The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #276
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 8

It wasn't anything great but I would watch it over that 2011 pilot.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #277
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Adrianne is hotter though. Plus a period piece vs one that would eventually talk about that time of the month? I don't know which is worse.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:27 PM   #278
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

edit

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 04-10-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #279
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Slash Film says that David Yates' Tarzan won't make it to a greenlight. Just makes me wonder if WB will try to get Yates to do JL instead.

Even though Mayimbe's so-called scoop fell through (that Bale/Nolan thing not panning out), with WB looking at a MOS sequel instead, you have to wonder why WB commissioned that Beall JL script if it wasn't going to be made or considered in the first place.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 04-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #280
darthhalen
Side-Kick

I thought the very same thing about Yates. If they could still get Goyer to write a treatment then maybe they could get Yates to direct. I'm sure this is a thought they are having. The worst part is they don't even have a script to entice any directing talent right now with the Beall script being thrown out.

Man, two movies from WB that I was greatly looking forward to are now in trouble! First JL now Tarzan. Would love to see a modern day Tarzan. Christopher Lambert just doesn't quite cut it anymore. I would gladly trade Tarzan for JL however.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:02 AM   #281
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

I really think WB is missing out by not seriously courting David Yates for this movie. His last four films for the studio made $4B worldwide, and he could attract the right sort of talent. (I don't know whether he could lure Christian Bale back or not.)

Yes, I know a few of you aren't Harry Potter fans... but money talks. I'm surprised WB isn't pushing hard for David Yates to direct JL (or why he would pass it up). I'm sure they'd be willing to give him creative leeway as long as he sticks to a set budget and keeps Henry Cavill as Superman.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 04-11-2013, 03:45 AM   #282
StianSteel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
I really think WB is missing out by not seriously courting David Yates for this movie. His last four films for the studio made $4B worldwide, and he could attract the right sort of talent. (I don't know whether he could lure Christian Bale back or not.)

Yes, I know a few of you aren't Harry Potter fans... but money talks. I'm surprised WB isn't pushing hard for David Yates to direct JL (or why he would pass it up). I'm sure they'd be willing to give him creative leeway as long as he sticks to a set budget and keeps Henry Cavill as Superman.
There were rumours earlier that Yates was on WBs short list of directors for JLA, but he decided to do Tarzan instead.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:46 AM   #283
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Tarzan is getting scrapped apparently.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 04-11-2013, 04:18 AM   #284
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Yates would be a great choice for JL no doubt. Doesn't seem all that unlikely either considering his connection with WB.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:55 AM   #285
J.Howlett

Justice League information in the new EW cover story about Man of Steel.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:00 AM   #286
childeroland
Side-Kick

What's the info?

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother

Old 04-11-2013, 05:14 AM   #287
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
What's the info?
Robinov says that Man of Steel isn't as closed off as Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy was. And David Goyer strongly hints that the Dark Knight Rises, or the events of that film, will be referenced in Man of Steel. He says you might have to look really hard for it.

Again, he's cagey on it but he strongly hints at it.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:20 AM   #288
childeroland
Side-Kick

Very interesting. Thanks.

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother

Old 04-11-2013, 07:10 AM   #289
StianSteel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Robinov says that Man of Steel isn't as closed off as Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy was. And David Goyer strongly hints that the Dark Knight Rises, or the events of that film, will be referenced in Man of Steel. He says you might have to look really hard for it.

Wasn`t the quote more about references to other JL - members in general, and not Dark Knight Trilogy in particular? I haven`t read the article myself, so am not sure.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #290
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post

Good.... Gooooooood.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #291
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StianSteel View Post
Wasn`t the quote more about references to other JL - members in general, and not Dark Knight Trilogy in particular? I haven`t read the article myself, so am not sure.
Yes, I think the question did involve the entire, if not most, of the JL as well as Bats. Saw it in the MOS thread but too lazy to search it out.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #292
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Screw it, here it is

Quote:
Will Man of Steel drop references to Justice League colleagues such as Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter, and perhaps extend into the realm of Nolan's Batman trilogy? "I would love to tell you yes or no, but I think it's going to be more exciting for people to keep a beady eye out and find what they can find," says Goyer. In other words, fans should bring along their X-Ray vision.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #293
Mr.M
Side-Kick

References? A nuclear bomb going off in Gotham? Wayne Enterprises stock fallout/bankruptcy and ensuing investigation? The death of Bruce Wayne??? Lots of ways to go with that. Wishful thinking though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Screw it, here it is
On second thought, that doesn't sound like referencing TDKT at all. Plus I think the movie was filmed before TDKR was released no? Not that they couldn't add or edit something in later.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:32 AM   #294
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Well Robinov said this about MOS
"Its setting the tone for what the movies(Dc movies) are going to be like going forward.In that Man of steel is definitely a first step"

and also said this about the Nolan Universe
"Nolans Dark knight series was deliberately and smartly positioned as standalone.The world the films lived in was very isolated without any knowledge of other superheroes"
This is not the case with the MOS universe though
"what Zack and Chris have done with this film is to allow you to really introduce other characters into the same world"

So Mos universe is open to other superheroes

When asked if the movie would drop refernces to the JL colleagues,and whether it connects to TDK Universe .
Goyer doesnt answer instead asks fans to watch the film closely-so i expect references to a DC universe.Dont expect any to TDK universe peronally

Old 04-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #295
StianSteel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
References? A nuclear bomb going off in Gotham? Wayne Enterprises stock fallout/bankruptcy and ensuing investigation? The death of Bruce Wayne??? Lots of ways to go with that. Wishful thinking though.

On second thought, that doesn't sound like referencing TDKT at all. Plus I think the movie was filmed before TDKR was released no? Not that they couldn't add or edit something in later.
Yeah, based on the quote, the reference could be anything really, and related to any JL-member. There was also a subtle Batman reference in Superman Returns, Gotham was mentioned in a news segment or something like that.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #296
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by StianSteel View Post
Yeah, based on the quote, the reference could be anything really, and related to any JL-member. There was also a subtle Batman reference in Superman Returns, Gotham was mentioned in a news segment or something like that.
Yeah, the Gotham from the Schumacher/Burton universe...

Old 04-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #297
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

I have to say, it feels fantastic to hear WB officially talk about a connected DCU beginning with MoS. JL can't be far behind! Comic-Con's gonna be insane.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #298
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Slash Film says that David Yates' Tarzan won't make it to a greenlight. Just makes me wonder if WB will try to get Yates to do JL instead.

Even though Mayimbe's so-called scoop fell through (that Bale/Nolan thing not panning out), with WB looking at a MOS sequel instead, you have to wonder why WB commissioned that Beall JL script if it wasn't going to be made or considered in the first place.
I thought Yates wasn't a comic book guy.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #299
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Just a scrap of info (involving Charlie Hunnam):

Quote:
It seems that Del Toro isn’t the only one with a new-found infatuation for the Sons of Anarchy actor, however. Warner Brothers may have their eyes on Hunnam as well. According to a trusted industry source of mine, the current rumor on the block is that Charlie Hunnam’s likeness is being used for conceptual art on a particular big WB project right now. The film? Justice League. It seems that in the current pieces being drawn up, Charlie is The Flash. Now before we get carried away, let’s take a step back and think about the possibilities here…

#1 – WB is already in discussions with the actor.

While possible, I find it highly unlikely that they would already be attempting to cast one of the “lesser” hero roles in their inevitable super friend flick before they have worked out what the hell they are doing with Batman yet. Honestly, it really depends on when the hell they want this film to hit theaters. 2016? 2017?
#2 – WB is high on the actor right now and are having the artists use his likeness to help sell him on this idea.

This one is a good bit likelier, especially if they want to make JL sooner rather than later.
#3 – An artist (or artists) on the conceptual team is a fan and simply using Charlie’s likeness in their work.

This seems likeliest to me, though the idea could also be coming from a producer or someone else involved.
http://www.chud.com/132182/exclusive...ller-business/

Old 04-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #300
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
I thought Yates wasn't a comic book guy.
I've never heard him say that... if he did, I'll need a link backing it up. And he helped adapt three best selling novels into four big movies... it'd be a different kind of creative challenge doing a JL film.

"Come Think With Us."
Closed Thread