The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 03-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #426
SpocksBrain
Internet Geek

Default Re: Kevin Feige says no to another Hulk Movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-E View Post
I think he is fibbing. I can see a Hulk 2 in phase 3. The Hulk needs another movie.
Fibbing? These statements are about no plans for a solo Hulk in Phase 2 and that his next appearance is in Avengers 2. He's not saying there won't be a solo Hulk in Phase 3. From his statement and past statements from Kevin Feige a Phase 3 solo Hulk is a strong possibility. What do you think he's "fibbing" about?

SpocksBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #427
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Marvel have already planned out Phase 2, which they had been working on throughout Phase 1, and will end with Avengers 2.

Phase 3 will be the same: they will plan that out while Phase 2 progresses, influenced on how well the films do (ie: There was no Hulk 2 for Phase 2 because TIH didn't do as well as they had hoped).

I would think they are aiming to have Hulk in another solo film for Phase 3, but they won't confirm anything this far out.

By the time they do go ahead with another one, with ILM now under Disney's wing too, I figure they might (finally) go for a more comic accurate balance and personality for the big guy.

I'm at least hopeful they will have finally accepted the old tv show formula should be thrown out once and for all. If that glaringly obvious flaw in approach has not sunk in and they re-regurgitate that tired old formula yet again, then I'll say now it will not fair much better than the previous efforts. It had it's day over 30 years ago. Long overdue they let that one go ffs.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:47 AM   #428
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
Transformers???
They weren't organic. The tricky part must be the detail, breathing...hair follicles etc.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #429
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

I know this is a little different but they did an amazing job depicting Davy Jones in the 2 pirates movies.

Although it's probably no coincidence those were two of the most expensive movies ever and he wasn't in it as miuch as most people would likely want hulk to be in the film for.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #430
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I definitely think we'll get our TIH2 in phase 3. It's very obvious that hulks popularity and appeal has grown greatly since avengers; they find the right director, the right balance in story and the guts to us a hulk that has personality and marvel/Disney will have a gem on their hands.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #431
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
If they just left Hulk alone there wouldn't be a problem, but being the control freaks they are they just couldn't resist. There's a lesson in there for them, for their sakes I hope they learned it, otherwise the worldbreaker will once again give them a much needed lesson in humility.
You mean leave alone the dangerously insane mutate prone to random personality shifts, and destructive rampages that traditionally only don't destroy entire cities because there are superheroes around to stop him? The guy who read a newspaper talking about the Avengers finding Captain America, and decided to kill them all? The guy who spent time as an amoral mob enforcer? The guy who has turned into a literally mindless beast in the past, and may do so again? The guy who had a random freak out and killed Soul Man? The guy who, in service to his vengeance, felt it entirely appropriate to callously destroy New York City as a casual afterthought?

The only lesson of World War Hulk is that you shouldn't show mercy, and just drop the Hulk into a black hole next time.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #432
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

Default Indestructible Hulk Movie?

Hulk has been more popular lately because of the Avengers movie, but there has been
talk about not doing a Hulk solo and having it be difficult.
What if they made the Hulk movie like his current comic, Indestructible Hulk?
In the comic Banner, not wanting to be remembered for turning into the Hulk and
destroying things, makes a deal with SHIELD. He will create amazing inventions for
them, and have access to all their tech and funding, and they get the Hulk as a WMD
to point at their enemies.

Why not? Maria Hill and SHIELD have already been established in the Avengers, so
has Banner and the Hulk. Maybe the way to go with the solo Hulk films is the current
comic concept of Hulk working for SHIELD as a living weapon.

Hulk working with SHIELD agents:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #433
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Just the way I see it, in this MCU, I don't see Stark or the Illuminati shooting Hulk into space. Someone else would have to do it.

Either that, or Hulk/Banner would have to do something pretty egregious or something pretty terrible for Iron Man to decide to do that. Maybe Hulk is framed and the heroes COLLECTIVELY see this as the best solution. Maybe Banner himself agrees to it.

But the problem ultimately is that World War Hulk is a stupid story where the Hulk is the bad guy and is in the wrong and is beating up other heroes. Audiences aren't going to go for that now that they love Hulk and love seeing Hulk team up with other heroes.

How do you justify the Hulk returning to earth and basically preparing to murder all the other heroes because he's duped by his insect buddy?

Also not to mention, in this version its a more intelligent and talkative Hulk which thus far, Marvel has been reluctant to depict onscreen.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #434
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

been reading some of the legendary Peter David run, along side the indestructible line and I'd like to see Bruce working with Amadeus Cho and maybe Clay Quartermain, shield requires Bruce's knowledge and the hulks force to stop the abomination and the leader with his new found team of gamma beast.

Last edited by Gamma Goliath; 04-05-2013 at 11:35 PM.
Gamma Goliath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #435
Ant-manic
Banned User

maybe the Hulk should reluctantly have to defend everyone from the Atlanteans/Namor (manipulated by the Leader or someone).

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #436
metaphysician
Side-Kick

As I've said before, I think the best Hulk 2 movie would be "Banner and the Hulk vs the Leader and his gamma experiments." Banner needs both his intellect to match wits with the Leader's brain, and the Hulk's might to fight against the Leader's various weapons and experimental mutants. Have the climax be Banner/Hulk preventing the Leader from nuking an entire town to create gamma mutants.

And for extra chemistry, have Banner team up with General Ross, as while they still don't like each other, they aren't active enemies anymore. . . and Ross is the world's greatest expert at hunting down gamma mutants.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #437
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
As I've said before, I think the best Hulk 2 movie would be "Banner and the Hulk vs the Leader and his gamma experiments." Banner needs both his intellect to match wits with the Leader's brain, and the Hulk's might to fight against the Leader's various weapons and experimental mutants. Have the climax be Banner/Hulk preventing the Leader from nuking an entire town to create gamma mutants.

And for extra chemistry, have Banner team up with General Ross, as while they still don't like each other, they aren't active enemies anymore. . . and Ross is the world's greatest expert at hunting down gamma mutants.
I like where you're going with that.
I was thinking along these lines, I'd be fine with the Ross / Banner team up, if it was shield that needed Bruce I'd introduce Clay Quartermain and have him over see the relations between the two men. Replacing Rick as Banners side kick, Amadeus Cho who in his own right brings plenty to the table in character and ability. I'd have Leader and a handful of mind controlled gamma mutants break out abomination whos been in lock up and has been mutating (into a more classic looking grey green, dry skinned beast similar to the original concept art), and Bruce has to find a way to stop the leader from "evolving" a large region of the U.S. into gamma monsters.

Last edited by Gamma Goliath; 04-16-2013 at 11:13 PM.
Gamma Goliath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #438
Bren
Forevernoob

very cool idea I think. imagine internal dialogue where banner has to convince hulk to let him out to stop something scientifically.It'd show hulks relative intelligence, relative control and heroism.

Or even just having hulk himself decide that the situation requires banner and lets him take over.

Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:11 PM   #439
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

In the run of incredible hulk comics before Jason Aaron had taken over, that was very much the relationship between hulk and banner. Working side by side swapping in and out at will.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #440
Bren
Forevernoob

I'd prefer them to still borderline hate each other, to show how 'good' they're being to allow the other to take over.

Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #441
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Yeah that's pretty much how it happened, Bruce was in agreement with hulk and vice versa and they would change when they absolutely needed to.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #442
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I've been thinking about it. I would really enjoy a Hulk CGI film that was actually in continuity with the MCU. That would kinda knock my socks off. Ruffalo as the in-brain Banner could be cool too. I think it'd be nice to see those kinds of conversations. Honestly, it would be silly to contract with anyone but Pixar, and a combination between Marvel and Pixar would be, in short, epic.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #443
Ant-manic
Banned User

i blame the Green Lantern movie. it kind of barred the way for using the Leader.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:37 AM   #444
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I'd like to see phase 3 include a TIH2 directed by Neil Blomkamp, starring Mark Ruffalo of course.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:11 AM   #445
Mario_Galaxy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I've been thinking about it. I would really enjoy a Hulk CGI film that was actually in continuity with the MCU. That would kinda knock my socks off. Ruffalo as the in-brain Banner could be cool too. I think it'd be nice to see those kinds of conversations. Honestly, it would be silly to contract with anyone but Pixar, and a combination between Marvel and Pixar would be, in short, epic.
I've been saying since the 03 movie they should just go ahead and make a really cool and stylized CG film. Might make for a weird juxtaposition to the rest of the MCU. Then again we have a ****ing Guardians of the Galaxy movie coming out so

Mario_Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:59 PM   #446
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I think the problem would be, getting Pixar interested in doing something other than an original work. Anyone but Pixar? You get hit by the animation age ghetto, bad.

Old 05-18-2013, 02:14 AM   #447
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Marvel's Phase Three: 'Doctor Strange,' 'Iron Man 4,' 'Hulk,' 'Inhumans' or 'Runaways' on horizon? -- EW EXCLUSIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Breznican
The third time is the charm. For the Hulk, that moment came with The Avengers. It may lead to a place in Phase Three.

“People were like, ‘You’ve already had two movies. How is that going to happen?’” Feige said about pre-Avengers Hulk worries. “One of the goals that we talked about with Joss [Whedon] on Avengers was we want Hulk to be cool again.”

Ten years have also passed since Ang Lee and Eric Bana’s (in my opinion) underrated Hulk in 2003, which was rebooted with Edward Norton in the Bruce Banner role for 2008’s more action-oriented The Incredible Hulk.

Each was a modest box-office hit, with lukewarm critical reviews. Neither Hulk was particularly beloved by fans. That changed with The Avengers as Mark Ruffalo stepped into the role of Banner, giving the scientist with a mean, green streak some much needed warmth and humor.

Part of Ruffalo’s charm was making the character of Banner/Hulk more like a lovable kid who is prone to uncontrollable tantrums. It worked. Fans wanted more — a lot more.

In December, Ruffalo told EW he’s up for returning as the character, but worried that if they don’t do a Hulk movie with him relatively soon after Avengers 2, he’ll age out of the role. “You don’t want to be a 55-year-old Hulk,” the 45-year-old actor said.

“If anyone could be a great 55-year-old Hulk, it’s Mark so I’m not worried about that,” Feige told EW.

Rumors that a live-action version of the Planet Hulk comics series, in which the green monster is banished to an alien world, are completely false, Marvel execs insist. “What we’re excited about exploring and expanding is Mark — and Banner’s not in Planet Hulk at all,” Feige says. “The fun of the Hulk is his interaction with humans.”

There’s no script for a solo Hulk movie in the works just yet, but Feige says: “Mark could stand in his own movie. … We’re talking about it. We’re excited to sit down and go, ‘What is a stand-alone Hulk movie?’”

Most Marvel fans would agree: Phase Three could use a heaping helping of green.

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #448
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

I'm liking the way that sounds!

Old 05-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #449
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

interesting vid, they obviously didn't do their research on the already debunked planet hulk movie, but everything is else is interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3veFT1iT_M

Old 05-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #450
Aztec
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
interesting vid, they obviously didn't do their research on the already debunked planet hulk movie, but everything is else is interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3veFT1iT_M
While I support her Ruffalo enthusiasm; she makes some bold, and IMHO completely wrong, prouncements. She claims that TIH was a huge failure and that Iron Man 3 angered fans and is "suffering at the box office". These statements are ludicrous. IM3 is making a ton of money and nearly everyone enjoyed it. The "fans" who are upset are upset because its too different not because it's not a good film. I disagree wih her.

Superman Batman Wonder Woman
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote