The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 04-18-2013, 01:05 AM   #126
Harry_Lime02
Concerned Citizen

Default Re: Surivor: Caramoan - Fans vs Favorites 2!

That was awesome! It still kinda feels like a missed opportunity from Malcolm and the boys though. They didn't really try to use the idols as leverage at all, and if they hadn't been so dead set on voting Phillip out for being a dick, they would've found half the tribe was willing to take out one of the real threats Andrea and were stopped from doing so by seating positions. Had Dawn/Brenda been sitting next to Cochran/Erik, I'm pretty sure Andrea would've gone.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:19 AM   #127
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

lol the power of seating at tribal council.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:33 AM   #128
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Best episode of the season so far!

I hope Dawn wins!

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:58 AM   #129
PemLam
I'll be the judge of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post

I hope Dawn wins!
The only way that useless moron survives is to be used as the lameduck 3rd person at the final tribal.

When she wasn't cowtowing to Phillip by running back to him with every bit of information she could, she was suffering one emotional breakdown after another for the most idiotic reasons imaginable. Hyperventialating and saying you're leaving because of a ******** retainer?! Seriously? She's a waste of flesh and in now way deserves to even go to the final 3.

PemLam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #130
Quasar
Side-Kick

Yeah, what was Dawn doing anyway? Was she drinking water out of the bay? I'm thinking, 'Geez, just calm down. Stay low key, run back to the camp and grab the goggles, and go look for the damn retainer.' She's freaking out because she doesn't want everyone to know. Guess what, Dawn? NOW EVERYONE KNOWS!

Tribal council was really good, right up there with the one where Parvati pulled out 2 hidden immunity idols to protect her 2 alliance members. I was trying to figure out how Malcolm could've ended up keeping his idol, and I thought he played it pretty well, hoping he could cause enough confusion to throw off the majority's plan. Actually, as it turns out, Malcolm didn't have to play his idol, since they had 4 votes going to Philip, and only 2 went towards Malcolm because Erik switched his vote. Only Eddie had to play his or they would've gone to a tie and lost on the re-vote. Too bad he didn't stick to his guns, because you know he wanted to bluff. I think he was planning on doing it, but lost the nerve once Eddie turned in his idol. Plus, if Erik didn't switch his vote, Malcolm would've been screwed if he didn't play the idol.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #131
PemLam

One other thing I liked about the tribal council was Malcolm's comments about how Survivor, while it's for money, is supposed to be a game and games should be fun. Making Phillip out to be a "fun sponge" was awesome.

I don't think Malcolm will win it all because he will have too much of a target on his back (curse of being a physically and socially strong player) but I can definitely understand why he is so well liked.

**About the hidden idols...I honestly do not understand why people aren't out there every minute looking for the damn things once they get to the island?

Old 04-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #132
Dugath
Side-Kick

One downside to what Malcolm did was by admiting he had an Idol for some time might annoy Reynold since Malcolm convinced him to his up last week.

Dugath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #133
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

That was a great episode! One of the best in a long while

Loved that Malcolm found that second immunity idol and I loved that he gave it to Eddie. I fully expected him to use the two idols to survive two tribals in row.

Philip was an idiot to not throw Sherri under the bus right away. Im sure that the rest of the favorites would have been able to rally around that call.

Wyrminarrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #134
PemLam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugath View Post
One downside to what Malcolm did was by admiting he had an Idol for some time might annoy Reynold since Malcolm convinced him to his up last week.
Probably made for an uncomfortable night but not much longer than that. Reynold doesn't seem to me like the brightest bulb in the bunch.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #135
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

I think that Malcolm made up for it by giving the second idol to Eddie. Reynolds will appreciate it more then he would resent the other one, especially since this lead to them having two secret idols rather than just one.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #136
Quasar
Side-Kick

I wondered ever so briefly if Malcolm had stuck his own idol in the hole and pulled it out for everyone to see in a bluff to get everyone else to stop looking for the new idol.

I can't remember the last time we saw a clue for an idol's location. I don't think we've seen any this season. I assume the producers stopped doing them since people seem to be able to find them easily enough on their own.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #137
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

At first I wondered, why not blindside Phillip? Why announce the idols. Then I saw the brilliance of Malcolm's plan. The Favorites now know that someone jumped ship and voted Phillip. Andrea now knows that at least a couple of her allies were ready and willing to throw her under the bus. Malcolm's move was a game changer. It created enough chaos to fracture that alliance. Phillip was playing by the Boston Rob rules....isolate your own alliance, don't let outsiders shake the foundation, but Boston Rob never had a move like that pulled against him. Malcolm has effectively shattered that alliance. Now we'll see if they can rebuild.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #138
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

Yeah, Malcolm decided to go for gold by trying to break up the alliance instead of just making sure that he would survive two tribal councils. Over all I think it's the smart move since the other alliance had an odd number of people in it and thus was unlikely to splinter into two equally large factions that need the last person standing from outside the alliance.

Read an interview with Phillip earlier today. The guy is completely deluded as to why he was targeted. He still thinks it was because he was a threat and doesn't see that he was picked because he was the most likely person to get votes from his alliance members.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #139
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

I've read a couple of his interviews. He really does seem like a pathological liar. According to him, he knew that two idols were going to be played but no one would listen to him (yet he maintains that he had full control of the vote and could've changed it at the drop of a dime). He knew that Eric was going to betray him. He is "super normal," (a psychological condition that makes him extremely observant, smart, clever and borderline psychic). What a nut.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:08 AM   #140
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post

I hope Dawn wins!
Who would ever cheer for Dawn? She is horrible.

SolarTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:34 AM   #141
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

She's hilarious! That scene where she lost her teeth is one of the best things that happened in this season.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:11 AM   #142
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

She doesn't deserve 1 million dollars for essentially being the season's neurotic soccer mom.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:25 AM   #143
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

So far, and IMO she hasn't done any big mistakes in the game compare to Malcolm and the other 2 guys. Besides Andrea, (who's also hilarious) she's the only 1 that I want to win. I couldn't stand the guys, they are cocky and douchey and its only a matter of time before they go home 1 by 1.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:35 AM   #144
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

I admit they are kinda douchy, but they are the underdogs and its easy to root for them when they are up against people like Phillip, Dawn and Sherri.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:45 AM   #145
Wyrminarrd
Side-Kick

Im hoping that Malcolm manages to win, he really has been trying to win and hasn't played it safe.

The problem I have with any of the other favorites winning (besides Andrea) is that they don't really seem to have done much at all. They have just followed along and avoided creating waves. Dawn admittedly did snitch on Corinne and Malcolm, but that was more to stay with what she had rather than taking a risk to get into a better situation.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #146
Sakuraba
Seer of Visions

Right on time Brenda and Erik get strategic confessionals. My guess is they are the swing votes and make top 4 with Dawn and Cochran

Old 04-24-2013, 07:56 PM   #147
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Disappointing to see the one All-Star in the game who deserves to be called such get voted out. He was making this season. Oh well. It'll be fun when the alliance of five starts to splinter, but now it is more or less three free weeks (Reynold, Sherri, and Eddie).

On a side note, Eric is the most useless player of all time. It made sense for him to join the three amigos. He is clearly not on the top of his alliance's food chain. He has the physical capabilities to compete with the three of them (so the argument for why Sherri wouldn't join is out the window). It was just a dumb move on his part. Kid had no business being on the show the first time, has no business being on this time.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #148
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Disappointing to see the one All-Star in the game who deserves to be called such get voted out. He was making this season. Oh well. It'll be fun when the alliance of five starts to splinter, but now it is more or less three free weeks (Reynold, Sherri, and Eddie).

On a side note, Eric is the most useless player of all time. It made sense for him to join the three amigos. He is clearly not on the top of his alliance's food chain. He has the physical capabilities to compete with the three of them (so the argument for why Sherri wouldn't join is out the window). It was just a dumb move on his part. Kid had no business being on the show the first time, has no business being on this time.
After the way he went out the first time, does this really surprise you?

Old 04-24-2013, 08:12 PM   #149
PemLam

I'm looking so forward to seeing that smug grin on Sherri and Andreas face turn upside down when they are voted out.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #150
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post

Andrea should be the one to flip, not Erik. Andrea is the obvious person her own alliance will target as soon as she's gone. She reminds them every tribal council how she thinks she's being targeted.