Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 04-11-2013, 06:22 AM   #526
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: TNT greenlights 'Dallas'

Julie Gonzalo talks Dallas TNT season finale

http://www.ultimatedallas.com/dallas...season-finale/

Quote:

Julie Gonzalo: ĎWhen I read the finale I was very very pleased, I think itís smart, itís entertaining, itís what Dallas is all aboutí

The electrifying Dallas TNT second season finale airs this Monday so we caught up with Julie Gonzalo to discuss who killed JR Ewing, John Ross and the latest twists in the life of Pamela Barnes.

Ultimate Dallas Ė First of all congratulations on a fantastic second season. You have had some big emotional scenes. Have you enjoyed getting your teeth into that material?

Julie Gonzalo Ė Thank you. They really made me go through it. I consider myself very lucky, the amount of trust the writers have in me has been a blessing. I love what I do for a living and I couldnít be any happier with all the stuff they wrote for me. Itís just been a really amazing experience to just grab each script and work on it and just give it life. The response has been beautiful. I follow you guys on Twitter and you have always been on top of things, the response on social media has been very positive and complimentary, I am just very lucky.

Ultimate Dallas Ė Everyone loves seeing Pamela and John Ross together

Julie Gonzalo Ė Yeah. They keep making these videos and these photos; they just really love them together. I think itís great, I think they totally belong together. Watching it TV I try to remove myself, itís hard to watch yourself, but every time I see them two together Iím like ďOh they really love each otherĒ. I root for them (laughs)

Ultimate Dallas Ė But do they love each other or is it revenge?

Julie Gonzalo - I donít know. To be honest with you I think there is a level of love between them two. They are so similar, theyíre cut from the same cloth, they have so much in common that I think there is a level of love. But I donít know how far or how long, I donít know if there is trust to be had, there is a huge difference between love and trust. He has come to her in a moment of need and a moment of her feeling so vulnerable and alone that I think she does definitely appreciate that. Especially after finding out that the one man in her life (Cliff Barnes] who she thought would protect her from anything and everything actually didnít and hurt her the most.

Ultimate Dallas Ė Do you think Pamela could ever forgive Cliff?

Julie Gonzalo Ė I donít think thatís something you can [forgive]. The pain of a loss of a child is possibly the worst pain anyone can go through in their life and I hope I never go through that and I never wish that upon anyone. The pain that she went through was unforgivable. How can you ? At least this season [laughs).

Ultimate Dallas - A major motivation for Pamela has been the need to please her father. Will we see a further change to the character now that she knows he killed her babies?

Julie Gonzalo - I think so. I think after that event happened she definitely changed, she is a different woman now. She has gone through a lot, we have only shot two seasons and she has already gone through so much. Little things change you let alone like huge things so I do think you see a difference in her for sure.

Ultimate Dallas - In real life we know you get on very well with Josh Henderson (John Ross). Does having a good relationship off screen help with the on screen connection?

Julie Gonzalo - I think it definitely helps. We are good friends, we genuinely like each other, we respect each otherís work and we respect each other as people. We know how to have fun on set especially; we are always goofing around and talking about random things and heís always singing something and Iím always trying to do his back-up but I'm a horrible singer but you know weíre trying to do something and then you hear action and itís down to business and we get our job done. They call us like the fastest actors and weíre always on our game but we also like to play around, yeah weíre goofballs. Weíre like the babies, we are just a month apart too, heís like my twin brother (laughs). Itís fun. I adore him.

Ultimate Dallas - In the original we had the couples Pam & Bobby and Sue Ellen and JR. Do you think John Ross and Pamela will fall into one of those relationship types?

Julie Gonzalo - I would have to say JR and Sue Ellen. I do believe theyíre not going to change personally, even though now itís a whole different ball game. I see a lot of JR and Sue Ellen in them.

Ultimate Dallas - The season finale is upon us. Can you give a taster of what to look forward to in this weekís episode?

Julie Gonzalo - Itís a fun ride; the show itself moves very quickly and especially having the two episodes back to back. I didnít actually see the episodes that aired on Monday because Iím on a road trip and didnít have a television. But I do see people being excited about what happened to JR and the end cliff-hanger is fun and juicy. When I read the finale I was very very pleased, I think itís smart, itís entertaining, itís what Dallas is all about. I really do hope people enjoy it.

Ultimate Dallas - They have really upped their game since Larry passed.

Julie Gonzalo - Yeah. It was hard, it was really hard because he was the show. He was the face and soul and life of the show but I think that under the circumstances the writers really did a fantastic job.

Ultimate Dallas - So is Pamela in the scene where we discover who killed JR?

Julie Gonzalo - Um yeah sheís not too far (laughs)

Ultimate Dallas - If you were a viewer yourself who would you lean towards as the culprit?

Julie Gonzalo - Oh man I donít know because literally when I didnít know [who killed JR] I couldnít do it, I couldnít place it. Itís just brilliantly written; to be honest with you I couldnít put it together. I remember last year trying to put things together and it didnít work so Iím like okay Iím not going to outsmart the writers clearly so Iím going to wait the extra two days I have left to not know and just read it.

Ultimate Dallas Ė What are your plans between now and season three [we hope]?

Julie Gonzalo Ė I canít imagine not having a season three. Not much. Iím driving my car back home now and moving back to home from Dallas and trying to see if I can sneak in a film in-between and get some more work. They invited us to the Monte Carlo television festival in June so I think we are all heading out there and it will be nice to bring the show abroad again like we did last year in London. Who knows what the future holds.

Ultimate Dallas Ė Do you have any messages for the fans?

Julie Gonzalo Ė I really do hope that people really enjoy the season and hopefully we get to bring a third season. Itís just been a really fun ride and I couldnít be more blessed to work with the people we work with and to bring this show to life every week.

The Dallas two-hour season finale airing on Monday, April 15th beginning at 9PM EST

Old 04-11-2013, 06:39 AM   #527
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Not sure if this is official confirmation yet or just speculation on Patrick Duffy's part, but according to him, Dallas will be renewed for a 3rd Season:

Quote:

DUFFY: ĎDALLASí WILL RISE AGAIN

ďDallasĒ may never return to its ďWho Shot J.R.?Ē heyday of the 1980s, but its star Patrick Duffy says TNT isnít ready to put a bullet in the once wildly popular dramaís reboot just yet.

Despite so-so ratings, ďDallasĒ 2.0 will be back for a third season and the show has a funeral to thank for its new life, Duffy said.

Sources tell us network bosses were nervous that show icon Larry (ďJ.R.Ē) Hagmanís death in November combined with subpar ratings could spell trouble. But Duffy, who plays J.R.ís brother Bobby Ewing, said, ďA network like TNT and Warner Brothers look at the trend. ... They are ecstatic with what ĎDallasí is doing and as long as we continue that in the demographics of 18-40, we are their golden child.Ē

It doesnít hurt that after a so-so start, ďDallasĒ scored season high ratings with the funeral of Hagmanís J.R. character earlier this month. The memorial episode attracted 3.6 million viewers, well above this seasonís average of 2.6 million. Duffy thinks itíll only get better next season.

ďThe summer is the perfect time on cable television because none of the other networks are premiering anything,Ē he said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...#ixzz2Q9b5coD7

Old 04-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #528
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

It's doing better than Southland and Monday Mornings, and about on par with Franklin and Bash. Unless TNT is planning some sort of mass exodus, I'm sure it's getting a third season.

Might be smart to put it back during the summer though. It'll be a bit of a gap between seasons 2 and 3, but the show might be better for it.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #529
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

How about not much of a gap between season 2 and 3 and having season 3 start this summer? They can have a short break and then start late June and have a summer finale before a few more episodes either in november or January leading to a season finale. It could run like Burn Notice or Suits.

Then season 4 can be in summer 2014. If they have over a year's break that can break the momentum and lose viewers or interest.

Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:46 PM   #530
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
How about not much of a gap between season 2 and 3 and having season 3 start this summer? They can have a short break and then start late June and have a summer finale before a few more episodes either in november or January leading to a season finale. It could run like Burn Notice or Suits.

Then season 5 can be in summer 2014. If they have over a year's break that can break the momentum and lose viewers or interest.
Ehh... not happening. They don't have the time for that. They need an order before they can even start writing, much less start shooting.

Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 04-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #531
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

They already lost viewers so clearly they need to just stick to it being a summer show unless they plan on giving us more episodes and having it on a PLL schedule.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:42 AM   #532
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Well, if they have a 16-episode order for next season, they could give us 8 episodes in the fall and 8 in Summer 2014. That way it won't be over a year (from April 2013 to June 2014) between Season 2 and Season 3.

Then once it finishes airing at the end of Summer 2014 they can wait until the next summer. However, that really is a long time between seasons. Even summer shows like Burn Notice and Suits, or shows like Warehouse 13 (and previously Eureka) split up their seasons so that it's not a year between them, with part airing in the summer and part in the winter. That's what Dallas should do.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #533
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Dallas star Brenda Strong talks Mondayís spectacular season finale.

http://www.ultimatedallas.com/dallas...tnt-finale-qa/

Quote:
Ultimate Dallas: Congratulations on season two; itís been amazing.

Brenda Strong: Thank you.

Ultimate Dallas: Youíve had some really emotional scenes this seasonóthe court scenes were fantastic. Do you enjoy that material?

Brenda Strong: I was so grateful that Cynthia Cidre decided to take Ann down this convoluted walk into her past to figure out what had happened with Harris Ryland, why he was so incredibly bitter, and the shame that we saw glimpses of in season one. I was so grateful that we got to unpack that in season two. The fact that they cast Emma Bell as my daughter was single-handedly one of the most brilliant pieces of casting in a long time. Emma and I have an incredible, organic connection. Iím really grateful that I could explore a lot of Ann that I wouldnít have gotten to do otherwise.

Ultimate Dallas: Was that court scene the first time that you had seen Annís whole backstory laid out in front of you with the Rylands and everything?

Brenda Strong: Yes. Opening that script was an interesting experience for me because in my 27 or 28 years of acting now, I donít think Iíve ever opened a script and seen such a deep, lengthy monologueóand confessional monologueóafforded a character before. I felt tremendous responsibility andÖ.well, not pressure, but I wanted to make sure the material was served in the way that it would benefit the entire show. I was very excited to have that much to work with emotionally.

Ultimate Dallas: Your most recent scene with Ann leaving Emma in jail has a lot of parents cheering. Do you think that Ann did the right thing?

Brenda Strong: Absolutely. I think Ann finally put her own sense of wanting to be loved and having a relationship with her daughter second to her daughterís welfare and well being. I think in that moment she became the mother and much less the victim to Rylandís manipulation. She thought ďIf anything is going to happen to my daughter, itís not going to be because I didnít do something.Ē When she saw the car accident, she realized that this was a cry for help. I was very proud of the writers for writing that and Iíve had people comment that their favorite line in the entire episode was ďBecause Iím your motherĒ. That made me feel good.

Ultimate Dallas: Do you think there will be any lasting friction with Emma or is she going to wake up after that?

Brenda Strong: I think there is always going to be friction with Emma because as much as she is Annís daughter, she is also Rylandís daughter. She has her own internal conflicts to work out as time goes on. Once you see the finale, youíre going to realize that weíve just touched the tip of the iceberg with this character and what sheís capable of. Iím excited to see what happens next season between Ann and Emma and where they go with it.

Ultimate Dallas: The Rylands are obviously very dark and twisted and played brilliantly. How has it been working with Mitch (Pileggi), Judith (Light), and Emma (Bell)?

Brenda Strong: Whatís so fortunate is that we have three very extraordinary actors in these three walls of the Rylands, always around between Harris, Judith, and Emma. Their chemistryóyou canít make up. It just occurs between all three of them as individual actors and also as a group. Itís just delicious. Thatís the best word I can describe is that everyone is bringing their game, feeding off of each other, and having the time of their life playing these archetypical but not atypical roles. Itís really a pleasure to work with all three of them.

Ultimate Dallas: Itís great to see Ann actually step up like you said in that last scene. Sheís obviously done a lot of crying this season. Do you find it easy to get into those scenes where thereís so much emotion like that?

Brenda Strong: I never felt as a young actor that I could be one of those actresses that just has emotion. I was always good with a lot of technical dialogue; I was always good with things other than having to cry. In a lot of ways this exposed part of my craft that I felt I havenít been given a lot of opportunity to do on screen. I certainly have had my share on stage, but not on screen. In a very strange way I got to exercise a muscle publically that I thought was very weak and strengthen it over time. I think because Ann cares so deeply about her daughter and feels such loss, it was an organic drop-in for me to be able to relate to this loss and be able to experience every single torturous decision that she had made in the past and revisited again. It was very cathartic for me as a human being and also as an actor to be able to go there.

Ultimate Dallas: Moving on to your relationship with BobbyóBobby obviously had some rough patches this season and now the search for his first wife Pam coming upówe havenít really seen Ann react to this as much. Is there going to be some reaction to itómaybe jealousy or unfinished business from Annís perspective?

Brenda Strong: I think Ann is very trepidatious. We have been on faltering grounds with this revelation of her past. They certainly do love each other but they have been tested within an inch of any marriage. I think she is definitely uncertain as to the searching for Christopherís mother/Bobbyís ex because she was so much a part of the dynamic between the fight between the Ewings and the Barnes. Because that is the fight that is still going on in this modern day incarnation, sheís very uncertain as to what this means for her personally but for the entire Ewing clan and how this could possibly upset the apple cart.

Sheís playing her cards very close to her chest because she doesnít want to upset Bobby any further than she already has, but I think it brings up a lot of insecurities and a sense of uncertainty as to her future with him and what this might mean for him emotionally and any residual feelings he may have about Pam. You will see that start to resolve a little bit, but sheís definitely on the fence.

Ultimate Dallas: Will Pam be resolved this season or will it spill into season three?

Brenda Strong: I think youíll get some answers by the end of season two for sure around that relationship and that history and what it means to the Ewing family. There will be some loose ends that will be tied up so that people know what to expect. At the same time, whenever you get one thing tied up, it raises a whole other set of questions. Itís never all that you think itís going to be. Itís not quite as black and white as one would think.

Ultimate Dallas: The other big question is the ďwho killed JR?Ē storyline. What was your reaction when you found out about the master plan and who killed JR, or have you seen it yet?

Brenda Strong: Well, first of all I read the script and I actually saw the tail end of the finale. I had an opportunity to go into the office and do a line of ADR for the last episode. Michael and Cynthia sat down and showed me the last ďtying upĒ of all the loose ends. Itís so exciting, you guys. I canít even begin to tell you. Iím a participant of this series, but Iím also a fan. I think our producers and our writers do such an exceptional job especially in light of what happened with Larry. They had to really pull up their boot straps and figure out a way to honor the man, the legend, and the character of JR and do it with dignity, with an integrity that aligned with what people had come to expect from Dallas, and itís actually quite exciting to see that theyíve accomplished it. I think the audience is going to be very excited; I know I was extremely concerned because I think itís difficult to do that kind of thing and get away with itóa way that is satisfying. I think they really did a Herculean effort to accomplish that.

Ultimate Dallas: We havenít been told one way or another about season three yet, but where would you like to see Ann go in season three?

Brenda Strong: I have a lot of different ideas about what could be possible. I have to say that I trust Cynthia Cidre immensely, especially after what she just gave me in season two. I would hate to offer up my suggestions before hearing what sheís got in mind. Itís a whole tapestry that has to be honored that Iím a part of. I may think ďOh, this may be good for Ann, to be a part of this direction in season threeĒ, but it may have nothing to do with whatís appropriate for the character or the direction of the entire series. Itís a very intricate web and far be it from me to upset the balance of that.

Ultimate Dallas: Thereís been a great relationship with Sue Ellen and Ann. How do you enjoy working with Linda (Gray) on those scenes?

Brenda Strong: I adore Linda Gray as a human being, as a fellow artistóshe is absolutely one of the most exceptional women I have ever had an opportunity to know and work with. I love that we have a friendship on and off screen. It feels to me to be very authentic and complexósheís in the other camp and pulling some strings lately, so thereís an opportunity for that friendship to be tested in the future and to possibly have some rough roads ahead. Iím actually kind of excited to see that maybe that friendship gets a little strained in the future and these two powerful women have an opportunity to hash it out a bit. I think the audience really loves that we have a friendship because Sue Ellen didnít really have many friends in the first incarnation. I think this is an opportunity for her to be strong for me during my difficulties and vice versa. Weíll see where it goes.

I also wanted to say because we touched a little on the Pamela situation that I think Patrick Duffy is doing some of the best work of his life. I have gotten to know the man and the actor and I think his strength of character and his capacity to hold center even in the face of losing JR has been a testament to how powerful he is to the series. Iím grateful to be in association with him.

Ultimate Dallas: In that scene where he finally unloaded on Ann, a lot of people were like ďItís about time that you get your emotions out.Ē

Brenda Strong: Exactly! Exactly. I think once Bobby had the chance to get his emotions out, he gets to enter a gray area that heís never been able to occupy before because JR always had the bad so Bobby always had to be the good. Heís finally got an opportunity to cross some boundaries and thatís pretty exciting.

Ultimate Dallas: So the season has wrapped shooting. How do you plan on spending your hiatus?

Brenda Strong: I have some things planned. Iíve just driven across the country for three days with my dog so that was a nice sojourn back into Los Angeles. Weíre going to be doing the festival in Monte Carlo which will be exciting for DALLAS. I have some vocational things and charities that Iím working with. I have a product line for women in yoga that Iím continuing to develop. The show that Iím working on producing as well as being a part of has to do with bringing awareness and health and balance to peopleís lives. Itís going to be a very creative summer and Iím hoping to maybe throw in an interesting independent feature film in there and put on someone elseís boots besides Annís for a while. Itís always fun to come back to something after youíve been away from it.

Ultimate Dallas: Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Brenda Strong: Absolutely.

Ultimate Dallas: Any messages for the fans?

Brenda Strong: A big letter of gratitude to say thank you. Thank you for trusting us. Thank you for going on the journey with us. Thank you for your continued devotion and interest in the Ewings and this world that we occupy that is DALLAS. We would not be here without them, the old and the new. Iím just so incredibly grateful to be part of something that Iím proud of. What I get from the fans that do come up to me in Dallas and around the world is that they are so excited that we have honored the show in a way that has allowed them to continue to celebrate it, and that makes me feel really good. Thank you so much for your support all the way through.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:07 AM   #534
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

I love that the finale of this show is always just one hour of showing how ****ing awesome the Ewings are when their plans come together. It is like the ending of an episode of The A-Team stretched out for an hour.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:08 AM   #535
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Very good finale. It wrapped up enough things to serve as a series finale if need be. And of course John Ross is already back up to his old ways, though he chose the wrong wife to cheat on/dupe. She may be vulnerable now but once she catches wind of everything, the poop is going to hit the fan.

I really want Judith Light to come back since I think she would've made a great ongoing villain for the Ewings to battle with.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #536
Obsidian Idea
The light is blinding

Cool Re: TNT greenlights 'Dallas'

Yes it was a good finale...John Ross and Emma huh? Nasty team...and Elena is teaming up with some big guns I see...interesting things ahead.

@Primal Slayer...Yes! Judith Light must come back as the villainess supreme she is...she's much to tasty an actress to write out...

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27 (New King James Version)
Obsidian Idea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #537
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Cynthia Cidre Discusses the Finale

I'm glad she explained Bobby's involvement. I sort of raised an eyebrow over him being a party to that. Then again, maybe Cliff's attempted sabotage leading to the death of his grandchildren pushed him to that point.

I like her Howard Hughes explanation regarding Cliff, too.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #538
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

On the whole the finale was good and i agree it could've served as a series finale if necessary. However I was hoping for a more dramatic cliffhanger like the old days which would literally have you on the edge of your seat and leave you wanting more. Here it doesn't feel such a big deal even if they didn' t come back because everything is more or less wrapped up. I was hoping for a blast from the past in some form.

I guess this was the only way to deal with Pam since Victoria Principal was adamant she wasn't coming back without recasting, and preserving her memory.

I'm a little disappointed too that JR was behind his own death. Was hoping it would be someone else who'd be a surprise. People had already thought of that as one of the most popular theories other than Pam.

Now they've taken down both Cliff and Ryland, will future seasons seem a bit mundane after this big Ewing team up? Will it go back to rehashing the Ewing vs Ewing rivalry all over again or will there be someone new?

Old 04-16-2013, 11:30 PM   #539
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I don't think the Ewings-Barnes feud is over. Cliff can still very much be a threat especially when he has all that time now in jail. Pamela can also be a potential threat if she ever learns that she was lied to about Cliff killing JR. Oh and let's not forget the fact that John Ross is cheating on her. I'm interested in seeing a scorned Elena and what she will do next. I'm tired of her holier than thou attitude. I want to see some darkness in her like we've been getting from Christopher.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:39 PM   #540
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I just hope it doesn't revert to Ewings vs. Ewings again, at least not so soon. Them being one united front this season has been just too damn good. I'm sure they can cook up new adversaries, and it's not like Ryland/Barnes are gone for good.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:02 AM   #541
Hunter Rider
Ronin

I enjoyed the bulk of the finale, I thought the way they revealed JR's master plan across the two eps was great and felt very satisfying. The fact JR set his own death up was not a surprise but worked and I thought the guy who plays Bum did a great job when he told John Ross he had pulled the trigger at his daddy's request. It was fitting, as John Ross said "No one could take down JR Ewing but JR Ewing."

Bobby going along with it worked for me as well because Barnes had shown he was willing to kill his own daughter, get into business with a drug trafficker and have a man killed in prison in order to win, and Bobby still offered him the the chance to go back to the US and serve time for what he did do as opposed to rotting in Mexico for something he didn't. His refusal summed up how full of hate and bitterness he is.

The only things that didn't sit right with me were the two "shock" endings that set up next season. John Ross has had no trigger to do what he's doing, to me it felt like the twist for the sake of it and pretty much took all the good character work with him, Pamela, Christopher and Bobby from the last 6 or 7 eps and simply hit reset so John Ross was just back to being the same guy scheming with the fake Marta Del Sol in the shows premier. Plus I can't stand Emma.

I also had trouble buying Saint Elena doing such an over the top 180, I mean from little miss perfect to hooking up with a Cartel/militia? Even though she has seen where these blood feuds lead first hand?

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:04 AM   #542
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

While I liked the season finale, I feel like the season 1 finale left me more pumped for the next season than the season 2 finale. Maybe it's because they concluded a lot of the story lines this time around. Still, I loved the reveal from last season about Rebecca and the last scene with John Ross and JR scheming.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #543
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

What is John Ross even doing with Emma anyway? What is in that metal case? The Marvel Universe Movie Box Sets?

And yes, I agree it feels like they just hit reset on John Ross for the sake of it.

Those "twist" endings weren't really that much of a twist though. They could still end the series here and people wouldn't be that intrigued. They'd just assume that John Ross is once a scoundrel always a scoundrel, so it shows that he continues it and can't remain faithful. And with Elena, it just shows that Cliff will always continue to scheme against the Ewings even from jail.

I wish they didn't put "to be continued" though at the end, just in case they don't come back. It could've all neatly wrapped up here if they needed to.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #544
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

If they ever bring the James Beaumont character into the new series, but can't get Sasha Mitchell back, they should see if they can get Julian McMahon. He's in the right age range, and I could totally buy him as JR Ewing's spawn, and think he'd be a great fit for the world of this show. Plus, he looks more like Hagman than Henderson does.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #545
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

James Beaumont or someone from the past should've shown up at the end to meet with Cliff in prison. Or maybe Morgan Britanny could've shown up as Katherine Wentworth (who, I think, was never quite confirmed dead) and Cliff could've been surprised that she's still alive. We wouldn't know whether she wants to help Cliff or allow him to rot in prison. She might be angry that he's given away her shares to Pamela. Katherine is already very dangerous, since we know what she's capable of (she's already shot Bobby before) and did finally kill him (although that was part of Pam's dream).

On the other end, Judith Light should've shown up to meet Harris, having somehow escaped from the home he put her in.

I think Judith Light and Morgan Britanny back as villainesses would've had me more pumped for the next season. Or even James Beaumont. It's like they've forgotten how to do decent season-ending cliffhangers when Dallas was the one who popularised them. Or at least Cynthia Cidre doesn't know quite how to pull them off.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #546
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

They've done plenty of great cliffhangers on a week-to-week basis, I don't know why they really haven't used any with either of the two seasons.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #547
Christopher Nolan
Banned User

the final was messed up..

Christopher Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:12 PM   #548
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I find it hilarious that, of the two men Pamela has married, one is her cousin and someone that Cliff still considers to be a Barnes, and the other was at one point thought to be Cliff's offspring.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:14 AM   #549
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Christopher isn't her blood cousin though, but yes it is odd still.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #550
GoblinScrier
Side-Kick

3rd season coming!! Early 2014

http://www.ultimatedallas.com/dallas...s-can-rejoicv/