SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - Part 11

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 04-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - Part 13

Well, this explains the posters.

I honestly don't know what to think right now, and it isn't in a good way.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
protocida
Side-Kick

Indeed he is.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I'm happy as a clam about the twist. It satisfies the complaint I had when we initially started to doubt Mandarin's place in the movie.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #6
DN91
Star-Spangled Man

A question...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
What happens with the Iron Patriot armor by the end? Does Rhodey keep it or something?

Old 04-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #7
T"Challa
Side-Kick

I don't know what people are so worried about. Apparently the twist was worked in very well and the reactions we are getting about the movie are through the roof..lol.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #8
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
^ But it isn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
Not quite. Talia was presented as one of the good guys all the way till the very end. Killian is clearly made out to be a dude with ulterior motives from the get go. He works with the Mandarin throughout the movie. The audience knows he's bad. They just didnt know how high up on the food chain he was.
Ok just in case you haven't seen it.

Batman Begins was a wonderful little masterpiece that came out a good 8 years ago. The plot twist involved Liam Neeson, who played henri ducard the man who trained Bruce Wayne for the League of Shadows, an eastern terrorist organization of revolutionaries, in the end he shocked us all by revealing himself as the REAL Ra's Al Ghul, head of the league of shadows, the fake one was played by the wonderful Ken Watanabe.

So yeah...pretty similar. Not that it's a bad thing...it's all about context and how well Shane nails the scene (which i know he will because he is amazing)

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 04-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #9
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
I don't know what people are so worried about. Apparently the twist was worked in very well and the reactions we are getting about the movie are through the roof..lol.
Because I have my own brain and can work this out without being told what to think?

Old 04-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #10
DarthDaveBanner
Side-Kick

Daaaamn that twist kind of depresses me......Mandy is one of my fave villains and I from the trailers I thought we were getting an awesome interpretation of him.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #11
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post

I'm behind you on this. Sort of bummed...a lot. Oh well, on to Thor: The Dark World.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #12
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Ok just in case you haven't seen it.

Batman Begins was a wonderful little masterpiece that came out a good 8 years ago. The plot twist involved Liam Neeson, who played henri ducard the man who trained Bruce Wayne for the League of Shadows, an eastern terrorist organization of revolutionaries, in the end he shocked us all by revealing himself as the REAL Ra's Al Ghul, head of the league of shadows, the fake one was played by the wonderful Ken Watanabe.

So yeah...pretty similar. Not that it's a bad thing...it's all about context and how well Shane nails the scene (which i know he will because he is amazing)
Yeah, i acknowledged my error already. No need to be dickish about it. yeesh

Old 04-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #13
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I'm behind you on this. Sort of bummed...a lot. Oh well, on to Thor: The Dark World.
I am sure the movie is going to be good, but I am having a hard time imagining this working for me. I don't want to leave the theater with a sour taste in my mouth.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #14
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

So wait, if neither Killian nor whomever Kingsley's character really is, aren't The Mandarin, does that mean the REAL, alien tech-super powered rings having Mandarin is still out there?

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 04-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #15
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDaveBanner View Post
Daaaamn that twist kind of depresses me......Mandy is one of my fave villains and I from the trailers I thought we were getting an awesome interpretation of him.
Same. It's kind of the same problem with Bane in TDKR, they build up this great amazing villain, only to find out he's just another henchmen in an inferior villain's plot. Not that Pearce will be inferior, but Kingsley seems to have such a knockout performance

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 04-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #16
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
thats the only thing keeping me happy so far...but kingsley did such a good job at portraying Mandarin so far..

oh well still excited for the movie

Old 04-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #17
DarthDaveBanner
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Same. It's kind of the same problem with Bane in TDKR, they build up this great amazing villain, only to find out he's just another henchmen in an inferior villain's plot. Not that Pearce will be inferior, but Kingsley seems to have such a knockout performance
I know right? Seems like everyone spent so much effort creating a compelling Mandarin for today's world, using iconography from loads of different cultures but its all a red herring. I wouldn't mind if the twist was Killian was in league with Mandy, but to have Iron Man's greatest villain be a pawn of a guy that appeared in 2 panels in the comic?

Old 04-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #18
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Yeah not to be a buzz kill but i tend not to listen too much to anyone's reactions straight after a screening, I thought Iron Man 2 was an excellent film on my way back home from the cinema the dangers of the post screening bliss. Anyway I still have hopes and expectations that the Shane black humour and action will make this the best Marvel Studios film yet.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #19
xeno000
Raining hell from above

I'm going to have to abandon this thread. Although I know/suspect most of the twisty stuff I have no desire to see it hashed and rehashed, even with spoiler tags. Fans have a habit of deciding that something is awful without even seeing a movie, myself included. So I'm not indulging in that this go-round. With all but a few reactions being incredibly positive, I'm confident that the film is great.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #20
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
I know right? Seems like everyone spent so much effort creating a compelling Mandarin for today's world, using iconography from loads of different cultures but its all a red herring. I wouldn't mind if the twist was Killian was in league with Mandy, but to have Iron Man's greatest villain be a pawn of a guy that appeared in 2 panels in the comic?
Arghhh...stop it, now you are making me hate it more and I haven't seen the damn thing yet. I mean Kingsley looks so so SO good in the role.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #21
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Well it's helpful that these reactions are more "Shane Black & RDJ bring wit and gravitas to the film, that feels like a big budget, scrappy 80s action flick in the best possible way" and less "LOL IM3 ROCKED MY BAWLZ 15/10 !!"

I'll trust some of the early reviews on that basis.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #22
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post

Quote:
maybe it'll be a double type thing, who knows. But these people just saw the movie. Fiege did say we have to see the movie a few times to catch onto things. So maybe somehow there are hints to there being more to mandarin than we think.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #23
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Well it's helpful that these reactions are more "Shane Black & RDJ bring wit and gravitas to the film, that feels like a big budget, scrappy 80s action flick in the best possible way" and less "LOL IM3 ROCKED MY BAWLZ 15/10 !!"

I'll trust some of the early reviews on that basis.
That alone hypes me to all hell on the film.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #24
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Same, love the Lethal Weapon comparisons

Old 04-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #25
DarthDaveBanner
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
maybe it'll be a double type thing, who knows. But these people just saw the movie. Fiege did say we have to see the movie a few times to catch onto things. So maybe somehow there are hints to there being more to mandarin than we think.
I hope so. Why just copy the Batman Begins twist when they could put a new spin on it?