Old 04-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #1
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Default Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four, S.H.I.E.L.D. & FF

From Comics Alliance:
Fantastic Four #570: Solving Everything [Annotations]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Uzumeri
Jonathan Hickman came on Fantastic Four in late 2009 and, quite frankly, blew the socks off of the book. Since then, Hickman and later collaborators like Dale Eaglesham, Neil Edwards and Steve Epting have been weaving an intricate, thematically layered story of fathers and sons, the costs of inaction, scientific responsibility and punching things in the face. In other words, it's a perfect choice for the annotation treatment. So welcome to a new ongoing joint here at ComicsAlliance: The annotations of Jonathan Hickman's superb run on Fantastic Four.

To follow along, I highly recommend grabbing the first trade of the run - there will be slight spoilers of later stories for the purpose of drawing connections, but we'll try not to ruin anything too dramatic. However, unlike with the Bat-mythos, I'm not anywhere near as familiar with the extended history of this franchise, so I've brought in Funnybook Babylon's inimitable Chris Eckert as a co-annotator for the historical perspective while I'll continue to try to deconstruct Hickman's narrative.
Annotations of Jonathan Hickman's 'Fantastic Four' #571-572
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Uzumeri
Welcome back to our ongoing annotations of Jonathan Hickman's Fantastic Four run. This time around, we're taking a look at the second two parts of the opening "Solve Everything" arc, issues 571 and 572 with art by Dale Eaglesham, collected in this trade. Joining me again to provide historical background on a lot of this stuff is Chris Eckert from Funnybook Babylon. In these two issues, we'll see talking Celestials, lobotomized Dooms, the fall of the Council and learn that the cost of solving everything... is everything.

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote