The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Upcoming Batman Solo Movie

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #651
Frico
Grayson
 
Frico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 8,921
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN =w= DAY View Post
i like Jensen Ackles but i can't picture him as Bruce/Batman

he's better suited as the Flash i think
Yeah, I definitely get more of a Flash vibe from him instead of Bats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Yeah. Richard Madden...as long as he ain't put alongside Cavill or looks a bit different in the coming years, is my favourite Batman candidate again
He isn't my first choice nor someone I've thought of but I can actually see this.

__________________
Affleck. Cavill. Gadot.

You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling.
Frico is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #652
the last son
Side-Kick
 
the last son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,839
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

Yea, plus Batman and Superman have always kind of looked too much alike

__________________
STAY OUT OF MY TERRITORY
the last son is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #653
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!
 
aNarcHy2day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: India
Posts: 1,262
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

Well yeah. But such a thing does not come off very well in movies. It just looks freaky then!

aNarcHy2day is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #654
Rodrigo90
Jaredy Joker!
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 22,389
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

We'll see how he and Cavill look in the next few years then lol

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 04-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #655
Rodrigo90
Jaredy Joker!
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 22,389
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

They look similar. But not identical. Madden's starting to look more aged, making him look less like Cavill.


__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 04-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #656
Rodrigo90
Jaredy Joker!
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 22,389
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

AND ANOTHER THING!

I personally think Richard looks like Bruce from the comics. Cavill is a dead ringerfor Supes.

We like and obviously want actors who look like characters. Bruce and Clark look alike. Madden and Cavill look alike. So should we boot Richard or any actor in the same situation, a potentially good choice for Batman, who looks like Bruce -boot him - just because he accidentally looks like Cavill?

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 04-05-2013, 11:37 PM   #657
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,599
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

It's nice to see new names. But unless Richard Madden is some amazing actor, I don't think he looks like Bruce at all. Maybe it's the hair. Bale didn't look thaaaat much like Bruce from the comics either, so I'm willing to give this dude a chance, but I'm personally not seeing it.

Rorschach2012 is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 11:38 PM   #658
Rodrigo90
Jaredy Joker!
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 22,389
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

Madden's certainly on the up. And he's really good on GOT.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 04-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #659
Rodrigo90
Jaredy Joker!
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 22,389
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

He's got the Bat eyes imo

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 04-06-2013, 03:52 AM   #660
Rodrigo90
Jaredy Joker!
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 22,389
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
It's nice to see new names. But unless Richard Madden is some amazing actor, I don't think he looks like Bruce at all. Maybe it's the hair. Bale didn't look thaaaat much like Bruce from the comics either, so I'm willing to give this dude a chance, but I'm personally not seeing it.
Look at this way -

Madden looks like Cavill
Cavill looks like Clark Kent
Clark Kent looks like Bruce Wayne

So somewhere in there, Madden must look like Bruce. But as you said, he's hairier than Bruce

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 04-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #661
Boom
I got nothin'
 
Boom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sitting on the nitpicket fence
Posts: 32,507
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

Can Madden pull off an American accent? I only know him from Game of Thrones.

__________________
Everything in this post is my fault.
Boom is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #662
ЯɘvlveR
danneB
 
ЯɘvlveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,180
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

so, liam mcintyre,



does he suck on that show he's on?

__________________
All your data are belong to Braniac.
ЯɘvlveR is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #663
Rodrigo90
Jaredy Joker!
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 22,389
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Can Madden pull off an American accent? I only know him from Game of Thrones.
I've never heard him speak American. But he can learn, I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
so, liam mcintyre,
does he suck on that show he's on?
I don't think so. A bit bland. But he's fine really.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:55 AM   #664
ЯɘvlveR
danneB
 
ЯɘvlveR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,180
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I've never heard him speak American. But he can learn, I'm sure.



I don't think so. A bit bland. But he's fine really.
what about james ransone? I've seen him on how to make it in america, but i hear that he's really good on the wire and generation kill, I've not seen either show so i can say much but.

__________________
All your data are belong to Braniac.
ЯɘvlveR is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 02:43 AM   #665
Just_Human
Side-Kick
 
Just_Human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,701
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

- Dent :
Henry Cavill; he looks like Dent on this comics cover :




- Bruce Wayne :
Clive Owen

- Joker :
- Hugh Laurie
- Chris Cooper

Younger Joker :
Gaspard Ulliel

- Riddler :
Tim Robbins

- James Gordon :
Bryan Cranston
Chris Cooper (again)

- Barbara Gordon Sr :
Susan Sarandon

- Alfred :
Ian McKellen

Carmine Falcone :
- Malcom McDowell (with fake brown eyes, though)
- Christopher Lee

Robin :
- Ryan Gosling
- Gaspard Ulliel (again)
- Michael Pitt

Selina Kyle :
Selma Blair

Just_Human is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #666
Anjow1060
Rattling the cage
 
Anjow1060's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,141
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

I'm still on the Jim Caviezal train.

#CaviezalDammit



- Jow

Anjow1060 is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #667
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work
 
hellblazer103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 772
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

I've been waiting forever for this thread to be moved here .

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Comic fans will always defend the hot chick with the rack, unless said chick was divorcing someone like Michael Fassbender or Tom Hardy.
hellblazer103 is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 01:27 AM   #668
ImWithTeamConan
Avenger of Comedy
 
ImWithTeamConan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Southern California
Posts: 3,090
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

Madden's okay but I'd prefer Kit Harrington over him.

__________________
This is how we know what love is, that Christ died for us.


2012 Knockout Kings Fantasy Football Champion
ImWithTeamConan is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 01:29 AM   #669
Rodrigo90
Jaredy Joker!
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 22,389
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

I like Kit as an actor. But he's not really Batman material imo.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 04-12-2013, 01:33 AM   #670
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 73,239
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

Yeah, but neither is Madden, to be honest.

If they wanna go GOT, go for the Kingslayer.

__________________
DS AND THE AGENTS OF
*L.A.M.E.*


H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 01:35 AM   #671
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,499
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
If they wanna go GOT, go for the Kingslayer.
Bingo.

__________________
4.18.15
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 01:37 AM   #672
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 21,379
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

lol "Kit Harrington"

Sounds like a soap opera name. Is he sleeping with his sister's ex-husbands third ex-wife while also fending off an attack from his father's ex-best friends rival oil company?

__________________
"When I was a fighting-man, the kettle-drums they beat,
The people scattered gold-dust before my horses feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 01:38 AM   #673
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 21,379
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

BTW that's not a knock, I like the guy,, but his name is really evocative of soaps.

__________________
"When I was a fighting-man, the kettle-drums they beat,
The people scattered gold-dust before my horses feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 01:41 AM   #674
Rodrigo90
Jaredy Joker!
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 22,389
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Yeah, but neither is Madden, to be honest.
I disagree. He has the potential. Like Cavill. His role on The Tudors, you wouldn't think he was Superman potential, aside from looks.

And Madden has done quite a bit to show he has the potential as an actor.

__________________
“The world is a dangerous place not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing”
Albert Einstein
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 04-12-2013, 01:57 AM   #675
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,499
Default Re: The Batman Reboot Casting Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I disagree. He has the potential. Like Cavill. His role on The Tudors, you wouldn't think he was Superman potential, aside from looks.
His time on that show was one of the biggest contributers to him becoming a fan favorite for the role, so I don't agree there.

Madden would be ok, but he's a bit too boyish-looking for Bruce Wayne, imo. I'm still rooting for an older Bruce this time anyway, even though it almost certainly won't happen. But either way, even if it's a young Bruce, I don't want him looking boyish.

__________________
4.18.15
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110

Last edited by flickchick85; 04-12-2013 at 02:05 AM.
flickchick85 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.