The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #76
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

That wasnt my point

you know damm well movie Rogue is really hated by many fans and non so fans

Recast is totally a wrong decision. They can easily make the characters evolve and Improve, wheter the actress or actor is sexy enough to some fans or not.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #77
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

I hope that the next time we see Angel he'll look like Philip Wincester.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #78
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Recast is totally a wrong decision. They can easily make the characters evolve and Improve, wheter the actress or actor is sexy enough to some fans or not.
For minor characters, a recast isn't really a big deal. And Angel was a minor character in X3 despite being hyped in the trailers/promos.

And as if I only care about looks, I also said they should recast Daniel Cudmore, if they want to give Colossus more character development because I don't think Daniel Cudmore can act very well.

So for me its mix of good acting and the look of the actor.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 04-06-2013, 02:48 AM   #79
huzzah
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
Not deliver them like a plank of wood?
And did the director shout "Cut! Say those lines again like you mean it!"?

Nope. The director seems happy with the way those lines were delivered otherwise we would not have seen what we saw or heard what we heard. That's not her fault.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:57 AM   #80
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I don't care if I'm being superficial. Plus Angel is charming, confident and handsome in the comics. Ben Foster's portrayal of Angel in X3 wasn't even close to that.

Its not all about the talent especially when you're portraying a character from a comic-book. Looks should also count.
I thought he was more wooden than Emma.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:06 AM   #81
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzah View Post

Nope. The director seems happy with the way those lines were delivered otherwise we would not have seen what we saw or heard what we heard. That's not her fault.
Yeah but to be fair the director also has a timetable to follow and a budget to mind. They probably can't just take their time until they're 100% happy with every single actor's performances.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:03 AM   #82
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:

A director can only guide, you can't force a good performance out of someone. She delivered her lines in a wooden manner.

And despite playing an iconic X-Man, despite being contracted to return, they chose not to use her in this film. That decision says it all.

And she wasn't even the original casting choice, anyway.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:05 AM   #83
huzzah
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Yeah but to be fair the director also has a timetable to follow and a budget to mind. They probably can't just take their time until they're 100% happy with every single actor's performances.
If they were worried about budget and time constraints then I dread to think about the approach they're adopting with DOFP.

And these days, directors can view and edit scenes on the spot. I can only assume Matthew Vaughn was happy with January's 'wooden' Emma Frost. But if so many people are complaining now why could'nt he or Bryan Singer see that at the time, or is it because that's how they wanted their version of Emma Frost?

Old 04-06-2013, 05:10 AM   #84
huzzah
Side-Kick

Quote:
A director can only guide, you can't force a good performance out of someone. She delivered her lines in a wooden manner.

And despite playing an iconic X-Man, despite being contracted to return, they chose not to use her in this film. That decision says it all.

And she wasn't even the original casting choice, anyway.
Is the character Emma Frost returning? Leaving it a bit late for recasting. I don't think the character is returning (amongst others) and yet she (and others) joined Magneto at the end of First Class. That tells me they had an idea about a sequel to First Class and then jumped ship at the last minute.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:29 AM   #85
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Is the character Emma Frost returning? Leaving it a bit late for recasting. I don't think the character is returning (amongst others) and yet she (and others) joined Magneto at the end of First Class. That tells me they had an idea about a sequel to First Class and then jumped ship at the last minute.
I honestly believe that had Emma/January been well received, she'd be in this film. Ditto the rest of the FC supporting cast.

They cherry picked the four successful new cast members, and ran with them.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:03 AM   #86
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
it was about Magneto getting his army.
Right now his only army is Mystique. Great improvement, definetly, lol
Exactly. It was about Magneto starting the building of his Brotherhood. He picks Emma Frost for his team. He could have left her at the CIA. Erik chose to go and get her because she was going to "fill the gap" left in his life. Now that seems to be all for nothing.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:25 AM   #87
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

It kinda makes sense to me though that Emma would not want to stick around for too long. She was clearly into high lifestyle, luxury, private yachts and the rest. Hanging around Erik was probably not anywhere as much fun for her as hanging around Shaw was.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:56 AM   #88
Angamb
Banned User

the thing isnt about Emma working with Erik after 11 years, its about not having Emma involved in pivotal events on the 70's.

All characters cant be always involved with Magneto. That is too played out already.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #89
Double B
Side-Kick

Plus, Emma was nowhere to be seen in the OT, so obviously, at some point post-FC, she left the Brotherhood. It may as well have been between the 60's and 70's.

I still like to think that, during the time period of the OT, she's high up in the Hellfire Club, where the character belongs.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #90
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, or on her own school. that would be cool.

or both, lol

Old 04-06-2013, 08:41 AM   #91
Double B
Side-Kick

And looking like this:

Old 04-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #92
jed
Side-Kick

I'm glad that January Jones is not returning. She is probably one of the weakest link from First Class.

Also with young and old Xavier in DOFP, we don't really need another telepath.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #93
Angamb
Banned User

the sad thing is that young Charles wont have a telepath to fight with on the past. Thats another negative thing. Something like that has huge potential to bring a great and NEW stuff.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #94
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
I honestly believe that had Emma/January been well received, she'd be in this film. Ditto the rest of the FC supporting cast.

They cherry picked the four successful new cast members, and ran with them.
You got it.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #95
JP
Smelly

If only they got Charlize.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #96
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
You got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
If only they got Charlize.
Oh don't. The mere thought of what could have been just makes me sad.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #97
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Charlize was born to be Invisible Woman. Alice Eve was meant for Emma Frost. Not casting her was a huge f*** up for First Class. Now I'm hearing she's being considered for Invisible Woman.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #98
Double B
Side-Kick

She dropped out, didn't she? I seem to remember she had all but signed the contract, then dropped amidst rumours that she was no longer happy with the script.

Last edited by Double B; 04-06-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #99
JP
Smelly

Yeah. She dropped out. Her mistake. I'm sure she would have been terrific, and Emma would still be in DoFP.

Now she has to hope that Star Trek will be her breakout role.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #100
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Why they are dropping so many first class characters would be Intresting story.A rumor
said they were Included In script before Vaughn dropped out as director to focus on
Secret Service.With rumors that Vaughn IS father of january Jones' child It could be when
It came to Emma Singer didn't like Jones as Emma and didn't want her In film.Who knows maybe reason for hellfire characters being dropped Is Singer felt If he dropped Emma he should drop many of the hellfire characters.

Closed Thread