The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #851
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Then apparently, they make more money on the WrestleMania stuff than they do on a new DVD or Blu ray release on the release date....so what? they are in the business to make money....that is what they are supposed to do.

I think that they have simply done what Starbucks did a while back....they over built and they are now paying for it......they will do what Starbucks did, what any good business would do....look at the stores that are making the most and cut those that are not...and they will come out just fine.

When they announce...say...120 stores are closing...I want it spinned as Walmart is experiencing losses and what not.

walmart.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #852
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

Default Re: Discussion: The Economy, Fiscal Cliff, National Debt, And Other Financial Issues

Quote:
Then apparently, they make more money on the WrestleMania stuff than they do on a new DVD or Blu ray release on the release date....so what? they are in the business to make money....that is what they are supposed to do.
LOL! I don't know if you quite got my point. they not only don't put out new releases on the release date,but they also don't put out promo stuff like the WrestleMania DVD's either. it's not that they're skipping new releases to put the promo items out to make more money. they put NEITHER out.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #853
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1974 View Post
LOL! I don't know if you quite got my point. they not only don't put out new releases on the release date,but they also don't put out promo stuff like the WrestleMania DVD's either. it's not that they're skipping new releases to put the promo items out to make more money. they put NEITHER out.

Oooooh gotcha.....yeah, kinda missed that point...lol

Old 03-31-2013, 07:27 AM   #854
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

no problem! just wanted to clarify my point that Wal-Mart here apparently isn't interested in making money.though you can always find the "helpful" electronics employees standing around texting people while making you wait for them to be done.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:59 AM   #855
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
no problem! just wanted to clarify my point that Wal-Mart here apparently isn't interested in making money.though you can always find the "helpful" electronics employees standing around texting people while making you wait for them to be done.
Oh, I think they are totally interested in making money....AT THE TOP. The employees you see have a manager problem, they aren't held accountable for what they do.

At my Walmart, which has been one of the top sellers in the Walmart family for many years is also seeing some problems. As far as employees, you get what you pay for......I think they will have to learn that if you want quality employees you will have to pay for them......You do that by getting rid of stores that are just a drain on your bottom line and take that money and invest it in hiring top quality for your stores that are doing well. We will see if they learn that....

Old 03-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #856
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

I have to say I thought the "empty shelves/pegs" thing was just at my store,cause they constantly have empty shelves all over the place. now I see it's a system-wide issue. though,funnily enough, for lack of a better term there's a "hick" WM Superstore about 15 miles away from me near the woods that has the shelves ALWAYS full everytime I go there. was just there last Monday and the place is full.and it's not like no one shops there and the stuff doesn't sell. it's always packed,and they DO put new releases out on release dates. then there's mine,in a semi-decent location near the Interstate and right outside a city,and their shelves are always empty.

of course the employees at the one farther away are always nice and ask you if there's anything THEY can help you with. whereas the one in my town,you could be on fire and they won't put down the cellphone long enough to even look at you. like you said,you get what you pay for,and apparently the Hazleton Wal-Mart can only attract the dregs of the area.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:50 PM   #857
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Oh, I think they are totally interested in making money....AT THE TOP. The employees you see have a manager problem, they aren't held accountable for what they do.

At my Walmart, which has been one of the top sellers in the Walmart family for many years is also seeing some problems. As far as employees, you get what you pay for......I think they will have to learn that if you want quality employees you will have to pay for them......You do that by getting rid of stores that are just a drain on your bottom line and take that money and invest it in hiring top quality for your stores that are doing well. We will see if they learn that....
Walmart needs better managers overall and to pay people better. Until they do that, they deserve to lose money. When I worked there for about 2 years, even the dept managers dissed the higher up managers. Why? The higher ups sucked, that is why. Walmart needs a union or to get it's head out of it's giant arse, and pay people better.

Level 1 people: Cart pushers and janitors work hard overall. When I left nearly 4 years ago this May, pay started at $7.50. It really needs to be $8.50 to $9.00 starting out. Cap it at $10.50 or 11 bucks an hour. The CEO's, likely people who never worked hard, don't need 18 million bonuses.

Yes, I'm angry.

Quote:
I have to say I thought the "empty shelves/pegs" thing was just at my store,cause they constantly have empty shelves all over the place. now I see it's a system-wide issue. though,funnily enough, for lack of a better term there's a "hick" WM Superstore about 15 miles away from me near the woods that has the shelves ALWAYS full everytime I go there. was just there last Monday and the place is full.and it's not like no one shops there and the stuff doesn't sell. it's always packed,and they DO put new releases out on release dates. then there's mine,in a semi-decent location near the Interstate and right outside a city,and their shelves are always empty.

of course the employees at the one farther away are always nice and ask you if there's anything THEY can help you with. whereas the one in my town,you could be on fire and they won't put down the cellphone long enough to even look at you. like you said,you get what you pay for,and apparently the Hazleton Wal-Mart can only attract the dregs of the area.
You don't pay for what you get or however it goes. The walmarts that are poorly run have bad morale due to low pay and the managers. I worked at one for nearly 2 years. I should know.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #858
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Err..

Peter 'Smart' Schiff: We heading towards new crisis.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Someone needs to spin it or say it: Dear 20 soemthings still living at home...get used to it. Sincerely, Washington D.C.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #859
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by enterthemadness View Post
Err..

Peter 'Smart' Schiff: We heading towards new crisis.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Someone needs to spin it or say it: Dear 20 soemthings still living at home...get used to it. Sincerely, Washington D.C.
No, that should be dear 40--50 somethings......you will be screwed for another decade of 20 somethings living with you....

The 20 somethings are fine, they are paying the bills....

Old 04-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #860
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
No, that should be dear 40--50 somethings......you will be screwed for another decade of 20 somethings living with you....

The 20 somethings are fine, they are paying the bills....

Well if you say so, but for me to move out I would need 2 jobs. Or 1 jobs and 2 or so roommates.

-_- roommates...

Old 04-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #861
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Well if you say so, but for me to move out I would need 2 jobs. Or 1 jobs and 2 or so roommates.

-_- roommates...
You didn't say roommates, you said..."living at home". Which means the parents are getting the lionshare of the financial problems, not the 20 something....they are getting free rent, electricity, water, and probably food...

Old 04-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #862
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
You didn't say roommates, you said..."living at home". Which means the parents are getting the lionshare of the financial problems, not the 20 something....they are getting free rent, electricity, water, and probably food...

Yes, cause the job market is tough and things are lousy and probably going to fall off a cliff before things get better.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #863
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Yes, cause the job market is tough and things are lousy and probably going to fall off a cliff before things get better.
I'm not arguing with you there....

Old 04-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #864
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

I don't know why people put so much stock into gold. (heh, unintended pun)

It's just another commodity. And because it's traded so heavily and used as a financial back up, it sometimes considered a currency.

Plus, most of the value of gold comes not from its useful properties, but from it's use in jewelry and fine art. In essence, luxuries.

And if anything takes a hit during down times, it's luxuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #865
Destructus86
Side-Kick

It's pretty smart to live with your parents and share the costs. I'm not sure why Americans have some sort of weird stigma about it.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #866
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
It's pretty smart to live with your parents and share the costs. I'm not sure why Americans have some sort of weird stigma about it.
-_- I live at home, I am American and I will tell you this...living at home sucks. Sure, cable, free food, blah blah blah. But I want my own place. That allows cats and smoking. And then I can have a Roku Streaming player connected to a TV...and pay for Hulu Plus and Netflix monthly and stream those to TV via Roku.

like me trickery Time Warner. Oh what am I saying, I would still have High speed internet from them.

And IF Supernatural stuff happens I can get a attitude and mock the supernatural stuff. or see if the ghost wants to play video games.

-_- Imma move into a place that is suppose to be haunted. I be like talking out loud to myself daring the spirits to come at me with what they got. Why? Cuase I'm angry and jaded, that is why.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #867
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

-_-...well....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3019564.html

March 2013 Jobs: 88K added, unemployment drops to 7.6%, 496K...-_-...just say **** it and quit looking.

Quote:
Unemployment fell to 7.6 percent in March from 7.7 percent in February, the Bureau of Labor Statistics said. But that was mainly due to 496,000 people leaving the labor force completely. The labor-force participation rate -- the percentage of people eligible to be working or looking for work -- fell to 63.3 percent, the lowest since 1979. Had that number simply held stable, the unemployment rate might have been higher.

Old 04-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #868
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Now my mood is even worse.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireS...2#.UV9HszdNA_d

No more pictures taken at Sears and Walmart, CPI closing all their shops.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #869
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Good....those things were horrible money grabbers....

Old 04-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #870
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Good....those things were horrible money grabbers....

the hate is strong in this one.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #871
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

I'm waiting for the next Obama speech saying..."we are going to put the focus back on jobs...." he does that usually a few times a year. After Obamacare took up all the time in 2009 and in 2010, there's the speech...."we are going to focus on jobs...." then the campaign, starting in 2011, and in 2012...."we are going to focus on jobs...." then the gun control speech after speech after speech....and now the crappy jobs numbers.

Next speech: "We are going to focus back on jobs...."

Waiting......still waiting....

Old 04-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #872
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
I'm waiting for the next Obama speech saying..."we are going to put the focus back on jobs...." he does that usually a few times a year. After Obamacare took up all the time in 2009 and in 2010, there's the speech...."we are going to focus on jobs...." then the campaign, starting in 2011, and in 2012...."we are going to focus on jobs...." then the gun control speech after speech after speech....and now the crappy jobs numbers.

Next speech: "We are going to focus back on jobs...."

Waiting......still waiting....
What do you make of 496K people leaving the job market? Where did they go? -_-.

Hanging out at McD's crying.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #873
Kelly
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
What do you make of 496K people leaving the job market? Where did they go? -_-.

Hanging out at McD's crying.
I'm not really sure your point from what I stated?

If your point was, he should focus on jobs....

Well duh........that was pretty much what I was saying, he has said he is going to focus on jobs, over and over and over again, including throughout his 2008 campaign and 2012 campaign....

We are about to hear it again, and we will probably see that nothing will happen, once again. He has no clue how to generate jobs in this economy, and the people he has around him have no idea either. He knows how to give good speeches, that is all....

Old 04-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #874
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

I am one of 54%.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ich_in_america

54% no longer thinks it's possible to work hard and get ahead.

welcome to your two party system at work, peeps.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #875
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Here is a fun online game called Tax Evaders(it's sort of a play on Space Invaders)

http://taxevaders.net/

Closed Thread