Default Re: The Next Batman Director

Joseph Kosinski - Tron Legacy and Oblivion

Let it simmer.

BobJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #227
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

^ Meh. I still think he needs more experience.

Based on Tron Legacy alone, absolutely not. But if Oblivion is better, maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #228
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Parker

Just throwing it out there, Blomkamp/Kosinski Batman joint would be badass.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:13 AM   #229
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

Kosinski's overhyped who fanboys are obsessed with because essentially he made a big budget lightshow in Tron Legacy in which Kosinski struggled with pacing, characters, and an engaging story. It's okay but I found it really meh at times. The production design is great, but to me nothing else stood out about Tron Legacy.

Quote:
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.

Last edited by Parker Wayne; 04-10-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:16 AM   #230
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

and Nicolas Winding Refn has overhyped fans who are obsessed with people starring out into space with no dialogue for no reason.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:18 AM   #231
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Oh daaaamn....

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #232
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
and Nicolas Winding Refn has overhyped fans who are obsessed with people starring out into space with no dialogue for no reason.
Sure, but you don't ever see me suggesting him for movies.

I just think there is too much hype for Kosinski and it's basically more for the style than the substance, which he hasn't really shown much of in his one movie.

Quote:
Old 04-10-2013, 12:20 AM   #233
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Oh daaaamn....
Kosinski's directing is still better than Lindelof's writing.

Quote:
Old 04-10-2013, 12:24 AM   #234
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

You don't need to resort to this, Parker, I give you enough of my attention already.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #235
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
and it's basically more for the style than the substance, which he hasn't really shown much of in his one movie.
Are you talking about Nicolas Winding Refn?

and besides me, where else do you see the so called hype for Kosinski? because I know i'm pretty much alone on his fandom.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #236
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

Was he suggested for the next Batman director?

Quote:
Old 04-10-2013, 12:31 AM   #237
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Small suggestions does not equal to a overhyped director. lol

Old 04-10-2013, 12:33 AM   #238
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

I think someone's angry that I attacked Kosinski since Refn wasn't even brought up. I enjoy his movies very much, but I never suggest him for movies.

My go to choice for fancasting directors is usually Joe Wright.

Quote:
Old 04-10-2013, 12:36 AM   #239
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

For me Kosinski could make a kick ass Batman Beyond movie but other than that he wouldn't be my first choice for a regular setting Batman film.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:37 AM   #240
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Kosinski would kick ass on Batman Beyond.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:37 AM   #241
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

That...... might not actually be too bad.

I actually would love that idea.

Quote:
Old 04-10-2013, 01:17 AM   #242
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

whoever did this did a great job.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #243
Anjow1060
Rattling the cage

After all of the intellectual plotting and grounded action from Nolan, I'd kind of like a reversal with the next set of films.

I'd still like to see them grounded in some respects - but a little bit crazier. I'd like for them to be a bit more action heavy and maybe a little bit more emotionally driven.

For that, I'm going to left field thinking and going out there with James Wan as director. He recently saved the Fast and the Furious franchise and can really make some special character moments and movements through character arcs - all with some really epic action scenes that get as rediculously awesome as it gets without treading into Michael Bay territory.

If Aronofsky gets it... I may just shoot myself. I hate everything that man has done and I've seen them all (sans "The Wrestler"). His boring, cliche and wannabe artsy style drives me nuts.

Miller - would also be absolutely terrible. As someone else said - he just became a caricature of himself. It'd be like Tim Burton all over again. It'd be Batman set in Sin City. A guy dressed like Batman in another artists world who really doesn't care about Batman mythology to begin with. (Yes, I'm one of the few haters of TDKR -- Although I do give the man credit for Y1)

Fincher - I could live with. It's very similar to Nolan's style with dramatic plot and intellectual focus - and we know it works and he's a capable film maker. I could deal with this.

Brad Bird - Honestly, outside of James Wan, he'd be my 2nd pick. I really wanted him for Star Wars VII but we all know how that ended up. He's a good character director who pays attention to the details and doesn't seem to shy away from crazy action.

- Jow

Anjow1060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #244
OutRiddled
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
Kosinski's overhyped who fanboys are obsessed with because essentially he made a big budget lightshow in Tron Legacy in which Kosinski struggled with pacing, characters, and an engaging story. It's okay but I found it really meh at times. The production design is great, but to me nothing else stood out about Tron Legacy.
Amen to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjow1060 View Post
It'd be Batman set in Sin City.
I actually wouldn't mind seeing that. If it would be like Dark Knight Returns, that would be fairly ****ing awesome.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #245
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjow1060 View Post
After all of the intellectual plotting and grounded action from Nolan, I'd kind of like a reversal with the next set of films.

I'd still like to see them grounded in some respects - but a little bit crazier. I'd like for them to be a bit more action heavy and maybe a little bit more emotionally driven.

For that, I'm going to left field thinking and going out there with James Wan as director. He recently saved the Fast and the Furious franchise and can really make some special character moments and movements through character arcs - all with some really epic action scenes that get as rediculously awesome as it gets without treading into Michael Bay territory.

If Aronofsky gets it... I may just shoot myself. I hate everything that man has done and I've seen them all (sans "The Wrestler"). His boring, cliche and wannabe artsy style drives me nuts.

Miller - would also be absolutely terrible. As someone else said - he just became a caricature of himself. It'd be like Tim Burton all over again. It'd be Batman set in Sin City. A guy dressed like Batman in another artists world who really doesn't care about Batman mythology to begin with. (Yes, I'm one of the few haters of TDKR -- Although I do give the man credit for Y1)

Fincher - I could live with. It's very similar to Nolan's style with dramatic plot and intellectual focus - and we know it works and he's a capable film maker. I could deal with this.

Brad Bird - Honestly, outside of James Wan, he'd be my 2nd pick. I really wanted him for Star Wars VII but we all know how that ended up. He's a good character director who pays attention to the details and doesn't seem to shy away from crazy action.

- Jow
You mean Justin Lin? James Wan hasn't directed a Fast and the Furious movie. He's slated to direct the next one though.

And who the hell suggested Frank Miller?

Quote:
Old 04-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #246
Anjow1060
Rattling the cage

Errr, yeah. Justin Lin.

Sorry, I posted this morning and I wasn't fully awake yet. I had just read that Wan is taking over for Lin on 7 (which is a kill me now announcement.)

But yes, Lin.

- Jow

Anjow1060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #247
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Justin Lin has a great visual style but the F&F movies are silly trash. I think it would be too huge of a step down in quality from Nolan. Brad Bird does sound interesting.

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #248
Travesty
TEOL

Just rumors, but there you go.

Quote:
Our DC Entertainment source has given us a couple of updates on the Batman reboot.Previously, our source told us that the new movie was to be based in part on the popular Batman Arkham video games.
We were also told Darren Aronofsky was being eyed to take on the new Batman franchise.
The latest is that Aronofsky isn't interested in doing a Batman Reboot on Arkham Asylum.
It's possible that Rian Johnson (Looper) may be on the short list, but our source said not to take it as gospel.
I also asked the source about the recent rumor that said Krypton survives in the Man of Steel.
"Krypton gets blown to smithereens. I can assure you that!" the source replied back.
Regarding the Batman reboot, previously we were told it would see the Dark Knight in his second year of being a hero and tentatively titled "The Batman."
Numerous times we have been told it will not feature Christian Bale or Joseph Gordon-Levitt, which applies for the Justice League movie as well.
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...-krypton-rumor

Old 05-14-2013, 02:03 AM   #249
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

These guys all seem like they could do a great job, and they're not tied to any other major franchises:

Rian Johnson (Brick, Looper)
David Fincher (Se7en, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)
Sam Mendes (Skyfall)
Ben Affleck (The Town)
Darren Aronofksky (Black Swan)
Duncan Jones (Moon, Source Code)
Alfonso Cauron (Children of Men)

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #250
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpati View Post
Bring Tim Burton back please, since he got screwed over. We need his Riddler.
No! Tim screwed US!

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote