The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #226
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - Part 12

who wants pie?

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 04-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #227
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
who wants pie?
It was the closest I could find that relates, but I don't eat pie...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 04-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #228
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

I hear that pie is so good.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #229
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

No pie, aunt mays home made wheat cakes are where it's at.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #230
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

A PIE OF DARK KNIGHT PIZZA!

God I miss that thing, why did Dominos have to change? Why??????????!!!!!

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 04-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #231
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
It's as close to the script right now and...

Ask yourself why outside of toys we have yet to hear about a fight between Mandarin and Iron Man. Toys sells us all kind of things that never happen. It's their job to create playsets to play around in - not to replicate the film.

And everything else matches in line with Shane Blackism -- not something a writer would invent. Plus, it's not the writer's job to invent -- it's to remain true.

A superhero having a panic attack and falling down after a bunch of kids threaten him and his new sidekick -- that has Shane Black written all over it.

What phrase? I'm simply saying I agree with the filmmakers because I see what they see and what they said.

I'm also accusing you of not having seen it or ---- read it --- so it's not the same thing.

So, what are you getting at exactly?

ps. I'm just naturally sarcastic a lot of the time.
We haven't heard about it because they are trying to keep it secret. Duh.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 04-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #232
kedrell
ThatsAlotOfNuts!!

Seriously...Pizza? Gotham isn't even known for it.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #233
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
We haven't heard about it because they are trying to keep it secret. Duh.
To which what on earth would be the reason to keep it secret?

Hey, I'm just as disappointed as you but I see no reason for there to be a cover up. Because what would they be covering up?

You're free to think that there is, but everything is pointing to there isn't.

This isn't something marketing people would cover up. Because, why would they cover up something as simple as a fight?

To just "be a surprise on screen" -- it's not that simple enough, these people think in dollar signs, they'd give away a character dying if they figured they could make money off it. And they could make money off of a fight being there. Especially what this fight would be. So, why cover it up?

Old 04-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #234
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

RDJ and Kingsley shot scenes together at Vizcaya, the details of which haven't been sussed out by set spies or informers. Vizcaya is used as "Mandarin's lair." Ergo, the hero enters the villain's lair. You think they were having a cup of tea together....?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #235
InternetPeople
Petty... and tiny

They're just hashing out their differences over a beer like modern men.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #236
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
RDJ and Kingsley shot scenes together at Vizcaya, the details of which haven't been sussed out by set spies or informers. Vizcaya is used as "Mandarin's lair." Ergo, the hero enters the villain's lair. You think they were having a cup of tea together....?
I'm pretty sure they just meet and it's a first confrontation, but not an action scene. It's used as the Mandarin's mansion.

That's also where Killian has held captive Rhodey and Pepper. Tony breaks in to break them out. Along the way he runs into and has to ward off other extremis soldiers. In other words, it's all too tight that at most I just see Mandarin pulling off a single move to aid in their escape or to threaten him about the President. Think the Skyfall villain in the tunnel activating the subway car -- that kind of moment. It is also directly before the final showdown. They almost literally go from there directly to the docks (after saving Air Force One).

If it was anything more grand than that, there wouldn't be a need to hide it. However, if there's just one scene like that -- then yeah, they wouldn't want to show that one trick up their sleeve.

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 04-07-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #237
Chris B
Side-Kick

Personally, I really don't see what the point would be of pushing the grand finale of Iron Man vs. the Mandarin back another movie.

It wont ruin the movie for me if that truly is the case, but they've been hinting at this conflict since IM1, and putting it off for another film just seems like needlessly prolonging things.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #238
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
Personally, I really don't see what the point would be of pushing the grand finale of Iron Man vs. the Mandarin back another movie.

It wont ruin the movie for me if that truly is the case, but they've been hinting at this conflict since IM1, and putting it off for another film just seems like needlessly prolonging things.
If Mandarin is the key villain here fans will be deeply disappointed. Most of the screen time is given to Extremis and Killian. Very little time is spent towards Mandarin himself. Frankly, it would be a waste to just add a Mandarin and Iron Man showdown to the end of this. It would feel tacked on rather than a natural element of the film. I'd much rather Mandarin in a film that is purely about Mandarin.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #239
mc_scorpion
Newbie First Class

In the book...
how can Extremis soldiers be killed if they have such advanced regenerative abilities?

Old 04-07-2013, 11:25 PM   #240
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

General audiences aren't going to care what happens to Mandarin after IM3. All they know is that they get two great actors playing two great villains, Killian and Mandarin, in a great Iron Man movie. If they leave the door open for one or both of those characters to come back in future movies, all well and good; but audiences aren't going to demand that the next installment of IM's story be a continuation of this one.

And fanboys expressing faux nerdrage about the Mandarin getting nerfed or shortchanged in this movie need a comic-book reality check: Mandarin is *not* The Joker. He is *not* Lex Luthor. Nor Green Goblin, or Magneto. Yeah, he's been in a lot of Iron Man books over the past 50 years, but his status as "nemesis" is vastly overrated. He doesn't have a history with Tony that is as intimately tied with Iron Man as Joker is to Batman, or Luthor to Superman, or Gobby to Spidey, or Magneto to the X-Men. Those are eternal clashes. Mandarin is just the most common and most outlandish villain in a long series of ****ty villains in Iron Man's notoriously lame rogues' gallery.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-07-2013, 11:53 PM   #241
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Your second paragraph is why I find it highly unlikely that they have a fight. If it was a big fight with a main villain - yeah, I can see them concealing it. Here, I don't know what they have to hide. They stand a lot more to gain because it's more diverse money shots.

I'm not approaching Mandarin in IM 4 from a fan perspective, but purely as the next logical step from how they leave things here story-telling wise. Also knowing Marvel always has a plan. If Mandarin's revenge wouldn't be the next film, there's no reason to have him state "I'll get my revenge" at the end of this film. You'd just leave it as is - him disappearing. Adding any more of that would set up a much longer narrative than what is necessary and get fans hopes up for no reason at all. Every scene has to have a reason. And without that being a set-up, I don't see any reason in having it.

I actually forgot lol. So this is a guess, from what I remember - they just fought them like they were just super powered beings that weren't invulnerable. They just fought them like they were ordinary super powered bad guys, no special additional thought behind it really.

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 04-07-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:42 AM   #242
Superhero 101
DESI

I really would like to see Mandarin and Iron Man Go at it in a final fight kind of thing I mean they have been marketing it that way with Tony Saying "It's just you and me" There needs to be a final fight. The only satisfying Final Fight we have gotten from a Marvel Movie is The Incredible Hulk with Abom and Hulk thrashing it out in the middle of Brooklyn

Old 04-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #243
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

/\ I think that is why they are going against it. Feige said to Black, pretty much, "look we want you to deconstruct the superhero genre then go against it beat by beat, sound up your alley?" One way they did that is by going against that. Which yeah, disappoints me - but at the very least, it's most likely connective tissue into the next IM film. Also outside of marketing, it reads more like a Killian story anyway.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:54 AM   #244
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

I haven't read these alleged spoilers, but is it weird that I never expected there to be an actual "Boss Fight" with the Mandarin? I pictured it more like a western where there's more tension than action between the two opposing forces, till one just gets gunned down or whatever.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:59 AM   #245
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Nope, because that's how they marketed it. People will also be surprised it takes place during Christmas. And that that shot of Tony in a snowy alley is him in Minnesota and not somewhere overseas.

ADDING: just found out I read it wronAOL.ol

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 04-08-2013 at 01:16 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:04 AM   #246
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
I haven't read these alleged spoilers, but is it weird that I never expected there to be an actual "Boss Fight" with the Mandarin? I pictured it more like a western where there's more tension than action between the two opposing forces, till one just gets gunned down or whatever.
lol..me too. I mean, Mandarin looks like he's pushing 60. The guy's no spring chicken. I never expected him to be any kind of physical threat in this movie, more of a psychological/puppetmaster type terrorist. I never once thought he was going to go mano-y-mano with Stark.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:17 AM   #247
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
General audiences aren't going to care what happens to Mandarin after IM3. All they know is that they get two great actors playing two great villains, Killian and Mandarin, in a great Iron Man movie. If they leave the door open for one or both of those characters to come back in future movies, all well and good; but audiences aren't going to demand that the next installment of IM's story be a continuation of this one.

And fanboys expressing faux nerdrage about the Mandarin getting nerfed or shortchanged in this movie need a comic-book reality check: Mandarin is *not* The Joker. He is *not* Lex Luthor. Nor Green Goblin, or Magneto. Yeah, he's been in a lot of Iron Man books over the past 50 years, but his status as "nemesis" is vastly overrated. He doesn't have a history with Tony that is as intimately tied with Iron Man as Joker is to Batman, or Luthor to Superman, or Gobby to Spidey, or Magneto to the X-Men. Those are eternal clashes. Mandarin is just the most common and most outlandish villain in a long series of ****ty villains in Iron Man's notoriously lame rogues' gallery.
The only problem I have is that they are building him up like he is. They have called him Tony's arch nemesis. They keep showing him being all sinister.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:24 AM   #248
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
It's as close to the script right now and...

Ask yourself why outside of toys we have yet to hear about a fight between Mandarin and Iron Man. Toys sells us all kind of things that never happen. It's their job to create playsets to play around in - not to replicate the film.

And everything else matches in line with Shane Blackism -- not something a writer would invent. Plus, it's not the writer's job to invent -- it's to remain true.

A superhero having a panic attack and falling down after a bunch of kids threaten him and his new sidekick -- that has Shane Black written all over it.

What phrase? I'm simply saying I agree with the filmmakers because I see what they see and what they said.

I'm also accusing you of not having seen it or ---- read it --- so it's not the same thing.

So, what are you getting at exactly?

ps. I'm just naturally sarcastic a lot of the time.
You called it a deconstruction of a superhero film. Nothing in your spoilers indicate that. Nor do they display an anti-superhero film.

I understand Shane Black. His films (as a writer) are a bit "off", but in a good way. But that doesn't mean they are deconstructing the genre. Even "Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang" didn't do that.

And on your last point, about being naturally sarcastic. I know the feeling.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:28 AM   #249
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Another spot...including a snippet of Iron Man's battle with Killian
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-08-2013, 06:41 AM   #250
thalidomide
The Enemy

nice find freshman

Closed Thread