Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #376
badgrammar
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Metal Gear Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

No it wouldnt be stupid. Anyways as mentioned, the timeline as we know it would have Snake being a pre-teen so the only way Hayter would be buyable as Snake is if some segments take place further in the timeline. And if the two interact with Hayter in both roles...so what? He is a voice actor and trained in altering his voice for different roles. Old Snake sounded different yet at the same time very familiar. I dont see why he wouldnt be able to alter his voice again to distinguish between characters/ages. Besides plenty of games and cartoons have voice actors playing multiple unrelated roles and its not an issue. I dont see the big problem in one actor playing roles that are actually related (being clones, you know)
One of the most awesome scenes in the Dark Knight Trilogy is when Batman finally came back in the motorcycle scene in The Dark Knight Rises. It was epic. Not seeing him in 4 years made it even more epic. So having Hayter play both roles kind of spoils it, and makes Solid Snake's return kind of drab and not as exciting. I rather saved Hayter for that “holy ****, he’s back!” moment.

I am also worried that the fanboys would mess up and destroy that possible epic moment with their petition

Last edited by badgrammar; 04-07-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #377
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

Most petitions are never officially replied to or even noticed. I don't think there's a threat of anything happening here. Except, maybe, for those awkward moments when fans ask Hayter to say a line from The Phantom Pain.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #378
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgrammar View Post
You have no idea of how long time span of the game is going to be when you finish the game. think outside of your box for once.
This game takes place immediately after Peace Walker. Hayter played Big Boss in Peace Walker.

Later on, he falls into a coma that lasts 9 years and he's changed. So, a voice change here wouldn't feel odd. But before then, it sure would feel odd.

Of course, who knows how long the game would span after that, but the fact is that it takes place in the same timespan of Peace Walker in the beginning, according to the recent Kojima interview.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #379
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
One of the most awesome scenes in the Dark Knight Trilogy is when Batman finally came back in the motorcycle scene in The Dark Knight Rises. It was epic. Not seeing him in 4 years made it even more epic. So having Hayter play both roles kind of spoils it, and makes Solid Snake's return kind of drab and not as exciting. I rather saved Hayter for that “holy ****, he’s back!” moment.

I am also worried that the fanboys would mess up and destroy that possible epic moment with their petition
You do realize we haven't seen Solid Snake in action in 5 years? It will be longer by the time these games come out. Its been so long that seeing him featured again will be special regardless.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #380
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Personally, I'll find it less special if Hayter's not the one doing the voice.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #381
badgrammar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
You do realize we haven't seen Solid Snake in action in 5 years? It will be longer by the time these games come out. Its been so long that seeing him featured again will be special regardless.
It would be a hell lot more special if they kept Hayter for Solid Snake's return.

Hideo better make his return EPIC!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #382
badgrammar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Personally, I'll find it less special if Hayter's not the one doing the voice.
I never said that it would be special for a new actor to play as Big Boss. All I said is that it would be amazing for Solid Snake to return out of nowhere with Hayter's voice.

The longer the wait the sweeter the kiss

Old 04-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #383
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
I never said that it would be special for a new actor to play as Big Boss. All I said is that it would be amazing for Solid Snake to return out of nowhere with Hayter's voice.

The longer the wait the sweeter the kiss
If Solid Snake isn't announced to be in this and he shows up at some point in this game voiced by Hayter, then that's exactly what will happen

Old 04-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #384
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Quote:
You have no idea of how long time span of the game is going to be when you finish the game. think outside of your box for once.

Why would I want to be anywhere outside my box? It's kept me safe for over fifteen years since way back on Shadow Moses

Old 04-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #385
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

I don't know, Hayter has pretty good range. But, to ask him to portray a pre-teen Solid Snake sounds like alot of ask of him.

I was listening to the Giantbombcast, and while they're very far from being MGS fans at all, they did get me thinking about what Kojima's ultimate plan. Or if there even is one, really. At some point, it seems like they're literally dotting all their 'i's and crossing all their 't's. Which would make you think that the ultimate plan has to be to basically close the circle, right? Get to the point in the saga where Big Boss has lost his mind and Solid Snake has to stop him. So getting a green (ala Snake Eater) Solid Snake has to be part of the plan to where this road leads.

That, or Kojima is absolutely entranced by Big Boss as a character and just feels the need to tell more stories about him. Which, I guess is just as possible. There never really was a grand plan, so it seemed, before which led to all this pressure on MGS4 to explain all this...madness that had added up.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #386
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4ATKuVrJbM4

Comes out tomorrow. He's got Vergil's Rapid Slash, Upper Slash, and Judgment Cut.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #387
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Looks pretty bad ass. Not sure if i really care to play as Sam tho.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #388
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

If there's a button prompt for that bored look Sam likes to give, then I'm all in.

Or that creepy awkward smile. Either one should do.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #389
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I would rather Hayter be brought back if Solid Snake is ever used again as well.

- CM Punk
Old 04-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #390
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

Wait so..Hayter is officially not involved with Phantom Pain in any way?

Old 04-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #391
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Looks like it. Unless it's a joke or something, but nah.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:10 PM   #392
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuzz View Post
Wait so..Hayter is officially not involved with Phantom Pain in any way?
As of now, no. But the game is probably still early in development. They could always change it I wager.

- CM Punk
Old 04-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #393
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

They better.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:16 AM   #394
Havok83
Side-Kick

I just beat MGS4 again to earn the Chicken emblem and a bunch of others. Just 6 more playthroughs for the platinum...lol. I think I might do one more and then stop and move onto MGR.

One thing that didnt make sense to me was why the heck did EVA through herself over the burning body of Solidus? That seemed way too dramatic and over the top considering she knew it wasn't Big Boss. I don't think that act was really necessary at all and didn't accomplish anything. She was pretty much willing to commit suicide (and an awful way to die at that with being burned alive)

Another discrepancy I noticed is that Big Boss said that Naomi told him everything, BUT he was in a coma until Snake shut down the AIs. By that point, Naomi was already dead.

Im still saddened the game never got a special edition release with extra content. There was really so much more they could have done with the game. Its also a shame we never had a cutscene viewer as previous titles had that. Seemed like an oversight.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #395
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Eva was what? 80? Coupled with the fact that she had been impaled and lost a lot of blood I always just assumed that her head wasn't in the right place at the time and she actually believed that Solidus was his father.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:58 AM   #396
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

She had to pretend the body was that of Big Boss, in the same way Ocelot had to make himself become Liquid. Also, did Big Boss say he only awoke when the AI's were down, or that he could only find Zero when they were down? In any case Naomi could have left a message like she did for Solid.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #397
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
She had to pretend the body was that of Big Boss, in the same way Ocelot had to make himself become Liquid. Also, did Big Boss say he only awoke when the AI's were down, or that he could only find Zero when they were down? In any case Naomi could have left a message like she did for Solid.
How does throwing herself over a burning body accomplish that? It was unnecessary. Besides they had already believed the body was BB and no longer needed it, hence why Liquid ordered it to be disposed of. Risking killing herself over it at that point served no purpose

Zero, and the proxy AIs that came after him, were convinced that Solidus was me. I was implanted with nanomachines... Kept in a state of eternal sleep... By JD the proxy AI. They had me sealed away completely... Not only physical body, but my will, too. The technology was similar to what they used to restrain the B&B members you encountered. For me to wake again... The System had to be destroyed... One way or another. Ocelot and EVA wanted two things... To bring me back to life, and to end the Patriots. That meant destroying the AI and killing the man... JD and Zero.

So basically the nanomachines BB was implanted with kept him comatose by JD. He only woke up after JD was destroyed and that happened at the end when Snake uploaded the virus. Naomi was killed off in the previous act. There was no way that she spoke to BB

As for your last statement, that could have been fine except BB doesnt say Naomi left him a message. He flat out says she told him.

Last edited by Havok83; 04-14-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #398
Ajendo
Side-Kick

Is there some in depth video documentary that chronicles the whole MGS saga that one can watch?

Tyrion: I wish to confess...
Old 04-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #399
CrypticOne
HiiiPoWeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajendo View Post
Is there some in depth video documentary that chronicles the whole MGS saga that one can watch?
I wish.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:43 PM   #400
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajendo View Post
nothing recent. I think the closest thing was the extra bluray that came with the LE of MGS4 but that was more of an overview, and not in depth

Closed Thread