The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #26
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Wow the backlash on-line is actually quite substantial. I saw some of the other sites and fans are screaming at the top of their lungs over this. The timing of her saying this couldn't have been worse. Bryan better say something.

The one thing this film cannot withstand right now is bad buzz--of any kind.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #27
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Hmmm if Storm is supposed to have action scenes in the movie before the news of Halle getting pregnant cameout. I hope we don't get crappy rewrites from Simon Kinberg!!! His rewrite for the psychic battle in FC was not good!

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 04-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #28
Lightning Strykez!

If Halle's comments are truly reflecting the production's plans for the character (which are two entirely different things) I am gonna just be so dissapointed.

We keep being given this "50%" treatment with Storm...it's like drinking Diet Pepsi. We're always leaving the theater wondering what coulda/woulda/shoulda been with her. I don't know what the hell is up...it's almost like the character (along with Scott and to an extent Rogue) are just cursed beyond redemption in this studio's movieverse.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 04-11-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #29
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

If using stuntwomen or filming after she has her baby aren't options (though I don't see why the former wouldn't be), then I'm really hoping for a young Storm in the 70s.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:17 PM   #30
Lightning Strykez!

Old 04-11-2013, 10:23 PM   #31
Lightning Strykez!

Edit.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 04-11-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #32
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Lets just hope Bryan Singer will try to give her character more action scenes . If they really want Storm to do a lot of things in the movie like action scenes, there's a lot of ways to pull it off and it doesn't have to be Halle Berry doing the stunts/action scenes.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 04-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #33
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Lets just hope Bryan Singer will try to give her character more action scenes . If they really want Storm to do a lot of things in the movie like action scenes, there's a lot of ways to pull it off and it doesn't have to be Halle Berry doing the stunts/action scenes.
Agreed.

My hope is that Halle is being presumptuous and speaking for the character's total role in the film based only on the production's plans for HER as an actress. Perhaps she's just assuming that Storm won't be active because she is not doing the stunts she performed in X3. The film could have Storm all over it via CGI or stuntwomen without any need for Halle for herself.

I just hate the "finality" of her tone as if to say, "Whoops! Well, we were gonna give you something bad ass for Storm, but sorry...I'm pregnant and now we're gonna give you Storm-Lite."

Old 04-11-2013, 11:45 PM   #34
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Wow the backlash on-line is actually quite substantial. I saw some of the other sites and fans are screaming at the top of their lungs over this. The timing of her saying this couldn't have been worse. Bryan better say something.

The one thing this film cannot withstand right now is bad buzz--of any kind.
I wouldn't worry too much about the backlash. It's all just internet goons. So far I've read that she should get an abortion or that her role should be aborted. I've read someone compare DOFP with a neutered Storm role to that of Monster's Ball without Halle "getting penetrated by Slingblade". These people are idiot reactionaries and their opinions are negligible. The movie hasn't even started filming yet.

And why are you already acting like this is a film that's already plagued with bad buzz?? It's quite the contrary actually.... it's only been positives for so long. A little bad buzz will be forgotten in no time at all.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #35
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
And why are you already acting like this is a film that's already plagued with bad buzz?? It's quite the contrary actually.... it's only been positives for so long. A little bad buzz will be forgotten in no time at all.
I never said that the film is "already plagued with bad buzz". I stated that bad buzz is the last thing this film needs.

Halle Berry's Storm is just such a controversial sore spot for fans of this franchise. It's like this gigantic scab that won't heal properly. Comments like the ones Halle made today "pick" at that scab, making it raw all over again.

For example, she'll get on talk shows and say s*** like, "Fans really love my depiction of Storm" when in reality most people hate her portrayal of the character. And it just makes everyone hate her more. For someone like me--who is a huge Storm fan--it's quite irritating to see my most beloved character constantly being dragged through unneccessary stuff like this...and so consistently at that.

From statements like "I've been reduced to playing comic characters" to today's comments, Halle just keeps saying stuff that basically shoves a stick in the fan beehive.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:11 AM   #36
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
I never said that the film is "already plagued with bad buzz". I stated that bad buzz is the last thing this film needs.
I guess it's just phrasing. It just made me think you were disappointed with a lot of things (which you might be! haha who knows, right?).

Quote:
Halle Berry's Storm is just such a controversial sore spot for fans of this franchise. It's like this gigantic scab that won't heal properly. Comments like the ones Halle made today "pick" at that scab, making it raw all over again.

For example, she'll get on talk shows and say s*** like, "Fans really love my depiction of Storm" when in reality most people hate her portrayal of the character. And it just makes everyone hate her more. For someone like me--who is a huge Storm fan--it's quite irritating to see my most beloved character constantly being dragged through unneccessary stuff like this...and so consistently at that.

From statements like "I've been reduced to playing comic characters" to today's comments, Halle just keeps saying stuff that basically shoves a stick in the fan beehive.

I'll definitely give you this one. She doesn't always come across as... informed during interviews. I think we're just going to have to live with the fact that she's kind a cringe-worthy actress, at least when it comes to interviews. But that comic book statement was pretty old and she seems to have really become enlightened since.

Did you catch her little joke on Leno (I think)? They asked her what she liked about playing Storm and she said "well the royalty checks ain't bad!". She was obviously joking but still... Jesus, woman.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:21 AM   #37
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

If Halle's comments are truly reflecting the production's plans for the character (which are two entirely different things) I am gonna just be so dissapointed.

We keep being given this "50%" treatment with Storm...it's like drinking Diet Pepsi. We're always leaving the theater wondering what coulda/woulda/shoulda been with her. I don't know what the hell is up...it's almost like the character (along with Scott and to an extent Rogue) are just cursed beyond redemption in this studio's movieverse.
At this point it's like half a Diet Pepsi mixed with some water that's been sitting out for too long.

This is most disappointing.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 04-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #38
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
At this point it's like half a Diet Pepsi mixed with some water that's been sitting out for too long.

This is most disappointing.
Aye.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:32 AM   #39
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
Did you catch her little joke on Leno (I think)? They asked her what she liked about playing Storm and she said "well the royalty checks ain't bad!". She was obviously joking but still... Jesus, woman.
Halle Berry knows exactly what to say to piss off comic book fans. I think she reads the boards and actually thinks of things to say to keep folks talking about her.

For example, I remember after Catwoman tanked so terribly. Fans and critics DESPISED it--and she was even given a Razzie for it. And where is Halle Berry in all of that controversy? Her ass is sitting up there talking about a goddamn sequel.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #40
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Halle Berry knows exactly what to say to piss off comic book fans. I think she reads the boards and actually thinks of things to say to keep folks talking about her.

For example, I remember after Catwoman tanked so terribly. Fans and critics DESPISED it--and she was even given a Razzie for it. And where is Halle Berry in all of that controversy? Her ass is sitting up there talking about a goddamn sequel.
But she did thank her agent "for getting her cast in that piece of s--t!" LOL. Give her some credit!

Oh and I don't think she says that fans love her depiction of Storm. She usually just says "the fans love Storm" or some s--t like that haha.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:47 AM   #41
Lightning Strykez!

No, she recently has been saying that fans love HER as Storm. I think it's also in print somewhere on the Hype front page.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:33 AM   #42
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

I guess this is bad news for Storm fans. But I never expected her to have a large role. There's something about Bryan Singer's X-men movies that have made me not expect huge action anyway. She's still going to be headmistress and leader of the X-men. That's more than Cyclops or Jean can say.

Plus, there's a million more things to be excited about. Peter Dinklage! Sentinels! Timeline fixing!

Old 04-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #43
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Luckily computer animation has evolved and there is no reason to limit an action scene just because the character portraying Storm can't do any stunt work. She said that her stunt double will be doing a lot of work, so that alone may confirm we will see some Storm stunts. I doubt they will completely ignore storm and keep her as just a talking lady with white hair. Storm is probably gonna get some cool scenes since her powers can do so many physical stuff.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:26 AM   #44
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelU View Post
Luckily computer animation has evolved and there is no reason to limit an action scene just because the character portraying Storm can't do any stunt work. She said that her stunt double will be doing a lot of work, so that alone may confirm we will see some Storm stunts. I doubt they will completely ignore storm and keep her as just a talking lady with white hair. Storm is probably gonna get some cool scenes since her powers can do so many physical stuff.
Yeah, it's one quote that I think was just said out of her ass. You're right in that she also mentioned her stunt double getting more work. AND she said that she can do most of what the role entails. I think all of this was on the same day LOL.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:54 AM   #45
JP
Smelly

Recast.

I'm not worried. Singer wrote a "bad ass" Storm for this film because he knew that's what fans wanted. I don't see him talking that away.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:01 AM   #46
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
I guess this is bad news for Storm fans. But I never expected her to have a large role. There's something about Bryan Singer's X-men movies that have made me not expect huge action anyway. She's still going to be headmistress and leader of the X-men. That's more than Cyclops or Jean can say.

Plus, there's a million more things to be excited about. Peter Dinklage! Sentinels! Timeline fixing!

Those are only 3 things!

Old 04-12-2013, 07:17 AM   #47
James_Smith
Banned User

I hope Storm dies early and that proves to be the catalyst for them (Kitty or whoever it is) going back in time. That way they can get rid of Halle Berry quickly, but she'll still have an "integral" role and it will make sense within the context of the story (i.e. showing that the Sentinels are a REAL threat, and none of the team are guaranteed to survive).

Old 04-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #48
Project862006
Banned User

storm dies in dofp comic anyways lol

Old 04-12-2013, 09:14 AM   #49
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

The big problem is that what Halle is quoted as saying has given people cause for concern about the role being reduced.

We really don't know what script alterations have had to be made, if any. Maybe Singer already knew at the time of negotiations? (Not sure how long exactly she has known she is pregnant).

She should have worded her replies more carefully and put more of a positive spin on it.

But, judging from what she did say, it does seem that the role has been scaled back to accommodate her pregnancy. I was never expecting a big role anyway, especially as she was announced so late in the casting process.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #50
Project862006
Banned User

well remember it took a bit for halle to get confirmed

Closed Thread