The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Who should in the villain in the Man of Steel sequel?
Brainiac 96 49.74%
Darkseid 9 4.66%
Metallo 37 19.17%
Parasite 3 1.55%
Mongul 4 2.07%
Mister Mxyzptlk 2 1.04%
Toyman 1 0.52%
Prankster 0 0%
Doomsday 11 5.70%
Other 30 15.54%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #51
DarKush
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who should be the villain in the sequel for Man of Steel?

I agree with a lot of the Brainiac supporters. If they go with him I would like them to draw from STAS and Smallville.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Metallo, Parasite, General Lane, and Manchester Black. And screw it, I wouldn't mind seeing Titano either.

DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 02:41 AM   #52
Silver Lantern
Side-Kick

Lex Luthor needs to be in the movie and another major villain like Parasite.

The best actor i see playing Lex is Bruce Payne with bald head of course.

The Parasite needs to be strong, dark skin and energy absorptoion and a cameo by liveweire.

Silver Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #53
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

It really should be Lex Luthor. He's Superman's greatest, most interesting, most long standing, deepest and most contrasting enemy. He deserves the TDK Joker treatment. The philosophical conflict should take center stage in part 2. It doesn't hurt that Lex Luthor can 'field' things like Parasite, Bizzaro, Metallo even Doomsday as needed, or even be on a quest to access Brainiac.

For the third movie, then you move it to something incredibly physical like Brainaic, Doomsday or Darkseid.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #54
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
It really should be Lex Luthor. He's Superman's greatest, most interesting, most long standing, deepest and most contrasting enemy. He deserves the TDK Joker treatment. The philosophical conflict should take center stage in part 2. It doesn't hurt that Lex Luthor can 'field' things like Parasite, Bizzaro, Metallo even Doomsday as needed, or even be on a quest to access Brainiac.

For the third movie, then you move it to something incredibly physical like Brainaic, Doomsday or Darkseid.
Agreed

Old 08-28-2012, 03:43 AM   #55
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

I'd like to see Luthor/Bizarro at some point,but from that list I'd have to say Metallo.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #56
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Can someone explain to me what it is that's so great about Brainiac?

Everyone seems to love him and wants him on the big screen, but why? What would be the amazing storyline with Brainiac as the main villain?

I mean, he's AI. He doesn't have a 'personality', or any quality I've ever particularly found enjoyable in stories.

Yes, he's a formidable opponent and could have an 'army'. But personally I just find him kind of boring

Maybe I just haven't read/seen the best stories. I dunno.
..heh-heh.. :-)

so how "human" vs. "robotic" should movie brainiac look? bear in mind if people want "a-list" actors, then he's going to have to look more human than not..

I also want to see other villains in at least a subplot sequence- Toyman can be put to good use.. Same with Parasite.

Darkseid can be alerted to the presence of Earth by the activities of Zod and company..

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:04 PM   #57
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Brainiac

I don't want Lex Luthor in this film. Just mentions of his name through out the movie.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:58 AM   #58
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

I'd like to see Luthor in the series, but he doesn't need a movie all to himself. There's more to his character than a one-dimensional villain. Let's see him in the universe, similarly to how Talia was in TDKR.

Last edited by DChero; 11-08-2012 at 02:14 PM.
DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:20 AM   #59
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

One thing for sure in the sequel, i want Kryptonite involved/introduced.

ConnorKon-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #60
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Brainiac is the biggest no brainer in the history of no brainers. His movie version could be a totally unique creation by using all the versions from the comics and more. He could be such a powerful and overwhelmingly scary villain that it's not even funny.

And use Luthor too, but not as a Brainiac accomplice. Have him be the guy that actually BELIEVES in something (nothing's scarier than that), like the Brian Azzarello "humanist to the extreme" version. He should be such an alien hater that he helps in Brainiac's demise, but at the end he appropriates himself of his tech... because if aliens should have a presence on Earth, it should be under human control and on human terms. HIS terms.

Nemeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:52 AM   #61
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Maybe Legendary will finally use Lobo.

From AICN Oct 18, 2000:
And right now... On Lorenzo's Desk at Warner Brothers lays the greatest Superhero Movie Ever To Be Made!

From AICN Oct 25, 2000:
Confirmation on LOBO vs SUPERMAN Movie Development!!!

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #62
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

I would love to se Lex/Metallo team up, but I think Darkseid is better suited for a Justice League film sort of how Avengers is building up for Thanos...I wanna feel is threat, his power coming...for a 3rd Doomsday/Brainac team up would be nice and a Supergirl intro could work...Supes is gonna need help to take down those two

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:42 PM   #63
The Shredder
Sharp Dressed Man

Brainiac of course.

Preferably, with Lex (and not land swindler Lex ... FINALLY!) making his introduction, and establishing the rivalry/animosity he has with the Man of Steel. All leading into the third film.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #64
Vagosnati
Vag-El

Predators

Vagosnati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #65
Mgneto
Side-Kick

I'd like to see Snyder follow Nolan's pattern from The Dark Knight. First film, you get a relatively well-known villain who can bend, but not break, the hero (Zod). Second film, you bring out the big gun, the most marketable villain and evil genius (Luthor) to completely throw the hero's world into chaos and test his values. Third film, you bring in the brawn (Doomsday or Darkseid), and the greatest test of the trilogy. That being said, Superman and Batman are completely different personalities, so it may not fit.

This would extend past Justice League, and I know that plot would have to be taken into account too. Just thoughts.

Mgneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #66
zeptron
Side-Kick

Man Of Steel 2 - Brainiac with Lex Luthor as a behind the scenes villain

Man Of Steel 3 - Lex and Doomsday.

zeptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #67
Ceb-Man
Side-Kick

Brainiac for sure with Lex Luthor behind the scenes and then Luthor, Metallo, and Parasite on Part 3.

Last edited by Ceb-Man; 02-05-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Ceb-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #68
Rorschach2012
$

Lex and Brainiac. For sure. If the sequel doesnt feature those two, I'll be incredibly disappointed. Zod is such a lame choice when compared to Brainiac.

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:47 PM   #69
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

What it seems they've picked up on from MOS is to have Superman action really seem top notch, his threat level has to be raised to the point where the audience increasingly asks "how can he survive this?!"

Also multiple villains is never that hard of a thing to do. Nolan has already shown us that ten-fold. If you're a great writer, and if you do your research (many of the best comic titles use more than one villain), you'll see how it can easily be done to create an intense thrilling character piece summer blockbuster.

MOS 2:

Possibly a henchman of some type.

MOS 3:

Doomsday acting more as a weapon they utilize - think Kevin Smith's script just with Doomsday.

Go big or go home in the end.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 03-31-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:25 AM   #70
johnrain
Side-Kick

Mister Mxyzptlk, voiced by Charlie Sheen.

johnrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:40 AM   #71
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

What if it follows the bat trilogy paradigm?

Film 1: Zod. Essentially Supes' version of Ra's Al Ghul. A ruthless military villain with connections to Superman's past.

Film 2: Brainiac. Essentially Supes' Joker. An intelligent enemy that can outsmart Supes for much of the film and really play mind games with him, offering him all that he knows about Krypton. Inhuman and cold, he's the opposite to Supes' warm humanity.

Film 3: Luthor / Doomsday. Essentially the TDKR story. Luthor unleashes Doomsday (Bane) on Supes, a big physical threat, and Supes is "killed." Luthor creates a puppet clone Superman which he uses to keep power in Metropolis, until Superman's unexpected return.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #72
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

I wanna see Parasite on the big screen, and he better be purple.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:15 AM   #73
FVD
Jolly Loves You

MOS2: Brainiac with the introduction of Lex Luthor. After Kal-El is done with Brainiac Lex being the opportunist that he is will easily take advantage of Kryptonian technology. Which in turn leads to....

MOS3: Lex Luthor. Perhaps he could create Metallo/Parasite in this film leading to a suited up Luthor later in the film.

Wouldn't mind seeing Toyman in a cameo role where Superman foils his plans. Bruno Mannheim and Intergang would be great too. And I agree that Darkseid should be saved for Justice League. Not entirely sold on Doomsday really.

Last edited by FVD; 04-19-2013 at 08:45 AM.
FVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #74
Chris B
Side-Kick

MOS2: Brainiac and Lex Luthor

MOS3: Mongul

Old 04-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #75
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I think we're at a point in history where Lex Luthor is obviously Superman's "Joker." He has nothing in common with Superman but a stage. Lex Luthor, whom we can expect to be set up in MOS, is the one who fields enemies, who plays on Superman's greatest weakness: his paragonness. Lex Luthor is the one who can stand in Superman's face, hit him where it hurts most and laugh, putting his arm around the big guy and waving to the crowd. No one else can do that. If you want to put Superman through heck, you gotta make Lex what he's supposed to be, even if a shadow of Luthor has been overused in previous films.

It doesn't hurt that Luthor can drop Metallo, or Bizzarro, or Parasite or whatever on Superman easy-peasy.

Brainiac is a great physical villain, but, despite his name, he doesn't outsmart Superman in stories, not because he can't, but because that's not what the character is about at its core. Brainiac isn't a mastermind. He's almost a force of nature, but not a mastermind.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote