The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

View Poll Results: Rate the NEW costume...
Best Spidey costume yet! 105 52.50%
Slightly better than Raimi's costumes 36 18.00%
The same as Raimi's 36 18.00%
Worse than Raimi's 6 3.00%
Worse than the first ASM's costume 17 8.50%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #601
Resistance61513
Side-Kick

Default Re: Rate the NEW ASM2 costume!!!

Honestly, I'm still on the fence about the new costume. While it is comic accurate...etc etc, it looks too similar to Raimi's. And while Raimi did have a phenomenal iteration, the Amazing Spider-Man suit grew on me. I personally like that suit more than the original design.

A lot of people talk about the design/the flow of it being horrendous. That the designer didn't know what she was doing. Personally...I think she knew exactly what she was doing. That costume contoured perfectly with Andrew's physique. It kind of felt like a MODERN Spider-Man costume.

I will say though, the costume was far from perfect. I personally didn't like how the web pattern wasn't consistent through out. That was one of the only gripes I had with the costume. The leg stripes grew on me as well.

Personally, I think Nathan had the right idea. They should have taken the original suit and modified it to look more "classic". I think the texture of the Amazing Spider-Man suit is what I find most appealing. Sure people can say "It looks like a basketball" but honestly, the fine details are something that made it stand out. The new texture for the new suit is kind of bland. It doesn't "pop" like The Amazing Spider-Man suit.

Granted, all we do it have spy photos. I'm going to refrain from making a final judgement call.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #602
storyteller
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
The new suit;s griwing on me. I just wish they would have made the webbing on the suit was flat and black.
Yeah that's never going to fly. Flat will make it a Halloween costume. The webbing is just not going to work flat. It works in the comics because they can play with the lighting.

Black is never going to really happen because it's a smooth raised black surface. Light is going to reflect on of it.

I think the eyes on the new costume were a mistake. They look really hoaky. They could have kept the size but I think they should have been like the lenses of the first suit.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:30 PM   #603
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

I think the eyes are perfect. They sell the overall look to me more than anything else. They should have been that way all along.

I'd mention my personal preference for armpit webbing, but that's just cue the usual mob to come in and tell me how wrong I am for thinking it looks cool. Screw me for having an opinion, rite?

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #604
mayo23
Side-Kick

I hope there's no complaining from those who wanted bigger lens. Judging from all of those manips with excessively large eyes (way bigger than what we have), they got what they wanted now.

Personally, I would've preferred if they were a bit smaller because at this point, they definitely straddle the lines of becoming too cartoony. At the right angle and profile, they look good but the frontal shots really look too large imo.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #605
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

I wouldn't mind armpit webs, but they aren't too practical.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #606
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo23 View Post
I hope there's no complaining from those who wanted bigger lens. Judging from all of those manips with excessively large eyes (way bigger than what we have), they got what they wanted now.

Personally, I would've preferred if they were a bit smaller because at this point, they definitely straddle the lines of becoming too cartoony. At the right angle and profile, they look good but the frontal shots really look too large imo.
yeah i am a bit concerned he won't look too good from all angles. the semi-focused pic behind the max dillon reveal pic didn't look too great. it didn't look bad either, but yeah...

note: the pic behind max may be an artist interpretation and not an actual photo of spider-man, so who knows.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 04-22-2013, 03:05 AM   #607
Sachiel

I'm actually quite fond of the new costume. Love the large eyes. Reminds me of Ultimate Spider-Man.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:12 AM   #608
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Probably the filmmakers didn't bother to look at all angles. I bet it didn't even occur to them to try out different shots.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:42 AM   #609
mayo23
Side-Kick

The most obvious angle to look at the suit would be from the front. I mean, seriously...But other than the front which I find questionable, the mask looks good from all other angles.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:53 AM   #610
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
The new suit;s griwing on me. I just wish they would have made the webbing on the suit was flat and black.
it is black

Old 04-22-2013, 07:07 AM   #611
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

It's not flat though, which I don't mind considering it would look too homemade.

Old 04-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #612
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
And it wasn't even that ugly. Come on, does this seriously look so bad? I think it looks great. All that was needed for the sequel were a couple of tweaks here and there.

I prefer this design to the original IMO. It is a beauty. It just looks so sleek.

Everything about it worked. Well, I do have issue with the leg strips, but I got over it by the time the film came out.

IMO, if you compare the set pics of both this costume and TASM2's costume, I think the TASM suit come out on top.

If this had the belt, no silver trim and no leg strips, I honestly think you would not have as many complaints about it. But that's just an opinion.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #613
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegger56 View Post
If this had the belt, no silver trim and no leg strips, I honestly think you would not have as many complaints about it. But that's just an opinion.
The belt and leg stripes were the only elements I didn't like about it.

Although after seeing the new eye lenses I choose to dislike these retroactively.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #614
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

The TASM had too much little things wrong with it for me to really accept it. Frankly I'm grateful that they decided to go for a much better looking suit.

The only thing I'd say the TASM suit has above the new suit is that the material of the new suit looks a bit cheap. Both the TASM suit and the Raimi suit looked like it was made of a sturdier material.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #615
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
The TASM had too much little things wrong with it for me to really accept it. Frankly I'm grateful that they decided to go for a much better looking suit.

The only thing I'd say the TASM suit has above the new suit is that the material of the new suit looks a bit cheap. Both the TASM suit and the Raimi suit looked like it was made of a sturdier material.
What bothered you about the TASM suit in particular if I may ask?

I actually think, from the set pic, this suit looks inferior (and those bigger eyes... they look goofy to me).

Old 04-23-2013, 07:14 PM   #616
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegger56 View Post
What bothered you about the TASM suit in particular if I may ask?

I actually think, from the set pic, this suit looks inferior (and those bigger eyes... they look goofy to me).
Changes. Any changes.

But seriously. My main gripe were those tracksuit style lines on his legs. The lack of a belt which to me exaggerated the the length of the red part on his chest and abs. The web pattern on the head part of the costume was too grid-like and the added flourishes on the boots just seemed superfluous. Plus the colours were a bit too dull. The eyes didn't bug me so much, but I wouldn't have went with them either.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #617
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Changes. Any changes.

But seriously. My main gripe were those tracksuit style lines on his legs. The lack of a belt which to me exaggerated the the length of the red part on his chest and abs. The web pattern on the head part of the costume was too grid-like and the added flourishes on the boots just seemed superfluous. Plus the colours were a bit too dull. The eyes didn't bug me so much, but I wouldn't have went with them either.
lol. Fair enough dude

My only gripe with the costume personally was the leg strips. The rest I loved. The thinner red on the torso and thinner arm strips, the segmented gloves (my favourite) and the sporty looking boots.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #618
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
And it wasn't even that ugly. Come on, does this seriously look so bad? I think it looks great. All that was needed for the sequel were a couple of tweaks here and there.

I think it looked phenomenal. Even weird stuff like the blue fingers grew on me towards the end. And that blue... the way it integrates the spider legs into the edge of the red chest area... Sigh. You will be missed.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 04-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #619
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
I think it looked phenomenal. Even weird stuff like the blue fingers grew on me towards the end. And that blue... the way it integrates the spider legs into the edge of the red chest area... Sigh. You will be missed.
lol. It was actually the way the blue was incorporated into the gloves which was one of my favourite bits. Most of what the TASM costume did I thought improved over the classic design.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #620
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

New pics tweeted from the set today

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 04-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #621
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyman123 View Post

From the general discussion thread.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #622
nbanflguy
Side-Kick

Was a fan of the ASM suit, but these new pics are beautiful

Old 04-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #623
AF3619
WOOO!

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 04-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #624
Visualiza
What is a yout?

I'm sold on the costume with the new pics, looking good. Can't wait to see it in motion.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #625
storyteller
Side-Kick

I take back what i said about the eyes. LQ pictures really suck for this costume. The eyes become too white and the material of the costume becomes too shiny. In HQ alone everything works. With a little post this thing kicks ass. The costume has once gain been perfected. If you have issues now, you just don't like Spider-man.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
Closed Thread