Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 12:16 AM   #676
Andreth
Side-Kick

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 8

Maybe this is why she made a little pause between:

"...They're...friends you know"

lol

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 04-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #677
redrover
Banned User

Bosworth's Lois was a girl sent to do a women's job, while Durance's Lois was a drunken whore whose idiocy knew no bounds. Both were embaressements, though Durances was the greater evil. Her Lois' stupidity was a sin, so I am so glad we may be getting a modern, smart, tough, resilent Lois. about time

Old 04-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #678
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Anyways...

If the theory is true that Jor-el bites the dust before Krypton explodes, and that Pa Kent also dies during the Tornado; man, that would really only make Lois and Superman/Clark the only happy couple of the entire film.lol

Old 04-19-2013, 12:52 AM   #679
Brother Jack
Confirmed Casual

So I assume they'll be skipping over Clark revealing himself to be Superman to Lois after he's working at the Daily Planet in Metropolis. If Lois is searching for Clark around the world, she would essentially know Clark was Superman before he is even Superman. At the very least she would know he has godlike superpowers.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #680
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

I hope the Clark/Superman/Lois relationship doesnt just kind of fade away just because Superman is with Wonder Woman in the comics. Its always been a great highlight of the Superman story, him finding a human woman with Lois. Lots of humor and two worlds coming together.

An Amy gif for the guys:

Old 04-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #681
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

who knows, maybe Lois will lose her memory in one of the future movies and just before he purposes to her, then when he reveals himself as Superman while going down on one knee her memories come back corny I know, but it sounds like something that would happen

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 04-19-2013, 01:05 AM   #682
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
I hope the Clark/Superman/Lois relationship doesnt just kind of fade away just because Superman is with Wonder Woman in the comics. Its always been a great highlight of the Superman story, him finding a human woman with Lois. Lots of humor and two worlds coming together.

An Amy gif for the guys:

I kinda hope we see an on screen love triangle between Superman/Clark, Lois and Wonder Woman/Diana that would be different

@the gif...... HOT!!

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 04-19-2013, 01:06 AM   #683
WarriorDreamer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrover View Post
Bosworth's Lois was a girl sent to do a women's job, while Durance's Lois was a drunken whore whose idiocy knew no bounds. Both were embaressements, though Durances was the greater evil. Her Lois' stupidity was a sin, so I am so glad we may be getting a modern, smart, tough, resilent Lois. about time
Erica Durance was a great Lois. Who touched a glass of drink about four or five times during her 7 year run? To call her drunken anything is a gross exaggeration. Her Lois was just never the classic one who got to interact with Superman. She had the definitive modern Lois attitude to me, its just a shame she never got to play the classic Lois next to Tom W's Superman.

Last edited by WarriorDreamer; 04-19-2013 at 01:10 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:13 AM   #684
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
What the hell

Erica Durance was a great Lois Lane.

Oh wait, let me guess, you're one of those Smallville/ chloe / Clark/Chloe fan who kept on making misogynist and degrading comments about Erica's face and age through the years smallville was on, right? (I thought all of you had disappeared into oblivion, I guess not) just like the awful comments that are being made of Amy's age and hair color now.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 04-19-2013, 01:19 AM   #685
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:

H.E.(Y GURL HEEEEEY)
Old 04-19-2013, 01:23 AM   #686
redrover
Banned User

It is obvious you have no idea what misogyny means, since I didn't mention age or looks, but whatever. Oblivion, really, any can post when they want. I guess you can't take criticism of a character on a tv show, but whatever, we all have our opinions, and can post, it is the way it is.

I didn't like her Lois, deal with it

Old 04-19-2013, 01:26 AM   #687
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDreamer View Post
Yeah, it's one of my main concerns too, I love Lois Lane. That's why it was amazing to see Dana Delany, Teri Hatcher and Erica Durance participating in making #LoisLane75yrs a trend tonight , along with many comic book creators and writers.

It was wonderful to see so much love and support for Lois Lane. It was a healing balm for my poor Lois/Supes-Lois loving heart who has had a hard time seeing them in the new comic universe.

Welcome to the Lois Lane family, Amy Adams!

TRUEBLOOD
Old 04-19-2013, 01:27 AM   #688
Doc Ock
10 years ago...

I know this isn't related to Amy Adams but I'm glad to see support for Erica Durance's Lois! I loved her Lois!

I wont be surprised if I love Amy Adams' Lois too!

Old 04-19-2013, 02:07 AM   #689
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I know this isn't related to Amy Adams but I'm glad to see support for Erica Durance's Lois! I loved her Lois!

Imho; it's a win win situation for everyone who loves the character of Lois Lane.

We got an ideal version of Lois Lane for our generation on the television screen and now we'll hopefully be getting one for our big screen as well.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:08 AM   #690
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
It was wonderful to see so much love and support for Lois Lane. It was a healing balm for my poor Lois/Supes-Lois loving heart who has had a hard time seeing them in the new comic universe.
What they did to the Clark-Lois relationship in the Nu52 was a great sin on par on par with what Marvel did to the Peter Parker-Mary Jane Watson marriage. I thought Clark and Lois' marriage was one of the great innovations of the post-Crisis DC universe. To have a superhero build a stable, healthy family unit is so abnormal and special and if characterization-wise, there was any DC superhero who was made for it, it was Supes. I hope the fact that Lois seems to be in on things from the get-go in Man of Steel means they are open to the idea of having Clark and Lois in a stable relationship and possibly married by the end of the trilogy.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:10 AM   #691
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
What they did to the Clark-Lois relationship in the Nu52 was a great sin on par on par with what Marvel did to the Peter Parker-Mary Jane Watson marriage. I thought Clark and Lois' marriage was one of the great innovations of the post-Crisis DC universe. To have a superhero build a stable, healthy family unit is so abnormal and special and if characterization-wise, there was any DC superhero who was made for it, it was Supes. I hope the fact that Lois seems to be in on things from the get-go in Man of Steel means they are open to the idea of having Clark and Lois in a stable relationship and possibly married by the end of the trilogy.
Honestly, if someone like Batman can actually find his happy ending at the conclusion of his trilogy, let alone be allowed to settle down with someone as well, then Superman should be more than qualified to have that type of finale as well when it comes to his personal life.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:30 AM   #692
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
Yeah, it's one of my main concerns too, I love Lois Lane. That's why it was amazing to see Dana Delany, Teri Hatcher and Erica Durance participating in making #LoisLane75yrs a trend tonight , along with many comic book creators and writers.

Welcome to the Lois Lane family, Amy Adams!
That was amazing, I'm glad to see that these woman (each one I loved their amazing and unique character portrayal of Lois in their respective series) came out and supported in a celebration of this beloved character that DC comics is currently underusing in the New-52. I hope that Man Of Steel brings Lois's statue quo back up in the comics.

As for Amy, she had my support the moment she was casted. But after seeing her in Trailer 3, I'm sold that she going raise the bar to unimaginable heights.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:30 AM   #693
DKDetective

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Honestly, if someone like Batman can actually find his happy ending at the conclusion of his trilogy, let alone be allowed to settle down with someone as well, then Superman should be more than qualified to have that type of finale as well when it comes to his personal life.
I had a "if Batman can have a happy ending, so should Supes" line, but removed it at the last second.

Actually, I wouldn't mind a bittersweet All-Star Superman ending, except instead of the Superman cloning thread, Supes is forced to leave behind Lois and their unborn child to do his duty. However, given the comparisons made between All-Star Superman's ending and the end of TDKR, it might be too similar.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:33 AM   #694
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post

Erica's Lois is still my all time favorite so far, I look forward to Amy's take in MOS.

1. Erica
2. Dana
3. Teri
4. Margot
5. Noel

Old 04-19-2013, 03:04 AM   #695
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
LOL.
The character of lois lane finally seems look lovable. Amy looks very good. The only bad is her age.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:08 AM   #696
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
The only bad is her age.
I don't have a problem with her age at all. I like older women.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 04-19-2013, 03:24 AM   #697
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

There is nothing wrong with her age. Women are still useful and good actors at the age of 38-39. Also no actor plays their age in every role, why can't people get that through their heads?

Yes Adams doesn't look like a 25-28 year old because she isn't 25-28 years old. She has wrinkles and signs of aging because she is in her late 30's. Like all actors she wears make-up and they can digitally clean up things and have nice lighting to make her look better. They do that for actors in their 20's so that's not a problem. Movies are smoke and mirrors anyway. As I've said before I don't care if she plays her age but with all those tricks she can easily play 5 years younger.

I hate to keep taking people to task on the age thing but I will because I don't like double standards.

If you are worried about a 37 (at the time of filming I think) woman being too old for a franchise then you have to be worried about a 37 year old man being too old for a franchise.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:27 AM   #698
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
There is nothing wrong with her age. Women are still useful and good actors at the age of 38-39. Also no actor plays their age in every role, why can't people get that through their heads?

Yes Adams doesn't look like a 25-28 year old because she isn't 25-28 years old. She has wrinkles and signs of aging because she is in her late 30's. Like all actors she wears make-up and they can digitally clean up things and have nice lighting to make her look better. They do that for actors in their 20's so that's not a problem. Movies are smoke and mirrors anyway. As I've said before I don't care if she plays her age but with all those tricks she can easily play 5 years younger.

I hate to keep taking people to task on the age thing but I will because I don't like double standards.

If you are worried about a 37 (at the time of filming I think) woman being too old for a franchise then you have to be worried about a 37 year old man being too old for a franchise.
Well said.

And did you know Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield weren't actually school aged when they played Peter Parker?

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 04-19-2013, 03:33 AM   #699
DKDetective

Just ignore him. Don't waste your breath on people who never learn when we could be having positive, productive discussions about Amy and her interpretation of the character. Life is too short.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:40 AM   #700
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Well said.

And did you know Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield weren't actually school aged when they played Peter Parker?
What? Why I thought those young men were teenagers!

Movies are pretend, unless Adams was playing a highschooler, I can deal with actors playing younger than their age.

I always said that my problem with Bosworth as Lois wasn't her age it was the fact that she looked 22 and maybe even a year or two younger and she was just flat out unconvicing acting wise as a 30 ish prize winning mother of a 5 year old. If she was playing a Lois in college I could buy it but older than Kidder's Lois? Hell no. Bosworth isn't a bad actress but till this day I don't know why they hired her. I believe Adams is a seen it all reporter just from that one short snippet.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Closed Thread