The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #426
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr Mustard View Post
Considering how little material WB has released for this movie, I feel kinda silly asking this but, do you guys think MOS will follow the steps of TDK and TDKR and show a 6 minute prologue? And if it does would you watch it? To me it would be a very difficult decision...I'm kinda torn between watching the new trailer, posters and anything else that comes along or going with just what I've seen so far (teaser and trailer) considering we're only 2 months away...
That ship has sailed a long while ago. Both TDK and TDKR had their prologues in December. They were an advertisement for Imax as much as they were for the film itself. Besides, who is to say MOS even has a 'prologue'?

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 04-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #427
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
It's such a shame that Ebert died. He was one of the few critics that I felt stated his opinion without conforming to some type of internal or external standard. He was generous to good movies, and harsh on bad ones. But he wasn't one who usually panned a movie for lacking ambition and being a popcorn movie, or praised a movie for how good he wanted it to be.

He was just honest, and that's rare these days. I sometimes wonder how many critics secretly enjoy the movies they pan, just to get respect from their likeminded peers.
This is exactly my thoughts on him. I am very sad that he passed. I was really looking forward to his thoughts on Man of Steel. I am actually a little angry now that I will not be able to read them.

In addition to being upset that the world lost a great intellect and kind person, first and foremost though.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #428
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Dang... April is going by pretty fast.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #429
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Hopefully (and most likely) the marketing will pick up this week. I really want to see that new poster already.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #430
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
You know, it actually is. Which is just fine by me!

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 04-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #431
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Same for me... Weird, isn't it?

I can imagine myself watching the 3rd trailer for the first time I'm gonna cry! lol

Old 04-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #432
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Hopefully (and most likely) the marketing will pick up this week. I really want to see that new poster already.
Wait, you make it sound like you have heard a description of it. Have I missed something?

Old 04-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #433
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

I think I just figured out why it feels like time is going by fast. It makes SO much sense!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 04-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #434
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
I think I just figured out why it feels like time is going by fast. It makes SO much sense!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

He knows what we want

Old 04-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #435
Binker
Side-Kick

Please tell me this is going to be affordable...please tell me this is going to be affordable...please tell me this is going to be affordable...please tell me this is going to be affordable...

Quote:
Universal Designs Ltd. has revealed an image of its proposed design for a "Man of Steel" Superman Leather Jacket they're aiming to bring to the market over the next few months.

Based on the design of the Superman costume seen in "Man of Steel", the concept design for the UD Replicas Superman Leather Jacket is pending approval from Warner Bros. before it can go into production. The final product may vary from the image shown.
sOURCE: http://www.facebook.com/UDReplicas

Old 04-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #436
fake
Side-Kick

Just saw the MOS 3D trailer in front of Jurassic Park 3D. I have to say the 3D looks well done and seamless in the trailer. Hopefully the movie has the same level of 3D conversion.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #437
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
Just saw the MOS 3D trailer in front of Jurassic Park 3D. I have to say the 3D looks well done and seamless in the trailer. Hopefully the movie has the same level of 3D conversion.
There's no reason why it wouldn't.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #438
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
Please tell me this is going to be affordable...please tell me this is going to be affordable...please tell me this is going to be affordable...please tell me this is going to be affordable...

sOURCE: http://www.facebook.com/UDReplicas
That looks amazing! Will it be affordable...not likely

Old 04-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #439
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Is that a motorcycle jacket? I thought jackets that come from that company are motorcycle jackets. Isn't that all they sell?

Old 04-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #440
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

See this and weep. Carlos probably made this himself, and is presumably not selling it. Almost makes me want to fly to Mexico.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #441
gomez147
You're not just anyone

The silence...

Old 04-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #442
gkokujin
Side-Kick

I wish i could filter out batman discussions.

but then the superman forum wouldn't have much going on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #443
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Anybody think the guy James Bond kills in that classic Shnaghai sequence looks sort of like David Goyer? No wonder I take a bit too much pleasure rewatching it.

Runs.....
It was beautifully shot indeed, but I wouldn't call it classic. And yes, Ola Rapace does look like Goyer in Skyfall.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #444
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
See this and weep. Carlos probably made this himself, and is presumably not selling it. Almost makes me want to fly to Mexico.
It's missing the wrist pieces.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #445
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Isn't it too late for the MTV Movie Awards?
Nope. They haven't announced much other than an exclusive trailer for the Hunger Games sequel and a handful of presenters and thats it. It doesn't air for another week either.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:20 AM   #446
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I wonder if today will bring anything new

Old 04-08-2013, 05:23 AM   #447
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 04-08-2013, 05:31 AM   #448
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I wonder if today will bring anything new
I don't know about today, but we should be getting something this week. Assuming the trailer gets released next week, we could be getting confirmation in the next few days. Either from WB and/or the ratings sites.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:41 AM   #449
Project862006
Banned User

Old 04-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #450
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Oh hai guys, so I wrote to WB asking if we get anything this month and they replied with this:

Closed Thread