The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 12:48 AM   #926
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

They have been shooting for a week now - maybe we'll start seeing some set photos soon...

Old 04-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #927
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
They have been shooting for a week now - maybe we'll start seeing some set photos soon...
Once they start the outdoor scenes I bet

Old 04-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #928
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

First Pic!

Old 04-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #929
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

And so it begins! Bastards are still hiding the costume. From what I can see, the suit definitely looks more bulky than his Avengers suit. It'll probably be closer to his suit in the Cap 1.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 04-08-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #930
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Bigger

Old 04-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #931
OB12
Side-Kick

Here is a minor nit. Why are they not maintaining consistency of the SHIELD logo with Agents of SHIELD?

Old 04-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #932
Jamify

Official Marvel site have also confirmed both Redford and VanCamp's characters in their article.

Quote:
Following in the footsteps of the record-breaking Marvel Studios’ release, “Marvel’s The Avengers,” production on the highly anticipated release, Marvel’s “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” has commenced in Los Angeles, California, with production also including locations in Cleveland, Ohio, and Washington D.C. Directing the film is the team of Anthony and Joe Russo (“Welcome to Collinwood”) from a screenplay written by Christopher Markus (“Captain America: The First Avenger”) & Stephen McFeely (“Captain America: The First Avenger”). “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” returns Chris Evans (“Captain America: The First Avenger,” “Marvel’s The Avengers”) as the iconic super hero character Steve Rogers/Captain America, along with Scarlett Johansson (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” “Iron Man 2”) as Black Widow and Samuel L. Jackson (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” “Iron Man 2”) as Nick Fury. In addition, film icon Robert Redford has joined the all-star cast as Agent Alexander Pierce, a senior leader within the S.H.I.E.L.D. organization. “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” is set for release in the U.S. on April 4, 2014.
“Captain America: The Winter Soldier” will pick-up where “Marvel’s The Avengers” left off, as Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world and teams up with Natasha Romanoff, a.k.a. Black Widow, to battle a powerful yet shadowy enemy in present-day Washington, D.C.

Based on the ever-popular Marvel comic book series, first published in 1941, “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” features an outstanding supporting cast that includes Sebastian Stan (“Captain America: The First Avenger,” “Black Swan”) as Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier, Anthony Mackie (“The Hurt Locker,” “Million Dollar Baby”) as Sam Wilson/Falcon, Cobie Smulders (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” “How I Met Your Mother”) as Agent Maria Hill, Frank Grillo (“Zero Dark Thirty”) as Brock Rumlow and Georges St-Pierre (“Death Warrior”) as Georges Batroc. Rounding out the talented cast are Hayley Atwell (“Captain America: The First Avenger”) as Peggy Carter, Toby Jones (“Captain America: The First Avenger,” “The Hunger Games”) as Arnim Zola, Emily VanCamp (“The Ring 2,” “Revenge”) as Agent 13 and Maximiliano Hernández (“Marvel’s The Avengers,” “Thor”) as Agent Jasper Sitwell.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #933
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Guess Hawkeye definitely won't be in this one... ugh. My excitement has gone down a slight notch.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #934
JP
Smelly

Hm, not sure if I like the bulky suit. That's what I hated about the FA suit, but it fit the period, so it was okay. I much prefer the Avengers suit.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #935
DN91
Legendary Outlaw

Looking a bit closer at what he's wearing, I don't think it's the main outfit, but rather one he uses for spy missions. In essence, I think that's the MCU version of Cap's Super-Soldier suit from the comics (if we're going by the fingerless gloves being worn in the image).

Old 04-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #936
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Yeah not sure thats the new suit, he's wearing what seems like a Jacket to me, could be something similar to what he wore at the end of Avengers when he rode off.

anywho!.....LOVE IT!

Old 04-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #937
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Hm, not sure if I like the bulky suit. That's what I hated about the FA suit, but it fit the period, so it was okay. I much prefer the Avengers suit.
I like ya! I'm a supporter of the Avenger suit as well, not gonna find much support though lol, though I'm looking forward to something new for Cap2

Old 04-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #938
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Oddly, it looks fairly similar to this suit. Gloves look alike. And judging by the shoulders poking out on the side of the shield, it may just be a bulkier chest/torso....unless that's just Evans

Old 04-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #939
kaijunexus
Marvel Cinematic Universe

Pretty obvious that this is just his motorcycle outfit...leather jacket, finger-less gloves, etc.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #940
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Oddly, it looks fairly similar to this suit. Gloves look alike. And judging by the shoulders poking out on the side of the shield, it may just be a bulkier chest/torso....unless that's just Evans

That's exactly what I thought, too. Hopefully this is just his helicarrier/S.H.I.E.L.D. outfit and not the full Cap costume he'll be wearing for the bulk of the movie.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 04-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #941
James_Smith
Banned User

Fingerless gloves. Interesting...

Old 04-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #942
lucas8771
Side-Kick

He has his natural, shorter hair in that picture. Hopefully he won't be wearing a wig like he did in TFA and TA.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #943
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I'm glad Peggy will be back, I guess it will be in flashback.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #944
James_Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12 View Post
Here is a minor nit. Why are they not maintaining consistency of the SHIELD logo with Agents of SHIELD?
Well, we don't know when the SHIELD TV show takes place. There was a new logo introduced in The Avengers (although the old one could still be seen on some things, e.g. the truck Loki rode in), but if it takes place before that then it makes sense they're using the old logo.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:03 PM   #945
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Not big on Black Widow having a big enough role to be the only other person named in the synopsis. Oh well. Still Cap!

Old 04-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #946
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:

That's the one I was hoping for!

Old 04-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #947
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Yes, it's good there's official confirmation of Hayley Atwell, especially after she said she wasn't coming back and Stanley Tucci said she was.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #948
Frico
Grayson

Quote:
first pic!
woot!!!!

You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #949
mclay18
Side-Kick

I'm actually surprised Jeffrey Ford has signed on to co-edit yet another MCU film. First it was Captain America: The First Avenger, then The Avengers, Iron Man 3 and now Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Feige must really like his work...

"Come Think With Us."
Old 04-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #950
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Interesting. Though I need to see more details on it before I can make a good judgement on it.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Closed Thread