The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 03-13-2013, 03:12 AM   #301
LostSon88
Side-Kick

Default Re: Wolverine Will Be in Days of Future Past

Well frankly, other than the synopsis of the original comic story, there's really no telling what future we will be getting in DOTP whether its a post-X3 future OR a future that's a result of the altered timeline.

I do find Singer's quote about "fixing some ****" in regards to X3 when asked about the continuity of the entire series very interesting…which again, would make one speculate that he does indeed have plans to change up certain events that occured in X3 to his liking by using the 'altered future' approach.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:17 AM   #302
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Its post-X3. Bryan Singer already said that he's not ignoring X3/Origins. He also clearly stated that this is also a sequel to X3.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:49 AM   #303
LostSon88
Side-Kick

I know that.

What i'm saying is that by using the element of time-travel for DOFP, Singer is allowing himself an opportunity to NOT directly reference the events that happened in X3 should he choose not to.

By introducing the time-travel aspect and something/someone going back in time thus creating an alternate timeline, it presents an opportunity where the events that happened in X3 may or may not have occured the way they did…if at all.

Never once did I say that Singer was ignoring X3. I simply said that depending on the overall plot, its plausable where we can be introduced to a "post-X3" world where things happened very differently and that certain characters that were killed off in the original timeline (X3) now live.

Take the use of Patrick Stewart. TECHNICALLY, he died in X3. And since I don't see Singer addressing the whole 'twin brother in a coma' thing that was in the end-credits of X3 in DOFP, one could assume that Patrick Stewart's Prof. X in this upcoming sequel was never killed by the Phoenix.

(also keep in mind that technically, Rogue would be powerless for this entire movie as she took the cure…which I also don't see happening. )

This all goes back to my original point that Jean and Scott could totally work IF Singer wanted to use them.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #304
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Yeah he had that chance but he's going with post-X3. He thanks Brett Ratner for letting Kitty, Rogue and Iceman live in X3 so they can be in this one

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #305
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
I know that.

What i'm saying is that by using the element of time-travel for DOFP, Singer is allowing himself an opportunity to NOT directly reference the events that happened in X3 should he choose not to.

By introducing the time-travel aspect and something/someone going back in time thus creating an alternate timeline, it presents an opportunity where the events that happened in X3 may or may not have occured the way they did…if at all.

Never once did I say that Singer was ignoring X3. I simply said that depending on the overall plot, its plausable where we can be introduced to a "post-X3" world where things happened very differently and that certain characters that were killed off in the original timeline (X3) now live.

Take the use of Patrick Stewart. TECHNICALLY, he died in X3. And since I don't see Singer addressing the whole 'twin brother in a coma' thing that was in the end-credits of X3 in DOFP, one could assume that Patrick Stewart's Prof. X in this upcoming sequel was never killed by the Phoenix.

(also keep in mind that technically, Rogue would be powerless for this entire movie as she took the cure…which I also don't see happening. )

This all goes back to my original point that Jean and Scott could totally work IF Singer wanted to use them.
The time travel has to happen first, before history is rewritten.

On that basis, we have to begin with things as they are now and then they can be changed.

Quite how Xavier (in another body) and Rogue (depowered) fit into the story isn't known at this point.

But, of course, all this is speculation. With suggestions of Apocalypse appearing, which is nothing to do with DoFP in the comics or cartoons, and talk of Bishop appearing, when he wasn't in the comics version, we have no idea how it will all come together - and that's the beauty of it.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #306
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hugh Jackman will make his seventh(!) appearance as Wolverine in next year’s X-Men: Days of Future Past, which marks Bryan Singer’s return to the franchise. The actor first heard about the project that features not only original X-Men stars like Jackman and Halle Berry, but also First Class actors like Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence, last year while he was shooting this summer’s The Wolverine and was hoping for a break from his superhero workout and diet. “I must admit I was starting to see a life free of steamed chicken breasts,” jokes the actor. “They told me the idea and, at the time, it was Matthew Vaughn [directing]. Instantly, I knew it was a winner. It just felt like everything was coming full circle. However, I must admit my stomach and my mind were like, ‘Oh no.’”

Vaughn dropped out last October, but not before he gave Jackman an idea of the film’s super-secret plot. Jackman says he now has been given the full script (“I’ve read it—It’s really really fantastic.”) and is excited to reunite with his fellow X-Men and Singer. Says Jackman, “I owe, in a way, everything to Bryan. The first film I did in America was X-Men. Wolverine is a character I’ve loved playing and I can’t believe it’s going to be my seventh time playing it. It just blows me away. It not only feels like the right kind of project, it actually is so exciting that we’ll all be back together again. I don’t want to give away too much but I’m really excited not only to reunite with all those great actors but also to work with some of the other ones.”

X-Men: Days of Future Past hits theaters on July 18, 2014.
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/04/0...-hugh-jackman/

Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #307
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

So Jackman is gonna work with some of the First Class cast. Interesting...

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #308
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

this scares me.... why do I get the feeling that it'll be Wolvy going back into time, instead of Kitty?

DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #309
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath View Post
this scares me.... why do I get the feeling that it'll be Wolvy going back into time, instead of Kitty?
Well, because there isn't a younger version of Kitty in the 70s. If it's the kind of time displacement thing like the comics, I don't see how Kitty will transport her mind into her yet-to-be-conceived self.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Norek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #310
Angamb
Banned User

I dont want to feel angry so soon, but if Wolverine ends travelling in time, I hope he isnt the only x-men. And a girl goes with him, either Kitty or Rogue.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #311
BoredGuy
Killing Time

I feel like the "time travel back into your younger body" thing is a weird idea that may be dropped anyway

they could go with standard time travel and send ellen page

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #312
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

I kinda hope that they go TAS way in the time traveling department and send someone outside the main group, like showing past and the consequences, I really haven't made my mind in what I would enjoy the most, I think I feel very confident Bryan and Co are gonna pull it off, but the idea of Wolverine time traveling and going back to a changed future just doesn't feel right, whatever it is, I'm still open for it

BRYAN SINGER: "Don't be so sure..."
By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #313
Mulholland-Jr
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

So that confirms that Matthew was in on Wolvie being a big part of it from the beginning. HA!

Mulholland-Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #314
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

So the comment means one of following will happen

1:WOlverine will be one with mind transferred
2:Wolverine will be physical transported to 1973 and may not be only one
3:Somehow the preadamanturm Wolverine Is drawn Into things In 1973 while adamanturm wolverine battles sentinles In future.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #315
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Preadamantium Wolverine? That's about the most useless mutant you will ever see. Sabertooth owned him in Origins. Can't imagine any other mutant wouldn't do the same.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #316
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
So the comment means one of following will happen

1:WOlverine will be one with mind transferred
2:Wolverine will be physical transported to 1973 and may not be only one
3:Somehow the preadamanturm Wolverine Is drawn Into things In 1973 while adamanturm wolverine battles sentinles In future.

I think it'll be two, and everyone else from the future will be traveling with him.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #317
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

This is the same thing as Shawn Ashmore saying it's awesome coming back to X-men and working with both the OT actors and FC actors. I wouldn't put much weight into that.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #318
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I'm not sure about that.For one thing that reduces the possibilty of mutants VS Sentinles In
future.Then who are you going to have them fight In past? Would they actully have Ian
Mckellen fighting Michael Fassbender his younger self? And then It would require several new Brotherhood members.Omar Sy and BooBoo Stewart may be playing brotherhood members but most of the remaining yet to be announced 4 roles and possable as many as 6 are Brotherhood members.

But all traveling through time would explain why Beast Is only X-Man returning from First Class.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #319
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i really do think all the Xmen will time travel back to the 70s, but probably not older Xavier and Magneto

there is no point having 2 of them in same time period and i can't see how that would work without being kinda silly

Old 04-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #320
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

It's also possible that the time travel might work the other way around, with the past character ending up in the future somehow. Or that 70s Wolverine will be in the story.

I know it might be silly to read too much into Hugh's words, but saying that he will work with some of the other ones sounds like he will not work with all of them. Which would be strange if Wolverine travelled back into the 70s and was basically in the thick of things in that era.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:48 PM   #321
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Hugh Jackman sharing screentime with the cast of First Class cast is like the most obvious thing! Its a cross-over film! They aren't gonna waste this opportunity to have the major characters of the previous films not to be in 1 single frame/scene.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #322
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Oh I'm sure there will be some kind of screentime sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Preadamantium Wolverine? That's about the most useless mutant you will ever see.
But on the other hand he would be much more useful in a fight against Magneto than the oops-I-have-metal-for-skeleton!Wolverine.

Last edited by Mrs Vimes; 04-05-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote