The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #726
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Well whatever he does I don't like his movies at all :d
I got that. I just found it silly that you picked Tarantino's scoring methods as yet another reason to not like him because it ruins the complexity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
But I'd argue that Batman '89 and Superman were the only films that had iconic themes
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
John Powell's work on X-men the Last Stand?
Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's bad. In fact, I don't think most superhero scores are bad. They're good, but not great. It's not something that sticks with me after I've seen the film, or something I will recognize instantly when I hear it. They aren't very memorable to me, and correct me if I wrong, but none of them have been as widely popular as Elfman's and Williams' scores.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 04-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #727
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

IT'S SO QUIET.
Ergh.
News would be immensely appreciated right now.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #728
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
Since Tarantino was mentioned. There was of course that monologue in Kill Bill vol 2 about what is the real secret identity, Clark Kent or Superman?
And it was a great monologue, too.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 04-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #729
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

the pain of the wait for the Man of Steel trailer has been somewhat relieved thanks to the fantastic trailers for Only God Forgives and Great Gatsby, now i know two films I'm actually hyped for as much as MoS. Are people assuming that the trailer will be out mid-end this month?

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 04-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #730
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I still think we'll get the trailer sometime in April.

As for EW weekly cover. I looked back at there recent summer preview and they were dated April 20th 2012 with Batman on the cover. April 22 for 2011 issue and April 23 for the 2010 issue. So I'm guessing April 20th onward is when we get the EW summer preview issue and possibly a MOS cover story.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #731
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
I still think we'll get the trailer sometime in April.

As for EW weekly cover. I looked back at there recent summer preview and they were dated April 20th 2012 with Batman on the cover. April 22 for 2011 issue and April 23 for the 2010 issue. So I'm guessing April 20th onward is when we get the EW summer preview issue and possibly a MOS cover story.
Keep in mind that EW releases a week in advance, meaning if MOS is on the April 19th cover thats out next Friday. Also keep in mind they might put IM3 on the cover first.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #732
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Fishburne speaks! Sort of....:

With the Internet whispering about a follow-up to the highly-anticipated superhero flick, has Warner Brothers already signed Fishburne up for a sequel?

“No, not yet, not yet, not yet,” he says, speaking to QMI Agency in Toronto, at the world premiere for his post-apocalyptic thriller The Colony. “I mean, we have to see how the film’s gonna do, right?”

“It’s a much bigger canvas than that,” he says, implying that viewers should be focusing on Henry Cavill’s performance as Superman. “My particular colour on the canvas is minimal. It’s really an origin story, Man of Steel … the focus is his origins.”

http://blogs.canoe.ca/projectionist/...el-sequel-yet/

Old 04-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #733
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

news !!!!!
Praise Jor-El !!

Old 04-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #734
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
news !!!!!
Praise Jor-El !!
Have we come so far in our desperation that we call that news?

Old 04-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #735
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Hey Godfrey. You're right about EW cover dates. I just looked at the last week's issue on the web and it says April 5. This weeks issue says April 12. So it's a week ahead.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #736
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Do you really have to ask that kind of question?

Old 04-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #737
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Sadly Yes

Old 04-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #738
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

A score doesn't need to be catchy to be great. Some seem to think that, and it just baffles me.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #739
goth ham
Side-Kick

The real reason behind poor US/North Korea relations.
Kim Jong Un: Release the Man of Steer trailer NOW!

Zach Snyder: Hell naw

Kim Jong Un: Don't make me press the button...

To be continued...

Last edited by goth ham; 04-04-2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 04-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #740
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

anynewstuff?nokthxbye

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #741
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
I got that. I just found it silly that you picked Tarantino's scoring methods as yet another reason to not like him because it ruins the complexity.
Did you actually consider the fact that I was actually been sarcastic?

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #742
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

didn't we see this already?

Man of Steel Statues Show Off Full Costumes

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=102433

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #743
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Ok, at least knowing that in just over two weeks we will be celebrating new trailer and poster reassures me a little bit

Old 04-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #744
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
didn't we see this already?

Man of Steel Statues Show Off Full Costumes

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=102433
Yes we did, back in February.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #745
TX85
Jolly

New to me,Love Zod's battle armor,Faora&Jor-El's are alright But Zod's is awesome,Zod's looks like something out of a video game But looks much better than most of what he's had in the comics

Old 04-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #746
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Fishburne speaks! Sort of....:

With the Internet whispering about a follow-up to the highly-anticipated superhero flick, has Warner Brothers already signed Fishburne up for a sequel?

“No, not yet, not yet, not yet,” he says, speaking to QMI Agency in Toronto, at the world premiere for his post-apocalyptic thriller The Colony. “I mean, we have to see how the film’s gonna do, right?”

“It’s a much bigger canvas than that,” he says, implying that viewers should be focusing on Henry Cavill’s performance as Superman. “My particular colour on the canvas is minimal. It’s really an origin story, Man of Steel … the focus is his origins.”

http://blogs.canoe.ca/projectionist/...el-sequel-yet/
I bet he is signed in for sequels unless he isn't because WBs really are gonna do Justice League as the sequel

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #747
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Where the hell did all of that hate on the main page come from? Here I am thinking - wow, they've found a way to combine the "they wear these suits of spandex on Krypton" from the Silver Age and beyond comics with the "armoured renaissance" as featured in many other sci-fis. It makes sense why Supes wouldn't have armour over top, and he's been on Earth charging the power of the sun for 30 years, so that should give him a leg up.

Seriously - the hate is ridiculous. The cinematography looks gorgeous and Goyer does a great job at adapting comics.

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Old 04-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #748
Fedor
Side-Kick

Hmm, its starting to get a bit weird in here....

Old 04-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #749
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

AAarggh Faora has short hair !?

And dude-hair as well.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #750
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

Toys and halloween costumes and such always look worse than the real thing. And lets face it, people will judge the film through those things as long as there is no promo image or still released showing otherwise.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
Closed Thread