The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

View Poll Results: Should Bale be Batman again in Justice League?
Yes 87 55.77%
No 52 33.33%
Maybe 17 10.90%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #251
Tyrone Parker
The real black Spiderman

Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
Lois Lane and the newspapers gave him that name.
Sure they didn't see the big red S on the chest or is it all a huge coincidence?

Old 04-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #252
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Let me refer you to this video:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

This may be a fan film, but it is proof enough that a Nolanized Batman could work in a world of superheroes.
I'm sorry...but no. Once again, Batman could not survive a fight in the field against a threat that would require Superman, GL, Wonder Woman, and Flash if he wasn't wearing some kind of mech armor. Heck, right in the beginning of that film it shows Batman getting thrown into a wall by Doomsday, Batman would be dead. Doomsday could literally kill Batman with a swipe of his hand.

And honestly, that's the issue I've always had with Bats in the JLA. To fight against the threats that require the JLA he basically needs to be in some kind of mech armor. And then the real question is, if he has the ability to make said armor...why isn't he in it all the time?

And the issue here is that the Nolan Batman was not shown to possess Iron-man like capabilities in making armor.

Now, I will say, the Nolan Batman series is NOT nearly as "realistic" as people say. In fact, it's not realistic at all. Things like Bruce being able to curl Ra's with one hand, falling over 60 feet into a car and getting up and walking away, and Two-Face show that these films are in no way realistic. However, the established tone and feel of the films do not mesh in any way with a world that would include the Justice League. So I really don't have any desire to see Bale's batman in the JLA.

Also, as a fan, I'm ready to see a new take. We've had nearly a decade of the Nolan Bat films. They were amazing films. They're my favorite superhero trilogy, and they include one of my all time favorite films ever, but I want to see something new. I'd like to see a Batman film that's more in the vein of TAS, or the Arkham games. And while I've never really been a fan of Batman in the JLA at all to be honest, a Batman in those kinds of worlds is one I can see in JLA, because it embraces more of the sci-fi aspect of Batman then Nolan's did.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049

Last edited by Infinity9999x; 04-06-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #253
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Parker View Post
Sure they didn't see the big red S on the chest or is it all a huge coincidence?
Well in the modern era it was more like coincidence.

Old 04-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #254
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
I'm sorry...but no. Once again, Batman could not survive a fight in the field against a threat that would require Superman, GL, Wonder Woman, and Flash if he wasn't wearing some kind of mech armor. Heck, right in the beginning of that film it shows Batman getting thrown into a wall by Doomsday, Batman would be dead. Doomsday could literally kill Batman with a swipe of his hand.

And honestly, that's the issue I've always had with Bats in the JLA. To fight against the threats that require the JLA he basically needs to be in some kind of mech armor. And then the real question is, if he has the ability to make said armor...why isn't he in it all the time?

And the issue here is that the Nolan Batman was not shown to possess Iron-man like capabilities in making armor.

Now, I will say, the Nolan Batman series is NOT nearly as "realistic" as people say. In fact, it's not realistic at all. Things like Bruce being able to curl Ra's with one hand, falling over 60 feet into a car and getting up and walking away, and Two-Face show that these films are in no way realistic. However, the established tone and feel of the films do not mesh in any way with a world that would include the Justice League. So I really don't have any desire to see Bale's batman in the JLA.

Also, as a fan, I'm ready to see a new take. We've had nearly a decade of the Nolan Bat films. They were amazing films. They're my favorite superhero trilogy, and they include one of my all time favorite films ever, but I want to see something new. I'd like to see a Batman film that's more in the vein of TAS, or the Arkham games. And while I've never really been a fan of Batman in the JLA at all to be honest, a Batman in those kinds of worlds is one I can see in JLA, because it embraces more of the sci-fi aspect of Batman then Nolan's did.
He used the same column that Bane threw him against and it left the same impression. Batman didn't die then and at least Doomsday drew blood in that short. Anyway, if you paid close attention to the video, you would have noticed that Batman used a special polarized shield to protect him from Doomsday's most powerful blows. Even though Nolan's Batman wasn't Armored to the hilt like Iron Man, they led you to believe that he was bullet proof, knife proof, and had different suits to accommodate various situations.

Old 04-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #255
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
He used the same column that Bane threw him against and it left the same impression. Batman didn't die then and at least Doomsday drew blood in that short. Anyway, if you paid close attention to the video, you would have noticed that Batman used a special polarized shield to protect him from Doomsday's most powerful blows. Even though Nolan's Batman wasn't Armored to the hilt like Iron Man, they led you to believe that he was bullet proof, knife proof, and had different suits to accommodate various situations.
...Bane is a man. A very strong man. And if we're being honest, Bane did slightly superhuman things in the Nolan film.

Doomsday is a creature that could toss a car like it was a tennis ball. Nolan used a certain level of suspension of belief in his films. He got us to believe that it would be plausible a normal man, with enough training and gadgets, could avoid other men who were armed with guns and knives.

It's a another level completely where you're talking about a normal man being able to fight creatures that could level buildings with a punch. So no, that video you posted of Batman being thrown into a pillar by Doomsday is not even close to comparable with Batman being thrown into a pillar by Bane, in any way shape or form.

here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

Old 04-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #256
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
...Bane is a man. A very strong man. And if we're being honest, Bane did slightly superhuman things in the Nolan film.

Doomsday is a creature that could toss a car like it was a tennis ball. Nolan used a certain level of suspension of belief in his films. He got us to believe that it would be plausible a normal man, with enough training and gadgets, could avoid other men who were armed with guns and knives.

It's a another level completely where you're talking about a normal man being able to fight creatures that could level buildings with a punch. So no, that video you posted of Batman being thrown into a pillar by Doomsday is not even close to comparable with Batman being thrown into a pillar by Bane, in any way shape or form.
Doomsday only got to hit Batman once while he had a force filed on. The blow was enough to crumble a pillar (like Bane did) while weakening the force field. Superman intervened before Doomsday had a chance to finish Batman off. Didn't you see that? Who cares about how overly powered Doomsday was? He wasn't able to kill Batman because he was protected.

Old 04-07-2013, 12:02 PM   #257
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Doomsday only got to hit Batman once while he had a force filed on. The blow was enough to crumble a pillar (like Bane did) while weakening the force field. Superman intervened before Doomsday had a chance to finish Batman off. Didn't you see that? Who cares about how overly powered Doomsday was? He wasn't able to kill Batman because he was protected.
That goes along with what I've been saying all along. Batman could only function in the field with some kind of armor. Force Field, mech armor, something of that sort. And even then, that's not going to help him too much against someone with superspeed like Zoom. And an issue I've always had with that is, if Batman is shown to have this kind of technology, why wouldn't he use it all the time?

Regardless, as I've said before, the Nolan Batman was not shown to be at that level of technological advancement. Which is why I wouldn't be too terribly fussed if Bale doesn't come back.

here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

Old 04-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #258
Frodo
Side-Kick

The reality of the situation is there's always gonna be issue with Batman being with these super powered beings whether its rebooted or Bale . If you're Joe or Jane public going to see jla, then you've already shown the willingness to suspend your disbelief of seeing a flying alien, an underwater Prince, a barley clothed amazon, etc, fighting aliens . Ultimately, Batman's function in the team could be anything from strategest to in the field fighter depending on the script. If the film is good people will go situación it despite whatever hang ups fanboys have about Batman fighting with everyone else .I think given the recent events, that the whole bale jla arguement is moot . Bales Batman isnt gonna be part of jla, unless they recast the part.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:40 AM   #259
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

The further away that we get from this rumor's announcement, the more convinced I am that it's a bad idea. Leave the Nolanverse alone.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #260
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
The further away that we get from this rumor's announcement, the more convinced I am that it's a bad idea. Leave the Nolanverse alone.
Don't worry man, it's already been debunked.

People are just reflecting on what could have been at this point. The Nolan Batman will not return.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:21 AM   #261
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
That goes along with what I've been saying all along. Batman could only function in the field with some kind of armor. Force Field, mech armor, something of that sort. And even then, that's not going to help him too much against someone with superspeed like Zoom. And an issue I've always had with that is, if Batman is shown to have this kind of technology, why wouldn't he use it all the time?

Regardless, as I've said before, the Nolan Batman was not shown to be at that level of technological advancement. Which is why I wouldn't be too terribly fussed if Bale doesn't come back.
Well, if you want this to be grounded in realism, Batman should stand off and use distance weapons (missiles, lasers, et. al.). We all (and even he) know(s) that he could never match the Armageddon creature in hand to hand combat so he would be sly enough to use weapons at distance.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #262
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post

People are just reflecting on what could have been at this point. The Nolan Batman will not return.
Haha just like Talia Al Ghul was debunked from TDKR right? I still cant believe people actually think they're rebooting Batman again. You guys live in the comic.world where people pull a new 52 and its fine. This is movie world and the same year TDKR came out. If five years felt like too short of time to reboot Spider Man , you think the average movie goer wants to see a new Batman already? Its not happening, its not the comics.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #263
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post

It's only debunked when I read the words "There will a new Batman, rebooted, Bale is not coming back" or "this is the new actor cast for the role".

Old 05-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #264
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

I think it's safe to say that neither side is has absolute proof because no one can read the future. I feel like we will see a rebooted Batman, but I'd prefer that not to be the case since the MoS and TDK "themes" are so similar. I'm not sure that a rebooted Batman offers anything more to the GA. It obviously can to the hardcore crowd, but we're a minority.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #265
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Not till I see another actors name attached to Batman I will believe Bale is back!

Old 05-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #266
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah I think the fans will love it but the GA doesn't really care. They have to be won over, and im sure they will if Snyder does a good job. But it's not only that. They have to be won over during JL for them to entertain the idea of going to see his own solo movie. THEN you have to win them over with the solo film. After that, then you know if you have something special and if it's truly a success like Keaton's take or Bale's take.

Sounds fine to me, but with Bale you have the GA going crazy with excitement even before they see him in the movie. All you have to do is win them over with WW, GL and Flash.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #267
Great Mind(s)
Broken

People try to rewrite what the producers have said about it. Robinov says Nolans TDK films DID stand alone but the future is different. People want to read that as Batman films in general when the question was specifically Nolan's Batfilms. They're teasing us and I guess people dont know how to read between the lines.

Last edited by Great Mind(s); 05-02-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #268
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
People try to rewrite what the producers have said about it. Robinov says Nolans TDK films DID stand alone but the future is different. People want to read that as Batman films in general when the question was specifically Nolan's Batfilms. They're teasing us and I guess people dont know how to read between the lines.
#### right they're teasing us!

Old 05-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #269
shauner111
Side-Kick

If Robinov isn't so bright and doesn't know how to form proper sentences to get the point across that a reboot is really taking place...then ill laugh my ass off, because obviously these ppl running WB aren't good business-men. You don't leave something like that hanging. Even if that interview was clearer with his answers, that's not enough.

They should be making it clear to the world that Bale's batman is OVER and no matter what, the next time we see Batman on screen it's going to be a new actor and reboot. They can add in all the "we don't know if MOS will be a shared universe or not, we'll see"..that's fine. But cmon now.

If Bale is attached and theyre indeed teasing us, then I applaud Robinov, Goyer, etc..for stringing people along. That's a good move theyre making if that's the case.

Last edited by shauner111; 05-02-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #270
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
If Robinov isn't so bright and doesn't know how to form proper sentences to get the point across that a reboot is really taking place...then ill laugh my ass off, because obviously these ppl running WB aren't good business-men. You don't leave something like that hanging. Even if that interview was clearer with his answers, that's not enough.

They should be making it clear to the world that Bale's batman is OVER and no matter what, the next time we see Batman on screen it's going to be a new actor and reboot. They can add in all the "we don't know if MOS will be a shared universe or not, we'll see"..that's fine. But cmon now.

If Bale is attached and theyre indeed teasing us, then I applaud Robinov, Goyer, etc..for stringing people along. That's a good move theyre making if that's the case.
Just looking out for you buddy you got to watch you type don't need to see you get banned.

Last edited by IamtheBatman; 05-02-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #271
shauner111
Side-Kick

Fixed lol. Thanks

Old 05-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #272
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Fixed lol. Thanks
No Problem

Old 05-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #273
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
No Problem
At least it was Robinov not some poster...haha.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #274
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
At least it was Robinov not some poster...haha.
True! But, I believe Robinov knows he's not fooling anyone.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #275
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:

If the people that were running the WB were good businessmen, then Disney wouldn't have hired Alan Horn to be Chairman of the Board of Walt Disney Studios.