The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: DOFP Worldwide prediction
+ $300 million 7 5.07%
+ $400 5 3.62%
+ $500 23 16.67%
+ $600 32 23.19%
+ $700 38 27.54%
+ $800 16 11.59%
+ $900 10 7.25%
+ 1 Billion 5 3.62%
1,100 - 1,250 1 0.72%
1,250 -1,500 0 0%
+ 1,500 1 0.72%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #101
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
It's not a bold statement at all. I'm speaking about how I think audiences--including the fanboy community--feel NOW.
Actually, no, you are talking about how audiences felt then--not now. Otherwise, your argument doesn't make sense. You're claiming Wolverine fatigue is the main reason for X-Men Origins' poor performance relative to that of Captain America. I don't think that's the case. I think there are a lot of reasons why X-Men Origins performed poorly, but it wasn't because audiences were tired of Jackman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Do you sense overall hype and excitement about Wolverine--which is dropping THIS SUMMER? I don't. The trailer seems to have done little to ignite the base, BMM.
Right, and I can buy that more in Spring 2013, post X-Men Origins, than in Spring 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
You're entitled.



I was actually being entirely facetious about that latter part of my post. If Joss Whedon gives us more of this...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m71qxng9re1r33niz.gif

...he will get at least 10 showings worth of tickets from me.


Last edited by BMM; 04-08-2013 at 10:44 PM.
BMM is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #102
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,355
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
I don't think it meant that they were burned out on him. His solo movie was never going to do as well as a team X-Men movie. It opened to a very good $85M (which translates to approx. ~$110M now). You can't say that people were sick of Wolverine based on those numbers. It was the quick decline that was the problem, but that is the result of bad word-of-mouth and an overall bad movie. That opening blows Cap out of the water. And as psylockecolossus mentioned, you factor in inflation, and XMO:W made quite a bit more than Cap.
These people can say what they want about the box-office performances of these x-Men films. But based on the marketing strategies of FOX and the critical response of X3/XOW, they still earned good money.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #103
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,452
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Actually, no, you are talking about how audiences felt then--not now. Otherwise, your argument doesn't make sense. You're claiming Wolverine fatigue is the main reason for X-Men Origins' poor performance relative to that of Captain America. I don't think that's the case. I think there are a lot of reasons why X-Men Origins performed poorly, but it wasn't because audiences were tired of Jackman.
The original context of the conversation is about the future Wolverine film and how it will impact DoFP. I do believe that audiences are fatigued on the character NOW due to overexposure from the first solo film and the subsequent appearances everywhere else--plus the trilogy domination. And yes, I do believe that audiences were turned off on him during XOW's initial run--which is partly demonstrated by its lack of legs in theaters. I've never felt overexposure was the only reason for its under performance (it was a genuinely bad film), but by the same token, I know a lot of people who did not check it out because he wasn't "with" the X-Men. He performs best when with his ensemble.

__________________
You're obviously a idiotic troll looking for attention.
Now please...go to the top of the highest staircase you can find, and just fall.
Don't question it...it's for your own good.
Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.


Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #104
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
The original context of the conversation is about the future Wolverine film and how it will impact DoFP. I do believe that audiences are fatigued on the character NOW due to overexposure from the first solo film and the subsequent appearances everywhere else--plus the trilogy domination. And yes, I do believe that audiences were turned off on him during XOW's initial run--which is partly demonstrated by its lack of legs in theaters. I've never felt overexposure was the only reason for its under performance (it was a genuinely bad film), but by the same token, I know a lot of people who did not check it out because he wasn't "with" the X-Men. He performs best when with his ensemble.
I'm sure some of that may be very true. Still, unless they absolutely over-do it with Jackman's Wolverine, which I'm hopeful they won't, I don't think his presence is going to have too much a negative impact on Days of Future Past.


Last edited by BMM; 04-08-2013 at 10:52 PM.
BMM is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #105
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,452
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
I'm sure some of that may be very true. Still, unless they absolutely over-do it with Jackman's Wolverine, which I'm hopeful they won't, I don't think his presence is going to have too much a negative impact on Days of Future Past.
I don't think anything that has happened with X3, FC, XOW or the next Wolverine film will have an impact on DoFP. It's an entirely different animal. Or at least it should be, if FOX handles it right.

However, if the trailers, posters, marketing resembles any of the patterns we've been seeing from the studio thus far for Wolverine and FC, we are gonna be effed up.

__________________
You're obviously a idiotic troll looking for attention.
Now please...go to the top of the highest staircase you can find, and just fall.
Don't question it...it's for your own good.
Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.


Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #106
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,956
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
If Captain America couldn't even outgross Origins: Wolverine, I don't think Guardians of the Galaxy could even outgross Days of Future Past. Guardians of the Galaxy is like a D-List comic book property and it doesn't even have a Robert Downey Jr playing the lead character of the movie. It might not flop because its part of MCU but I don't see it as a big success that it would gross higher than Days of Future Past. And besides the Iron Man films/The Avengers, none of MCU's films crossed the $500 million mark.
Oh please. The letter list of the comic has absolutely no baring on this. Iron Man and Thor were barely C-List characters before their movies came out. Furthermore, the new Guardians comic just outsold Justice League, Batman, X-Men, and Spider-Man on the first issue, it's not D-List anymore, ala Disney/Marvel marketing. RDJ is hardly an argument to use here. No one thought he was right for the part when he was first cast, then we saw his performance and now he's this god who can't be replaced. For all we know Chris Pratt will deliver a similar performance. And please don't use no MCU movie grossing more than $500m other than IM and Avengers, because no X-Men movie has grossed over $460m period. And you scoff at only IM and Avengers grossing more than $500m like Avengers doesn't have wide spread consequences on all the MCU movies. $1.5 billion. Third highest grossing movie in history. Literally the entire first world was talking about it. A social phenomena we haven't seen since at least The Dark Knight. You're underestimating just what the Avengers/MCU brand is now.

Let's put it this way: the chances of GotG grossing less than $400m are very unlikely unless it's total crap. Like I said, MCU movies are like Pixar movies now. GotG is possibly getting a pimping from IM3, which has the potential to be a billion dollar film and reach several tens of millions of people, will be riding high off of Avengers/MCU branding, and will also have the extra boost of Disney marketing and merchandising...DOFP has absolutely none of this. It's hanging completely on the brand of X-Men, which again, has had no film gross more than $460m, hasn't had an event film in 7 years, and hasn't had a film that created any amount of wide spread positive buzz and excitement in nearly 12 years.

Again, you can't compare these X-Men films to any of the MCU films...they're on completely different levels right now. DOFP is not in nearly the comfortable situation GotG is in...it just isn't. Am I saying DOFP is going to bomb or not do very well? No, I'm not, I even believe there's a good chance DOFP can get $600m if done right. However, it is not a given that DOFP is set on a pedestal and is destined to do better than GotG, not even close.

And I saw you mention John Carter...please do not compare that to this. This will actually be what it was marketed as, a space adventure. John Carter was not.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #107
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,355
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

I'm calling it now, Days of Future Past will outgross Guardians of the Galaxy. And Guardians of the Galaxy will be "The Incredible Hulk" of MCU's phase 2 - box-office wise. And Days of Future Past will be the highest grossing film in the X-Men series.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #108
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick
 
EnDz0n3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,171
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Just some general observations from this thread:

Where is this supposed Wolverine/Hugh Jackman fatigue coming from?

It's painful for me, as a Marvel fan that we are pitting these franchises against each other...can't we make fun of DC instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
You can't compare the two. They can afford to feature them in the next film because unlike Wolverine, Captain America is a proven, bankable solo franchise. He didn't need "The Cameo Crutch" to take a stand on his own like XOW did. Neither did Thor or Iron Man in their debuts. Besides, it's unlikely that Black Widow and Nick Fury will get solo films, but they are part of Cap's world now so it's totally sensible that they make appearances post-Avengers.

But Cap doesn't need them. His next film will sell like gangbusters just off the star power of Chris Evans and his amazing, twitching Gluteous Maximus.

Wolverine needs all of these other poeple.
I'm with BMM, this entire post did not make sense at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I'm calling it now, Days of Future Past will outgross Guardians of the Galaxy. And Guardians of the Galaxy will be "The Incredible Hulk" of MCU's phase 2 - box-office wise. And Days of Future Past will be the highest grossing film in the X-Men series.
Agreed.

EnDz0n3 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #109
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,956
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I'm calling it now, Days of Future Past will outgross Guardians of the Galaxy. And Guardians of the Galaxy will be "The Incredible Hulk" of MCU's phase 2 - box-office wise. And Days of Future Past will be the highest grossing film in the X-Men series.
Well ****ing duh it will be with inflation and 3D. However, bookmarking this for that GotG comment.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #110
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,355
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

For me, its pretty obvious which comic-books films in 2014 will make more money. Last year, I knew The Avengers was gonna earn money than The Dark knight Rises (I couldn't believe when Box Office Mojo predicted that TDKR would earn money than the Avengers). And I also knew the Amazing Spider-Man wasn't gonna earn more money than the original trilogy.

Days of Future Past has a big advantage not just because its already the 7th film in the series but it is the 1st cross-over movie in the series and will feature the return of the original cast and it will also feature giant robots!!!. The 3D release is just the icing on the cake.

With Guardians of the Galaxy, it has a TV actor playing the lead role - totally not comparable to Robert Downey Jr. Its completely unknown to the general public. The director of the film is not even well-known. Plus the August release date is not gonna make it a big blockbuster movie. The only thing that is going on for the movie is its part of MCU.

Then with Captain America 2, its gonna perform like the average spring movie. Even if it performs like Fast Five, its not enough to outgross DOFP. I just don't see GOTG and Cap 2 outgrossing DOFP. Maybe in domestic box-office they could, but worldwide, I don't think so.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 04-08-2013 at 11:24 PM.
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #111
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,911
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

GOTG will make more then more the TIH's 260 mil WW just like a post Avengers Hulk film would. GOTG is the last Marvel film before Avengers 2. MArvel will make sure everyone knows its connected in the same universe....and people will show.

That said DOFP will gross more....I think.


Last edited by def28; 04-08-2013 at 11:22 PM.
def28 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #112
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,452
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
I'm with BMM, this entire post did not make sense at all.
No. You're not "with BMM". He/she simply said they don't agree with my post. In contrast, you're saying it doesn't make any sense, which means you're having difficulty understanding it.

Those are two entirely different things.

And yes, I just took a low, below-the-balls opportunity to zing you. Why? Because I can.

__________________
You're obviously a idiotic troll looking for attention.
Now please...go to the top of the highest staircase you can find, and just fall.
Don't question it...it's for your own good.
Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.


Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #113
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
I don't think anything that has happened with X3, FC, XOW or the next Wolverine film will have an impact on DoFP. It's an entirely different animal. Or at least it should be, if FOX handles it right.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
However, if the trailers, posters, marketing resembles any of the patterns we've been seeing from the studio thus far for Wolverine and FC, we are gonna be effed up.
Barring poor posters (please, let there be none), I don't think the marketing will be similar. Singer is already doing a much better job of drumming up early buzz for the movie. Every celebrity and movie based website is talking about the returning cast members. Even Leno asked Halle Berry about her involvement on the Tonight Show, and we know there is most likely going to be a panel at Comic-Con. Plus, cast members, like Lawrence and McKellen, are sure to further highlight the movie throughout the rest of the year with the release of the Hunger Games and Hobbit sequels. Not too long after that, the real advertising should start, and I can't see Fox not taking advantage of such a big and well known cast.


Last edited by BMM; 04-08-2013 at 11:47 PM.
BMM is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #114
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,355
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
GOTG will make more then 260 mil WW just like a post Avengers Hulk film would. GOTG is the last Marvel film before Avengers 2. MArvel will make sure everyone knows its connected in the same universe....and people will show.
I'm sure they would but the Avengers' trailer showing up at the end of Cap America 1 didn't help the movie to outgross Originsy.

so I just don't see how Guardians of the Galaxy could outgross Days of Future Past just because its part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Even if it turned out to be a good movie, its not gonna be enough.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #115
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,911
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I'm sure they would but the Avengers' trailer showing up at the end of Cap America 1 didn't help the movie to outgross Originsy.

so I just don't see how Guardians of the Galaxy could outgross Days of Future Past just because its part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Even if it turned out to be a good movie, its not gonna be enough.
Cap was still pre Avengers. Trailers dont dent box office especially in the days of youtube. All Marvel films will get a huge boost being set post Avengers. That widened all the Marvel films audience. Even my Grandparents were asking about Thanos haha. We should get a better idea on how much of an impact it had when Thor and Cap 2 get released.

def28 is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #116
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,355
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Oh please. The letter list of the comic has absolutely no baring on this. Iron Man and Thor were barely C-List characters before their movies came out. Furthermore, the new Guardians comic just outsold Justice League, Batman, X-Men, and Spider-Man on the first issue, it's not D-List anymore, ala Disney/Marvel marketing. RDJ is hardly an argument to use here. No one thought he was right for the part when he was first cast, then we saw his performance and now he's this god who can't be replaced. For all we know Chris Pratt will deliver a similar performance. And please don't use no MCU movie grossing more than $500m other than IM and Avengers, because no X-Men movie has grossed over $460m period. And you scoff at only IM and Avengers grossing more than $500m like Avengers doesn't have wide spread consequences on all the MCU movies. $1.5 billion. Third highest grossing movie in history. Literally the entire first world was talking about it. A social phenomena we haven't seen since at least The Dark Knight. You're underestimating just what the Avengers/MCU brand is now.

Let's put it this way: the chances of GotG grossing less than $400m are very unlikely unless it's total crap. Like I said, MCU movies are like Pixar movies now. GotG is possibly getting a pimping from IM3, which has the potential to be a billion dollar film and reach several tens of millions of people, will be riding high off of Avengers/MCU branding, and will also have the extra boost of Disney marketing and merchandising...DOFP has absolutely none of this. It's hanging completely on the brand of X-Men, which again, has had no film gross more than $460m, hasn't had an event film in 7 years, and hasn't had a film that created any amount of wide spread positive buzz and excitement in nearly 12 years.

Again, you can't compare these X-Men films to any of the MCU films...they're on completely different levels right now. DOFP is not in nearly the comfortable situation GotG is in...it just isn't. Am I saying DOFP is going to bomb or not do very well? No, I'm not, I even believe there's a good chance DOFP can get $600m if done right. However, it is not a given that DOFP is set on a pedestal and is destined to do better than GotG, not even close.

And I saw you mention John Carter...please do not compare that to this. This will actually be what it was marketed as, a space adventure. John Carter was not.
LOL the success of the Avengers will not have a big impact on Guardians of the Galaxy. Maybe if the Guardians appeared in the 1st Avengers movie, it would but no, they didn't. No need to mention that The Avengers is the third highest grossing in history because thats just funny. And LOL @ the thought of guardians of the Galaxy's potential to be a billion dollar film! You have too much faith in Marvel Studios, but I'm telling you right now, sometime in this decade, people will get tired of their films and Marvel would go back to releasing 1 movie a year. MCU already reached its peak with the Avengers. X-Men has yet to reach its peak which is more exciting!

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 04-08-2013 at 11:37 PM.
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #117
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,956
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I'm sure they would but the Avengers' trailer showing up at the end of Cap America 1 didn't help the movie to outgross Originsy.

so I just don't see how Guardians of the Galaxy could outgross Days of Future Past just because its part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Even if it turned out to be a good movie, its not gonna be enough.
I don't know...why is IM3 going to gross $800m+ or Thor $600m+ or Cap $500m+? Avengers+Disney marketing and merchandise = deadly combo. Pixar films don't generally use a bunch of big name actors and directors to draw people and their movies still always gross $500m+ consistently. Why is that? Because of everything I mentioned above. It's about the brand, which is a staple of consistent quality and family fun, and the Disney marketing and merchandise.

You just can't throw that away and claim just because Gunn is not a popular director and Pratt is a TV actor that the film won't perform. Hemsworth was completely unknown before Thor, and Evans was hardly a big name. And it doesn't matter if RDJ was a movie actor before hand, he had a bad rep. No one thought he would do well or attract a crowd with his name.

DOFP being the 7th movie is not necessarily a good thing, especially when 2 of those films are considered to be absolute trash. Either way, GotG is the 10th MCU movie, and people will know this. So that point is moot.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 04-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #118
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,355
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I don't know...why is IM3 going to gross $800m+ or Thor $600m+ or Cap $500m+? Avengers+Disney marketing and merchandise = deadly combo. Pixar films don't generally use a bunch of big name actors and directors to draw people and they still always come and their movies gross $500m+ consistently. Why is that? Because of everything I mentioned above. It's about the brand, which is a staple of consistent quality and family fun, and the Disney marketing and merchandise.

You just can't throw that away and claim just because Gunn is not a popular director and Pratt is a TV actor that the film won't perform. Hemsworth was completely unknown before Thor, and Evans was hardly a big name. And it doesn't matter if RDJ was a movie actor before hand, he had a bad rep. No one thought he would do well or attract a crowd with his name.

DOFP being the 7th movie is not necessarily a good thing, especially when 2 of those films are considered to be absolute trash. Either way, GotG is the 10th MCU movie, and people will know this. So that point is moot.
Pixar and MCU are totally different and its funny that you keep comparing those two. And yes Pratt being a tv actor isn't gonna help Guardians of the Galaxy be a smash hit like Iron Man. Hemsworth/Evans aren't as huge as Robert Downey Jr so I wasn't surprised that none of their solo films performed like the 1st Iron Man movie. Those movies had to rely on being a good movie and being part of MCU.

And despite X3/Origins being considered 'absolute trash' by internet critic Mr. Dent, those films made money and GOTG will be lucky to outgross those films. And FYI, I'm gonna say this again, but not all people hated x3/origins. Go to Rotten Tomatoes and those movies has a fresh score when it comes to user ratings. The general public didn't really hate those movies. Its just the people in the internet and fanboys.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 04-08-2013 at 11:49 PM.
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 12:37 AM   #119
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick
 
EnDz0n3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,171
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
No. You're not "with BMM". He/she simply said they don't agree with my post. In contrast, you're saying it doesn't make any sense, which means you're having difficulty understanding it.

Those are two entirely different things.

And yes, I just took a low, below-the-balls opportunity to zing you. Why? Because I can.
I beg to differ.

From how I read it, he disagrees with every single one of your points because you were not making any sense. Well except for Chris Evans' Gluteus Maximus (not spelled Gluteous Maximus if you are gonna try to sound smart then maybe google it first!), which quite frankly you'd be hard-pressed (wink, wink) to find anyone who'll disagree with you on that).

psylockolossus was making a very good point that Captain America with his success on his first outing, still needs the support of Widow and Fury (and SHIELD, and Falcon and Winter Soldier, etc) for his second solo film. Heck even one of the "champions" of Marvel on this thread pretty much said that CA:WS is akin to Avengers 2 with all the cameos. So why is that a supposed win for the good Captain but a stain on Wolverine's credibility? Your bias is simply showing.

Had The Wolverine not made any connection to the previous movies these same people would complain all the same. Damn if you do, damn if you don't...Simply because it's Hugh Jackman Fox One will never know

EnDz0n3 is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #120
Zarex
Side-Kick
 
Zarex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,740
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
MCU already reached its peak with the Avengers. X-Men has yet to reach its peak which is more exciting!
The MCU will reach its peak when Avengers 3 is released in 2018. X-Men reached its peak in 2006.

Zarex is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 12:55 AM   #121
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay
 
Lightning Strykez!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where Mortals Fear To Tread
Posts: 31,452
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
I beg to differ.

From how I read it, he disagrees with every single one of your points because you were not making any sense. Well except for Chris Evans' Gluteus Maximus (not spelled Gluteous Maximus if you are gonna try to sound smart then maybe google it first!), which quite frankly you'd be hard-pressed (wink, wink) to find anyone who'll disagree with you on that).

psylockolossus was making a very good point that Captain America with his success on his first outing, still needs the support of Widow and Fury (and SHIELD, and Falcon and Winter Soldier, etc) for his second solo film. Heck even one of the "champions" of Marvel on this thread pretty much said that CA:WS is akin to Avengers 2 with all the cameos. So why is that a supposed win for the good Captain but a stain on Wolverine's credibility? Your bias is simply showing.

Had The Wolverine not made any connection to the previous movies these same people would complain all the same. Damn if you do, damn if you don't...Simply because it's Hugh Jackman Fox One will never know
You, my highly favored Hype friend, are wrong. However, fortunately for you it's almost 1 AM here and I'm entirely too tired to explain to you why you're wrong. Or to even share with you the sheer value, gravity and beauty of Chris Evan's Gluteous Maximus--and the precious reasons those round mounds of pounds we call his Gluteous deserve a special "o" of its own! So consider yourself lucky and hereby saved from obliteration.

'Night. xoxo

__________________
You're obviously a idiotic troll looking for attention.
Now please...go to the top of the highest staircase you can find, and just fall.
Don't question it...it's for your own good.
Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.



Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 04-09-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Lightning Strykez! is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 02:13 AM   #122
JP
Smelly
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 53,618
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Such feisty attitudes in all the current threads... What's going on?

JP is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 03:32 AM   #123
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,355
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
X-Men reached its peak in 2006.
Yes it did. And its a given that this X-Men movie series won't reach a new peak by focusing and releasing spin-off/prequel movies such as Origins, First Class and The Wolverine.

But X-Men will reach its new peak once Days of Future Past aka X-Men 4 opens in theaters worldwide! Its a direct continuation to X-Men 3 and like I said before, the original cast really appeals to the general public, so X-Men is back!

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 04-09-2013 at 03:38 AM.
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 05:39 AM   #124
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,168
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I see some fans are treating this movie as a normal x-men sequel, and the fact is in fact It Isnt.

Its an event movie, combining actors from both series, including the return of original actors after all these years. That will have an impact, even if some fans dont think so. Not to mention the long awaited Sentinels and 3D.
Well, they'll have to work on convincing the public and press that this is not another X-Men movie. Because in the articles I've seen it's still referred to as the follow-up to First Class a lot - I suspect because it's the latest X-Men movie that's freshest in press people's minds. Other than this forum and quotes from filmmakers, I've seen very little of the "huge event movie" speak in the coverage so far, despite the presence of the original actors.

Plus, "both series" is a bit of a stretch IMO. First Class was a prequel which was mostly about the young characters from the original series - who look to be the only ones to be in DoFP. It's not like they're combining two completely different series about completely different characters.

Mrs Vimes is offline  
Old 04-09-2013, 06:24 AM   #125
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,355
Default Re: 'Days Of Future Past' BOX-OFFICE worldwide prediction

Yeah I don't think the "First class series" exist yet until they make a 2nd film with just the cast of First Class. But I think DOFP will considered as X-Men 4 by a lot of people if the original trilogy has a big presence in the movie and has a bigger presence than the cast of First Class.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | JEAN GREY | PORTRAYED BY FAMKE JANNSEN
"All kind of things." - X1
"This is the only way" - X2
"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.