The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

View Poll Results: Who makes it the Justice League?
Superman 56 93.33%
Batman 56 93.33%
Wonder Woman 55 91.67%
The Flash 50 83.33%
Green Lantern 45 75.00%
Aquaman 19 31.67%
Martian Manhunter 21 35.00%
Cyborg 2 3.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #51
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Default Re: What is the minimum amount of heroes to call this movie "Justice League"

4?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I think they call pull off 7 (or perhaps 5 main characters with 2 side-roles), especially if WW and Flash had solos prior, especially especially if WF came prior as well, and also if Aquaman was the 'villlain' for most of the movie.

FeedOnATreeFrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #52
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Default Re: What is the minimum amount of heroes to call this movie "Justice League"

Better to include GL- John Stewart than Cyborg as many would be complaining that he is basically DC's version of Iron Man.

John Stewart has the advantage that he is a part of GL Corps and that he brings some much needed diversity into the team, now I am not saying that take Hal Jordan out of the picture completely just add a line in the movie saying that Hal has been assigned to some other space based mission, and is unavailable.

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:02 AM   #53
cleverusername8
Or something like that

5 is an absolute minimum. Four is not a 'League'. It's barely a club. This isn't the Justice Get-Together.

5 is still a little low but I can deal with it if it's the big 5. I say they do the big 5 with MM persisting in his human form throughout the movie only to be revealed at the very end. Then, he and Aquaman can join in the sequel.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #54
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Better to include GL- John Stewart than Cyborg as many would be complaining that he is basically DC's version of Iron Man.
Very true. Also he's pretty young and associated with Teen Titans so I can see fans (as they already are) getting pissed that they chose a character from that over GL or MM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
5 is an absolute minimum. Four is not a 'League'. It's barely a club. This isn't the Justice Get-Together.

5 is still a little low but I can deal with it if it's the big 5. I say they do the big 5 with MM persisting in his human form throughout the movie only to be revealed at the very end. Then, he and Aquaman can join in the sequel.
I don't see how 4 is not a League but 5 is? LOL. that just sounds funny to me.

Good plan but I also don't see how it wouldn't work with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Martian Manhunter in a slightly smaller role as member number 5.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #55
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:

Technically it has to be more than one.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #56
shauner111
Side-Kick

4 can absolutely be a club or league, the idea is that it's the start of one. It's in the process of growing.

They can get away with it and there would be nothing we can do about it. We would still go see the movie just as much if it were 6 members.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #57
cleverusername8
Or something like that

My college has a rile where you have to have 6 people who are commited to becoming members in order to be officially recognized as a club. I know this isn't college, but that's where I drew that from.

I did say that 5 is still low, but I can tolerate it because it's the big 5. Randomly tacking Flash or GL onto the Trinity just seems like a silly idea to me. They might as well just do a Trinity movie and save the FX budget.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #58
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
My college has a rile where you have to have 6 people who are commited to becoming members in order to be officially recognized as a club. I know this isn't college, but that's where I drew that from.

I did say that 5 is still low, but I can tolerate it because it's the big 5. Randomly tacking Flash or GL onto the Trinity just seems like a silly idea to me. They might as well just do a Trinity movie and save the FX budget.
A club is a group and a the latter is formed when there are two or more persons agree to associate towards a common goal. Once again, the minimum number is two.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #59
shauner111
Side-Kick

Exactly, and 4 is enough for WB to call it "Justice League".

Doesn't matter what we say. They wont call it JL if it's just Batman/Superman because they'll either call it that or "World's Finest". And they wont call it JL with the addition of Wonder Woman because they'll title it "Trinity". But with the addition of Flash, I can actually see it happening. They can do whatever they want.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #60
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Exactly, and 4 is enough for WB to call it "Justice League".

Doesn't matter what we say. They wont call it JL if it's just Batman/Superman because they'll either call it that or "World's Finest". And they wont call it JL with the addition of Wonder Woman because they'll title it "Trinity". But with the addition of Flash, I can actually see it happening. They can do whatever they want.
Somehow I don't think that such a film would be called Worlds Finest.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #61
shauner111
Side-Kick

Maybe not but they'll call it Batman/Superman before they call it Justice League. WF as a title is only a possibility.

But I think they can get away with a foursome if they hint at a few other characters. With the odd cameo and a villain like Darkseid (who markets itself if played by a known actor)...yes...Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Flash could pass off as THE JUSTICE LEAGUE.

All you need to do is use the post-credit scene to introduce a new Green Lantern, give John Jones/Martian Manhunter a cameo scene or two, and hint at "Atlantis" in the movie or in the Wonder Woman solo film, and it wouldn't bother me one bit.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #62
Kevin Smith
Banned User

The Flash needs to be in it. Period. Ain't no League without Barry Allen. He even suggested the name of the group in the comics!

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #63
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
The Flash needs to be in it. Period. Ain't no League without Barry Allen. He even suggested the name of the group in the comics!
Let me ask u...would u see the movie in a heartbeat if the lineup was trinity + Flash battling darkseid with some references/cameos included in the mix?? I know I would.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #64
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

You know what. I think...just maybe......that Kevin Smith really really likes The Flash

Old 03-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #65
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Let me ask u...would u see the movie in a heartbeat if the lineup was trinity + Flash battling darkseid with some references/cameos included in the mix?? I know I would.
I think the somewhat "sad" truth is I would see it regardless of who was in it. I'd see it if it were cats dressed up like the League battling Darkseid - so whatever the lineup ends up being, even if it's Joel Shumacher directed, I know I will see it at least once hahaha.

Would it be my ideal though? Not really. Do I like the idea of just the Trinity in it along with The Flash over them doing it with some other character over The Flash/no Flash at all? Yes, absolutely. Although I am of the opinion that the film should have at least 5 of the original 7 in it, I think the most downsized I'd be willing to accept would be The Trinity plus Flash & GL (5, even if they all don't have major parts (not Flash of course, he has to have a big part )...I'd say GL gets the least amount of screentime out of the 5). However The Flash is about my number one guy, so I would like him to be in it no matter what - if it's just The Flash and Batman, I will go and see that. If it's Barry Allen and Bruce Wayne hanging out in Paris chatting with ALfred, I'd probably go see that too. Lol.

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 03-25-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #66
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
You know what. I think...just maybe......that Kevin Smith really really likes The Flash
Understatement of the year. LOL

Speaking of my love for The Flash, why is there no emoticon for him in on the SHH smiley list?? Not even his logo...unless I am really missing something here haha.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #67
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think the somewhat "sad" truth is I would see it regardless of who was in it. I'd see it if it were cats dressed up like the League battling Darkseid - so whatever the lineup ends up being, even if it's Joel Shumacher directed, I know I will see it at least once hahaha.

Would it be my ideal though? Not really. Do I like the idea of just the Trinity in it along with The Flash over them doing it with some other character over The Flash/no Flash at all? Yes, absolutely. Although I am of the opinion that the film should have at least 5 of the original 7 in it, I think the most downsized I'd be willing to accept would be The Trinity plus Flash & GL (5, even if they all don't have major parts (not Flash of course, he has to have a big part )...I'd say GL gets the least amount of screentime out of the 5). However The Flash is about my number one guy, so I would like him to be in it no matter what - if it's just The Flash and Batman, I will go and see that. If it's Barry Allen and Bruce Wayne hanging out in Paris chatting with ALfred, I'd probably go see that too. Lol.
LOL good answer. I think im talking to Barry Allen's #1 fan.

Green Lantern evens things out and should be included, but only if they get the right story and actor for the part. Im a fan, but not a HUGE fan. So I can live without him in the lineup. But I see why he should be there, even if it's a smaller part than the others.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:45 PM   #68
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Bats, Supes, WW, and Flash are probably the 4 that GA's would name off the top of their heads for a superhero team up (after naming the avengers, xmen, and spidey).

Does the added excitement of seeing GL in the League outweigh the costs (CG, salary, screentime)?

It's tough to say. But he is the only member with his own recent kids show. His inclusion might increase the excitement among the younger GA's.

He was also a main character in JLU, which was a pretty big show. Our parents don't know GL because of this, but a lot of people, 15-25 do.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 03-25-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #69
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Understatement of the year. LOL

Speaking of my love for The Flash, why is there no emoticon for him in on the SHH smiley list?? Not even his logo...unless I am really missing something here haha.

Agreed! Should be a Catwoman one and a Bane one also.

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #70
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
LOL good answer. I think im talking to Barry Allen's #1 fan.
Haha you just might be. I like the other JLers, but you'll find that I post about Barry/The Flash a lot because I want to make sure that he gets his due as far as the big screen and media goes. I feel like the character has so much untapped potential and they aren't doing enough or anything with him really. He could be so cool, I wish the producers could see this.

Quote:
Green Lantern evens things out and should be included, but only if they get the right story and actor for the part. Im a fan, but not a HUGE fan. So I can live without him in the lineup. But I see why he should be there, even if it's a smaller part than the others.
Yeah, I would like him to be included. Wouldn't look right without a GL in a way. Although he's not nearly as vital as the other 4 we mentioned, IMO.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #71
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Agreed! Should be a Catwoman one and a Bane one also.
Yeah, I'd like one of the logo and of Barry changing to Flash. The suit ejecting from the ring would be a cool emoticon too haha.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #72
smsvmos
Side-Kick

This is my lineup:

@ beginning the Stablishment of the Trilogy

- Superman (after Mos)
- Batman (grounded in Nolan's world)
- Wonder Woman (Introduction in Men's World and set up for a prequel movie of her origin)

2nd tier characters

- Flash/Barry Allen (Becomes the Flash in JLA [intro])
- Aquaman (Resurfes from Atlantis for first time [ and prequel setup])
- Martin Manhunter ( Clifhanger at the end of movie and set up for MM prequel )

smsvmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #73
thanous

why is hawkgirl not on this list? she was one of the main 7 on the justice league show from 2001 to me you cant have justice league without her

thanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #74
shauner111
Side-Kick

Can't have a Justice League without her? LOL I think you should know that the JL has existed before that show...

Old 05-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #75
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Martian Manhunter HAS to be in the movie. HAS. The Martian in the heart of the team. i ain't seeing it if the Martian ain't in it.

LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote