The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

View Poll Results: Biggest disappointment?
Fantastic Four 3 1.68%
HULK 6 3.35%
X3: The Last Stand 22 12.29%
Spider-Man 3 39 21.79%
The Dark Knight Rises 31 17.32%
Batman and Robin 14 7.82%
Captain America: The First Avenger 3 1.68%
Iron Man 2 4 2.23%
Green Lantern 21 11.73%
Superman Returns 19 10.61%
Other 17 9.50%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2013, 02:32 AM   #76
Project862006
Banned User

Default Re: Most disappointing comic-book movie

x3 by far how can majority be picking tdkr is beyond me that film like like a 89 % on RT

X3 had the freaking dark phoenix saga for god sakes

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:35 AM   #77
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I don't think I've been as let down as I was with Superman Returns. I'd waited so long to see a modern Superman film and we just didn't get that. The film was OK but a Superman film should be amazing, this wasn't that!

Green Lantern let me down aswell, I love GL and I actually felt that a GL film had the potential to be the best of all CBMs and what we got instead was just a standard popcorn movie. Again Iiked it but I wanted to love it.

Other than those nothings ever really let me down I mean I wasn't entirely happy with the Dark Knight Rises but it was still a quality film. Spider-man 3 and X-Men 3 I wasn't too bothered cause we'd had two decent movies before those so I didn't really feel disapointed. So just the two I've mentioned really.

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #78
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Green Lantern for me. All of the other films I either liked (Cap and SR) or I could see being bad way before it was even in production (X3, B&R).

But Green Lantern should have been awesome. And it ended up just plain painful to watch.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #79
OutRiddled
Banned User

The Dark Knight Rises. I couldn't believe that it was even worse than The Dark Knight.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #80
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Well if you hate TDK, then no wonder you thought TDKR was bad.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:01 AM   #81
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

Spider-man 3 is tied with TDKR

Human Torch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:07 AM   #82
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Fantastic Four was pretty shocking.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:14 AM   #83
kedrell
I see what you did there

As soon as I heard Tim Story was directing FF I knew it'd likely suck. So no surprising disappointment there for me.

I have an inner child. Not an inner teenager.
kedrell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #84
def28
Side-Kick

Superman Returns.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #85
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

X3 every time!! After what X2 gave us... X3 was like only 80min and garbage!! How is it not winning this??? It's so disappointing it can even win the most disappointing comic boom film!! X3 is just a disappointment

FILMRAPS.BLOGSPOT.COM
M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #86
Squaremaster316
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
X3 every time!! After what X2 gave us... X3 was like only 80min and garbage!! How is it not winning this??? It's so disappointing it can even win the most disappointing comic boom film!! X3 is just a disappointment
They heard the Rush Hour guy was directing and gave up on the film before it started.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #87
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
Spider-man 3 is tied with TDKR

That doesn't tell you anything. Fanboys are the pickiest bunch, and to some, TDKR is a film that doesn't use a character like they should have been used, or an element returning when some didn't want them too(LoS). I mean, I voted for S-M 3 because I feel the same way with that film as Venom wasn't used as he should or the symbiote not being utilized the way it should. At least one of those two films have very positive critical acclaim as well as a film that the majority of the GA enjoy as well.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:10 PM   #88
Bowie
Banned User

How anyone could have looked at Green Lantern or Fantastic Four and honestly thought they'd be great movies...baffling. These were pre-determined **** fests.

Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #89
kedrell
I see what you did there

Quote:
Typically only the X-Men fans think X3(or Origins) was the worst, just like Batman fans say B&R was the worst and Hulk fans like me say Anghulk was the worst and Spidey fans the same about SM3....yada, yada, yada. Not everyone thinks X2 was the creme-de-la-creme of superhero movies so X3 sucking didn't come as such a big blow.

Personally I though X2 was just good but nothing great and X3 was bad but I've seen way worse.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #90
kedrell
I see what you did there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
How anyone could have looked at Green Lantern or Fantastic Four and honestly thought they'd be great movies...baffling. These were pre-determined **** fests.

FF I could see working but I never thought GL could work.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #91
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Why are you bringing up the time? X1 and X3 had the same length - 104 minutes.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #92
Victarion
Cut

Speaking as an outsider, I thought Green Lantern looked good. I still haven't seen it, though.

If you want marvel babbies to stop torchering Idris Elba, copy and paste this into your signature.
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #93
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Spiderman 3 (as a big venom fan, this film hurt to watch)
X3 (as a fan of cyclops, this film hurt to watch... Among other painful things )
Superman Returns (as a fan of Superman, this film hurt to watch)
Green Lantern (as a fan of superhero movies, this film hurt to watch)

In terms of expectations tho, I think TASM was a pretty big drop. I really wanted to love it, and truthfully I don't even prefer it over Raimi's version.

I mean, there are parts I like, but the overall story just wasn't great, and Connors was god awful.

People are voting TDKR?...

Tastes are definitely a weird thing!

hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #94
kedrell
I see what you did there

They are indeed weird. In fact I'd say it's a wonder given the diversity of audience tastes that any film succeeds. Especially in this genre.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #95
FIREPHOENIX
Side-Kick

Hands down X3 for me. What a big freakin let down after the greatness that was X2.

FIREPHOENIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #96
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
In terms of expectations tho, I think TASM was a pretty big drop.
The poll should have had more choices and gives you multiple choices to vote as well because TAS-M would have definitely been a film I'd vote for(besides S-M 3 which I voted for).

Old 04-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #97
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Superman Returns for me. I wasn't disappointed for most of the reasons others were (the Donner connection, Superman being a deadbeat dad/stalker, not enough action). I just felt it was boring and didn't have much of a story to it. Everything was vague and lots of possible threads were left unexplored. It was uneventful. Superman went into space and found a lifeless rock. Superman returned and only Lois was angry that he left. Lex grew an island and sat around on it until Superman threw it in to space. Superman finds out he's the father of Lois's son. The end.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:09 PM   #98
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
Superman Returns for me. I wasn't disappointed for most of the reasons others were (the Donner connection, Superman being a deadbeat dad/stalker, not enough action). I just felt it was boring and didn't have much of a story to it. Everything was vague and lots of possible threads were left unexplored. It was uneventful. Superman went into space and found a lifeless rock. Superman returned and only Lois was angry that he left. Lex grew an island and sat around on it until Superman threw it in to space. Superman finds out he's the father of Lois's son. The end.
I'm tired of the "deadbeat dad/stalker" nonsense. Supes didn't stalk Lois. When Lois and Clark got off from work he wanted to catch up with Lois over dinner. B/c you know he's been gone for five years. And wanted to know what his old friend/partner's been up to. Heck he even got to catch up with Jimmy over beer. But instead Lois, who seems to be a little scatterbrained, was complaining about somebody (Superman) taking off without telling anyone. And even asking for Clark's opinion on the matter. Then abandons Clark b/c she had to her family's needs. And therefore didn't have time to catch up with Clark about old times and stuff. So Clark happened to hear Lois mention her address to the cab driver. And he went on from there. He had to take matters into his own hands as Superman since he couldn't get anywhere with Lois as Clark. Sure he was eavesdropping on Lois and Richard's coversation about her feelings for him and stuff. But he suffered the consequences for using his powers in that manner, when Lois mentions to Richard she didn't love Superman anymore or at all. Eventhough she was obviously lying from an audience perspective. That scene led to a great moment in the movie, imo, as Supes flies away heartbroken and watches over Earth. I thought Routh's acting was great in that moment as well.

There was a reason for the so called "stalking" scene. It was to show Superman (and the audience) how much Lois has changed and matured during Supes' 5 year absence. She's a working mother who doesn't seem too dependent on Richard. And doesn't need Superman fixing her problems all the time or anymore. She also seems to be happy supporting her family, but she also pretends that she doesn't give a darn about Superman coming back into her life after 5 years.

Supes also wasn't a deadbeat dad. His five year Krypton expedition prevented him from knowing Lois was pregnant in the first place. He had every reason to believe that Jason was Richard's child. He only found out Jason was his son by the end of the movie. That was all thanks to Lois, when she told him in his coma. She obviously told him out of guilt b/c she thought Supes was on his death bed at that moment. I'm sure if the sequel had came out he'd have tried to get more involved in Jason's life either as Clark, Supes, or both. He did tell Lois he's "always around", when she asked him if she'll ever see him again. I'm sure by the time Jason hits puberty his powers would've kicked in. And he would then have some questions therefore would have to get involved.

It's okay for Batman to retire and let a beat cop (with no type of training what so ever) take Bruce's mantle but lord forbid Supes being a father. I actually liked that they gave Superman a kid in SR. It added something fresh to the mythos and would've been interesting to see where they would've taken it, but oh well. The 50th reimagining origin story with Zod again will have to do.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #99
the last son
Side-Kick

Easily the avengers. It was average to bad. Give it a C-. Only movie I ever saw.at midnight and considered leaving halfway thru. All that hype for nothing in my eyes.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:22 AM   #100
Monsieur Xavier
Guild Steersman

Batman & Robin for me.
Not on the list : Catwoman

Monsieur Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote