The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2010, 12:54 PM   #1
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick
 
TheVelvetOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,233
Default The X-Men Franchise continued through TV series?

Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore, Aaron Stanford, Ellen Page, Ben Foster, Daniel Cudmore. - Most have not really gone into other movies since last stand. I'm just wondering, what if we had a "Mutant High" style tv series born off the back of the movies... See 20th Centry Fox could produce it. It wouldnt be like Heroes because these characters are fighting sociel issues and are already pre-exisiting. Plus we dont initially have to have all the above actor/actresses in the show but maybe some of them could turn up.

Think more like Smallville, Now hear me out with this we call it "Mutant High" - and follows the lives of six mutants (Friends) within the school. We take let's say Shawn Ashmore to return as "ICEMAN" i would also say Anna Paquin but she would probably be busy with True Blood. So instead we have Ellen Page return as "SHADOWCAT" - We then cast 4 lesser characters in there early years like "MIMIC, WOLFSBANE, HUSK & CANNONBALL" - The show would see them coming together and dealing with day to day life and the sociel issues they face everyday. We could also have the brotherhood, we have Aaron Stanford return as "PYRO" and have "AVALANCHE" to join the mix.

Id think it would be a pretty cool show because it could explore different areas of the x-men univerise that hasnt been explored yet in all four movies.

__________________
"Hmm, I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, and then... BACK OFF!"

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
Electrix
Side-Kick
 
Electrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 13,569
Default Re: The X-Men Franchise continued through TV series?

20th Century Fox are already working on a teenage-focused X-Men project. It's called X-Men: First Class. Plus, X-Men: Evolution already covered the 'Mutant High' stuff.

X-Men is movie material. Turning it into a TV show would just be a downgrade.

(PS. Ellen Page is probably too busy starring in $200+ million budget movies directed by Christoper Nolan to do TV work)


Last edited by Electrix; 02-24-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Electrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick
 
TheVelvetOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,233
Default Re: The X-Men Franchise continued through TV series?

X-Men is not just for movie material, X-Men has a vast area of development which can be shared between tv and movie.

I just wonder weather it would be better to have a somewhat after the events of last stand tv series. Where you follow some of the early twenties characters from the x-men world.

__________________
"Hmm, I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, and then... BACK OFF!"

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:21 AM   #4
AG1973
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 188
Default Re: The X-Men Franchise continued through TV series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVelvetOnion View Post
Anna Paquin, Shawn Ashmore, Aaron Stanford, Ellen Page, Ben Foster, Daniel Cudmore. - Most have not really gone into other movies since last stand. I'm just wondering, what if we had a "Mutant High" style tv series born off the back of the movies... See 20th Centry Fox could produce it. It wouldnt be like Heroes because these characters are fighting sociel issues and are already pre-exisiting. Plus we dont initially have to have all the above actor/actresses in the show but maybe some of them could turn up.

Think more like Smallville, Now hear me out with this we call it "Mutant High" - and follows the lives of six mutants (Friends) within the school. We take let's say Shawn Ashmore to return as "ICEMAN" i would also say Anna Paquin but she would probably be busy with True Blood. So instead we have Ellen Page return as "SHADOWCAT" - We then cast 4 lesser characters in there early years like "MIMIC, WOLFSBANE, HUSK & CANNONBALL" - The show would see them coming together and dealing with day to day life and the sociel issues they face everyday. We could also have the brotherhood, we have Aaron Stanford return as "PYRO" and have "AVALANCHE" to join the mix.

Id think it would be a pretty cool show because it could explore different areas of the x-men univerise that hasnt been explored yet in all four movies.
Hmmm That is not a bad idea. It's just crazy enough to work.

AG1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:43 AM   #5
the a1ant
Awesome
 
the a1ant's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 19,405
Default Re: The X-Men Franchise continued through TV series?

I always wanted to see 'Generation X' translated into a tv series. The tv movie in the 90's was pretty bad, though.

Hopefully one day there will be a young X-team series. It could be pretty successful if done right, and there are plenty of young mutant comic series to pull inspiration from.

I would prefer the tv series being separate from the movie-verse, though.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think 20th Century Fox doesn't owns any tv rights. I guess maybe Fox Television and Marvel could co-produce, but idk the legalities in all of that in relation to the films.

__________________
xmenfilms.wordpress.com

Last edited by the a1ant; 02-25-2010 at 12:06 PM.
the a1ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:23 PM   #6
Deaths Head II
The Sequel
 
Deaths Head II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,079
Default Re: The X-Men Franchise continued through TV series?

I don't think a X-Men tv series should be tied to the films. It'll just create too many complications when it comes to the lore and what villains they can use, etc. And I don't want them to cancel the film series for a tv series.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Ellis
Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:28 PM   #7
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick
 
TheVelvetOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,233
Default Re: The X-Men Franchise continued through TV series?

I've always thought a tv series would always complement a movie series... just look at the star trek. The wrath of khan came from the character being ready in the original star trek series. I think a tv series and movie universe could sit very close hand to hand.

It wouldnt be a problem for villians. - As Fox owns the rights to all x-men characters, Fox Studio can develope a movie and tv series at the same time and use whatever characters they want. The studio isnt tied like some of the others were, like sony with spiderman, 3 favorite villians, chamelon, kraven & mysterio could never appear in the spiderman movie series because of licensing. chamelon and kraven were earmarked for captain america movie, and mysterio was on stand by for a daredevil sequel and at the time both titled characters were owned by two different studios. It's different now because i think captian america is now with sony i think. but the point is fox can be creative and do both if they wanted.

I think it should be connect to the movie universe because you can explain alot more, the reasons and try to fix some of the problems that was left before. without having to make another movie to try and explain it.

So way i see it is you can have X-Men 4 and Mutant High as a tv series, which is a less grander scale story spread over 24 episodes.

__________________
"Hmm, I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, and then... BACK OFF!"

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #8
Piz
Blackbird Fly Away
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 137
Default Re: The X-Men Franchise continued through TV series?

If in the future if they do decide to do a TV Series, I don't think it should shadow any of the films. I think that they should just start over with a brand new slate of actors & actresses.

Piz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:58 PM   #9
Deaths Head II
The Sequel
 
Deaths Head II's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,079
Default Re: The X-Men Franchise continued through TV series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVelvetOnion View Post
I've always thought a tv series would always complement a movie series... just look at the star trek. The wrath of khan came from the character being ready in the original star trek series. I think a tv series and movie universe could sit very close hand to hand.
The tv show was made in the 60s, was canceled, and then the movie was made in the 80s as a continuation of the 60s show. That's not comparable at all to having a show and film series going on at the same time.

Quote:
It wouldnt be a problem for villians. - As Fox owns the rights to all x-men characters, Fox Studio can develope a movie and tv series at the same time and use whatever characters they want. The studio isnt tied like some of the others were, like sony with spiderman, 3 favorite villians, chamelon, kraven & mysterio could never appear in the spiderman movie series because of licensing. chamelon and kraven were earmarked for captain america movie, and mysterio was on stand by for a daredevil sequel and at the time both titled characters were owned by two different studios. It's different now because i think captian america is now with sony i think. but the point is fox can be creative and do both if they wanted.
First of all, I'm pretty sure none of that is true. Why would Kraven and Chameleon be earmarked for a Captain America movie and why would Sony have the rights now when Captain America is obviously being made by Marvel Studios? Why would they give Sony the rights to Captain America when they're currently trying to get back the rights to Spider-Man?

Second of all, Fox can't even plan out a film series properly. I don't trust them to plan out a tv and film collaboration. They'll probably cast some teen hearthrob as a major villain in the show and then they'll either have to recast for the movie or just have a mediocre actor playing lead villain for consistency's sake or something like that. They'll probably lack access to a lot of major film characters because they won't feel like showing up in a teen drama show. It would just make more sense to have the film and tv shows to be unrelated. You need a lot of planning to make something like that work and Fox didn't plan out the original trilogy nor have they even planned out the prequel trilogy (remember when X-Men Origins was supposed to be a line of prequels instead of just one prequel?).

Quote:
I think it should be connect to the movie universe because you can explain alot more, the reasons and try to fix some of the problems that was left before. without having to make another movie to try and explain it.
What does it matter? Expanded universe stuff never really made sense to me because it rarely gets brought up in the main story and even if it does, it's never significant. If something gets "fixed" in the show, it won't matter much in the films so all we'll hear is people saying make the movies more like the show with that never, ever happening.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Ellis
Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.

Last edited by Deaths Head II; 02-26-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #10
Doc Ock
1951-2014
 
Doc Ock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Oklahoma, US
Posts: 7,386
Default Re: The X-Men Franchise continued through TV series?

Um, a TV series continuing the films? Very cool, but unlikely.

__________________
The Winter Soldier - 9/10 | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - 7/10 | Days of Future Past - 9/10 | TMNT - ???? | Guardians of the Galaxy - ????
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:07 PM   #11
rainingcrow
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 212
Default Re: The X-Men Franchise continued through TV series?

Well I was floating this around as a reboot idea, but honestly I would love a total reboot of the franchise , thru a tv series tying in with the current marvel universe movies. (other shows have a list guest stars all the time... just imagine a rebooted x-men show announcing on their commercial "and this week robert downey jr guest stars")

It would kind of rock.

just a side note... If you saw season 2 of dark angel, and season one of heroes, then its easy to imagine a season one of a live action x-men.

anyway I have some casting pics selected and would post them here, but the direct download links are a bit large.

http://rainingcrow.deviantart.com/ar...ject-155570040

http://rainingcrow.deviantart.com/ar...eted-155816091

rainingcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:11 PM   #12
rainingcrow
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 212
Default Re: The X-Men Franchise continued through TV series?

Oops, forgot to put the "A" in caps in "A LIST"

rainingcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:38 PM   #13
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick
 
TheVelvetOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,233
Default Re: The X-Men Franchise continued through TV series?

Heres an idea...

"School For The Gifted"
> It's a new term at Xavier's school for the gifted. This is a new start for the school as it sees some of its former pupils become the teachers. Robert Drake, Katherine Pryde, join Sean Cassidy and head mistress Emma Frost. To teach the new generation of mutants. "Anole, Cipher, Dust, Graymalkin, Ink, Mirage, and Rockslide" in the first term you will follow there lives inside and out of xaviers school as they "Students and Pupils" try to live xaviers dream.

__________________
"Hmm, I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, and then... BACK OFF!"

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #14
rainingcrow
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 212
Default Re: The X-Men Franchise continued through TV series?

hmm, sounds sorta like gen x crossed with new x

rainingcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #15
TheVelvetOnion
Side-Kick
 
TheVelvetOnion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,233
Default Re: The X-Men Franchise continued through TV series?

I kind of figure it a mix of diagressi and heroes

__________________
"Hmm, I'm scheming. This is my scheming face. First I raise this eyebrow, and then... BACK OFF!"

"Ha Ha Last Laugh!"
TheVelvetOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:00 PM   #16
rainingcrow
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 212
Default Re: The X-Men Franchise continued through TV series?

I could see that... But to me that would be more like spiderman territory. I like the drama of x-men when its based around social commentary and life... I dont really get into teen drama, when its a bunch of bs, juvenille type stuff.

rainingcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:13 PM   #17
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,447
Default Re: The X-Men Franchise continued through TV series?

A TV series for X-Men could be really expensive and its better if they just focus on a 2-hour movie than focusing on a 13 to 22-episodes per season TV show.

But I would totaly love the idea of an live-action X-Men tv show!

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | WOLVERINE | PORTRAYED BY HUGH JACKMAN
"You called that a landing?" - X1
"I thought I was just an animal, with claws" - X2
"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.