The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 06:33 AM   #76
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,284
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome this movie is.
I wanna see that in Meme form of some kind

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 06:34 AM   #77
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
It's Snyder, his trailers are always awesome and he has a habit of messing things up, at least when it comes to my tastes. Also, as a Batman fan, I got burnt badly last year perhaps in part because of unrealistic expectations, so I'm trying to stay grounded when it comes to Man of Steel.
well not our fault they are bad

Project862006 is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 06:35 AM   #78
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."
 
DKDetective's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,150
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome this movie is.
You care to make a slap bet about that?

__________________
Avatar by Kane52630
DKDetective is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 06:35 AM   #79
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 10,501
Default Re: advance ticket/ticket sales...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Yeah, an advanced screening is literally the only thing that would change my midnight plans.

I'd actually much prefer it, because if it wasn't so late then I could just get a coach/train home afterwards instead of paying through the nose for a hotel.

But I just need to see it the very second that I possibly can

Although it'd be a shame if I found options for an advanced screening, but it wasn't at an IMAX theatre... then i'd have a big decision to make
holy crao...how far away from the theater do you live? 6 hours??? I have a theater like 15-20 minutes up the road. no need for a hotel....

__________________
My father believed, if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me...out of fear. He was convinced that the world wasn't ready. What do you think?
-Superman

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 06:37 AM   #80
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."
 
DKDetective's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,150
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
well not our fault they are bad
I knew I would get called on that. I guess that it is bad taste then to love every second of the Comic-Con and theatrical trailers for MOS.

__________________
Avatar by Kane52630
DKDetective is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 06:43 AM   #81
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,284
Default Re: advance ticket/ticket sales...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
holy crao...how far away from the theater do you live? 6 hours??? I have a theater like 15-20 minutes up the road. no need for a hotel....
London is the nearest IMAX theatre to me, so i'm going to the BFI IMAX first viewing. Hoping there will be a midnight one (though we didn't get Midnight screenings of TDKR last year so it's possible there won't be).

It's about a 3 hour coach journey, only bout 5/10 quid each way. But there are no coaches I could get that early in the morning (around 3am when the movie is over) so i'd have to check into a hotel before hand... I mean I can't just hang around the streets of London at 3am on a friday night

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 06:45 AM   #82
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 10,501
Default Re: advance ticket/ticket sales...

I have no clue what you just said....I'm from the stick of the good ol' USA

__________________
My father believed, if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me...out of fear. He was convinced that the world wasn't ready. What do you think?
-Superman

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 06:48 AM   #83
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!
 
hopefuldreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 11,284
Default Re: advance ticket/ticket sales...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I have no clue what you just said....I'm from the stick of the good ol' USA
And you don't speak English there?

The only slang of ours in that post was quid. Which is .

__________________
I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."


*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 06:57 AM   #84
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,423
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

If they had the means to, it would have been great to see if for another type of viral regarding the film, that they would have done something like creating news reports and such about these mysterious saves that Clark has been making while traveling throughout the world that Lois has been investigating, similar to how we had the whole Gotham Tonight Talk Show during the lead up to the premiere of TDK.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 06:58 AM   #85
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,839
Default Re: advance ticket/ticket sales...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Yeah, an advanced screening is literally the only thing that would change my midnight plans.

I'd actually much prefer it, because if it wasn't so late then I could just get a coach/train home afterwards instead of paying through the nose for a hotel.

But I just need to see it the very second that I possibly can

Although it'd be a shame if I found options for an advanced screening, but it wasn't at an IMAX theatre... then i'd have a big decision to make
Wait so there's definitely gonna be midnight showings?

Where abouts are you from btw? I live in Leeds and our cinemas are crap

Edit: never mind I just saw your posts above

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:01 AM   #86
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,839
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
If they had the means to, it would have been great to see if for another type of viral regarding the film, that they would have done something like creating news reports and such about these mysterious saves that Clark has been making while traveling throughout the world that Lois has been investigating, similar to how we had the whole Gotham Tonight Talk Show during the lead up to the premiere of TDK.
That would be awesome but I'm not expecting much now other than TV spots, posters, magazine articles etc

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:03 AM   #87
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,423
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
That would be awesome but I'm not expecting much now other than TV spots, posters, magazine articles etc
Indeed.

On another note, does anyone here have a preference on how they would want the film to open up?

What I mean, do you want them to go about in Nolan's Dark Knight Style, where we, in this case, see Superman's symbol appear on screen before fading out to the film, along with the credits being just the words (with no special graphics attached to them)?

Or would you guys want something special made/done for MOS; perhaps closing credits accompanied by some awesome visuals, perhaps in the manner like how they did with Thor's closing credits?

herolee10 is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:08 AM   #88
JOE
_________________________
 
JOE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,725
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

I'm hoping Nolan kept Snyder in line whenever he started sacrificing story for irrelevant action sequences.

__________________
"You see... Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All you need is a little push!"

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:13 AM   #89
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."
 
DKDetective's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,150
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Indeed.

On another note, does anyone here have a preference on how they would want the film to open up?

What I mean, do you want them to go about in Nolan's Dark Knight Style, where we, in this case, see Superman's symbol appear on screen before fading out to the film, along with the credits being just the words (with no special graphics attached to them)?

Or would you guys want something special made/done for MOS; perhaps closing credits accompanied by some awesome visuals, perhaps in the manner like how they did with Thor's closing credits?
Now that certain things suggest that there will probably be Kryptonian prologue, I would kind of be interested in seeing Bond style credits bridging the events on Krypton and then the main story told from the present with Clark's childhood presented via flashbacks from that point.

__________________
Avatar by Kane52630
DKDetective is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #90
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,839
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Indeed.

On another note, does anyone here have a preference on how they would want the film to open up?

What I mean, do you want them to go about in Nolan's Dark Knight Style, where we, in this case, see Superman's symbol appear on screen before fading out to the film, along with the credits being just the words (with no special graphics attached to them)?

Or would you guys want something special made/done for MOS; perhaps closing credits accompanied by some awesome visuals, perhaps in the manner like how they did with Thor's closing credits?
I think the closing credits will most probably just be in line with Nolan's Batman Films, so it'l probably just say MAN OF STEEL in white on a black background then the credits will role. I think it'd be nice to do the opening credits on a space background myself.

Opening I think it'll just be the S logo which is fine with me, I don't think we need a whole crazy opening credits sequence or anything.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:21 AM   #91
Smallville13
Side-Kick
 
Smallville13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,939
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Yeah, it seriously does all feel so surreal. Like when did I die and go to heaven?



Same. I felt a bit silly really, but everything i've been seeing on the news lately I can't help thinking 'I wish Superman was real, cause he could have stopped that ' Especially the explosion in Texas. That fire would never have been burning long enough to explode if Superman had showed up and used his super breath to put it out...

I know that sounds incredibly childlike... but I can't help it I get sad that he's not real!
Supes is real as an idea inside us all. And we can all choose to be him. It isn't the powers that defines him, it's his willingness to always act, selflessly help others and always love and trust and choose to see the best in everyone else. We're a transformative race. The power is always there in us to work to stop those kind of disasters and save lives. Look at all the people that ran further in Boston to give blood. All the people that helped rescue the victims. Tell me that's not Superman. He's alive within us all.

Smallville13 is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #92
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,839
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Now that certain things suggest that there will probably be Kryptonian prologue, I would kind of be interested in seeing Bond style credits bridging the events on Krypton and then the main story told from the present with Clark's childhood presented via flashbacks from that point.
So you thinking Krypton scenes then a logo/credits and then kick in on the Earth stuff? I like that idea. They did so etching very similar with the Friday the 13th reboot and I thought it was very effective.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:26 AM   #93
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,423
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Supes is real as an idea inside us all. And we can all choose to be him. It isn't the powers that defines him, it's his willingness to always act, selflessly help others and always love and trust and choose to see the best in everyone else. We're a transformative race. The power is always there in us to work to stop those kind of disasters and save lives. Look at all the people that ran further in Boston to give blood. All the people that helped rescue the victims. Tell me that's not Superman. He's alive within us all.
It's kind of eerie at times to know on how true Goyer's words ended up being on sheer coincidence when he said that this film would "suit" the times. I'm not trying to stir up anything, but when you really think about how bad things have been as of late in real life, people really need something to look at to help them believe even more that there really is still hope and good people left within the world, etc.

heck, with nearly a decade's worth of films that have presented us reluctant or antiheroes as being the top dogs of the film industry, I think it's time to go back to the roots when it comes to presenting heroes in a traditional and more honest sense, and who better to do so than Superman?

herolee10 is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #94
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,839
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
It's kind of eerie at times to know on how true Goyer's words ended up being on sheer coincidence when he said that this film would "suit" the times. I'm not trying to stir up anything, but when you really think about how bad things have been as of late in real life, people really need something to look at to help them believe even more that there really is still hope and good people left within the world, etc.

heck, with nearly a decade's worth of films that have presented us reluctant or antiheroes as being the top dogs of the film industry, I think it's time to go back to the roots when it comes to presenting heroes in a traditional and more honest sense, and who better to do so than Superman?
great post

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #95
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,423
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

After getting a better feel and look of the Fantasy like Elements and Visuals that we'll be getting in the film, it still boggles my mind on how they're mixing two very different worlds when it comes to tone and presentation in this film.

We're getting a very sci-fi/fantasy oriented Krypton; one that reminds me of the worlds presented in Avatar and John Carter, and yet in the same time, we're getting a Earth that's presented into looking like so much as our own, as though it weren't Earth presented like it normally is at times in a sci-fi/fantasy based Comic Book Genre film.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:40 AM   #96
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."
 
DKDetective's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,150
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
It's kind of eerie at times to know on how true Goyer's words ended up being on sheer coincidence when he said that this film would "suit" the times. I'm not trying to stir up anything, but when you really think about how bad things have been as of late in real life, people really need something to look at to help them believe even more that there really is still hope and good people left within the world, etc.

heck, with nearly a decade's worth of films that have presented us reluctant or antiheroes as being the top dogs of the film industry, I think it's time to go back to the roots when it comes to presenting heroes in a traditional and more honest sense, and who better to do so than Superman?
Yeah, personally, I've just gotten to a point where I'm rather tired of watching blockbusters tinged with darkness and cynicism. I think that is part of why I am dreading Star Trek Into Darkness so much. I'm tired of stories about terrorism and corruption. When I read Jamie characterizing STID as a "a giant 9/11-Iraq War conspiracy film", my heart just sank knowing that the movie would be painting humanity as having changed little in 300 years. I was really hoping we would get some classic Trek optimism and a story about a better future. At least, Man of Steel seems to be the film I need right now.

__________________
Avatar by Kane52630
DKDetective is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #97
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite
 
G.Godfrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,090
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I'm hoping Nolan kept Snyder in line whenever he started sacrificing story for irrelevant action sequences.
Snyder is not a kid who needs to kept in line. If anything, Snyder kept Nolan in line since MOS actually looks like an epic Superman comic book tale brought to life. And irrelevant action sequences? LOL, just LOL.

G.Godfrey is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #98
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.
 
Bruce_Begins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,170
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Yeah, personally, I've just gotten to a point where I'm rather tired of watching blockbusters tinged with darkness and cynicism. I think that is part of why I am dreading Star Trek Into Darkness so much. I'm tired of stories about terrorism and corruption. When I read Jamie characterizing STID as a "a giant 9/11-Iraq War conspiracy film", my heart just sank knowing that the movie would be painting humanity as having changed little in 300 years. I was really hoping we would get some classic Trek optimism and a story about a better future. At least, Man of Steel seems to be the film I need right now.
^ Funny you say that, because Iron man 3 is looking set to become the biggest and most successful solo hero Marvel movie yet, and it is going to be the darkest one so far.

IM 3 is trending and it will open huge.

__________________

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Bruce_Begins is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 07:55 AM   #99
DaveMoral
Side-Kick
 
DaveMoral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,640
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
After getting a better feel and look of the Fantasy like Elements and Visuals that we'll be getting in the film, it still boggles my mind on how they're mixing two very different worlds when it comes to tone and presentation in this film.

We're getting a very sci-fi/fantasy oriented Krypton; one that reminds me of the worlds presented in Avatar and John Carter, and yet in the same time, we're getting a Earth that's presented into looking like so much as our own, as though it weren't Earth presented like it normally is at times in a sci-fi/fantasy based Comic Book Genre film.
When you put it like that, is it not a ridiculous notion on the face of it that they couldn't mix Man of Steel and The Dark Knight. Because MOS Earth doesn't strike me as different from TDK Earth.

DaveMoral is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 08:04 AM   #100
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.
 
Bruce_Begins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 6,170
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Snyder is not a kid who needs to kept in line. If anything, Snyder kept Nolan in line since MOS actually looks like an epic Superman comic book tale brought to life. And irrelevant action sequences? LOL, just LOL.
I am not sure what is your point, Nolan gave some story inputs to Goyer and did pre-production work, after that he selected the director.

Once Snyder was on board, Nolan left him alone with the work.

So, how did Snyder kept Nolan inline ?

__________________

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Bruce_Begins is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.