Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #701
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
You're probably right.

Just seen that Patrick Wilson as Reed shout on the previous page, that and Cumberbatch at Doom is inspired [even though I think BC would make a brilliant Dr.Strange also].

VS.

They both look arrogant as ****, so it's pretty much a no brainer. They really should kind of imply how they're both kind of two sides of the same coin, kind of condescending in their own respective ways, whether intentional or not.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #702
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

He just isn't handsome enough for Victor Von Doom... great actor though.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #703
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post

Cumberbatch would do as Doom, though personally I don't find him menacing at all. The STD trailers where he's supposed to be this super-scary villain didn't impress me at all. Doctor Doom is going to get his face scarred and hide it under the infamous mask fairly quickly, so the audience won't see BC's face for long anyway. And it might surprise you to know that some people think he's quite the looker -- I know, that shocked me, too.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #704
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

There are massive amounts of females that get wet for this dude. As a straight man I personally don't see it, but I guess it's the personality and talent that they dig.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #705
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Cumberbatch would do as Doom, though personally I don't find him menacing at all. The STD trailers where he's supposed to be this super-scary villain didn't impress me at all. Doctor Doom is going to get his face scarred and hide it under the infamous mask fairly quickly, so the audience won't see BC's face for long anyway. And it might surprise you to know that some people think he's quite the looker -- I know, that shocked me, too.
I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, however, Victor Von Doom is the type of guy that has undisputed good looks. That is not what Cumberbatch has. And yeah he does get scarred, but I'd personally prefer him to be handsome before the incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
There are massive amounts of females that get wet for this dude. As a straight man I personally don't see it, but I guess it's the personality and talent that they dig.
It doesn't take a gay man to see if a man is good looking or not. I'm straight as well, and I can see that Cumberbatch is just not traditionally handsome like Victor is.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 04-07-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #706
Jordacar
The Endless One

I just realized Cumberbatch is in both Star Trek and The Hobbit, and he plays neither an Elf nor a Vulcan.

If you're looking for justice, you've come to the wrong place.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #707
Double B
Side-Kick

I'm gay and I don't get the Cumberbatch thing. He's a little too... eccentric looking, to be considered conventionally handsome.

I also find him a terribly unappealing actor, but I digress.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #708
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Eric bana for Doom please

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:05 AM   #709
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post

VS.

They both look arrogant as ****, so it's pretty much a no brainer. They really should kind of imply how they're both kind of two sides of the same coin, kind of condescending in their own respective ways, whether intentional or not.
Exactly; two sides of the same coin - that was just the analogy I was about to use; similar yet different. Visually, you can almost picture them together and imagine that these guys were formerly friends but are now enemies. I'd totally buy it.

Quote:
I dont know about that; my fiance says that while he's a bit unconventional looking he's apparently very attractive [actually, thinking about it I dont know what that says about her taste in men, or my looks!!!]

Old 04-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #710
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I'm a woman and my sister and I think Cumberbatch is one sexy mofo and so do a lot of other women. I like guys who don't have cookie cutter looks often. It doesn't matter rather you guys get it or not. Mainly though I just think he is an excellent actor.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #711
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Exactly; two sides of the same coin - that was just the analogy I was about to use; similar yet different. Visually, you can almost picture them together and imagine that these guys were formerly friends but are now enemies. I'd totally buy it.

I dont know about that; my fiance says that while he's a bit unconventional looking he's apparently very attractive [actually, thinking about it I dont know what that says about her taste in men, or my looks!!!]
Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, but like I said, Victor is the type of man that most people would find extremely handsome. Cumberbatch is the type that some would find attractive depending on their preferences, but he is not what most would find attractive when it comes to his looks.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #712
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I'm a woman and my sister and I think Cumberbatch is one sexy mofo and so do a lot of other women. I like guys who don't have cookie cutter looks often. It doesn't matter rather you guys get it or not. Mainly though I just think he is an excellent actor.
You act like I don't understand, when I actually think you are the one misunderstanding. Someone being sexy does not always mean they are good looking. It boils down to what an individual finds attractive in a person that makes them sexy. Cumberbatch is just not an extremely good looking guy like Victor is. If you disagree, that's fine. I've had my say and won't push it further.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #713
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, however, Victor Von Doom is the type of guy that has undisputed good looks. That is not what Cumberbatch has. And yeah he does get scarred, but I'd personally prefer him to be handsome before the incident.

It doesn't take a gay man to see if a man is good looking or not. I'm straight as well, and I can see that Cumberbatch is just not traditionally handsome like Victor is.

I hadn't thought of it until I saw this rendering, but Armie Hammer could probably pull off a young Reed:

Old 04-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #714
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
You act like I don't understand, when I actually think you are the one misunderstanding. Someone being sexy does not always mean they are good looking. It boils down to what an individual finds attractive in a person that makes them sexy. Cumberbatch is just not an extremely good looking guy like Victor is. If you disagree, that's fine. I've had my say and won't push it further.
Cumberbatch would be a great get for the role but personally I don't just want to see him playing villains in comicbookish films. I was just stating that a lot of people do find him to be attractive.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #715
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Cumberbatch would be a great get for the role but personally I don't just want to see him playing villains in comicbookish films. I was just stating that a lot of people do find him to be attractive.
are you saying you dont just want to see him playing villains in comicbookish films?

or

you dont just want to see him playing villains in comicbookish films?

Because I might have a bone to pick with you if you choose the wrong answer.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #716
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Default Re: Henry Street Reborn! - Part 6

FANTASTIC FOUR Reboot To Start Filming In June!

Old 04-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #717
JP
To me

How have they been able to keep the cast under lock and key this long? They must certainly be cast or in talks at this point. But then again, Singer was also able to keep DoFP casting out of the trades.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #718
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Jon Hamm or Patrick Wilson for Reed please!

Old 04-16-2013, 11:11 PM   #719
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe99 View Post
Wow thats pretty early!

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 04-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #720
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Jon Hamm or Patrick Wilson for Reed please!
Ed Norton.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #721
babykhris
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Wow thats pretty early!
FOX already lost Daredevil, so I guess they need to work to keep FF ASAP.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #722
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe99 View Post
That's a lot longer than the first films had, so at least that's a positive sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
How have they been able to keep the cast under lock and key this long? They must certainly be cast or in talks at this point. But then again, Singer was also able to keep DoFP casting out of the trades.
I'm sure they can keep things secret with the right confidentiality agreements. When we hear casts, it's probably because those involved want that information out there to build buzz.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #723
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykhris View Post
FOX already lost Daredevil, so I guess they need to work to keep FF ASAP.
That's an interesting point. I wonder if the date has something to do with their agreement and they need to get started to show they're in compliance.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #724
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

The June start date may have something to do with how the tax breaks are structured in Vancouver.
I know MIB3 "started" shooting on a certain date for this reason - which ended up being just driving shots or something n.d. like that - and the real shoot started a month of two later.
Could be the same thing here.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #725
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

So I guess we should be hearing about casting soon.

Closed Thread