and browsing

I'm thinking of getting a tablet essentially for comics and browsing and the occasional app, nothing too heavy like gaming. Price is also a factor for me. I'm tempted by the nexus 10 and ipad 4 but since the country I live in doesn't have a play store or apple store i'd have to buy either of these on amazon where the price is about $100 more. With that in mind, i'm thinking about the kindle fire hd 8.9" or the samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1". Does anyone have experience with these tablets when it comes to comics and browsing?

In addition, does anyone think we might see a price drop soon on the major tablets?

dmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
Lord Valumart
Hype's Dr - It's Canon

Default Re: Best tablet for comics and browsing

I have the Nexus 7. I mainly use it for train/bus trips, or weekends away. Load it up with comics and films. It's big enough to see everything, but not too big as to be massive. Comics look glorious on it.

Twitter: @lordvalumart
Lord Valumart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:22 AM   #3
Thought Crime
Banned User

Another factor to consider is what App you are looking to use for purchasing and reading comic books. Comixology dropped support for Amazon's Kindle, but still are supported through an Andriod device and Apple's iOS devices.

Thought Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #4
GregoryGraves
New User - Level 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc View Post
I'm thinking of getting a tablet essentially for comics and browsing and the occasional app, nothing too heavy like gaming. Price is also a factor for me. I'm tempted by the nexus 10 and ipad 4 but since the country I live in doesn't have a play store or apple store i'd have to buy either of these on amazon where the price is about $100 more. With that in mind, i'm thinking about the kindle fire hd 8.9" or the samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1". Does anyone have experience with these tablets when it comes to comics and browsing?

In addition, does anyone think we might see a price drop soon on the major tablets?
hello I have never heard about these tablet but I need a tablet which suits playing games. Any suggestions?

Last edited by GregoryGraves; 04-05-2013 at 01:59 AM.
GregoryGraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #5
priyanka24

yes I am usning the samsung galaxy tab 2. Its an amazing tablet with 7-inch capacitive touchscreen and 1Ghz dual core processor. I have purchased it just for the sole purpose of playing games and browsing comics. I play most of the time and keep on browsing different comics as its an amazing experience The advantage of galaxy tab 2 is that it can be used as a mobile phone too

priyanka24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:26 AM   #6
wendymadden

for my side Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 is best.

Last edited by wendymadden; 01-28-2014 at 04:48 AM.
wendymadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:12 PM   #7
Side-Kick

I've owned a Nexus 10 for about 5 months. It's amazing for comics as it has the highest-res screen of any tablet out right now. Images look absolutely stunning, better than having a book-in-hand.

Truth it though I'll be trying to sell my Nexus 10 and my Macbook Pro soon because I want to use that money to buy a Yoga 13 (laptop/tablet hybrid). Carrying around three devices is just not ideal (Nexus + Laptop + phone). I feel like Steve Wozniak. I want to simplify my life a bit.

Best CBMs
1. Batman Begins 2. Man of Steel 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4. The Dark Knight 5. Avengers
113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:15 AM   #8
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

I have a Nexus 10. It's great for comics! That an for reading books is the main reason I bought it and so far it hasn't disappointed me.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I have an iPad mini and use the kindle app. I usually buy my comics through amazon. I have been reading up on Flash lately starting with Flash: Rebirth. So far the comics look great on my tablet.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:03 AM   #10
Krumm
Beer Snob

I don't have a tablet but I use Comic Zeal for my iPhone, which I can use for an iPad if I ever get one.

The upside with Comic Zeal is you can upload cbr and cbz files.

Downside is there is no panel by panel feature bit you can zoom in freely.

Krumm is offline   Reply With Quote