The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Old 07-30-2010, 07:13 PM   #26
Scourge2099
Nihilistic Zombie Ninja

Default Re: REALLY BAD break-ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenScratch View Post
That's very small of you. You were hurt so you hurt back, really? Spreading rumors that are no doubt lies, what does that do but make a bad situation worse and make you seem all the less civilized. As a man you should behave like a gentleman, with dignity, dragging someone's name through the gutter is not that.
She broke up with me over petty reasons. I was also 20 and stupid at the time.

Scourge2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:48 PM   #27
Alex The Great
Banned User

Yikes. Ugly stories here. Thoughts to all of you!

Makes me glad I'm horrible at getting girls

Alex The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:25 PM   #28
Scourge2099
Nihilistic Zombie Ninja

That chick was a rare case. Usually I just ignore the girls that either I dumped or they dumped me.

Old 07-30-2010, 09:34 PM   #29
Harls
It's an L, not an I

Wow, these are pretty bad.... D:

Harls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:41 PM   #30
Scourge2099
Nihilistic Zombie Ninja

I'm not usually like that when I break up with someone. She ended up sleeping with one of my so called friends on my birthday of all days. When I found out and confronted her about it she broke up with me because I wasn't emotionally involved enough. It was either a dead opossum on her porch or spread rumors about her everywhere. I was pissed so I picked the nuclear option.

Last edited by Scourge2099; 07-30-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:42 PM   #31
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Wait till you go through loosing a wife, that's a whole other level of messed up. Won't talk about that on a public forum though.

ChickenScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:43 PM   #32
LastSunrise1981

Post Re: REALLY BAD break-ups

Very interesting thread. Sadly I can relate to some of the stories that people posted in here because quite a bit of it has happened to me.

I'm not depressed or angry, however, this story involves a girl that I felt in my mind that I had a strong connection with. I met her at Applebees, worked my charm on her, and we started talking at that point and went out on our first date to see Fast and The Furious(The recent one with Paul Walker and Vin Diesel). She's a huge fan of cars and we got extremely close on the date.

Needless to say we dated for awhile and I really, really did feel something for her and I was hoping she felt the same for me. I began to notice she was talking about this guy all the time and for a while I let it slide, but the more she talked about him the angrier I became.

So I flat out asked her because she talked about him too much for him to be "just a friend". I asked her "Are you dating this guy?" She got pretty upset and said it was none of my business, however, she got upset because a co-worker of mine asked me if I wanted to join her and other co-workers for dinner at a japanese restaurant. I just figured "whatever" honestly and went on about my life.

But it turned out she was dating him and had an off and on relationship with him as well. I was hurt really bad and held so much anger, bitterness, and sadness that I was about to give up on relationships. Of course I'm a lot older now, more confident, and I just flat out don't care anymore when it comes to relationships and one will happen when it does.

Fast forward to June 25th and she hadn't talked to me for MONTHS. On June 25th she sends me a text saying "MICHAEL JACKSON DIED!" and my response "It takes Michael Jackson dying for you to talk to me now?"

Guess she didn't like that too much and I never heard from her again. And I can honestly say it's for the best. I don't need a girl/woman who is so "plagued" by abusive relationships that she takes it out on me.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:29 PM   #33
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Well my wife and I separated as of Tuesday.

Old 07-31-2010, 08:43 PM   #34
AndThePickles
Kiss the girl

Quote:
That's very small of you. You were hurt so you hurt back, really? Spreading rumors that are no doubt lies, what does that do but make a bad situation worse and make you seem all the less civilized. As a man you should behave like a gentleman, with dignity, dragging someone's name through the gutter is not that.

*~FHM~*
AndThePickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:19 PM   #35
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Have been through Family Court...

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:31 PM   #36
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

These stories are horrible.

*grabs popcorn*

Old 08-01-2010, 04:29 PM   #37
gn6196
Side-Kick

Most relationships fail, Otherwise people would go through 20 divorces. Part of that failure involves someone cheating on the other. It's not that rare, although it suks....

gn6196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #38
Schlosser85
Watchful Protector
SHH! Global Moderator

We're over it and we're close friends now, but my ex took me to a jewelry store to show me the $1,000 engagement ring he was going to give me for my birthday and then dumped me a month before it saying he felt "numb" about the relationship.

Movie Review Site:

H.E.
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #39
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge2099 View Post
I'm not usually like that when I break up with someone. She ended up sleeping with one of my so called friends on my birthday of all days. When I found out and confronted her about it she broke up with me because I wasn't emotionally involved enough. It was either a dead opossum on her porch or spread rumors about her everywhere. I was pissed so I picked the nuclear option.
yeah, its easy for everyone here to berate you for your reaction, but when you're young and your heart has been broken in such an awful way, its easy to blinded by the anger.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #40
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

In my case we were going out for 4 years, the sex was great because she was on some pill thingy so no hoodie for me

She was also 2 years older than me and had 2 kids, we met at the same McDonald's we were working at so you can imagine her English was down to "how may I help you today?", not to be stuck up since I"m hispanic myself but born in the U.S. and she was from El Salvador.

But I never introduced her to my parents I guess because I was ashamed of her that why I couldn't find a girl worthy of me plus she kept nagging me about living on my own when I couldn't afford it.

Then in our last year together she threatens me that no sex until I find a place of my own (I was living with my parents but paying rent, car, utilities) so we just ended up not seeing each other.

Self-contained stories part of a larger story is where its at. Not this writing for the trade nonsense. If you're going to write for the trade, don't release it in individual issues. Just release the trade.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #41
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
huh, kinda weird I just watched (500) Days of Summer.
Great movie.

The Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:03 PM   #42
KevanG
Brony

I was seeing a girl for awhile, I got sick, pretty much bedridden for 2 weeks, couldn't really do anything at all, pretty much the day Im better, she calls my roommates cellphone, tells him to tell me she's seeing someone else and hasn't talked to me since.

Deadly Premonition - The best horror game you've never played.
KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:24 PM   #43
Scourge2099
Nihilistic Zombie Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
yeah, its easy for everyone here to berate you for your reaction, but when you're young and your heart has been broken in such an awful way, its easy to blinded by the anger.
Thank you. I was in a bad state of mind when I decided to do that. The chick came back to town about 2 years ago because everyone forgot about it.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:59 PM   #44
NotAHenchwench
Ohhh hai der!

Quote:
Well my wife and I separated as of Tuesday.
I'm sorry to hear that.

Passion without precision.
NotAHenchwench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #45
ChickenScratch
Banned User

No worries, I'll live. Thanks.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:35 PM   #46
Honey Vibe
Pardon, Mr. Hyde?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuyan View Post
There are exceptions to every rule. I don't think I would classify your circumstance as a common one. In addition, death has a way of creating rifts where there might otherwise be none. I don't think you should continue living under the idea that what happened to you once could happen again. That seems like a decent recipe for unnecessary depression. Of course there is no way to guarantee that a relationship will go the distance, unknown variables being what they are. However, I operate under the assumption there is no point to my existence if I do not take risks every now and again. I guess I am adventurous in that way.
Well said.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #47
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Wow this thread is a blast from the past! I need to give you guys an update later because so much has happened since my original post.

:o
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #48
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

These stories are terrible!

I need more!

Old 04-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #49
Tigress
Mrs.Leroy Jethro Gibbs

I had two bad break -ups. One guy was obsessed and then after ending things he became borderline stalker, the kind that if he can't have you then no one else can. Second one was the guy was to clingy and wanted me like a bird in a cage, after I ended it, he couldn't let go tried everything he could to get me back.

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #50
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

I'm 26 years old, never had a relationship, never had sex (even though I've had opportunities with chicks that I just wasn't attracted to at all...not that kind of guy), I have severe social anxiety and depression so I rarely make conversation with people and I've pretty much given up on life in general. I just don't relate to most people let alone girls. But keep the miserable, bitter stories coming. They make me feel slightly normal and sprinkle some morbid happiness into my perception.