The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Upcoming Batman Solo Movie

Old 04-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #151
The Techno Bat
Side-Kick

Default Re: Which villain(s) should the reboot start with?

As for a Main Badguy to start off the reboot with, hmmmmm I really want them to start off with a Heavy Hitter and it doesn't get any Bigger and Badder than The Joker. I know he's been done, and as great as Batman Rogue's gallery is, THE BEST IN COMICS!! I say go with what works and that is The Clown Prince of Crime himself. And bring in Harley Quinn with him to give it a different dynamic

I would love to see The Penguin used in a small role throughout the entire reboot series. You could have most of his scenes at The IceBerg Lounge, to really establish a Gotham City Landmark in the Batman films other than Wayne Manor/Enterprises & The BatCave.

The Techno Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #152
GregComicFan
movie and comic buff

I really want to see a Batman film where all the villains already exist. I'm tired of the superhero formula where there is only one or a certain collection of villains attacking the city per film. This is done in EVERY SUPERHERO MOVIE.

I'd like the next Batman movie to show Batman in a world where it is clear that there are threats everywhere.... no more villain origins. Write a story like the Arkham City videogame where multiple villains are involved... no origins, they already exist, and none of them die or are killed off...

Basically, I'm tired of Batman movies where Batman is having "first-time-meetings" to his villains. I want a Batman movie where Batman already fully knows who Joker, Killer Croc, Two-Face, Penguin, Catwoman, Manbat, Clayface, Riddler, etc already are, he's fought them all already...

So not every villain needs to be in the movie, but villains not shown on-screen can be referenced, or acknowledged, so Batman's world can finally feel FULL, and TEEMING with a collection of adversarys.

Nolan seemed to want to fill Batman's world with interesting characters, but he still killed Ras, Two-Face, and the Joker disappeared....

GregComicFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:46 PM   #153
The Villain
Side-Kick

This version of the Mad Hatter & Black Mask or just The Penguin.

The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #154
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregComicFan View Post
I really want to see a Batman film where all the villains already exist. I'm tired of the superhero formula where there is only one or a certain collection of villains attacking the city per film. This is done in EVERY SUPERHERO MOVIE.

I'd like the next Batman movie to show Batman in a world where it is clear that there are threats everywhere.... no more villain origins. Write a story like the Arkham City videogame where multiple villains are involved... no origins, they already exist, and none of them die or are killed off...

Basically, I'm tired of Batman movies where Batman is having "first-time-meetings" to his villains. I want a Batman movie where Batman already fully knows who Joker, Killer Croc, Two-Face, Penguin, Catwoman, Manbat, Clayface, Riddler, etc already are, he's fought them all already...

So not every villain needs to be in the movie, but villains not shown on-screen can be referenced, or acknowledged, so Batman's world can finally feel FULL, and TEEMING with a collection of adversarys.

Nolan seemed to want to fill Batman's world with interesting characters, but he still killed Ras, Two-Face, and the Joker disappeared....
This is exactly what I want to see in this series. It should start off a couple of years into Batmans journey, but he's met almost every villain and character. Dick Grayson hasn't arrived in his life yet, and maybe 1 key villain like Hugo Strange, inside Arkham, is somebody he hasn't been exposed to yet but everyone else have their origins behind them.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #155
Rodrigo90
Hip To Be Square

Some villains should already exist. But not all.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #156
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

I just hope they don;t do Joker right away.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #157
Rodrigo90
Hip To Be Square

They should mention him. Subtly building up to his reappearance.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:55 AM   #158
Lamborghini07
Newbie First Class

It would be cool to have joker as a new villain being caught whose actually masterminding everything with some lower level goons, croc etc. later to see joker escape like arkham asylum. But it should be a toned down joker, perhaps a schizo who was causing madness at a hospital.

Lamborghini07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:04 AM   #159
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Riddler for sure.

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:32 AM   #160
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamborghini07 View Post
But it should be a toned down joker
How exciting. Just the breath of fresh air we need.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #161
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #162
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Hahaha exactly we don't need joker now as the main villain for a 3rd movie. Lets start off with someone else.

Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:42 AM   #163
shauner111
Side-Kick

Riddler or Penguin.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:45 AM   #164
TX85
Jolly

Thumbs up Re: Which villain(s) should the reboot start with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Some villains should already exist. But not all.
Yup,I want some big super villains even from the rogue's gallery already existing and referenced as Arkham inmates or known most wanted criminals on the loose!!

Old 04-29-2013, 12:50 AM   #165
VM1138
Side-Kick

Mr. Freeze seems a good choice to me. He's not a rehash of anything (other than the godawful B&R movie) and has an intriguing backstory. It's also fanciful enough to differentiate the movie from Nolan's, but could be done in a grounded enough way to still be in a serious comic movie.

Plus, it challenges Batman's notions of black and white good guy/bad guy that the movies have gone for thus far (Other than Dent and maybe...maybe Ra's).

Riddler could be fun, but might be too Joker-like. Unless he is a co-villain. Black Mask could be interesting, but Mad Hatter seems too ridiculous and too much like Scarecrow.

VM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:29 AM   #166
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

A Nolanized Jervis Tetch, played by Jackie Earle Hayley would be creepy as F.

An expert neurotechnician hired by Hugo Strange to perform experiments on Batman, while he takes notes about his psyche.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:32 AM   #167
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I just hope when they finally do this 3rd series of Batman films. I want it to be close to the comics, I want the tone to be lighter so I could enjoy the movies and yet they are still good. I hope they'll reach the 5th film.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:19 PM   #168
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Pedophile and obsessed with Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter. So you can have both Detective Batman and go indepth with the psychology of the Mad Hatter.

And i would like to see Black Glove at some point, Dr Hurt driving Batman insane. Have a build up. Hints like Zur En Arrh graffiti in the first film, introduce Dr Hurt in the second one as a good guy with a plan and have the third film climax with Batman's fall in insanity. It has never been done before in film. You have both Joker and an original bunch of Villains and a new girl (Jazebel Jet).

NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #169
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Pedophilia is wayyy too dark for a Batman movie imo

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #170
regwec
Shakespearo

I would love to see Andy Serkis as The Mad Hatter, in live action for once. He can be a creepy little fellow.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #171
shauner111
Side-Kick

Don't think we'll be seeing Dr. Hugo Strange simply because Marvel will be releasing their Dr. Strange movie in the next couple of years. I would go with Christoph Waltz though.

Man-Bat, Killer Croc, too much like Lizard. We saw that in the Amazing Spider-Man. No need to see something similar in a Batman movie just a few years later.

Riddler, Penguin, Black Mask, Mr. Freeze & Court Of Owls should be the only options for WB, for the first couple of movies.

Can't kick off the reboot with a winter theme, because we just had that with Rises. So Freeze will have to be saved for one of the sequels. Black Mask could work as a side villain but not a main one right away...why? Will audiences accept another obscure villain (to a general movie-goer)?? One that has a mask covering their face where he has an even more limited use of his expressions. Just the voice and movements. At least Bane can use his eyes and physicality.

That leaves me with Riddler/Penguin/Court Of Owls.

Maybe Court Of Owls falls into that Black Mask category. Maybe it will remind people of the League of Shadows? Depends on how it's presented of course.

So it traces back to Nigma and Cobblepot. It's a good start anyway because everyone and their grandmother knows who they are. Marketing is easy.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #172
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I wish people would get off that Court of Owls bandwagon, it was a story that started well and plummeted, and Scott Snyder still puts out mediocrity after mediocrity. It was a story that had potential that turned into the lesser turd brother of near enough the exact same storyline that ran 1 year prior to it.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #173
regwec
Shakespearo

I like the Court of Owls a lot. It was soon forgotten after "The Death of the Family", though.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:00 AM   #174
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Haley and Serkis are two really good choices for Hatter as two posters mentioned, I could totally see it.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:24 AM   #175
multipleman
Newbie First Class

I thought the nolan universe was quite spot on, it would be terrible to take it into a different direction.

However what i would do for a reboot is as follows...

I would have two transformations occure, Bruce/Wayne becoming batman and learning what lengths he must go through. Roman Sionis becoming black mask which is caused by the actions bruce does as batman. So these two would be friends by the first movie - enemies by the end. In the 3 films i would then fill them with villains that would fit the story, maybe in the first movie i would introduced The Pengiun as a mobster supplying weapons around gothum city. Id also have a second villain Posion Ivy whom would be altered to be a serial killer who poisions her victims... Kind of figured that it would be good to have Batman follow the same areas a police station would like vice/homocide...etc to show his detective skills. In the second film id team The Riddler and Mr.Freeze - however The Riddler seeks only to outsmart Batman (like how The Joker just wanted to bring chaos to gotham) The Riddler's role really is to antagonise Batman because he cant easily solve his case and so he has to really use his mind to catch him... However you also have the main villian Mr.Freeze which would be quite a different version of Mr.Freeze. Think, Mr.Freeze inspired by tv show Dexter and the movie SAW. Essentially a serial killer who is on a bit of a revenge kick because of his wife and how a wayne enterprise cut the funding and he blames them...etc. By the 3rd Movie you then have The Black Mask reveal himself as a villain but what i thought could be interesting is to take well i call them the lesser favourite villains and make them into some form of Mob group that works for the Black Mask, something like Ventriloquist, Mad Hatter, Killer Croc they wouldnt be anything like there counter part on tv or comics but just an achowledgement to them exisiting...

multipleman is offline   Reply With Quote