The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #751
king666
(¬‿¬)

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Zod's armor is assymetrical. Cool

Old 04-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #752
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Toys and halloween costumes and such always look worse than the real thing. And lets face it, people will judge the film through those things as long as there is no promo image or still released showing otherwise.
Exactly. That's why it's so important not to have the first look at the villain be through toys... Like The Lizard in ASM.

But oh well!

Old 04-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #753
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by king666 View Post
Zod's armor is assymetrical. Cool
Faora's too, and I too think it's cool, yeah.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 04-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #754
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Exactly. That's why it's so important not to have the first look at the villain be through toys... Like The Lizard in ASM.

But oh well!
Yup. The halloween mask from the other day got lots of laughs, and now so are the toys. As someone else said, right or wrong, alot of folks are starting to judge this film by those things..which really sucks.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #755
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Wow...rest in peace Roger Ebert, and on a year where he still had so many great films to watch this year. 70 is still way to young to die.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 04-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #756
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Wow...rest in peace Roger Ebert, and on a year where he still had so many great films to watch this year. 70 is still way to young to die.
Cancer is an *******.
It really sucks.

" -Batman (Superman/Batman #3)
Old 04-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #757
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Looks like MOS won't have the privilege to be reviewed by Ebert. RIP.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #758
gomez147
You're not just anyone

RIP, Roger Ebert.

Last edited by gomez147; 04-04-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #759
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Damn, I was fearing that. I loved reading his stuff. RIP, Mr. Ebert.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 04-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #760
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Does anybody know what film Roger reviewed Last?

Old 04-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #761
Kevin Smith
Banned User

He was the first place I went for every movie review. I valued his opinion and he will be missed. The world is a lot less wiser without him. I was really looking forward to his review of MOS and many other films this year, I'll always wonder what he would have thought. But more than that the world lost a kind man and a great intellect today. RIP, Roger Ebert.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #762
Wheels
HR Supporter

The only Superman related review I could find on YouTube:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 04-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #763
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid-Man View Post
Where the hell did all of that hate on the main page come from? Here I am thinking - wow, they've found a way to combine the "they wear these suits of spandex on Krypton" from the Silver Age and beyond comics with the "armoured renaissance" as featured in many other sci-fis. It makes sense why Supes wouldn't have armour over top, and he's been on Earth charging the power of the sun for 30 years, so that should give him a leg up.

Seriously - the hate is ridiculous. The cinematography looks gorgeous and Goyer does a great job at adapting comics.
This is what you get for thinking people will just love this no matter what you do.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #764
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

People always ***** about costume designs and other things on the web.

There were plenty of the "interior of the ship looks like an Apple store!" *****ing about Star Trek and normal movie goers didn't care, they liked the film and it made 258mil.

All that matters is what normal moviegoers think. The studio has to convince them to come out. We will see what happens on June 14th.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #765
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
People always ***** about costume designs and other things on the web.

There were plenty of the "interior of the ship looks like an Apple store!" *****ing about Star Trek and normal movie goers didn't care, they liked the film and it made 258mil.

All that matters is what normal moviegoers think. The studio has to convince them to come out. We will see what happens on June 14th.
Yeah, but this has always been and will always be. Reminds me of how people, even to this day, ever since the first X-Men film, ***** about Wolverine not having his yellow spandex costume. Like, seriousy? You really want to see Hugh Jackman walking around in that thing?..

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 04-04-2013, 06:01 PM   #766
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
Yeah, but this has always been and will always be. Reminds me of how people, even to this day, ever since the first X-Men film, ***** about Wolverine not having his yellow spandex costume. Like, seriousy? You really want to see Hugh Jackman walking around in that thing?..
yes...in a non gay way.

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #767
Travesty
TEOL

Yeah, I wouldn't mind it.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #768
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

A part of me would like to see yellow wolverine, too. However, the suit is rather Power-Rangerish

Old 04-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #769
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
The yellow spandex is the most idiotic complaint from X-Men fans I have ever come across. It looks damn ridiculous, and for Hugh Jackman to wear that suit on the big screen would be downright embarrassing. It's on par with a portion of Watchmen fans who got upset that Snyder excluded the giant alien squid attacking New York City.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 04-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #770
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

don't make it spandex exactly, but maybe like the Man of Steel suit

Old 04-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #771
gomez147
You're not just anyone

edit

Old 04-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #772
Wheels
HR Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
The yellow spandex is the most idiotic complaint from X-Men fans I have ever come across. It looks damn ridiculous, and for Hugh Jackman to wear that suit on the big screen would be downright embarrassing. It's on par with a portion of Watchmen fans who got upset that Snyder excluded the giant alien squid attacking New York City.
I despise the ending of the Watchmen book. It totally lost me there.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 04-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #773
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

I have to say, it is frustrating for me, thus far, that the villains receive such little press. Nobody knows who the hell Zod is. He really needs to be introduced to the public.

If they pass up the remainder of the NCAA tournament, I will be extremely displeased. The quality has been excellent, but the quantity is totally lacking.

R.I.P. Heath
Old 04-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #774
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

ehhh...it's life

Old 04-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #775
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Someone clearly didn't understand the end of Watchmen I see. Much like Synder.