The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 08:13 AM   #101
G.Godfrey
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I am not sure what is your point, Nolan gave some story inputs to Goyer and did pre-production work, after that he selected the director.

Once Snyder was on board, Nolan left him alone with the work.

So, how did Snyder kept Nolan inline ?
Oh you aren't sure? Too bad you can't read between the lines. You should ask the other guy what his point was. What I said was a joke because I am sick of people saying Nolan kept Snyder in line when Nolan had nothing much to do with anything once Snyder came on board. This Snyder bashing is old, it's his movie and nobody kept him in check.

I also said it because I'm sure if Nolan was doing things his way we wouldn't be seeing half of what the new trailer presented. MOS actually looks and feels like a comic book movie (unlike Nolan's last two Batman movies - 1 of which I love - but just saying) and doesn't seem ashamed of it. Even though it's less stylized, it still looks like a Snyder film. So obviously nobody kept him in check.

Get it?!

Old 04-19-2013, 08:20 AM   #102
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Default Re: advance ticket/ticket sales...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
And you don't speak English there?

The only slang of ours in that post was quid. Which is .
I speak English here...just not English English. Like a coach is someone who coaches a sport. I've been to London, have friends there. They asked me if I wanted a biscuit...I said no, then I saw them all eating chocolate chip cookies! You have different words for things over there than what we have over here...

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #103
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 49

Yeah. Why bash the person who seems to be giving you the best Superman film, and possibly the best superhero movie? Sure he's a wildcard, but so was Goyer in Begins, and look how that turned out. PS. If MOS rocks, he should do a Batman flick. Please don't flame me, but I liked JEH as Rorschach more than Bale as Batsy.

Pure Snyder right here.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:26 AM   #104
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Oh you aren't sure? Too bad you can't read between the lines. You should ask the other guy what his point was. What I said was a joke because I am sick of people saying Nolan kept Snyder in line when Nolan had nothing much to do with anything once Snyder came on board. This Snyder bashing is old, it's his movie and nobody kept him in check.

I also said it because I'm sure if Nolan was doing things his way we wouldn't be seeing half of what the new trailer presented. MOS actually looks and feels like a comic book movie (unlike Nolan's last two Batman movies - 1 of which I love - but just saying) and doesn't seem ashamed of it. Even though it's less stylized, it still looks like a Snyder film. So obviously nobody kept him in check.

Get it?!
Why you are getting upset ?

I already said that this movie is result of each person doing his job very well.

I would like to commend Nolan for making this movie possible, doing his part of pre-production work despite being busy in making of TDKR, Goyer for writing the excellent story and of course Snyder, who did phenomenal work as a director.

Cannot just hand over credit to any one person, oh and the Judge Otis also gets some credit for making WB start thinking about making a Superman movie.

*\S/T*
Old 04-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #105
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post

Get it?!
I, too, get annoyed when people seem to lay all the credit with Nolan and suggest all the blame should rest with Snyder. However, Zack's own interviews suggest that he used Nolan to bounce ideas off quite a bit (at least during pre-production) and why shouldn't he? Each of them have different strengths and weaknesses and collaboration is a great way to arrive at a synthesis of those strengths. If anything, it is to Zack's credit that he chose to use such a considerable resource.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #106
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I don't know....we could still see some more viral marketing. I kinda liked the website they had for Superman Returns. Some nice downloads, buddy icons and some Clark Kent stationary. I'd like to see news reports covering the mysterious man doing all these amazing feats...that would be awesome

Old 04-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #107
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

As I've said before its the perfect blend, Nolan even admitted he wouldn't know how to do a film like this. I love his TDK trilogy but he's never been the best at crafting great fight scenes etc and he knew Snyder could deliver that aspect.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #108
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Yeah. I think Nolan can bring out the best in Snyder. Goyer can bring out the faithfulness for Nolan, and Snyder can create a visual narrative that's emotional and pretty to look at. And film boss fights.

Goyer's a terrible director, Nolan has issues with action, and Snyder's not a good writer. It seems like all three complement their weaknesses with someone else, and this might be the most "perfect" DC movie yet.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #109
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
Now that certain things suggest that there will probably be Kryptonian prologue, I would kind of be interested in seeing Bond style credits bridging the events on Krypton and then the main story told from the present with Clark's childhood presented via flashbacks from that point.
I don't want too much of the story to be told via flashbacks...that kinda takes me out of the movie a bit. Some flashbacks aren't that bad. But I prefer, you see him being born and then the story takes off from there

Old 04-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #110
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
After getting a better feel and look of the Fantasy like Elements and Visuals that we'll be getting in the film, it still boggles my mind on how they're mixing two very different worlds when it comes to tone and presentation in this film.

We're getting a very sci-fi/fantasy oriented Krypton; one that reminds me of the worlds presented in Avatar and John Carter, and yet in the same time, we're getting a Earth that's presented into looking like so much as our own, as though it weren't Earth presented like it normally is at times in a sci-fi/fantasy based Comic Book Genre film.
Yeah this is exciting. Opening with the fleshed out world of Krypton and then moving to those lovely, anamorphic, raw shots of Kansas and Alaska is going to be so powerful.

I think the tone is definitely achieving something much more real than any other of these movies. I think that's bold, because the greatest thing about this, and any other fiction really is how we use it to reflect on ourselves and our own society and what we can learn. By making the world feel that much closer to ours and then having Superman in it just makes it that much easier.

I think Snyder has pulled it off too. I feel he stumbled a bit with it in Watchmen. The world in that felt gritty and real. But then the characters would move and act in a very surreal way as well as all the stylized slowmo.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #111
Great Mind(s)
Broken

This Superman looks so amazing. His outfit, the style of the film and Krypton and Zod and his ships... The BEST "S" I've seen so far. His outfit really looks alien, yet familiar.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #112
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

Zod figure from Square Enix...KNEEL!

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 04-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #113
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

That is badass

Old 04-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #114
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Yeah that's seriously awesome. I'm sad he doesn't have his cape for most of the film (from what we can tell).

Old 04-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #115
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

^ That is one hell of a figure !

*\S/T*
Old 04-19-2013, 08:51 AM   #116
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ Yeah. I think Nolan can bring out the best in Snyder. Goyer can bring out the faithfulness for Nolan, and Snyder can create a visual narrative that's emotional and pretty to look at. And film boss fights.

Goyer's a terrible director, Nolan has issues with action, and Snyder's not a good writer. It seems like all three complement their weaknesses with someone else, and this might be the most "perfect" DC movie yet.
Think you summmed it up perfectly with that last paragraph

I think this is gonna be the most perfect comic book film yet.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #117
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Wow, if I had that, I'd go all Robot Chicken on Supes and Zod, uploading my stopmo fights on Youtube in anticipation of the movie.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #118
G.Godfrey
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight FTW View Post
Zod figure from Square Enix...KNEEL!

I want one!

Old 04-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #119
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Is there pics of Supes from that Square Enix series?

Old 04-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #120
Tim_Riggins
Dillon Panthers

That looks sick, I hope he's sporting the cape a bit in the movie.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:02 AM   #121
musclesforsupes
Side-Kick

Is it just me or do I think they will have him say something like "Kneel" instead of "Kneel before zod" in the movie lol.

Also has anyone heard that Jor-El "rides" that butterfly creature in the trailer? To me that seems a bit over the top.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #122
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

We are still getting Hot Toys versions right?

Also that make looks very fighter pilot.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:06 AM   #123
Smallville13
Side-Kick

One thing I hope for (that I think is very important) is that in the resolution of the film when Supes has the upper hand and the battle is over he still gives Zod and Faora compassion and makes sure they are taken care of and not killed. Similar to the end of that issue of All-Star with the Kryptonian explorers and he caters to them and makes sure they will still live despite them dying by putting them in the Phantom Zone.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #124
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclesforsupes View Post
Is it just me or do I think they will have him say something like "Kneel" instead of "Kneel before zod" in the movie lol.

Also has anyone heard that Jor-El "rides" that butterfly creature in the trailer? To me that seems a bit over the top.
Yeah, and it's supposed to have a rodent-like face. Not so sure about that, but I'll wait and see.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:13 AM   #125
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Call me bloodthirsty, but I'd like a moment like that right before a Green-Goblin style death. Have Superman essentially tell a seemingly submissive Zod to leave, only for him to do one kamakaze attack that threatens a life of a civilian. Supes is able to save the civvie, but not Zod. Lois runs to him and they kiss (as seen in CC trailer). At this point, after IM3 comes out, I want there to be a legit preview screening.. to make me hyped up more..

Closed Thread