Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 05:57 PM   #51
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I was just hoping all the Bale/Nolan talk would stay in the JL-Bale thread. Because it's been pretty much confirmed now that Nolan and Bale aren't coming back.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

No matter what.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 04-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #52
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

And let's also keep in mind that El Mayimbe even said himself in latest report that the idea of a Bale/Nolan return wasn't dead. He basicly just said there are complication with the deal. Which could also mean WB is telling him to retract his scoop because they weren't ready to let the cat out of the bag just yet. Like him or not, El has a good track record. He was completely convinced to almost saying this was a done deal, even to the point of debunking and calling out other reports from CBM.com as being dead wrong. Now he's having to go back on his position and that's not good for a reporter's reputation.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #53
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Lance Armstrong was a clean cyclist as well.

- CM Punk
Old 04-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #54
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post

No matter what.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:29 PM   #55
shauner111
Side-Kick

What confuses the hell out of me is when Robinov says "without knowledge of any other superheroes". Why the hell would he even say that? That sentence means "Gotham and that world at that time didn't have any knowledge that there were superheroes around and outside of their city". It's just such a weird thing to say.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #56
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
What confuses the hell out of me is when Robinov says "without knowledge of any other superheroes". Why the hell would he even say that? That sentence means "Gotham and that world at that time didn't have any knowledge that there were superheroes around and outside of their city". It's just such a weird thing to say.
He probably had to say something like that so elmayimbe would stop sniffing around.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #57
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

What he's saying is basically TDKT was a point in life when everybody was unaware of other heroes. It's hinting to be a world, like ours, that wouldn't know if they were aliens and amazon's and what not.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Old 04-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #58
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

I wish WB would give us some news just something.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #59
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Even in that, he's clearly using TDKU as a basis. Suspicious no?

I believe in Batfleck

Old 04-18-2013, 07:36 PM   #60
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Even in that, he's clearly using TDKU as a basis. Suspicious no?
The thing is I haven't heard the confirmation from either Bale or Nolan that they aren't coming back. How hard is it tell to there agents to put out a press release saying that they aren't coming back.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #61
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
I wish WB would give us some news just something.
I'm comfortable with saying that Man of Steel will be what WB wanted success wise. People are going crazy about this movie (in the circles I've talked to at least). Even on YouTube people are talking about how "I don't even like Superman and I can't wait to see this!" We'll definitely get some DC Cinematic Universe news after opening weekend.

What I'm itching to know is if they're really going to finish the MOS trilogy before even attempting to work on any other heroes or teamup movies. To me, that's a mistake because a) as Eradicator pointed out, the superhero movie fad is on a ticking clock and unfortunately, it won't tick forever. WB needs to move quickly if they want to catch this superhero fascination wave. And b) that would seem, to me at least, that they'll move on without Cavill as Superman for JL. From this recent trailer, I'm sold on him being the JL Supes and will not have it any other way. If they finish the trilogy, end his story, then I feel like they'll turn around again and say that they want MOS to be standalone with a new Superman for teamups. I guess this option is less likely, but possible.

Not to mention Cavill could easily get as burned out as Bale has been with Batman. You'd better believe that if WB order a filled out trilogy it will happen back to back. He'll be playing Superman for 6+ years straight in that case assuming they keep the Nolan Batman schedule.

To me, the best plan is to go ahead and do Justice League after MOS2 at the latest. Buildup is, as we've discussed to death, not mandatory and will actually help to stir interest in the characters that the GA will know the names and faces of but still have enough mystery behind them to make them interesting.

I'm not an immense fan of a World's Finest movie in between but I'll take it if that's what they feel is best to introduce new Batman.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #62
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
So he calls Robin Blake and tells him since he's Batman and has the cave he can take care of it instead. He's given up on pain defining his life.
It would be great if they got JGL back in a cameo.

He approaches him at the cave or new hideout and asks if he can help him out. Next time we see Bruce, he's Batman.

Hell, even Fox being at a different company, secretly aiding him. Bring back Freeman for a cameo too

Say Fox is dead. But since he knew Bruce was alive, he's left him some things...just in case Batman was needed again.

Heck say Alfred is dead and gives back some of the money Bruce left him. And Bruce starts rebuilding his fortune using Fox as cover.

And actually. ..regarding Bruce and Selina. It would be a nice touch to say the two had a daughter, Helena. Even she could be a factor in his decision to return as Batman...

I believe in Batfleck

Old 04-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #63
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Quote:
The thing is I haven't heard the confirmation from either Bale or Nolan that they aren't coming back. How hard is it tell to there agents to put out a press release saying that they aren't coming back.
Yeah. It's still going on. Either that or its definote and they'll slowly build up to revealing it with phony rumours and stories.

I believe in Batfleck

Old 04-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #64
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

WB should give Bale $35 million + $20 million if the Justice League makes a billion and I would give what I could to a charity of Bale's choosing if he would come back to pi$$ jett off.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #65
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
It would be great if they got JGL back in a cameo.

He approaches him at the cave or new hideout and asks if he can help him out. Next time we see Bruce, he's Batman.

Hell, even Fox being at a different company, secretly aiding him. Bring back Freeman for a cameo too

Say Fox is dead. But since he knew Bruce was alive, he's left him some things...just in case Batman was needed again.

Heck say Alfred is dead and gives back some of the money Bruce left him. And Bruce starts rebuilding his fortune using Fox as cover.

And actually. ..regarding Bruce and Selina. It would be a nice touch to say the two had a daughter, Helena. Even she could be a factor in his decision to return as Batman...

Where Helena could be kidnapped.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #66
shauner111
Side-Kick

"It's setting the tone for what the movies are going to be like going forward," President Jeff Robinov told Entertainment Weekly. "In that, it's definitely a first step."

In that? In other words "its not THE first step, but in that...you know, with setting a tone that now has supernatural elements, it's a first step".

When asked whether The Dark Knight trilogy was a stand-alone series, Rabinov gave a slight hint at a larger possible DC crossover. "They do. Or they did," he replied. "Where we go in the future is a whole other conversation."

A whole other conversation? Lmao everything he says is so cryptic without saying anything direct, it reminds me of Nolans classic responses for EVERYTHING when he works on a movie. Beat around the bush.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #67
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
"It's setting the tone for what the movies are going to be like going forward," President Jeff Robinov told Entertainment Weekly. "In that, it's definitely a first step."

In that? In other words "its not THE first step, but in that...you know, with setting a tone that now has supernatural elements, it's a first step".

When asked whether The Dark Knight trilogy was a stand-alone series, Rabinov gave a slight hint at a larger possible DC crossover. "They do. Or they did," he replied. "Where we go in the future is a whole other conversation."

A whole other conversation? Lmao everything he says is so cryptic without saying anything direct, it reminds me of Nolans classic responses for EVERYTHING when he works on a movie. Beat around the bush.
Oh just to see jett have temper tantrum.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #68
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Quote:
[/B]

Where Helena could be kidnapped.
Actually. Imagine being a father. And watching your child growing up in a world so bad.
Or just the thought having a child being brought up in not just a corrupt and evil town or city, but the world.

Say Darkseid's evil influence on mankind has left behind damage and Bruce makes it his duty to go out and clean it up all over, not just Gotham.

I believe in Batfleck

Old 04-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #69
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Actually. Imagine being a father. And watching your child growing up in a world so bad.
Or just the thought having a child being brought up in not just a corrupt and evil town or city, but the world.

Say Darkseid's evil influence on mankind has left behind damage and Bruce makes it his duty to go out and clean it up all over, not just Gotham.
Darkseid taking Helena to Apokolips could you imagine Snyder's CGI for Apokolips.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #70
shauner111
Side-Kick

"I think you'll see that, going forward, anything can live in this world . . . [Nolan's] Batman was deliberately and smartly positioned as a stand-alone," Robinov said. "The world they lived in was very isolated without any knowledge of any other superheroes. What Zack and Chris have done with this film is allow you to really introduce other characters into the same world."
That next step should be revealed soon. "We'll announce something in the next several weeks that will hopefully position the DC characters and the movies we're going to be making," Robinov said.

Im thinking that next step is to announce officially that Bale and Cavill are tied together and theyre making MOS 2 with the hopes of one day making a JL or worlds finest or something. Perhaps maybe an announcement that they have other hero movies in the works, maybe.

But call it wishful thinking, I just think it's going to be announced when there's a few months of quiet from the "scoopers". Get them off their trail. Make em' think no JL is in the works at all or that Nolan, Bale are gone. Then hit them with it. Because Nolan and co have control issues. They LOVE to control all the announcements and don't like it when something leaks. They always make up stories soon after and tell their reps and actors to lie.

Isnt it funny that it was said "Goyer is writing this" then suddenly goyer, Nolan, bale are out. NOW this week we got ppl who are hearing that Goyer is actually writing JL. It's not ElMayimbe hearing this. It's another guy with different sources from ElMay.

Nothing has changed from a couple months ago either when it was said Snyder would direct or he may choose somebody else. Now it's "Goyer may direct or he could just write it". Sounds like Snyder might be looking at ppl to see if they want to direct this thing.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #71
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Quote:
Darkseid taking Helena to Apokolips could you imagine Snyder's CGI for Apokolips.
Could be in the effort to destroy Bruce's good side and new found peace.

I believe in Batfleck

Old 04-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #72
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
"I think you'll see that, going forward, anything can live in this world . . . [Nolan's] Batman was deliberately and smartly positioned as a stand-alone," Robinov said. "The world they lived in was very isolated without any knowledge of any other superheroes. What Zack and Chris have done with this film is allow you to really introduce other characters into the same world."
That next step should be revealed soon. "We'll announce something in the next several weeks that will hopefully position the DC characters and the movies we're going to be making," Robinov said.

Im thinking that next step is to announce officially that Bale and Cavill are tied together and theyre making MOS 2 with the hopes of one day making a JL or worlds finest or something. Perhaps maybe an announcement that they have other hero movies in the works, maybe.

But call it wishful thinking, I just think it's going to be announced when there's a few months of quiet from the "scoopers". Get them off their trail. Make em' think no JL is in the works at all or that Nolan, Bale are gone. Then hit them with it. Because Nolan and co have control issues. They LOVE to control all the announcements and don't like it when something leaks. They always make up stories soon after and tell their reps and actors to lie.

Isnt it funny that it was said "Goyer is writing this" then suddenly goyer, Nolan, bale are out. NOW this week we got ppl who are hearing that Goyer is actually writing JL. It's not ElMayimbe hearing this. It's another guy with different sources from ElMay.

Nothing has changed from a couple months ago either when it was said Snyder would direct or he may choose somebody else. Now it's "Goyer may direct or he could just write it". Sounds like Snyder might be looking at ppl to see if they want to direct this thing.
And I am following that very guy on twitter Mayimbe retweeted that very post as I did. I will check if Jett did as well.

UPDATE: Jett didn't retweet either one he doesn't see it as good sign that Bale/Nolan are probably back are two he just isn't following this guy and hasn't retweeted the post.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:19 PM   #73
shauner111
Side-Kick

He responsed to the link and Jett says it's b,s and it's just coming from ppl who want their Nolan version back. Of course he said it in a sarcastic way as usual.

ElMay retweeted it though.

Jett just hates the idea like always.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #74
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

Quote:

Holy crap! That's the first time I've ever seen that "whole other conversation" part? That's been left out of some of the other news printings on this story. Now that really has me thinking! For the sake of pure speculation it's sounding more and more like a situation where WB told El Mayimbe to shut the hell up and print a retracton of sorts. Again, El went as far as to say that the idea wasn't necessarily dead. Jett on the other hand has. Wondering if he's just getting all his information from Mayimbe and twisting it to his own personal conclusions. Do the majorty of you here put faith into anything Jett reports?

Old 04-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #75
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
He responsed to the link and Jett says it's b,s and it's just coming from ppl who want their Nolan version back. Of course he said it in a sarcastic way as usual.

ElMay retweeted it though.

Jett just hates the idea like always.
I see it like this my friend the Justice League movie team will be this

Nolan-Director
Nolan,Roven - Producers
Goyer and Jonah screenplay
Bruce Timm - DCU Godfather

Jett is probably worried

Mayimbe retweeted before I even did.

Closed Thread