The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #926
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJanksta View Post
Would you mind copying and pasting this? I don't have a facebook account.
I don't have a facebook account either, but I'm able to see the page just fine.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 04-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #927
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Leaked pic is now fair game!

Old 04-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #928
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Would you mind copying and pasting this? I don't have a facebook account.
Already did a page or two back (but I wrapped it in the spoilers thingy).

Old 04-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #929
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Love the Zimmer interview. I can't wait to hear his take on superman

Old 04-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #930
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Leaked pic is now fair game!
If it doesn't get removed from the article in a day or two I guess it will be! I would say it is but I can't take CNN quite that seriously when they put the Mackenzie BS rumor in the article.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:07 AM   #931
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

I want to see more of Clark in the Daily planet, maybe some bumbling.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #932
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
My WB contact just watched the upcoming 3 minute 'Man of Steel' trailer. He is liking Henry Cavill more and more. Here's what he could share with me: "I saw the trailer projected in one of the big rooms with full 5.1 sound. The music was great, but may be specific to the trailer, I don’t know. It teases more of his childhood and his trying to hide from mankind, taking different jobs, etc. Also
some General Zod shots. I’m sure you’ll see it soon." Stay tuned Folks!
Quote:
"It's not an 'S'. Where I’m from it’s a symbol of hope." - from the upcoming 3-minute 'Man of Steel' trailer...
https://www.facebook.com/CapedWonder...ery?ref=stream

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #933
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
"It's not an 'S'. Where Iím from itís a symbol of hope." - from the upcoming 3-minute 'Man of Steel' trailer...

Awesome. Hopefully they start showing some stills/posters soon.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #934
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Already did a page or two back (but I wrapped it in the spoilers thingy).
Just found that! Thanks! I have no problem with the S description. I like it actually.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #935
fanboiii
disciple of truth

"celebrating everything that was good and fine about America," such as small towns "where people don't lock their doors, neighbors get together, and families are families."

He's confusing America for Canada. Here we lock our doors and keep guns next to them :P

Old 04-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #936
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Just found that! Thanks! I have no problem with the S description. I like it actually.
As do I, even if its not true I still like the directness of it. Superman would certainly be asked why he wears an S on his chest. I don't get why some people think its better to be subtle about things. In the real world that doesn't happen especially in todays world. People ask straight up questions these days.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #937
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
My WB contact just watched the upcoming 3 minute 'Man of Steel' trailer. He is liking Henry Cavill more and more. Here's what he could share with me: "I saw the trailer projected in one of the big rooms with full 5.1 sound. The music was great, but may be specific to the trailer, I donít know. It teases more of his childhood and his trying to hide from mankind, taking different jobs, etc. Also some General Zod shots. Iím sure youíll see it soon." Stay tuned Folks!
That sounds nice and all, but I want to see some action.

Quote:
"It's not an 'S'. Where Iím from itís a symbol of hope." - from the upcoming 3-minute 'Man of Steel' trailer...
Sounds fine to me.

Quote:
The idea of it being a symbol of hope is straight out of Birthright but the recent character descriptions confirm it is the family crest. Could it be both? I do hope so. Would be a good for the S not to be a total Donner rip-off.
It's definitely possible for it to mean both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
I like it it a lot. You could probably take it either way but Superman is probably just trying to put emphasis it's not just an S for Superman as the Planet has labeled him but a "symbol of hope" for the people while still acknowledging his heritage on a personal level. Like Kal-El on Earth, Jor-El and El line could of been a symbol of hope on Krypton that Jor-El explains to him in the Fortress, or how he puts it "What if a child dreamed of becoming something other than what society had intended? What if a child aspired to something greater? You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
Hmm...maybe that line is Jor-El explaining the responsibility of wearing that symbol. It's a bit farfetched, IMO, but it's possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Harmon View Post
Someone shouldn't directly ask him. I'd prefer someone to somehow just realise what it means.
How would someone go about figuring out what an alien symbol means?

Old 04-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #938
DaJanksta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
As do I, even if its not true I still like the directness of it. Superman would certainly be asked why he wears an S on his chest. I don't get why some people think its better to be subtle about things. In the real world that doesn't happen especially in todays world. People ask straight up questions these days.
I can't wait to hear the interview between him and Lois. they've given us two parts of it already if this is the case. The line from the last trailer and then the S symbol now.

I'll be like this during the interview

Old 04-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #939
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
I can't wait to hear the interview between him and Lois. they've given us two parts of it already if this is the case. The line from the last trailer and then the S symbol now.

I'll be like this during the interview
Haha yeah I'm sure there'll be an interview :d

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
That sounds nice and all, but I want to see some action.
I'm sure we'll get some

Old 04-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #940
DaJanksta

It's so nice in here with something new to talk about. No matter how little it is.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #941
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Seems that Man of Steel (and Pacific Rim) will have a presence at the International Comic Fair in Barcelona April 11th-14th. They will have a booth and supposedly attendees will see new details from the film.

edit: Saw it here and translated it:

http://www.supermanjaviolivares.net/...-material.html

Dude says WB entertainment sent him an email confirming this.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #942
X Knight
Saber Class

absolutely LOVE what Zimmer had to say about the score and what Superman represents.

also, love the nice shout out to the Midwest, being from Kansas myself.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #943
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Seems that Man of Steel (and Pacific Rim) will have a presence at the International Comic Fair in Barcelona April 11th-14th. They will have a booth and supposedly attendees will see new details from the film.

April 11th ? My Birthday !
Oh joy

Old 04-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #944
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:

Ahhh cool, wonder if it'l be same old same old or if we'll get something new

Old 04-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #945
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Oh joy
Yeah but keep in mind it's a booth so probably no photography allowed. And I don't know which day of the 11th-14th the booth will take place.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #946
Mean Mr Mustard
Mighty Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Oh joy
same here!

Old 04-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #947
DaJanksta

Quote:
Yeah but keep in mind it's a booth so probably no photography allowed. And I don't know which day of the 11th-14th the booth will take place.
Go to the event and wear this

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/pr...ellers&from=fn

They'll never know!

Old 04-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #948
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Ummm it's going to take place on the 11th, obviously.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #949
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Go to the event and wear this

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/pr...ellers&from=fn

They'll never know!
Okay...buy me a plane ticket and that cap and I'll gladly go!

Old 04-05-2013, 10:38 AM   #950
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajanksta View Post
it's so nice in here with something new to talk about. No matter how little it is.
Approve X 100.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 04-05-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Closed Thread