The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #751
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Thor approaches....and sees someone in a likeness of his own armor and helmet, with a hammer very much like his own Mjolnir, and a strange alien horse face.... (played in a surprise casting move by Sarah Jessica Parker)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post

Oh poor Sarah.
Let's be honest, that wouldn't be such a surprise. =P

Old 04-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #752
echostation
Banned User

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

People make Grown Ups hits and other movies hit here like Twilight and other films. So safe to assume reasonable processing of thought may not be in full capability and capacity, reason of Tron bombing so badly was dumb choice of color scheme. Peoples reject thiese things... REmember overall audience intelligent ok but most can also be judgemental and confuze over what may appear to be simple but really big thing deals ok. Try to get. Try to know. Cater to audience. Now using similar or same color palettes does not whet appetite, Blue with Blue on Tron happened and it was rejected, very same reason for Captain America costume made so much fun of in Avenger despite movie being hit. Members in viewing public DISCERN that this is copy or poor inspiration from other prior work without any CREDITING of prior film work (Tron should have credit to Avatar, Avenger should have credit to AVatar simple, then audience will appreciate more).

Jose (or Jorge as known in inner circles) Kosinski now wise with Oblivion. Choose BIG BIG STAR in terms of Tom Cruise, immediately distinguishes film, and WHITE color palate... no stupid blue copying or neon dark blue. He makes film look so visually unique, Beautiful desolation as he say, everything WHITE, CRYSTAL, NEW FRESH against desolate backdrop... Something that CATCHES EYE in audience EYE that makes one go to see film. FRESH new LOOK that's absolutely key.

Now why introduce character that has EXACT same costume even with some of you as you say horse face (he's not a horse, he's an alien... why would they have Horse in Thor costume and make up, SHEESH). IT will so so silly to see Thor with unique viking like red cape costume and horse-man Beta Ray bill WITH EXACT Same costume fighting alongside. No fun, no uniqueness, just double role... stupid and CONFUSING (Multiplicity with 8 Michael Keaton, why no one watch? Stupid cuz all the same actor walking all around, NEED FRESHNESS, You HAVE to put in time to develop NEW LOOK, not have same actor or same looking going around).

This is clear cut case if they introduce Horse Ray Bill that people WILL EASILY confuse. Red capes both flying around with long distance CGI shots, who is hitting who? Which one is hitting on Malakeith? Can't make out unless you clearly see up close which is stupid then you can't see action shot of hammer striking Dark Elves or Malakeith. Why even introduce characters that look the same

Reason for EXACT same dumb idea of putting in BIzarro into Superman, No one want to see this as one wants to see FRESH NEW LOOKING DIFFERENT characters... not just same, it's copying, and totally confusing. Audiences will confuse both and just reject outright...

Old 04-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #753
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 04-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #754
Donar
Banned User

Psycho post!!

Old 04-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #755
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

I lost it when he mentioned Multiplicity and Michael Keaton. LOL!

ゴジラ
Old 04-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #756
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by echostation View Post
People make Grown Ups hits and other movies hit here like Twilight and other films. So safe to assume reasonable processing of thought may not be in full capability and capacity, reason of Tron bombing so badly was dumb choice of color scheme. Peoples reject thiese things... REmember overall audience intelligent ok but most can also be judgemental and confuze over what may appear to be simple but really big thing deals ok. Try to get. Try to know. Cater to audience. Now using similar or same color palettes does not whet appetite, Blue with Blue on Tron happened and it was rejected, very same reason for Captain America costume made so much fun of in Avenger despite movie being hit. Members in viewing public DISCERN that this is copy or poor inspiration from other prior work without any CREDITING of prior film work (Tron should have credit to Avatar, Avenger should have credit to AVatar simple, then audience will appreciate more).

Jose (or Jorge as known in inner circles) Kosinski now wise with Oblivion. Choose BIG BIG STAR in terms of Tom Cruise, immediately distinguishes film, and WHITE color palate... no stupid blue copying or neon dark blue. He makes film look so visually unique, Beautiful desolation as he say, everything WHITE, CRYSTAL, NEW FRESH against desolate backdrop... Something that CATCHES EYE in audience EYE that makes one go to see film. FRESH new LOOK that's absolutely key.

Now why introduce character that has EXACT same costume even with some of you as you say horse face (he's not a horse, he's an alien... why would they have Horse in Thor costume and make up, SHEESH). IT will so so silly to see Thor with unique viking like red cape costume and horse-man Beta Ray bill WITH EXACT Same costume fighting alongside. No fun, no uniqueness, just double role... stupid and CONFUSING (Multiplicity with 8 Michael Keaton, why no one watch? Stupid cuz all the same actor walking all around, NEED FRESHNESS, You HAVE to put in time to develop NEW LOOK, not have same actor or same looking going around).

This is clear cut case if they introduce Horse Ray Bill that people WILL EASILY confuse. Red capes both flying around with long distance CGI shots, who is hitting who? Which one is hitting on Malakeith? Can't make out unless you clearly see up close which is stupid then you can't see action shot of hammer striking Dark Elves or Malakeith. Why even introduce characters that look the same

Reason for EXACT same dumb idea of putting in BIzarro into Superman, No one want to see this as one wants to see FRESH NEW LOOKING DIFFERENT characters... not just same, it's copying, and totally confusing. Audiences will confuse both and just reject outright...
Too much blue.

Blue.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 04-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #757
Caboose
Side-Kick

Quote:

Wat. Wat.

WAT.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:36 PM   #758
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Jose (Jorge) Kosinski. Oh my goodness what a rich post

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 04-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #759
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

my head hurts. I feel bad that we're all mocking this person, but at least make some logical sense.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #760
InternetPeople
Petty... and tiny

Quote:

I'm gonna put you down as not a fan of the Sarah Jessica Parker fan-casting.

Quote:
You made sense here. Bill won't have a big , or any role, in THOR 2 but the costume issues will always be a problem.

Quote:
I really hope English is not your first language.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #761
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Too much blue.

Blue.
Was Michael Keaton blue in Multiplicity? I'm just asking, because, you know, that would tend to alienate audiences too.

(Definitely voting for Echostation's post for Post of the Year. What judge do I have to bribe to ensure a win here?)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #762
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Try to get. Try to know. Cater to audience.
I think I have my new signature...

Old 04-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #763
Donar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I think I have my new signature...
Quote:
Now using similar or same color palettes does not whet appetite
This is pretty good too.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #764
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post

I don't ask for much; all that I ask for is that we get a moment or two (that's not cut from the film) of seeing Thor doing something directly that involves him saving some innocent civilians during the mayhem that takes place while he's on Earth since we've not seen him do anything like that. He's been strictly portrayed as a prince and warrior, with the "superhero" aspect being played to a minimum for him in the MCU.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #765
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I agree, the earliest he should appear is Thor 3 for the reason you mentioned. Although, I'm down for him appearing even later than that.
Yeah I'd prefer if he appeared later, especially since Balder hasn't even been introduced yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Balder for me. He and Thor don't have to be brothers. Just very close friends that view each other as brothers.
I'd definately put Balder over Bill, he'd be seen as more unique plus he's more important to Thor's mythos overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I don't ask for much; all that I ask for is that we get a moment or two (that's not cut from the film) of seeing Thor doing something directly that involves him saving some innocent civilians during the mayhem that takes place while he's on Earth since we've not seen him do anything like that. He's been strictly portrayed as a prince and warrior, with the "superhero" aspect being played to a minimum for him in the MCU.
He's gonna be on Earth taking on an invasion alone, it's a safe bet that he'll have quite a few of those moments.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 04-04-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #766
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Definitely voting for Echostation's post for Post of the Year.
It gets even more awesome if you read it in Rorschach's voice.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #767
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
He sacrificed himself to the destroyer to save all the innocent people in that town! What do you have to do to get a little recognition as a hero on these boards?

Old 04-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #768
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Try doing it with Jimmy's from South Park .... very much very much.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #769
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

After the sizzle reel, Dark World is still firmly my favorite going into Phase 2, but Winter Solider isn't looking too bad right now either. I can't wait to see the Thor fight footage "finished". Hard to capture his awesome in BTS footage.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #770
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
After the sizzle reel, Dark World is still firmly my favorite going into Phase 2, but Winter Solider isn't looking too bad right now either. I can't wait to see the Thor fight footage "finished". Hard to capture his awesome in BTS footage.
I'm basically chomping at the bit to see some coherent footage and to get a glimpse of Alan Taylor's take on this franchise ..... waiting 2.5 more weeks is gonna kill me.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #771
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mighty_Thor View Post
He sacrificed himself to the destroyer to save all the innocent people in that town! What do you have to do to get a little recognition as a hero on these boards?
I meant when he's fully powered. I'm not saying that he hasn't shown any acts of heroism. I'm just saying that it'd be nice to see him using his abilities in those kind of acts as opposed towards being used strictly for a offensive assaults at the enemy.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #772
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I prefer it in Horshack's voice.

"OOOH, OOOOH, MISTER KOTTA...MISTER KOTTA!"

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #773
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

The one thing about Thor is that his battles can cause quite a bit of collateral damage. Kind of like Superman vs. Zod Trio in Superman II. Would be nice to see how he deals with that.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #774
DarthAlani
Side-Kick

Thor TDW is easily my most anticipated film of phase 2.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #775
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Echostation, you certainly dont help yourself. God only knows what you think of the Smurfs and the Blue Man Group.