Dillon Panthers

Default Re: Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 6

Yeah, it is.

Tim_Riggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:33 AM   #27
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

I like the trailers music esp towards the end, I find it does the same job as the original score and that is to give the audience a sense of ''hope''.

Kaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:38 AM   #28
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Wonder why its not up on the Man of Steel main website yet, last time I was able to trailer 2 to my phone from there so I'm hoping I can do the same.

BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:41 AM   #29
4NutzinYoface
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
I really like it too. It's uplifting and hopeful AND powerful all at the same time.

I also think this trailer has resonated so powerfully with the masses today because of what happened yesterday. I was just checking reactions on AICN and everybody loves it. And Harry had a good point: "And I think today, we all kinda wish for indestructable children - and the idea that just one could become SUPERMAN... well that's a helluva thing."
Uplifting and powerful indeed, good call

Also your avatar brings me much delight lol..it's rather hypnotizing

4NutzinYoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:43 AM   #30
4NutzinYoface
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentdemon View Post
Felt compelled to post after years of not being active on here. Amazing trailer, blew me away. Still hate the costume and some of the casting choices but I'm very optimistic now that it will be a truly great Superman film.

LoL same exact deal for me! I haven't been on the Hype Boards for a looong time! But it was that beautiful red flowing cape and symbol of hope that brought 4Nutz out of hibernation!!

...huh...still can't believe I chose that as my screen name lol...seemed like a good idea at the time.

4NutzinYoface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:43 AM   #31
JackL
Side-Kick

Some can post the trailer in HD for download? This trailer deserves 1080p

Nevermind. Got it

http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/m...ILER4-1080.mov

Last edited by JackL; 04-17-2013 at 03:52 AM.
JackL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 03:52 AM   #32
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentdemon View Post
Felt compelled to post after years of not being active on here. Amazing trailer, blew me away. Still hate the costume and some of the casting choices but I'm very optimistic now that it will be a truly great Superman film.
Just curious, do you hate the costume as a whole, or is there a specific portion you dont care for?

TDK elbowstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:10 AM   #33
Naite22
Side-Kick

All that "giant octopus" talk and strange things that is seen in the trailer... I think all of that is gonna take place on Krypton. But can't be sure.

Naite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:13 AM   #34
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
All that "giant octopus" talk and strange things that is seen in the trailer... I think all of that is gonna take place on Krypton. But can't be sure.
I doubt it. In the trailer, we get a pretty clear shot of what looks like Krypton exploding and Superman is pretty clearly visible in the giant octopus shots.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:14 AM   #35
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Wow and as much as I'm rooting for IM3 to do amazing (Shane Black deserves all the money he can get to make whatever the hell he damn pleases) I honestly think this trailer outclassed everything superhero related this year.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Sharkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:15 AM   #36
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
I doubt it. In the trailer, we get a pretty clear shot of what looks like Krypton exploding and Superman is pretty clearly visible in the giant octopus shots.
Crossing fingers that it plays out well!

Naite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:17 AM   #37
LeMartien
Side-Kick

Zod is prisoner by whom ?

LeMartien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:41 AM   #38
Ita-KalEl
Side-Kick

Very beautiful trailer. Well made because it doesn't show too much. After it I want more, that it is what a good trailer should do.

The good thing is that more I watch it, more I like it, while the Superman Returns trailer impressed me at first, but then I found it, every time, a bit more underwhelming.

Ita-KalEl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:50 AM   #39
DerSpider-Boy
T.u.f.k.a. Goran

Do we already know the trailer music?
Or is it Zimmer's score?

I'm loving it! It gives me the shivers!

Kaya Scodelario for Mary Jane Watson!!
DerSpider-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:01 AM   #40
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goran View Post
Do we already know the trailer music?
Or is it Zimmer's score?

I'm loving it! It gives me the shivers!
It's Zimmers score, It is rather good isn't it? The drums get me everytime, that there is war drums, supes gonna open a can of whoop ass.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Sharkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:15 AM   #41
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

It's funny, I was talking to my friend yesterday, and I was saying to him that it's interesting how Man of Steel isn't coming out that much later than Iron Man 3, but compared to the latter film's almost blanket coverage, with multiple trailers and TV spots and preview clips of whole scenes released online to the point where you practically know the outline of the whole film, Man of Steel has played it's cards relatively close to its chest. If you think about it, there's a lot we really don't know about the film and its story, with the previous trailers doing a great job at conveying mood and tone while giving away very little plot-wise beyond first act stuff. And I said to my friend that I liked it like that, and my anticipation for Man of Steel already eclipsed Iron Man 3 (which I'm also looking forward to), and all this movie needed now - especially after that cryptic viral video of Zod - was one final trailer filled with high-octane action and epic, sweeping scope, while still giving away relatively little of the plot, in order to achieve a marketing home run. Then this comes along and the deal is sealed.

There's the action and scope, alright. But there's also more of that heart and emotional wallop that I think is going to be the film's true calling card. And it could also be what elevates Snyder, as up until now he's made films that look very pretty but lack that crucial heart. The moment with Kevin Costner choking up as he says, "You are my son," had me with a lump in my throat. Everything is just hitting the right notes. Much like Batman Begins found a way to restore the traumatic impact of the murder of the Wayne's after us almost being numbed to it with how often we've seen it played out in the iconic characters' history, here we feel the resounding sense of loss in the destruction of Krypton, we get that human connection of loving parents sending their child away, never to see him again. Superman himself, often (unfairly) dismissed as unrelatable and boring, here feels relevant and compelling, as much like Begins made Batman the most interesting character in his own film at last by making us care for Bruce Wayne, this film seems to be getting us inside the head of Clark Kent. I'm a big fan of Michael Shannon already, and his Zod seems suitably menacing. And kudos to giving Lois Lane some agency beyond "pushy career woman" and actually have her embarked in a seemingly long-term pursuit of Superman across the world, trying to find the truth of who he is. It creates a fascinating new wrinkle in the Clark/Lois relationship.

So yeah, I'm onboard. The media blitz may get come, it probably will. But if we got this trailer, and then a media blackout beyond TV spots just using footage from existing trailers, I'd be fine with that. I want to see this opening day, on IMAX, please.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:38 AM   #42
Tequilla
Side-Kick

It isnt a particularly well made trailer (the music , how long it is , the structure , etc) . It also shows clearly we are definitely in Snyder's boundaries of filmmaking , which the other trailers kinda masked.

But looking at all the crap the genre is situated (and will be in the future) , this surely looks way more promising.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:38 AM   #43
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ I don't know, I thought the Rorshach death scene was pretty emotional. But in terms of consistency, this film might be Snyder's best.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #44
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

The difficult thing with any Zack Snyder trailer is that it's not the best gauge of the quality of the film, as by now it is clear that Snyder makes AMAZING trailers, but the films themselves don't really match up to them.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:58 AM   #45
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Lunar_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:01 AM   #46
batman1115
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
The difficult thing with any Zack Snyder trailer is that it's not the best gauge of the quality of the film, as by now it is clear that Snyder makes AMAZING trailers, but the films themselves don't really match up to them.

Totally agree. Style over content. It seems the best stuff will be the Kent family stuff.

batman1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:01 AM   #47
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I love the scope and epicness of it. That's what Superman Returns should have been.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:11 AM   #48
vanson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post
It isnt a particularly well made trailer (the music , how long it is , the structure , etc) . It also shows clearly we are definitely in Snyder's boundaries of filmmaking , which the other trailers kinda masked.

But looking at all the crap the genre is situated (and will be in the future) , this surely looks way more promising.
the trailer isnt made by snyder.. there are houses that do that.. he maybe has some input but mostly thats all marketing...

i love that trailer.. it doesnt give anything away.. most of it is clearly act 1 etc,

vanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #49
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

So does everyone else like the small changes made t clips that were shown previously before? Things like:

1. Snowflakes being added to the shot of Clark trying to Hitchhike a ride from the passing truck.

2. A less saturated color scheme to the shot of Superman and Zod colliding at each other next to a building, with Zod's CGI double actually extending/raising his fist at Superman upon near collision.

3. The overall brightened color scheme to the footage.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:16 AM   #50
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
He does make the best trailers. Watchmen with Smashing Pumpkins is one of my all time favourites and there were loads of great 300 trailers. And his Superman trailer is better than quite a few of the later Superman films in their entirety. If it can live up to this it might become my favourite Superman film.