The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Old 06-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #26
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Default Re: Why do you hate the patriots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
Wait, how are you no longer a Jets fan. You go home with the date you brought!!!
Well, Raiders were actually the first NFL team I rooted for, but I decided to shift my support to the Jets after Raiders left Los Angeles, and since I used to live in New York I thought that Jets would be a good team to root for. It was also the time when Bill Parcells became the head coach of the team so it made my decision easier. But recently I decided that I wanted to support more local teams over teams from places like New York, and because L.A. still doesn't have a NFL team yet, I became a Raiders fan again.

I'm trying to do the same for MLB but it's hard to give up on the Yankees because I have cheered for them since '88, and Don Mattingly was/is my favorite baseball player, so I'm rooting for both Yankees and Angels at the same time.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:42 PM   #27
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortalfire View Post
Mark Sanchez probably stole Raiden's woman.
Yeah, I just can't forgive Sanchez after he took Kate Upton away from me. The bastard!

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 06-15-2012, 12:43 PM   #28
Cody2575
Side-Kick

Is anyone interested in a 04-05 Eagles team signed helmet?

Cody2575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:15 PM   #29
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Well, Raiders were actually the first NFL team I rooted for, but I decided to shift my support to the Jets after Raiders left Los Angeles, and since I used to live in New York I thought that Jets would be a good team to root for. It was also the time when Bill Parcells became the head coach of the team so it made my decision easier. But recently I decided that I wanted to support more local teams over teams from places like New York, and because L.A. still doesn't have a NFL team yet, I became a Raiders fan again.

I'm trying to do the same for MLB but it's hard to give up on the Yankees because I have cheered for them since '88, and Don Mattingly was/is my favorite baseball player, so I'm rooting for both Yankees and Angels at the same time.
Even if I moved away from the tri state area, I'd never support a "local" team over the teams I supported since I was younger.

Old 06-15-2012, 03:25 PM   #30
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Quote:
Even if I moved away from the tri state area, I'd never support a "local" team over the teams I supported since I was younger.
Well,
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
since you're from New Jersey, it makes sense that you'll continue to support NY/NJ teams even if you move away from your city. But I was living in LA before I temporarily relocated to NY and then back again after a few years, so my hometown is actually Los Angeles, therefore it feels kind of odd rooting for New York teams right now. I actually begin to think about rooting for local teams after we had kids in recent years, and I wanted my kids to grow up to not just rooting for local teams, but also teams that I support. But I cannot do that while cheering for Jets and Yankees, that's why I'm beginning to shift my alligance for teams that are closer to LA.

Going from Jets to Raiders was an easy decision, since Raiders was the first NFL team I support and LA still doesn't have their own team yet, so I feel comfortable making this move. Yankees is a harder team to give up, because I started to watch MLB games when I was living in Brooklyn, and I never rooted for LA Angeles of Aneheim before, so right now I'm just gonna support both teams instead of giving up on Yanks.

Putting spoiler tags on in case nobody else wants to read them.

Last edited by Raiden; 06-15-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #31
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Why not root for the Dodgers? Donnie Baseball is the manager?

Old 06-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #32
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Quote:
Why not root for the Dodgers? Donnie Baseball is the manager?
Yeah, I've been thinking about that, too, since I still think Mattingly is still the greatest Yankees player I've ever seen. It might make the transition from NY to LA alot easier.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #33
Dethroned

I don't hate the Patriots but I certainly don't trust them either. They just seem to be too good at what they do and that smells fishy to me.

Dethroned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:53 PM   #34
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

While I'll agree that Brady is typically a class act and I'll occasionally root for the Pats if I need them to knock out some team I hate (the Ravens) or an overrated hack who is riding a wave of media hype (Tebow), I can just as easily find legitimate reasons to hate the Patriots.

Examples:

- Cheating. Regardless of whether "every team does it," the fact is, we KNOW the Patriots did it, and would still be doing it, had they not been caught.

- I'll give Belichick a pass since he is actually a brilliant coach, but they REHIRED Josh McDaniels, the biggest f***ing douchebag to ever stand on the sidelines of professional football.

- Every season, I have to hear the talking heads on ESPN and NFLN go on and on and on and on and on about "The Patriot Way" and how the Patriots "whip controversial players into shape." Yeah, they really have a powerful influence, don't they? Just look how well it worked on Albert Haynesworst.

- Robert Kraft had Rush Limbaugh in the owner's box with him at the Super Bowl. That alone should earn him a special place in hell.

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #35
MoPlaYa
Crazy Guy

Im a Saint Louis Rams fan so I can never forgive them for "Spy Gate". So yes Ill always hate the Pats!

Old 06-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #36
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post

- Robert Kraft had Rush Limbaugh in the owner's box with him at the Super Bowl. That alone should earn him a special place in hell.
Kraft and Rush are friends. Kraft was invited to Rush's wedding. They both own property in Palm Beach. They became better acquainted when Rush was considering buying the St Louis Rams. This doesnt mean they see eye to eye politically as Kraft has given money to both parties and Gov Deval Patrick (D) is a close friend.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:47 PM   #37
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

The fact that anyone would even associate with a turd like Rush--regardless of political ideologies--makes me want to throw up.

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #38
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

Giants fan here.

I love'em.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
KalMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #39
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post

- I'll give Belichick a pass since he is actually a brilliant coach, but they REHIRED Josh McDaniels, the biggest f***ing douchebag to ever stand on the sidelines of professional football.

Todd Haley would like a word with you..... He also requested that you bring a sixer of Smirnoff Ice.

Old 06-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #40
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

I hate the Patriots because of Spygate, and because I felt they were totally classless leading into the Super Bowl against the Eagles.

But since losing 2 Super Bowls to the Giants, and the Tom Brady injury, I feel like "karma" got them, and balanced everything back out, so while I don't particularly like the Patriots, I don't hate them anymore.

I even rooted for them in this past Super Bowl. Although it helps that I'm a 49ers fan and will never forget what happened in the NFC Championship Game...

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #41
roach
I am the night

How were they classless leading up to the Eagles SB??

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-29-2012, 03:33 AM   #42
Kelley

I think there could be lots of reasons behind that but I do love them and they are lovely persons.

Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #43
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
How were they classless leading up to the Eagles SB??
I remember hearing a whole lot of **** talk coming from them leading into that Super Bowl, as well as throughout that post-season. They used the "disrespect" card way too liberally, even though nobody was disrespecting them. They were crapping all over Peyton Manning and the Colts (that was the year Peyton Manning broke the TD record), and they were incredibly obnoxious during the Super Bowl itself, mimicking the Eagles "wing" dance, and taunting them after pretty much any catch. I cheered for them during the Rams Super Bowl, and while I did root for the Panthers, I had no beef with the Patriots then, but during that run towards the Eagles Super Bowl, I found them to be incredibly obnoxious and classless, and that's what turned me off to them.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:59 PM   #44
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
I remember hearing a whole lot of **** talk coming from them leading into that Super Bowl, as well as throughout that post-season. They used the "disrespect" card way too liberally, even though nobody was disrespecting them. They were crapping all over Peyton Manning and the Colts (that was the year Peyton Manning broke the TD record), and they were incredibly obnoxious during the Super Bowl itself, mimicking the Eagles "wing" dance, and taunting them after pretty much any catch. I cheered for them during the Rams Super Bowl, and while I did root for the Panthers, I had no beef with the Patriots then, but during that run towards the Eagles Super Bowl, I found them to be incredibly obnoxious and classless, and that's what turned me off to them.
I think you are mistaking Patriots fans with the Patriots. They don't **** talk. I seem to recall Belichick not starting Wes Welker because he took to Twitter to talk smack. I own that SB on dvd and have watched it several times. I am a Pats fan and I lived in Jacksonville at that time. There was no taunting.

Old 07-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #45
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

I'm a Saint Louis fan but I love the Pats and really being a huge real life Patriot I just love that the Massachusetts team, birth place of the American revolution, has that name for them. Also I was born and Mass and raised in STL, so I am allowed to root for both. I own a Brady jersey and drafted him the past two years in Fantasy all the while the fact that he is literally history walking is awesome.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Hush is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #46
Big Green
Side-Kick

Robert Kraft and CBS seem like they are in cahoots. I got so sick of seeing the CBS president holding hands with Mr. Kraft.

Big Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #47
WalkingDeadMike
#KNICKSTAPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by braincrusher View Post
Brady is a true class act
Bulls**t, Brady is a douchebag.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 07-12-2012, 12:23 PM   #48
Ilayda
Banned User

Well, my husband is from mass. So he and all his friends are a big fan of RED SOX. But I honestly like the patriots. Its because they are stronger and they win all the time. Red Sox and its fans stucked with the idea cursed team redsox. They believe since that story(Im not writing here, assuming everybody knows it) they cant win the game...I think they just need to work harder and be stronger. Thats it. So I dont hate Patriots. I also dont hate Redsox either... Good luck for both teams

Last edited by Ilayda; 07-27-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Ilayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:47 AM   #49
Parker Wayne
I have an army, of Batmen

Quote:
The Fans.

Prior to 2001, Patriot fans were nowhere to be seen, it was pretty much a Red Sox town.

I personally started disliking the Patriots, when a "Yankees" chant broke out after their first Super Bowl win. Yes, a baseball chant during a celebration of a football victory.

But in the end, teams can be disliked for the following reasons:

A) Divisional/Town Rivals (Steelers-Ravens, Giants-Jets)
B) Obnoxious Fans (Philadelphia, New York)
C) Hated players (Lebron, Vick, Roethlisberger)
D) Too Much Winning (Yankees, Patriots, Lakers)

I'm sure after winning 3 Super Bowls, no one outside of the New England area wanted to see the Patriots win their 4th.

Other reasons, Bellichick is just a smug ass in most of his interviews. Maybe he does this on purpose. "We made some plays. They made some plays. But their plays were just a little more playier."
Erz pretty much said it perfectly; the fans are pretty annoying (though they're nowhere near Philadelphia bad), especially all the bandwagoners who aren't even from the New England area who suddenly decided their patriots fans.

Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:30 AM   #50
johnrain
Side-Kick

Dislike New England due to:

1. The Tuck Rule where the Raiders were robbed
2. SPygate
3. Brady abandoned Bridget Moynahan for Giselle.

johnrain is offline   Reply With Quote