Old 04-10-2013, 05:19 AM   #401
Gabe99
Side-Kick

Default Re: Tron Legacy Sequels

Joseph Kosinski Talks Tron 3
'This one is going outside the box'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil de Semlyen
In town to talk Oblivion, Joseph Kosinski also has an eye firmly fixed on his follow-up to Tron Legacy. The third in the Tron franchise is currently at the script stage and gearing up for pre-production and no doubt a world of funky, space-aged design work.

"Tron 3 delivers on the promise of Tron Legacy, particular the final scenes," elaborates the director. "There's a big clue there as to where we'll go with the next one. There's some characters we establish at the beginning of Tron Legacy who have a much larger role in Tron 3." Sounds like Cillian Murphy's Edward Dillinger Jr. will have some work to do next time around, following in the footsteps of his previous work playing a son-of-a-CEO role in Inception... Click below for the video itself.

And will Tron 3 build on Tron Legacy's five IMAX sequences? "I love IMAX as a format," adds Kosinski, who shot Oblivion in 75mm. "So, yes, absolutely. It will be an IMAX film."

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #402
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Cant wait to hear more about Tr3n now, this should be gearing up once Oblivion has done its promotional run. And Cillian Murphy playing another bad guy? **** yes!

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:53 AM   #403
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Update on the next TRON movie

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=102931

Quote:
Below, you can check out the video interviews, which also include Kosinski talking about the next TRON movie. He says that they are "working on the script for the next 'TRON.' I think it's pretty clear my love of working in the real world and real locations from this film. If we were to take that into the universe of 'TRON,' I think people can put that together what that means for that franchise. So it's a pretty exciting idea we have for it, and we're in the early stages, but I think it could be very cool."

Old 04-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #404
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Joseph Kosinski, 'Oblivion' Director, On Competing With 'After Earth' And The Future Of 'Tron 3'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3084679.html

Quote:
Is “Tron 3” going to happen? From what I’m reading, it sounds optimistic.

Well, I would say we are writing. We have an idea we’ve been formulating for a few years now. We are very close to being finished with the first draft of the script. The writer, Jesse Wigutow, is working on it as we speak. And I’m excited about the overall idea, but it’s very early. I wouldn’t say that it’s absolutely going to happen, but I would say that the idea we have is the right one to go back to that world. And it would be fun to go back as long as we have the right version.

Tron is the title character, but he’s never a main part of either “Tron” movie. Selfishly, I want more of Tron himself.
I’ve heard people say that! Yeah, there’s an affinity for this character. And, yeah, he’s the title character, but he’s always been more of a secondary — even in the first “Tron.” It’s the story of Kevin Flynn, really. And then, in our case, it was him and his son. But, yeah, Tron is a character. But, for me, when people talk about “Tron,” they’re really talking about the world, I think. Like, when people talk about “Tron,” they’re not talking about that specific character. It is a world. It is an aesthetic. That being said, it would be hard to imagine how we could make another one without at least addressing the character of Tron.

But for those who grew up on “Scarecrow and Mrs. King,” those people might be talking about Tron himself.
That’s absolutely true. And Bruce Boxleitner is a great guy, I loved working with him and he will always be Tron to me.

Hopefully Tron won’t have to wear the helmet the whole movie next time.
It will be like the KISS album, we’ll call it “Tron: Unmasked.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #405
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

My body is ready. So are my ears. They must bring daft punk back

Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #406
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

FYI Tron Uprising is now available on Netflix instant watch, spread the news.

That show needs viewership badly.

Old 07-11-2013, 05:31 AM   #407
Gabe99
Side-Kick

CBM:
'TRON 3' And 'THE BLACK HOLE' Update From Joseph Kosinski
"Oblivion" director Joseph Kosinski briefly discusses abstract elements of the plot for "Tron 3" and also touches on "Blackhole," calling it a reboot rather than a remake. How excited are you for more Tron?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Julian
"Oblivion" director Joseph Kosinski spoke with Entertainment Tonight for the upcoming release of his Tom Cruise lead sci-fi feature on home video. However, ET has cut a portion of that interview to focus on talks of Kosinski's next two projects, "Black Hole" and "Tron 3." Jon Spaights is writing "Black Hole" while Jesse Wigutow is working on the script for the third Tron outing. Kosinski says that "Tron 3" will pick up right where the sequel left off with Sam Flynn (Garrett Hedlund) and Quorra (Olivia Wilde) returning to the real world. "The Black Hole" will be a reboot of the 1979 science fiction film which returning astronauts find a black hole on their way back to Earth. A bit of trivia, famed comic book artist Jack Kirby drew an adaptation of the film for the comic strip Walt Disney's "Treasury of Classic Tales."

Source: ET

Old 07-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #408
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

It's been many many years since I saw The Black Hole and I probably can't remember half of it, but a reboot of it sounds really interesting.
I just wish they would get going with Tron 3 sometimes soon.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #409
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I just wish with Tr3n would go into production already, these short updates are killing me.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 07-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #410
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Agreed. lol

I just hope they announce a release date and cast (or something) at Comic Con.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #411
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Yeah, once we know when we will get it it will make the wait easier to bear. Though at the same time if they are taking the time to get the script right I dont mind that much.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:19 AM   #412
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Yeah definitely.

Something new I found, it's photos from Jeff Bridges during production of Tron Legacy.

http://www.jeffbridges.com/tron_book/

Last edited by Kane52630; 07-11-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #413
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Old 07-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #414
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Awesome stuff. Those outfits must have been so hard to get in and out of.

Old 07-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #415
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I have my doubts of another film happening any time soon.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:15 PM   #416
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

As long as the next film has the title character in a significant role I'll be happy.

The Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #417
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

If there's a next film.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

Old 07-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #418
Jochimus
Autobot Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
If there's a next film.
I'm probably being pessimistic, but I have to admit, the one-two punch of "John Carter" and "The Lone Ranger" at the box office does not paint a promising picture to me where the future of Tron as a property is concerned...and given studios' current reluctance to do anything original or 'home-grown' as a summer tentpole, I can totally see the House of Mouse front-loading the proven box-office mettle of Star Wars as their main sci-fi attraction and not bothering too much with developing anything else to fill that niche at the cinema, much like the way their animation successes have now largely fallen on Pixar's shoulders (seriously, I don't think they even make those cheap DTV sequels to their own animated films anymore, do they?).

http://jochimus.deviantart.com
Jochimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #419
Matt Mortem
Perpetual Screwup

Tr3n would be a sequel though. Studios love sequels and Legacy made something like $400 million right?

Matt Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #420
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Disney is dragging their feet big time, It's not impossible but I'd be surprised if a sequel were made.

I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:41 PM   #421
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

It only took them, what, 15-20 years for the first sequel?

Old 07-16-2013, 08:41 PM   #422
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

For whatever reason they felt, they had a problem appealing to boys. Thus, they got Marvel and Star Wars to deal with that.

Everything else outside of that have been so-so or bombs critically and/or financially. Especially when sequel money is spent on a first film before a franchise really even starts.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #423
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Instead of Tron 2, they could have remade the first Tron with a new cast. Then Tron 2 could have been the downfall of Flynn and the rise of Clu. Tron 3 could have been Flynn's son going into the grid to save his father.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #424
Gabe99
Side-Kick

SciFiNow
TRON 3 “delivers on TRON: Legacy” says Joseph Kosinski
Oblivion director Joseph Kosinski discusses Empire Strikes Back influence on TRON 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Hatfull
TRON 3 will deliver on what TRON: Legacy set up, promises Oblivion director Joseph Kosinski, who has cited The Empire Strikes Back as the inspiration for his latest TRON sequel.

“The TRON sequel is still in early stages, it’s still in the script stage,” he told SciFiNow exclusively. “So I can’t say if and when that would go into production but the fundamental idea of the movie is something I’m very excited about, it delivers on the ideas that we set up in Legacy, especially at the end in the last five minutes, so that one is a work in progress.”

The Oblivion director has been quoted as saying the classic Star Wars sequel would be a touchstone for TRON 3, and he told us that it is the chance to dive straight into the story that has him itching to get started.

“That’s what excites me about it,” he enthuses.”Even though Legacy was technically a sequel, because it was 30 years later we really had to do a lot of heavy lifting with a lot of backstory and establish all new characters, so it really was a foundation building movie.

“What was really exciting to me about a sequel to that, like in Empire, is that you can pick up the story mid-stride and just be off to the races from the opening frame because there already is an understanding between you and the audience about what story you’re telling and who the characters are. And to me that’s what’s exciting about that, is being able to expand on that world in that way.”

Kosinski is also attached to the remake of the Disney classic The Black Hole, but clearly the world of TRON is one that he’s not ready to let go of. “For me it’s always about finding an idea or a world that’s compelling enough that I want to disappear into it for three years,” he tells us.

“A lot of filmmaking is a lot of hard work, it’s getting up early, it’s standing on sets for 16 hours, it’s drinking bad coffee, it’s working through problems, and you need something really inspiring to drive through all of that, so for me it’s all about looking for ‘What is that idea, what is that concept that I just can’t get out of my head that I’ve become slightly obsessive with?’”

Old 09-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #425
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Oh man I seriously hope he makes tron 3. I need a return to the tron world

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote