The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Old 04-08-2013, 06:37 AM   #201
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
You're not understanding what I'm talking about. Marvel and Sony have had a 50-50 joint venture in Spider-Man merchandising since Sony purchased the rights back in 1999. What Disney did was simplify the relationship by purchasing the full merchandising rights for the character from Sony in exchange for their participation in the films...in other words Disney has absolutely no say in what goes on in Spider-Man films, unlike what some people think is going on right now. The most they can do is probably use certain things from the Sony films in their own due to the purchase of the merchandising rights which probably simplified what exactly Disney is allowed to use in their films...there's likely nothing else besides that.
I heard somewhere that Marvel studio looks into the movies to ensure that the character isnt bastardised too much or something

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:18 AM   #202
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
Do people really think that Spider-Man is going to reboot again in 2 films?
i don't think there will be another reboot after these 3 films, casual audiences really would be sick and tired of another reboot, infact this one got enough critical attacks for it

i think they will try and drag this amazing spiderman franchise out for as long as possible and recast if they have too and maybe possibly do it in loose continuity

whats interesting is the prison that webbs added to the new film so the villians can go to prison instead of being killed off, and that would keep these characters available for future movies

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 04-08-2013 at 09:21 AM.
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #203
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
I heard somewhere that Marvel studio looks into the movies to ensure that the character isnt bastardised too much or something
Maybe they do, or did, but either way they have very little say in what Sony does with them anymore, officially. That said, there are obviously Marvel people involved in the production as a formality and, you know, because they know what thy're doing.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #204
Mr.M
Side-Kick

When Webb said "think bigger", I think he was referring to Sinister Six setup in part 3 or beyond. I don't think they will be able to squeeze that story into this trilogy though. I also think Spidey would need some help. Black Cat for sure. Whoelse could lend a hand? I think he'd need some assistance from SHIELD or some other character. Maybe an anti-hero like Lizard or even Venom could play a hand, although that seems a bit of a stretch. So while I still think this trilogy will be self-contained, any movies beyond this would drastically need to scale things up. Assuming its Goblin and Ock in part 3, or just Goblin, I don't think you can top that in terms of an A-list villain. Maybe redo the Venom saga should they make a fourth installment, but I think Sinister Six is most likely. As unlikely as it is, imagine ASM3 kick starting Marvel PIII. Right now I don't think Marvel has an anchor hero to carry PIII. Assuming IM4 is postponed, and lukewarm receptions for Cap/Thor 2, Marvel could be starved for a PIII hit. Either that, or use Spidey to anchor a PIV, because Sony will be running out of ideas by then.

Mr.M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #205
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Only the Marvel Studios 'homegrown' films are counted as part of the company's 'phases'.

DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #206
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
I personally think that this series will get 4 films minimum and if it's supposed to be a Spidey "universe" I could see 8-10 films (or even more).

Cover the Sinister Six, cover a Venom side film, possibly even a Black Cat side film (or have Harry become a hero in the New Goblin). Have a Spider-Man franchise that covers Spidey's career, and end with him either dying or hanging up the suit and retiring after making precautions to keep the city safe.
Quitterman 2.0? Personally, no thanks, Sony.

Shikamaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #207
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I thought TDKR had a great ending. Though I've no wish to see Spider-man needlessly retread that.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #208
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Peter will also lock himself in his room and won't leave May's house for 8 years after Gwen dies .

That would anger me but make me laugh simultaneously .

Last edited by Shikamaru; 04-08-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Shikamaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #209
Juicy J
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
From my understanding, Marvel's only power is that they have the final word on a script. They can either yay or nay it, and that's it as far as I last heard.
Not sure if that has changed since Disney's merchandising deal or whatever.

Juicy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:19 PM   #210
DaltonSpidey94
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerPeters View Post
Not at all! I think Spider-Man is the greatest super hero of all time. He is so great, because he is all of us. He is a poor kid, he is unexceptional in every way, and that makes him amazing. His real super power is his character, and his strength of will. He is beaten, tattered, and torn apart. Everything he loves is destroyed and everyone turns their backs on him. His power is staying resolute.

Peter Parker isn't rich, he isn't super handsome, he isn't even popular. But he has been given the chance to change the world, and he sacrifices everything he has to give everyone else, the people that kicked him, spat on him, cursed his name, he gives them a chance. He saves them though they would more likely than not, let him die. He is the Jesus Christ of comics, and when you put him with the avengers, when you put him in a high tech jet, when you give him a lab with unlimited resources, he sort of loses his charm. He just becomes another Avenger.

Spider-Man is our personal Jesus, he is all of us.
One of the best posts I've ever seen on this site!

DaltonSpidey94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #211
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Colm Feore was King Laufey in Thor and now he is in this spidey movie,could he be playing the same character in this movie?

Cast Joe Manganiello for Kraven the Hunter!
GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #212
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
Colm Feore was King Laufey in Thor and now he is in this spidey movie,could he be playing the same character in this movie?
Lol, absolutely not..........

GRangerPrimeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #213
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Not unless he cameos as a pile of ashes in Aunt May's dustbuster.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:31 AM   #214
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Quote:
Not at all! I think Spider-Man is the greatest super hero of all time. He is so great, because he is all of us. He is a poor kid, he is unexceptional in every way, and that makes him amazing. His real super power is his character, and his strength of will. He is beaten, tattered, and torn apart. Everything he loves is destroyed and everyone turns their backs on him. His power is staying resolute.

Peter Parker isn't rich, he isn't super handsome, he isn't even popular. But he has been given the chance to change the world, and he sacrifices everything he has to give everyone else, the people that kicked him, spat on him, cursed his name, he gives them a chance. He saves them though they would more likely than not, let him die. He is the Jesus Christ of comics, and when you put him with the avengers, when you put him in a high tech jet, when you give him a lab with unlimited resources, he sort of loses his charm. He just becomes another Avenger.

Edit:I wil put this as my sig just because I like this post.

Last edited by spider_shadow; 04-21-2013 at 02:53 PM.
spider_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #215
JOE

Dat post.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #216
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

its really difficult to say if this will be part of the MCU, seems there are little hints all over the place but a few things that are almost contradictions

with the avengers making the big bucks it would almost seem beneficial for sony to connect spidey to the MCU, but maybe there is a reason sony wouldn't wanna connect spidey with the avengers

i'm guessing iron man 3 will do incredibly well at the box office

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 04-21-2013 at 10:16 AM.
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #217
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Quote:

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #218
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
Those are pretty manly of tears.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:52 PM   #219
iGiFF
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
its really difficult to say if this will be part of the MCU, seems there are little hints all over the place but a few things that are almost contradictions

with the avengers making the big bucks it would almost seem beneficial for sony to connect spidey to the MCU, but maybe there is a reason sony wouldn't wanna connect spidey with the avengers

i'm guessing iron man 3 will do incredibly well at the box office
I think Sony wants Spider-Man to connect to the MCU/Avengers through little bits and pieces, rather then him having importance in the films. That way they can continue doing whatever they want with the character while still having it intersect with the larger Marvel Cinematic Universe... people can argue that this would be pointless, but it's better then nothing. Marvel might as well settle with Easter eggs.

iGiFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #220
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

So we got this news today about the motorcycle, but that was debunked.

http://io9.com/stark-industries-moto...spid-483774887

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

But how about this?
Oscorp Tower appears in this piece of promotional material for the Lego Iron Man 3 kits.

That's undoubtedly the Oscorp Tower.

Last edited by GRangerPrimeNYC; 04-27-2013 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:47 PM   #221
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I don't think that's even New York in the background.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #222
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

That's what I thought too, since NYC isn't even remotely in IM3. Seems like just a random add in.

I got a Lego poster for The Avengers back in opening weekend, looks like they're doing it for IM3 too.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:11 PM   #223
sweenbean176
New User - Level 0

I think that if Webb's Spider-Man were ever to be included in the MCU, there would be little to no reference to the events in The Avengers. At most, I could see Tony Stark passing by Peter, sizing him up, and saying, "Where were ya the last time the world went to hell?" or something to that effect. Almost as if Marvel is acknowledging that the audience would have to look past the technicalities, and just be happy that a crossover was able to happen. I personally think it would be awesome to see Spidey fight alongside The Avengers.

I feel like Sony would be open to the idea, simply because of the money. So what are they waiting for?

sweenbean176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:10 PM   #224
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle

TASM took place after the Avengers (presumably).

The fan-timeline places The Avengers in 2011 after putting various dates together. TASM takes place in Fall 2012.

Emerald Eagle
Position:Head Assistant Researcher
Department(s):Nano-tech, Cross-Species Genetics

Why Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man isn't a 'dick' or a 'brooding loner'.
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #225
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I think TASM can fit very well in MCU unlike with the X-Men film series. The first TASM film was just released last year, its still very new, the Spider-Man we are seeing right now in film doesn't have much history, so I don't think it will be a problem if we see him in Avengers 2.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote