The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

View Poll Results: Love interest for Cap
Sharon Carter 86 79.63%
Wasp 3 2.78%
Other 19 17.59%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #51
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 36,100
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

I'm really glad Hayley Atwell is coming back in some capacity.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #52
The Infernal
Life's End Boss
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,740
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Is she? Last I heard she didn't expect to come back.

__________________
Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #53
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,799
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Is she? Last I heard she didn't expect to come back.
Did you not just read the press release?

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #54
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,096
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Did you not just read the press release?
Plus, Stanley Tucci kind of spilled the beans in an interview at some award show or movie premiere when discussing relationships with past costars.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #55
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 21,440
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Did you not just read the press release?
What he last heard trumps the press release.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #56
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,462
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
She's very average to me. Hopefully her performance brings more to the table.
+1

Regarding Agent 13, I think it might be meant as a surprise. But it's be weird, as even Hawkeye is referred to as Hawkeye only once and Barton all the time.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #57
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,799
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Why do people say Van Camp looks average? She doesn't look "striking" but she doesn't look average either. She looks very unique.

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #58
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 36,100
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Marvel announced her as being in the movie. That's official. She's in the movie in some capacity likely as flashbacks.

I doubt she will play old Peggy even though Peggy is still alive.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:12 PM   #59
The Infernal
Life's End Boss
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,740
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Did you not just read the press release?
Not really. I read the responses that said Sharon Carter was announced. lol

In retrospect I probably should have taken the time to read through that.

__________________
Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #60
DN91
Legendary Outlaw
 
DN91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 758
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
They both have squarish jawlines, they both have distinctive brown eyes, their lips are somewhat similar, their eyebrows. Emily looks more like Hayley Atwell than anyone else who was up for the role.
This is probably the best way to do the whole Sharon/Peggy thing without having Atwell play both roles: Just get someone that closely resembles her.

DN91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #61
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,956
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
They both have squarish jawlines, they both have distinctive brown eyes, their lips are somewhat similar, their eyebrows. Emily looks more like Hayley Atwell than anyone else who was up for the role.
I really don't see it. They have somewhat similar jawlines but they still look like two completely different people with no relation whatsoever.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #62
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 21,440
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
Why do people say Van Camp looks average? She doesn't look "striking" but she doesn't look average either. She looks very unique.
Who says that? I don't hear anyone around here saying that.

She's very pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN91 View Post
This is probably the best way to do the whole Sharon/Peggy thing without having Atwell play both roles: Just get someone that closely resembles her.
Eh, I don't know that she resembles Atwell at all. She's probably closer to someone like Maria Sharapova than Hayley.

And why should someone's niece or even grandniece really resemble their aunt/ great aunt, especially when there have been all these other people introduced into the lineage?

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #63
The Infernal
Life's End Boss
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,740
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Who says that? I don't hear anyone around here saying that.

She's very pretty.
I can't help but think of a certain site. I don't even need to go there to know there will be posters posting crap like that. Some people just seem to say that for 90% of female comic book casting.

I agree, she is very pretty.

__________________
Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #64
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,799
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I really don't see it. They have somewhat similar jawlines but they still look like two completely different people with no relation whatsoever.
I just don't see how you can say that. They have enough similar features to be believably related and it's obvious that's what Marvel was going for. What more do you need to be able to see a resemblance? Hayley Atwell to play Sharon herself?

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #65
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,956
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

They look completely different bro. A jawline and eye color do not make them look similar. Their eyes are completely different, complexion completely different, nose completely different, hair color completely different, cheeks completely different...they're completely different.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #66
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,799
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Who says that? I don't hear anyone around here saying that.

She's very pretty.
These guys:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
She's very average to me. Hopefully her performance brings more to the table.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
+1


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Eh, I don't know that she resembles Atwell at all. She's probably closer to someone like Maria Sharapova than Hayley.
We're not saying Emily Van Camp looks just like Hayley Atwell. We're saying they could be believably related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
And why should someone's niece or even grandniece really resemble their aunt/ great aunt, especially when there have been all these other people introduced into the lineage?
For story purposes.

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #67
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,799
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
They look completely different bro. A jawline and eye color do not make them look similar. Their eyes are completely different, complexion completely different, nose completely different, hair color completely different, cheeks completely different...they're completely different.
Weren't you against the whole idea of Sharon and Peggy looking alike in the first place?

The fact of the matter is Emily looks more like Hayley than I do with my family. They're not supposed to look identical, even though it's that way in the comics, but are you honestly going to sit here and tell me they look "completely different?"

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #68
The Infernal
Life's End Boss
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,740
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

I've got to admit. I don't see a resemblance myself. I have to wonder how JB's seeing it considering he's adamant they look virtually alike.

__________________
Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #69
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Moderator
 
flickchick85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,448
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

I truly don't see any resemblance whatsoever, but I also don't care. I don't think they need to look alike since they're not mother/daughter or sisters or any immediate relation.

__________________
4.19.14
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #70
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,799
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I've got to admit. I don't see a resemblance myself. I have to wonder how JB's seeing it considering he's adamant they look virtually alike.
*sigh*

I said they could be believably related. I never said they look "virtually alike." Before she was mentioned at all I actually wanted Imogen Poots to play Sharon even though she looks nothing like Hayley, but when Van Camp got the role I instantly noticed a resemblance.

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #71
The Infernal
Life's End Boss
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,740
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

True. It's hardly a concern (in reply to Flickchick, I meant).


Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
*sigh*

I said they could be believably related. I never said they look "virtually alike." Before she was mentioned at all I actually wanted Imogen Poots to play Sharon even though she looks nothing like Hayley, but when Van Camp got the role I instantly noticed a resemblance.
No, but that's the impression you give with saying they look more alike than you do with your own relatives and seemingly scoffing at Mr. Dent saying he saw no resemblance. I'm just saying I'd like hear your thinking on how they look alike since some of us are struggling to find any resemblance.

__________________
Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.

Last edited by The Infernal; 04-08-2013 at 04:09 PM.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #72
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings
 
JB-the-Hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,799
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
No, but that's the impression you give with saying they look more alike than you do with your own relatives and seemingly scoffing at Mr. Dent saying he saw no resemblance.
I said that because it's the truth. Hayley and Emily look more alike to me than I do with my family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I'm just saying I'd like hear your thinking on how they look alike since some of us are struggling to find any resemblance.
There's no "thinking" involved. It's just something I see. I don't necessarily "want" to see it that way, it happened instantaneously with when I first saw her picture. I'm not the only one who sees it just as you're not the only one who doesn't.

__________________
Natasha Romanoff - "Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats."

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #73
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 21,440
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

If Emily VanCamp and Hayley Atwell look related, then couldn't Scarlett Johansson and Hayley Atwell look related? Or really any of the other Marvel females? Natalie Portman, Kat Dennings, etc.

Look at Kat, for example:



She looks more like Hayley Atwell than Emily does, especially in the boob deparment.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #74
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!
 
Stringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: West Side-Copy Shop
Posts: 6,245
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

She's average compared to the usual types of actresses they get for this role. I figured that went without saying. She's obviously an attractive woman.

__________________
"When you come at the King you best not miss"- Omar Little

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Stringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:24 PM   #75
The Infernal
Life's End Boss
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,740
Default Re: Love Interest for Captain America II - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
I said that because it's the truth. Hayley and Emily look more alike to me than I do with my family.
A subjective truth from your point of view. That's hardly fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
There's no "thinking" involved. It's just something I see. I don't necessarily "want" to see it that way, it happened instantaneously with when I first saw her picture. I'm not the only one who sees it just as you're not the only one who doesn't.
It's possible you could be seeing it because that's what you want to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
She looks more like Hayley Atwell than Emily does, especially in the boob deparment.
Oh that's where I went wrong. I should have looked there instead.

__________________
Lady Luck is smiling at me. She knows something I don't.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.