The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 04-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #26
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Arkham Origins Announced

It's not like Conroy has not done younger versions of Batman before. And old versions, too.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #27
Ryan
Side-Kick

I'll probably buy this, based upon how much I like the previous 2 installments. Then again, that's why I saw Dark knight rises and look how that turned out..lol.

I'm a bit concerned that Rocksteady didn't produce this though. Have to play it first before making my mind up. I'd definitely say I put this series up there and possibly higher then the Nolan series.

Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #28
Robin91939
Master Tim

My prediction for the villains:

Non-assassin:

Black Mask
Penguin
Great White Shark
Scarface and the Ventriloquist

Assassin:
1.) Deathstroke
2.) Deadshot
3.) Lady Shiva
4.) David Cain
5.) Onomatopoeia
6.) The Reaper
7.) Firefly
8.) Talia al Ghul

Gang war between the top four. They hire the 8 assassins, maybe the crime families join forces and attempt to take out Batman.

Would be interesting to see Batman's first encounter with Talia after the events of Batman: Arkham City.

-R

Old 04-11-2013, 01:22 AM   #29
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!

I am extremely excited for these new developments, but let's be clear: Rocksteady is no longer aboard, and those are HUGE shoes to fill. The biggest things I'm looking forward to the most are the side origin missions, which I hope lean more towards the the traditional origins of our favorite baddies; the story itself is interesting enough; and the bigger maps by far. The idea of bringing in Old Gotham makes me extremely happy.

Batman, by the looks of it, looks AWESOME!!! But I'm with everyone else: if this version is BEFORE Asylum/City, why the hell does he look so high tech? It's like it would be suffering the out of date technologies that I find similar to the Star Wars prequel franchise. NOW, if the pictures we're getting take place AFTER Arkham City, and the Origins fall into play in flashbacks... then I'll be impressed.

I doubt that's how it will be, but it would be nice enough. I'd usually hop the gun and get this thing on Pre-Order, but I'm not going to risk such a big money investment into a game that would easily ruin the whole game franchise. And trust me, games have done that before.

l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Doctor Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #30
batfreakforever
A real fan

I will get this game no matter what.

batfreakforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #31
Harrier
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post
I will get this game no matter what.
I feel the same. The idea that it could be a "Bad" game is kind of silly. For something to be "bad" it has to basically be unplayable.

Now, will it be worth $60? That's a different question.

Harrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #32
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Regardless of its quality, I highly doubt it will be worse than the average superhero video game we get today outside of Batman.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #33
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Regardless of its quality, I highly doubt it will be worse than the average superhero video game we get today outside of Batman.
Oh yeah. For sure. Rocksteady definitely spoiled us with the last two games. Now anything less than great will seem like a disappoinment, but it's all too easy to forget a time when we've have to make due with bad to mediocre games for our VG Batman fix.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:27 AM   #34
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin91939 View Post
My prediction for the villains:

Non-assassin:

Black Mask
Penguin
Great White Shark
Scarface and the Ventriloquist

Assassin:
1.) Deathstroke
2.) Deadshot
3.) Lady Shiva
4.) David Cain
5.) Onomatopoeia
6.) The Reaper
7.) Firefly
8.) Talia al Ghul

Gang war between the top four. They hire the 8 assassins, maybe the crime families join forces and attempt to take out Batman.

Would be interesting to see Batman's first encounter with Talia after the events of Batman: Arkham City.

-R
Shouldn't be Ra's instead of Talia? Since this Batman is meeting the villains for the first time.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #35
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
Shouldn't be Ra's instead of Talia? Since this Batman is meeting the villains for the first time.
If that's the case, then you should remember that Batman met Talia first before Ra's since his inception in the 70's.

l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Old 04-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #36
Dk1201
Side-Kick

when will the trailer be released?

Dk1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #37
atomicbattery
Side-Kick

I loved that Gotham skyline behind Arkham City in the last game. As beautifully ugly and 'dense' as the environments were in Arkham II, when I was on a rooftop I'd gaze at the skyscrapers on the horizon and want to go to there.
So, now we get to cross a bridge and go to that lower Manhattan/New Gotham.
Can't wait.

atomicbattery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #38
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Who View Post
If that's the case, then you should remember that Batman met Talia first before Ra's since his inception in the 70's.
I didn't know....

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #39
OutRiddled
Banned User

Calendar Man, *****es.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #40
ND Irish
Side-Kick

Since its gonna be a cold Christmas Eve night, Freeze has to be a side mission, right? Since he's not really an 'assasin.'

Would also love to see the Joker's origin as a side mission w/ obvious references & allusions as to who that man becomes in the future, that not all players & hardcore fans know.

ND Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #41
Dk1201
Side-Kick

so it apears Back Mask is the main vilian which I am happy about

Dk1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:39 PM   #42
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!

Just a couple of updates from what I've read so far:

-Arkham Origins main inspirations are Batman: Year One and Legends of the Dark Knight
-Penguin in the picture is antagonizing Alberto Falcone (I won't spoil anything else)
-Branden will be the more well known officer on the hunt to take down Batman. At this time, Commissioner Loeb in charge of the whole charade and hopes to get Batman and serve his head to the highest paying assassin.
-That being said, a younger Gordon will be present; forces like himself and hopefully other cops will play a role into making a positive impact by fighting alongside with Bats.
-Batman will be young and will make some rookie mistakes that makes him flawed... which in my book is sensibly perfect for grounding and molding the Batman we love in Arkham Asylum/City.
-Also gets his bat-claw from Deathstroke at some point; Montreal is hoping to bring a Boba Fett like quality out of Slade, and I'll the more happy for it.

From what I'm reading, the idea of Rocksteady not being the force behind this game makes me nervous, but at the same time... this news wreaks of potential of being a fantastic game. ESPECIALLY for true Bat-fans, like myself.

l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Old 04-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #43
Caped Crusader
I Know Crazy

Quote:
Ah, the downfall of all secret keepers the marketing department!

It seems that some poor marketing bod has left a Batman Arkham Origins Point-of-Sales standee out for a CVG reader to snap a picture.

On the left hand side on the main image we can clearly see Scarecrow, Zsasz and Joker.

At the bottom, we can see Deathstroke clearly, but we can also see what could be (l-r) Deadshot, a TDKR-inspired Bane and a less devolved Killer Croc.

Caped Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #44
the5timechamp
Side-Kick

The lack of Rocksteady is cause for concern..then again the influx of different takes on familiar ideas has potential.

My biggest fear in the absence of Rocksteady is that the fluid and intelligent design displayed in the small details of both Arkham games will be lost.

-Will the much larger environment mean more loading sections instead of one giant land mass separated only by interior and exterior environments? perhaps the bridge will be where the loading takes place behind the scenes.

-Being in the city it has mentioned that even larger buildings will feature (skyscrappers) how will they implement that and maintain the gameplay density already established.

-You will be in the actual city, how will civilians and the overall living city be portrayed? are we to expect the entirety of the game to take place all within one night?

So many questions yet the potential is amazing, atop that is the knowledge that the "A" team over at Rocksteady is probably working on another bat game of their own and will potentially refine/perfect anything that origins introduces..

the new batman design does look amazing...smaller ears, less clooney-ness

the5timechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #45
LuisTX85
Hey Bub

The story/characters being handled and new features will all be up to WB Montreal But the technical aspects and gameplay mechanics will be the same from AA&AC,Rocksteady are working with WB Montreal and giving them input for that stuff..Basically like consultants in gameplay.

-Not sure about loading times

-There will be"crime in progress"side-missions as well as"most wanted system"side missions where you go after villains not in the main story.

-There won't be too many civilians out and about since there's a bad snow storm going on,Yes the game takes place on Christmas Eve night only.

Last edited by LuisTX85; 04-21-2013 at 08:58 PM.
LuisTX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #46
RiddleMeThat
Newbie First Class

Tough to imagine this without Conroy and Hamill but it won't stop me from buying it. I wish we could've seen the continuation of some of the events in Arkham City.

RiddleMeThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #47
the5timechamp
Side-Kick

there is lots of rumors going around in regards to them trying to implement Mp..

Its feasible..start with Spies vs Mercs as seen in Splinter Cell, then Batman the experience (not just skins though, actual gadgets etc)

bats and robin(nightwing, catwoman, azrael, red hood) vs Mercs (hell make classes and have some of the comic baddies as characters).

the5timechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #48
borbon26
New User - Level 0

Thats very kool,cant wait.
Im new here and i was trying to post my first post and was not able any ideas.
I have something very kool to show you all it sits here at my body shop in Sacramento Ca.
Cheers,
Mario Borbon.

borbon26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #49
Raysculpt

Hey guys I'm new here and I am a big fan of Batman and the Arkham series, I'm a model builder and loved the vehicles in the game so much I decided to make them. I made the Arkham Batmobile and the Arkham Batwing they are pretty nice sized models when I'm allowed to I will post pics of them. I hope this new game has stuff that I can build! Lol.

Raysculpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #50
Lamborghini07
Newbie First Class

So conroy will be playing batman in an unannounced arkham game. Seems like it will most likely be next gen and a sequel to arkham city. Excited for both origins, blackgate and the unannounced one

Lamborghini07 is offline   Reply With Quote