The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > The Comics

Old 04-18-2013, 08:22 PM   #126
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: Justice League Vs Avengers

From what I understand, it takes more contrivances for the Avengers to take this home. Flash's speed goes unanswered, as does Martian Manhunters telepathy. The consistently superior strength and speed of the Justice League puts the Avengers on the defensive where they can't win from. They'd need the Justice League to forget many of their abilities so Iron Man would have time to pull together something, and Wasp time to go sting somebody's brain, and Scarlet Witch build up an epic effect.

Justice League, assuming writers don't have any particular goal/story in mind.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:56 AM   #127
James Howlett
Newbie First Class

Thor and the Hulk may be big names but it is really the Scarlet Witch who is the most powerful avenger with those reality altering powers (If she cries out "No more JLA!!!"). But if the Flash takes her out early in a fight, then JLA will surely win the fight. Superman, WW, MM, GL have enough raw power to take on the likes of Thor, Hulk and Iron Man. Not to mention the Flash, who can easily solo. I'm not a biased DC fan, but the members of the JLA are way too powerful.
Let Batman and the Captain fight on for the rest of eternity!

James Howlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #128
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Howlett View Post
Thor and the Hulk may be big names but it is really the Scarlet Witch who is the most powerful avenger with those reality altering powers (If she cries out "No more JLA!!!"). But if the Flash takes her out early in a fight, then JLA will surely win the fight. Superman, WW, MM, GL have enough raw power to take on the likes of Thor, Hulk and Iron Man. Not to mention the Flash, who can easily solo. I'm not a biased DC fan, but the members of the JLA are way too powerful.
Let Batman and the Captain fight on for the rest of eternity!
You don't have to be a biased DC fan to say that since a lot of people that don't like DC say exactly the same.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #129
James Howlett
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
I wouldn't exactly call that Batman kicking Thor's ass, I'd call that coaching.
Whatever u call it, Batman has the last laugh. Thats why he is the "Goddamned" Batman.
My point is simply, "Batman vs Thor" is a very foolish idea. It should be Supes vs Thor, Bats vs Cap etc.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:11 AM   #130
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Howlett View Post
Whatever u call it, Batman has the last laugh. Thats why he is the "Goddamned" Batman.
My point is simply, "Batman vs Thor" is a very foolish idea. It should be Supes vs Thor, Bats vs Cap etc.
I agree that it's a foolish idea, but I don't agree with the reasoning why. For me the reason is that Batman doesn't have the last laugh against something far, far beyond his power in any logical situation. Of course there's always the risk of having a writer that just craps all over one hero, like the old Batman vs Hulk thing where Hulk supposedly is affected severely by a little human kicking him, or smacking him over the ears. Batman needs a huge dose of PIS to win.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:52 AM   #131
James Howlett
Newbie First Class

All he requires is a good plan. As I said before, he would let Superman or MM do the fighting. As you said, he cannot beat someone far far beyond his power. So he will use dirty tricks like he did in "Tower of Babel". If he has brought down people far far beyond his power like GL, MM, Superman and even the Flash, why should Thor be a problem? Of course I'm not talking of a fist fight between the two. You have to give Bats time to prepare.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:23 PM   #132
JonKent
Side-Kick

Superman vs. Thor,Superman has advantage in strength,speed,smarts,even raw power but he's vulnerable to magic isn't the Uru hammer is made of magic? So that hammer can hurt him more that usual.But with heat vision,super breath he will finish the job. Heck Thor cant even defeat an enraged Hulk,I remember reading the Hulk grab his hand that held the hammer and just broked Thor's nose with his own hammer.Flash is 100x faster than the mutant Pietro,he can tap in the Speed Force to get faster.Now Iron Man vs. Cyborg,IM wins by a slight margin I rather see Steel vs. Iron Man.WW vs. She Hulk is a good one.Sub Mariner vs. Aquaman who has a bigger set of egos hahaha! Vision vs. Red Tornado android vs. android. Smart Hulk vs. MM imagine Hulk with weapons by BB 3rd smartest man in Marvel Universe. Armored Batman vs. CA is an even match. Zatanna vs. SW now that's just amazing. Giant Man vs. Apache Chief,yes I want a Native American hero. BLack Canary vs. Widow,ok Nuff said.

JonKent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:43 AM   #133
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

This thread is eye roll causing to the max. I will only add this pedantry to the almost cosmic level pedantic opinions on display: People keep saying Wanda is the x-factor, what with her poorly defined reality warping powers that seem to have no limit. You know the JLA has a character pretty damned similar.

WANDA: "No more Justice League...(reality begins to go white)"

ZATANNA: (right before the warp hits her) "Rewop S'hctiw Telracs Eth Yfillun! Saw ti sa ytilaer nruter!"

KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #134
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

The comics story of this sucked balls!