The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Old 04-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #201
Pink Ranger
TV Poster, Radio Face

Default Re: Han Solo Will Return

JJ needs to make "wookiee sack of ****" into the script somehow.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:39 PM   #202
Solouk
Side-Kick

I don't wanna see a goody goody, noble Solo. Make his history since Jedi that things didnt work out with him and Leia. They had kids and things were good for a while but life is life and it didnt last. I want to see him as a grizzled old smuggler making his living in the underworld on Correlia. Kinda of like a Tom Highway (Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge) type character. They search him out to help with the new crisis and after a while him and Leia (after initial hostility) realise they still love each other. Throw the kids into the mix aswell and you've got a great sub plot!

Solouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #203
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solouk View Post
I don't wanna see a goody goody, noble Solo. Make his history since Jedi that things didnt work out with him and Leia. They had kids and things were good for a while but life is life and it didnt last. I want to see him as a grizzled old smuggler making his living in the underworld on Correlia. Kinda of like a Tom Highway (Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge) type character. They search him out to help with the new crisis and after a while him and Leia (after initial hostility) realise they still love each other. Throw the kids into the mix aswell and you've got a great sub plot!
Idk that might be a little too much like what happened between Indiana and Marion in Crystal Skulls. I do like the idea of him still smuggling tho. If the Star Wars Reclamation stuff is anything to go on Leia is busy with running a government in between ROTJ and VII so things could be tense in the marriage but I think they will still be together.

And lmao off at "wookie piece of ****"! I want that in VII somewhere. One thing I loved in abram's star trek was the jibes at Spock: "green blooded hobgoblin" "pointy eared bastard". I would like some stuff like that in VII.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 04-18-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:16 PM   #204
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
JJ needs to make "wookiee sack of ****" into the script somehow.
I sure hope so. I was laughing my ass off.

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #205
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Idk that might be a little too much like what happened between Indiana and Marion in Crystal Skulls. I do like the idea of him still smuggling tho. If the Star Wars Reclamation stuff is anything to go on Leia is busy with running a government in between ROTJ and VII so things could be tense in the marriage but I think they will still be together.

And lmao off at "wookie piece of ****"! I want that in VII somewhere. One thing I loved in abram's star trek was the jibes at Spock: "green blooded hobgoblin" "pointy eared bastard". I would like some stuff like that in VII.
I probably should post that in the general news thread, but the Reclamation project was already debunked by Lucasfilm, so it's not real.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:26 PM   #206
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Quote:
I’m hearing that Inside Llewyn Davis star Oscar Isaac is in line for a major role, as is Adam Driver and Attack the Block’s John Boyega, both of whom have been rumored. There is also a young girl, and that might be Maisie Richardson-Sellers, an Oxford-trained actress whose casting has been rumored in recent weeks. The new cast members will join returning Star Wars alums Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill. The big surprise, I’m told, is that Ford has a gigantic role in the first of the next three films. Disney hasn’t been commenting on any of this, and today’s no different. Stay tuned.
http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/star...r-john-boyega/

Quote:
The proud dad says Daisy is already developing a close working relationship with her most famous co-star.

“She came home and said she’d had coffee with Harrison Ford and he said, ‘Don’t call me Mr Ford! Call me Harrison’,” said Chris.

“He’s a very sweet guy, though he looks terribly grumpy. She said he looks much better than he does in films and he’s a much nicer guy.”
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/s...ridley-3481110

Click image for visual guide.

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 05-01-2014 at 06:06 PM.
MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:34 PM   #207
paladinryan
Clumsy as he is stupid

The question is, will Admiral Solo be flying the Millenium Falcon anymore? I'm guessing it now belongs to one of the younger characters and he has a capital starship. Or maybe the MF is in mothballs and will be dragged out halfway through the film.

paladinryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:49 PM   #208
Lobo
Willa ♥

Nah Han ain't giving up that ship until he's dead. I do see a younger character (Gleeson's) eventually inheriting it, though.

Old 05-01-2014, 05:49 PM   #209
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Whatever the case, it's probably back...

2013-09-04 (_) Movie Cricket - Female Jedi For Star Wars 7! (Chiang and McCaig hint at Millennium Falcon)
2013-09-11 (_) Latino Review - J.J. Abrams Building ‘Star Wars’ Production Spaces In L.A. (Millennium Falcon)
2013-11-27 (_) Yahoo! Contributor Network - Star Wars Rumour: Millennium Falcon already built? (Millennium Falcon)
2014-02-18 (_) Den Of Geek - Exclusive: Star Wars: Episode VII, Indiana Jones 5 update (Millennium Falcon)

Quote:
Part 3: You know who will be in #StarWars? Everybody's favorite Millennium Falcon. Lifesize. With smuggler's hatches.

28 April 2014
https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/460944841556242432 (THR's Borys Kit)

Old 05-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #210
Raven X
Nevermore

if Daisy's character is Han's daughter, in addition to being a force sensitive/Jedi, do you think she should have piloting skills like her dad?

Disney Lover!!
Raven X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:07 PM   #211
sueb1863
Side-Kick

Han might have a 'gigantic' role but I suspect that Ford insisted he get his wish and be killed off at some point, maybe in the first movie. It might have been a condition for him to come back. He always seemed sort of sore that Lucas wouldn't let him get killed in RotJ.

sueb1863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:11 PM   #212
paladinryan
Clumsy as he is stupid

My guess--Han is an admiral, and he and Leia have not let Ridley become a Jedi. Then Han dies heroically at the end of Episode 7, pushing Ridley to her destiny.

paladinryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:15 PM   #213
Raven X
Nevermore

Quote:
Originally Posted by paladinryan View Post
My guess--Han is an admiral, and he and Leia have not let Ridley become a Jedi. Then Han dies heroically at the end of Episode 7, pushing Ridley to her destiny.
yep.

Disney Lover!!
Old 05-02-2014, 07:46 PM   #214
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Entertainment Weekly senior writer Anthony Breznican's "Details about Star Wars: Episode VII script"

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmenter...ode-vii-script

Quote:
[FAST TRANSCRIPT]

"...I've heard a little insight from people behind the scenes—It's super locked down—The script is locked down. But as I've tried to talk to people and get some insight—and the last thing I want to do is spoilers—I'm not gonna—If I knew who a certain character is...I'm not going to ruin that. I can wait on that. I'm kind of curious more how the team came together and so forth. But I have heard it's not just a case of these veteran Star Wars actors popping in for a two minute cameo. That Harrison Ford's Han Solo is one of the leads of this story. And I think Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill, their characters are more supporting, but also significant in the way that Alec Guinness was a supporting character...but vital. Not just a throwaway cameo—they pop in and wave—you know, play a Stormtrooper or something so joke. But Han Solo, Han Solo I think he is the most important of all the Star Wars characters. The story isn't really about him though. He's just such an important piece because he's the one who casts a little side-eye toward all of these proceedings. And that justifies it. So we're running around with a space ape in a big spherical battlestation that's floating out there and zapping planets and you've got an old man in a robe who's talking about some mystical unseen entity that controls all matter and spirit...and like, you've got a guy in there going 'ah, come ooooon. like.....uhhh' [laughter] 'Oh, please! like....'

"That's the insight I have, is Episode VII—this is a Han Solo story. And it's about the next generation, which I think is appropriate. This is the story of life—as we get older we hand the reigns to the generation that comes after us, and control of the galaxy...is no different! [laughs]. I hope that they manage to put some heart into this story, some resonance that was always embedded in the early Star Wars movies...even if we didn't realize it."
Quote:
Entertainment Weekly - 'Star Wars: Episode VII': Harrison Ford and Han Solo bury the lightsaber -- ESSAY

Even more significant, Han Solo won’t just be a walk on. While Hamill and Fisher will boast strong supporting parts, Ford will join three of the young stars as one of the leads in the story, according to several sources close to the film. Bonus points to any one who gets to say to him, “She’s fast enough for you, old man.”
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/05/0...htsaber-essay/

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 07-27-2014 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #215
Octoberist
point blank

Magnar, remember when you said about enticing Ford back to the franchise if he was under specific demands?....

Old 05-02-2014, 09:12 PM   #216
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Hmmm...what did I blabble on about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat
Ford could have played hardball and got his part beefed up, thus triggering a tweaking of the script. Not saying that actually happened.

For all the times I make fun of him for being in the "sleepy grandpa" phase of his life, he has a lot of clout in Hollywood. Much more than Fisher or Hamill. He is a historical mega star.

People are already speculating on twitter that it's his/Leia's offspring/descendant of Anakin Skywalker that's the protagonist. If that's the case I'd rather it's a daughter and not Mutt Williams 2.0.

I just want this casting secrecy business to be over with.

April 28, 2014 (after the Deadline Ford role "gigantic" story and the night before the casting reveal)
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=858

Old 05-02-2014, 09:13 PM   #217
Octoberist
point blank

You must be a wizard.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:34 PM   #218
Raven X
Nevermore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
You must be a wizard.
nay.......Magnar is a Jedi!!

Disney Lover!!
Old 05-03-2014, 12:09 AM   #219
titansupes
Side-Kick

Mangar? That wizard's just a crazy old man.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:53 AM   #220
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Well, that was just a hypothetical scenario regarding Ford. I didn't really commit to it!

Hoping for the best, despite my reservations. Hope it pays off for the family drama aspect of Star Wars. Kind of unexpected but people like Ford.

When Chloe Moretz was interviewed last year, she said she'd rather play the daughter of Han Solo in Star Wars than Luke Skywalker because Han Solo was way more badass and cooler. I think women in general over the years embraced Ford more than Hamill.

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 05-03-2014 at 02:00 AM.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:18 AM   #221
sueb1863
Side-Kick

I'd bet money right now that Han dies in no. 7. If I had any!

sueb1863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:53 AM   #222
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
I think women in general over the years embraced Ford more than Hamill.
Literally and figuratively.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:09 PM   #223
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Some Harrison Ford/Indiana Jones trivia:

"In the beginning it was a daughter [Indiana Jones] didn't know about. And I thought that'd be a great thing. Stephen [Spielberg] actually didn't like that idea. So David [Koepp] revisited the idea again as a son. And then this time we approached it, when then he sort of said...'Ok'." --George Lucas on Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (on disc documentary)

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 08-10-2014 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-05-2014, 03:21 AM   #224
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Other blasts from the past

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter - Star Wars: How Writers Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg Will Expand the Galaxy
2012-11-28
Borys Kit
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ar-wars-394910

Quote:
Entertainment Weekly - 'Star Wars' spin-offs: A young Han Solo movie, and a Boba Fett film -- EXCLUSIVE
2013-02-06
Anthony Breznican

Several sources close to the projects confirmed this was the direction the development was taking, although each cautioned it’s still very early in the process and, well, the deal could always be altered futher. Lucasfilm and Disney declined to comment on the information.

The Han Solo story would take place in the time period between Revenge of the Sith and the first Star Wars (now known as A New Hope), so although it’s possible Harrison Ford could appear as a framing device, the movie would require a new actor for the lead — one presumably much younger than even the 35-year-old Ford when he appeared in the 1977 original.
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/02/0...vie-boba-fett/

Quote:
JoBlo - EXCLUSIVE: TIMELINE FOR STAR WARS FILMS THROUGH EPISODE IX AND MORE ON THE SPIN-OFFS AND NEW ANIMATED SERIES!
2013-06-19
Paul Shirey

Next, our source indicated that the first two STAR WARS spin-off films would, in fact, be for Han Solo and Boba Fett, respectively (as previously rumored). The Solo film will focus on Han and Chewy’s relationship, potentially on how they met and became partners on the Millennium Falcon.
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/excl...-the-spin-offs

Quote:
Bleeding Cool - Disney Describe Their Star Wars Spin-Offs As “Origin Story” Films, Casting For Young Han Solo Underway
2013-09-12
Brendon Connelly

The studio’s chief financial officer Jay Rasulo was making a promise to investors that there would be a new Star Wars movie every year when, according to Variety, he said that the off-years between saga instalments would play host to:

origin story films

Heavily rumoured, never previously the subject of official comment, I believe. Not just spin-offs, but origins.

Apart from what Rasulo said and Variety quote, I understand that casting for a young Han Solo has been happening for a few months now, alongside the casting for Episode VII. A basic description of the character – about as useful as “Han Solo, but young” – was created, agencies listed the role as a situation vacant and actors started to get in line. I don’t know if anybody has read for the role yet, but if they have, it was under an even heavier veil of secrecy than the saga casting is hiding. My best guess is that the filmmakers are very, very early in the process and just rounding up some candidates for now.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/09/...solo-underway/

Perhaps it was all along it was preferred for Ford (and the Solo family) to have a big role in Episode VII. Synergy.

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 05-05-2014 at 04:12 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 01:36 PM   #225
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Quote:
BBC News - Tanks and hunks bring chaos to Cannes Croisette

Ford's involvement in the franchise coincides with his return to the resurgent Star Wars series, which began shooting in the UK this week.

"I'm just delighted to be involved," he said of JJ Abrams' as yet untitled sequel. "We have a great script and a wonderful cast.

"JJ is a director at the top of his game and I'm looking forward to it," the actor continued.

The 71-year-old would not be drawn, however, on whether his Han Solo character would return in future Star Wars movies, feigning deafness when pressed by this British reporter.
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27462865
(My note: Actually began filming in Abu Dhabi last week)

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Press Release - Star Wars VII: Viewers most excited to see return of Harrison Ford (69%)

According to the latest YouGov Omnibus survey, news that the next Star Wars movie will feature cast members from the original trilogy has struck a chord.

Harrison Ford and Han Solo are favorites

Americans who stated they were likely to watch the new movie were most excited to see the following original cast members return to the set:

Harrison Ford (69%)
Carrie Fisher (50%)
Mark Hamill (48%)

Asked their favorite character, renegade Han Solo proved to be the most popular:

Hans Solo (19%)
Luke Skywalker (13%)
R2-D2 (12%)

Han Solo was particularly popular with the avid fans at 23%.

Note on Methodology

Total sample size was 1141 adults for fieldwork undertaken between 9th - 12th May 2014, and 1106 adults for fieldwork undertaken between 2nd - 5th May 2014. The survey was carried out online. The figures have been weighted and are representative of all US adults (aged 18+).
http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwgeek...rd-69-20140519

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 05-20-2014 at 10:13 PM.