The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 12:53 AM   #801
majcvd49
New User - Level 0

Default Re: The Official Batman Forever Thread - Part 2

Has anyone here actually seen the deleted scenes from Forever that didnt make the 2005 Special Edition dvd? Like the scene where Riddler knocks out Chase with the syringe towards the end, pictured here on the trading card set:

http://batmancity.over-blog.com/arti...-77188888.html

Old 04-01-2013, 04:55 AM   #802
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

I remember this because I used to have stickers that included with the book as well. How come this in the special edition?

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Old 04-02-2013, 02:09 AM   #803
OutRiddled
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
I saw an episode of Pawn Stars where someone brought in the pop-up riddle with the knights, swords and stuff. Up close, it really looked quite macabre compared to the lighter feel of the film. Riddler's "A God am I" was great; everytime I see this, I see soooo much potential wasted.
Frank Gorshin is The Riddler, no question. Jim Carrey was being Jim Carrey (a criticism often levelled at Jack Nicholson's Joker which just isn't true).

Old 04-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #804
theman
Banned User

what exactly is wrong with carrey being himself? he like all the other actors put a lot of himself into the role which fits the character great. I cant even imagine riddler any other way. jack still defines the joker for me.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #805
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Yeah i love Jim Carrey in movies been himself and that's rare talent to have these days. Not many people can be themselfs and be character as well.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #806
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

The Batman Forever panther suit would have looked awesomem without the nipples, ans if Kilmer could have moved his head.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #807
OutRiddled
Banned User

I watched this again last night. This movie is truly the zeitgeist of 90's pop culture.

I like how the movie starts - it's like BAM!.. here's Batman getting ready then BAM! here's Two-Face.. no time for exposition, just a short speech to establish the character, then it jumps straight into the action. It's for hyper 5 year olds but at least it's entertaining. Then you have Nicole Kidman bearing cleavage with the saxophone music playing and all of this fetish stuff coming into it. This movie has something for everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman View Post
what exactly is wrong with carrey being himself? he like all the other actors put a lot of himself into the role which fits the character great. I cant even imagine riddler any other way. jack still defines the joker for me.
I can only take his performance in small doses. I am glad that he didn't appear as the Riddler until halfway through the film, otherwise it would have been too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
The Batman Forever panther suit would have looked awesomem without the nipples, ans if Kilmer could have moved his head.
Honestly, I never cared about the nipples. I don't get what's the big deal about them.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:18 AM   #808
jacobed
Banned User

Joker was definintely Nicholson just being himself unchained basically same with Carey. Did anyone catch Kilmer on Life's Too Short, man alive its funny

Old 04-10-2013, 05:24 AM   #809
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
I watched this again last night. This movie is truly the zeitgeist of 90's pop culture.

I like how the movie starts - it's like BAM!.. here's Batman getting ready then BAM! here's Two-Face.. no time for exposition, just a short speech to establish the character, then it jumps straight into the action. It's for hyper 5 year olds but at least it's entertaining. Then you have Nicole Kidman bearing cleavage with the saxophone music playing and all of this fetish stuff coming into it. This movie has something for everybody.

I can only take his performance in small doses. I am glad that he didn't appear as the Riddler until halfway through the film, otherwise it would have been too much.

Honestly, I never cared about the nipples. I don't get what's the big deal about them.
I love opening sequence, Bruce suiting up one of the best scenes then fires up the Batmobile. We see Two-Face holding a cop in the Second National Bank of Gotham. Classic!

Old 04-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #810
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
I love opening sequence, Bruce suiting up one of the best scenes then fires up the Batmobile. We see Two-Face holding a cop in the Second National Bank of Gotham. Classic!
Agreed.

P.S Am I who liked the BF Batmobile?

Old 04-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #811
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

No I liked it... It's not an absolute favourite but it works very well in the film.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Last edited by Pfeiffer-Pfan; 04-13-2013 at 09:42 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #812
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
No I liked it... It's not an absolute favourite but it works very well in the film.

Same and same. I was very young at the time, so it was quite a thing seeing 'a new Batmobile!'.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:48 AM   #813
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

My favourite is still the Burton Batmobile though... I list them as:

1.) Burton Batmobile
2.) TAS/TNBA Batmobile
3.) 60's Batmobile
4.) The Tumbler
5.) Forever Batmobile
6.) Batman & Robin Batmobile

And the rest.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 04-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #814
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:

I remember this. I actually had one that I cut one out from a newspaper. It had Peter Travers and another critic praising it. It was so long ago. I think I lost it or accidentally threw it away.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #815
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
My favourite is still the Burton Batmobile though... I list them as:

1.) Burton Batmobile
2.) TAS/TNBA Batmobile
3.) 60's Batmobile
4.) The Tumbler
5.) Forever Batmobile
6.) Batman & Robin Batmobile

And the rest.
in my opinion, the tumbler is cool, but bruce and fox should have put bat-fines on it, too give it more of a batmoblie look.

Old 04-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #816
OutRiddled
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by majcvd49 View Post
Has anyone here actually seen the deleted scenes from Forever that didnt make the 2005 Special Edition dvd? Like the scene where Riddler knocks out Chase with the syringe towards the end, pictured here on the trading card set:

http://batmancity.over-blog.com/arti...-77188888.html
I had almost the whole set of those cards, but not that one. The embossed shiny ones and the holographic cards looked awesome. I especially loved all of the Two-Face cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two-Face View Post
Yeah I love that. You don't have to wait until the movie is almost over before seeing Two-Face. I call TDK mainly a Harvey Dent movie. Batman Forever is a Two-Face movie and you get to see him terrorising Gotham and laying traps for Batman.

That's why, unlike others, I like Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face and always will.

Quote:
Agreed.

I love it, it's very sleek looking.

Batman & Robin had way too much glowing colours and lights which at least fit in with all the neon.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #817
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Which BF Batsuit does everyone like better, the "panter" suit or the "sonic" suit?

Old 04-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #818
titansupes
Side-Kick

^ I would've liked the panther suit more if they didn't have the nipples (of course), and if it was overall a little less 'muscled', particularly the abs section. It just seems a little too 'sexy' for Batman. Other than that, it's very good, I think. (And Kilmer's eyes are too close together and make him look distractingly cross-eyed, but that's not the suits fault).

I like the sonar suit, too. I'd be interested to see what that would look like in black. (And this goes for the panther suit too, without the cape clasps).

Old 04-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #819
OutRiddled
Banned User

The panther suit looks awesome, it's like an updating of Michael Keaton's suit from Batman '89. Except it looks far more sleeker.

The nipples never bothered me, so I don't understand the nerd rage over that at all.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:05 AM   #820
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:

Holy crap. It's unbelievable, the immediate rush of nostalgia just from seeing this newspaper ad.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 04-16-2013, 10:08 AM   #821
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Agreed.

It was the first one I saw in a theme park so yeah I have soft spot for it I like it.

Quote:
Which BF Batsuit does everyone like better, the "panter" suit or the "sonic" suit?
I like the panter suit a lot and the sonic suit looks too shiny for my liking.

I loved other vehicles in the film like the Batwing and the Robin uses the Batboat.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #822
Drizzle
Bangarang, Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Holy crap. It's unbelievable, the immediate rush of nostalgia just from seeing this newspaper ad.
I'm getting it from the Warner Bros Studio Store tag at the bottom. Remember those? There were in a ton of shopping malls. Now they only exist in the Six Flags parks.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #823
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
I'm getting it from the Warner Bros Studio Store tag at the bottom. Remember those? There were in a ton of shopping malls. Now they only exist in the Six Flags parks.
Oh yeah, for sure. I used to always beg to go in there when I was at the mall with my mom. I remember seeing the Batman & Robin trailer for the first time on one of the big screens in a WB Store. And thinking it looked...awesome!

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 04-17-2013, 08:11 AM   #824
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruerToTheCore View Post
You are such a falsifier. Your blog is worthless. Your selective reading is astonishing.

Your blog is full of ridiculous **** like

- Catwoman has always been portrayed as supernatural. Then you show a comic with a similar scene from the comics but you don't tell the readers that in this story Catwoman actually changed the bullets for blankets...

- the Joker is a notorious skirt-chaser (story taken out of context again) because he did in one story so Batman 89 is accurate.
[...]

Your page is full of this ****.

Please stop blogging. You just give people wrong ideas. Very wrong ideas.

Fact is, personality-wise Batman 89 and Batman Returns are SO wrong. But Batman not doing a bat silhouette in Batman Forever makes the character inaccurate. Heh.

I don't know.. are you doing this on purpose or do you just see the world in a very filtered manner?
I admit there are aspects of that blog that stretch certain similarities, but you're the opposite extreme. You're such a comic purist you fail to realize that the comics are anything but pure, that there's inconsistencies in characterization and details, that they change, that the Batman of today is not the Batman of 1939 and the character's core was not always about his no-kill rule. Not even the Nolan films adhered to it completely.

Last edited by Lead Cenobite; 04-17-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #825
StarLord
Tech Noir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyCage View Post
Meanwhile, George Clooney played.. George Clooney. He didn't even bother.
''Hi Freeze...I'm Batman.'' Lol.

Worst. Ever.

Closed Thread