The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #51
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

thats true her role may have been written to get around her pregnancy, if singer or someone wasn't given early notice of this then that would be unbelievably stupid

i doubt they will make storm pregnant though, seems abit desperate... like OMG WE NEED STORM IN THIS WHAT DO WE DO!!! I KNOW WE WILL SAY STORM IS PREGNANT!! OMG THATS GENIUS!!!

they may reduce the baby bump in post-production, close ups of berry, stunt girl, CGI mixing, im not quite sure what people are expecting

Old 04-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #52
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Yesterday in Brazil:

Old 04-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #53
Double B
Side-Kick

In comparison to this:

So with the right angles and the right clothing, hiding the bump should be fine.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:00 PM   #54
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

They could always say that Storm got fat in her old age, and maybe plump her up in other areas so that her bump isn't noticeable. Or wait until she's a bit more pregnant and it will look more natural without needing to resort to prosthetics or a fat suit.

After all, why should it be that Storm stayed slim all the time, especially if many years have passed. Did Kirstie Alley, Val Kilmer, John Travolta or William Shatner stay slim? In the Star Trek original series episode "The Deadly Years" when they projected how an old age Shatner would look, he looks completely different to how he actually looks at about that age. It didn't take into account putting on weight.

So Ororo Munroe could easily have let herself go.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:18 PM   #55
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
storm dies in dofp comic anyways lol
I hope they don't kill her .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
They could always say that Storm got fat in her old age.
LOL they are not gonna do that. And as if the characters in the movie care about their weight.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 04-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #56
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post

LOL they are not gonna do that. And as if the characters in the movie care about their weight.
Well they did that with Daphne (Jane Leeves) on Frasier one season when she was pregnant but they didn't want to write that into the storyline. They made it that she developed a problem with overeating.

And if characters in the movie don't care about their weight, then that's all the more reason they could let themselves go.

But I don't see Halle being up for looking fat. At least Gwyneth Paltrow was more of a sport.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #57
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Well they did that with Daphne (Jane Leeves) on Frasier one season when she was pregnant but they didn't want to write that into the storyline. They made it that she developed a problem with overeating.

And if characters in the movie don't care about their weight, then that's all the more reason they could let themselves go.

But I don't see Halle being up for looking fat. At least Gwyneth Paltrow was more of a sport.
They did it with January Jones on Mad Men as well back when she was pregnant.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 04-13-2013, 08:36 AM   #58
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
They did it with January Jones on Mad Men as well back when she was pregnant.

She looks very obviously pregnant. The clothes don't help, as her sweater ends just where the pregnancy bulge starts - made more conspicuous by the lighting. The look of a bulging waistline (and being overweight in general) is very different from a pregnancy bump.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #59
JP
Smelly

January Jones actually wore a fat suit on Mad Men while she was pregnant. She was only actually pregnant for 2 episodes that season.

Last edited by JP; 04-13-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #60
BMM
Side-Kick

Haha. Good luck, Louise Mingenbach. You have your work cut out for you, now.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #61
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
She looks very obviously pregnant. The clothes don't help, as her sweater ends just where the pregnancy bulge starts - made more conspicuous by the lighting. The look of a bulging waistline (and being overweight in general) is very different from a pregnancy bump.
Well some women do look pregnant when in fact they're just fat and have a pot belly. It's always a tricky issue to ask them when they're expecting in case they get insulted.

As for Halle, maybe the best thing would be a fat suit though that doesn't show any discernable bump. If they filmed her now when she's still relatively slimmer, that could be the future scenes where she's restored back to her normal self. Then when she gets more pregnant, this could be the dystopian future where she has let herself go and put on weight.

It would at least add to the impact of showing how deteriorated things have become. Of course, other X-Men would need to have various problems too (eg drug addiction, alcoholism, homelessness etc) so that it's not Storm who is the only one.

I don't think they'd go down this route, but it would be more daring if they did, and would take the X-Men movies into more adult themes and territory.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:39 PM   #62
BMM
Side-Kick

I disagree. I think it's just going to come off silly if Storm is turned into an over-eater.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #63
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
I disagree. I think it's just going to come off silly if Storm is turned into an over-eater.
You don't need to show her constantly snacking and stuffing herself. She just needs to be shown as fat (and not ridiculously so), and the audience can just assume the rest for themselves as to how she became that way. We're not talking about Shallow Hal comedy territory here where she dives into a pool and all the water splashes out, or she sits on a bench and it breaks.

I'm just thinking of a way to make lemonade out of a lemon, because since Halle is obviously pregnant now and may look more so, then why not use it to the story's advantage?

Old 04-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #64
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Pretty sure Dark Raven is joking.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #65
BMM
Side-Kick

I hate the internet.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #66
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

A fat Storm would be hilarious. Imagine the fan reaction to that...and how Halle would moan and complain. That would fuel the Storm hate for another 10 yrs!

Old 04-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #67
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
They could always say that Storm got fat in her old age, and maybe plump her up in other areas so that her bump isn't noticeable. Or wait until she's a bit more pregnant and it will look more natural without needing to resort to prosthetics or a fat suit.

After all, why should it be that Storm stayed slim all the time, especially if many years have passed. Did Kirstie Alley, Val Kilmer, John Travolta or William Shatner stay slim? In the Star Trek original series episode "The Deadly Years" when they projected how an old age Shatner would look, he looks completely different to how he actually looks at about that age. It didn't take into account putting on weight.

So Ororo Munroe could easily have let herself go.

Are you being facetious are serious? If you're joking, then okay... I guess. But if your post is meant to be serious, I must say it's dripping with copious amounts of ridiculousness. No offense.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #68
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Haha. Good luck, Louise Mingenbach. You have your work cut out for you, now.
This is actually my biggest concern regarding Halle filming while pregnant.

Mingenbach has to be one of the most uninspired movie costume designers working today. I'm really worried she's going to take this as an opportunity to drape Halle in awfully printed mumu and caftan style dresses.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #69
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post

Mingenbach has to be one of the most uninspired movie costume designers working today. I'm really worried she's going to take this as an opportunity to drape Halle in awfully printed mumu and caftan style dresses.
That actually sounds perfect for Storm.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #70
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post

I couldn't agree more. Louise is just...terrible. She's the only costume designer I know that can take women as extraordinarily gorgeous as Halle, Famke and Anna and make them look so bland and tepid. And it's not just the clothes....even their make-up is flat and boring.

I was already prepared for her costuming of Storm to be effed up. But I'm afraid that she simply won't know what the hell to do with Halle is preggers mode...I'm expecting something frumpy and shapeless.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #71
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

While Halle is pregnant, why spend money on a costume when wearing a canvas tent will do?

Old 04-13-2013, 03:32 PM   #72
Lightning Strykez!

Case in point. Bad wig. Unflattering outfit. And once again, the "non-make-up" look.

Boring.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 04-13-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #73
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
That actually sounds perfect for Storm.
In more capable hands, I would agree. But that woman just doesn't know how to dress Halle (or Anna and Famke for that matter).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
I couldn't agree more. Louise is just...terrible. She's the only costume designer I know that can take women as extraordinarily gorgeous as Halle, Famke and Anna and make them look so bland and tepid. And it's not just the clothes....even their make-up is flat and boring.

I was already prepared for her costuming of Storm to be effed up. But I'm afraid that she simply won't know what the hell to do with Halle is preggers mode...I'm expecting something frumpy and shapeless.
Exactly! She has a style sense that is just not right for big-budget movies. She should be costuming bad syndicated television shows like Relic Hunter hahaha.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #74
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Was she pregnant too?

Old 04-13-2013, 03:38 PM   #75
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
Was she pregnant too?
No, that's just the costume designer's idea of what a modern career gal should look like.

Here's another example:

GAWD. The jacket doesn't even fit.

Closed Thread