The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 04-04-2013, 03:11 AM   #26
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Default Re: Teen Titans Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post

Teen Titans is so popular these days that WB would be fools not to capitalize off of that.

Everything you've just said is what these WB executives need to be saying to each other in meetings when discussing the DCU on film.
It really is, man! That show ran for how long? And was so well received that now they're doing Teen Titans Go! with the exact same roster - they even look similar. I honestly think if they just brought back the Teen Titans show it'd do just as well, if not better, idk why they wouldn't - but anyway, yeah, TT is everywhere, that show was bringing in Ben 10 numbers at least back when it was on, IMO

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:04 AM   #27
Razgriz-Specter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
It really is, man! That show ran for how long? And was so well received that now they're doing Teen Titans Go! with the exact same roster - they even look similar. I honestly think if they just brought back the Teen Titans show it'd do just as well, if not better, idk why they wouldn't - but anyway, yeah, TT is everywhere, that show was bringing in Ben 10 numbers at least back when it was on, IMO
Personally hope they greenlight a DTV at least because of this renewed interest.

Razgriz-Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #28
The Techno Bat
Side-Kick

Logan Lerman for Dick Grayson/Robin!!!

He's the perfect age, because he would transition smoothly to Nightwing if they wanted him for a Teen Titans sequel or to move over into a Batman reboot film series

The Techno Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #29
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I think that Aaron Johnson would make a great Superboy.

Then cast Logan Lerman as Robin!

EDIT!
Techno Bat: Great minds think alike

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #30
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post

I could see that. Lerman's Robin alongside Johnson's Superboy looks quite awesome in my imagination.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #31
The Techno Bat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
EDIT!
Techno Bat: Great minds think alike

The Techno Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #32
Airwings
Waves of air

Seriously, there hasn't been a better pick for Robin than Lerman during the last half decade.
Kevin Zegers in 1998/99 and a couple of years forward is the last great candidate we had.

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #33
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Slade (aka Deathstroke the Terminator) as the villain exactly as he was in the Teen Titans show would be ideal. I loved his whole dynamic with Robin on that animated series. It's perfect.
I don't know, animated Deathstroke always had really confusing motives, I would rather have Deathstroke with clearer motives.

If you adapt some of the key Deathstroke stories from the comics, you have the H.I.V.E be a generic evil organization trying to take over the world or something and they try to Deathstroke to deal with the Titans. Deathstroke refuses, so they hire his son Ravager to take the contract. Ravager dies while fighting the Titans and Deathstroke decides to seek revenge on the Titans and is willing to work for the H.I.V.E and use their resources to seek this end.

So the Titans would have to foil H.I.V.E's scheme, while dealing with Deathstroke at the same time. So the H.I.V.E would technically be the main villains, but Deathstroke would be the villain who moves the plot along more often then not, though the Titans can fight H.I.V.E goons through out the movie.

Then in the second movie, after the H.I.V.E is defeated, Deathstroke returns with another plan to get revenge on the Titans and uses Terra to destroy the Titans from within. I think you would need two movies to tell the story of Deathstroke vs. the Titans.

Also as mentioned by another poster, you have the likes of Jinx, Gizmo, Mammoth and Plasmus be a goon squad for working for the main villain of the movie, playing a similar role that the Brotherhood and the Hellfire Club played in the X-Men movies.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:27 AM   #34
batman strikes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
I don't know, animated Deathstroke always had really confusing motives, I would rather have Deathstroke with clearer motives.

If you adapt some of the key Deathstroke stories from the comics, you have the H.I.V.E be a generic evil organization trying to take over the world or something and they try to Deathstroke to deal with the Titans. Deathstroke refuses, so they hire his son Ravager to take the contract. Ravager dies while fighting the Titans and Deathstroke decides to seek revenge on the Titans and is willing to work for the H.I.V.E and use their resources to seek this end.

So the Titans would have to foil H.I.V.E's scheme, while dealing with Deathstroke at the same time. So the H.I.V.E would technically be the main villains, but Deathstroke would be the villain who moves the plot along more often then not, though the Titans can fight H.I.V.E goons through out the movie.

Then in the second movie, after the H.I.V.E is defeated, Deathstroke returns with another plan to get revenge on the Titans and uses Terra to destroy the Titans from within. I think you would need two movies to tell the story of Deathstroke vs. the Titans.

Also as mentioned by another poster, you have the likes of Jinx, Gizmo, Mammoth and Plasmus be a goon squad for working for the main villain of the movie, playing a similar role that the Brotherhood and the Hellfire Club played in the X-Men movies.
I'm liking this idea for the first two films. Then for the third they could use Trigon as the villain. Unfortanately I doubt will a Teen Titans film for awhile. WB's having a difficult time get Justice League off the ground and like others have said, its probably best to have that first to establish the DC Universe.

batman strikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #35
Juan1193
Side-Kick

I would love for a Teen Titans movie to happen. I'd be ok with either of these two rosters, although a mix of the two would be awesome!!

Juan1193 is offline   Reply With Quote