The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #751
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
I was looking forward to that too,and seeing the Green Goblin and then maybe later a better version of Venom.
I don't see that anytime soon. At least, there may be a huge break for Venom as there was for Bane until someone can actually do the villain right for a film. Maybe the reboot after Webb's series.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #752
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Par

The longer they keep Venom out of the movies the better as far as I'm concerned.

- The Joker
Old 04-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #753
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Whatever happened to that solo Venom film that Avi was pimping so much?

Old 04-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #754
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I don't see that anytime soon. At least, there may be a huge break for Venom as there was for Bane until someone can actually do the villain right for a film. Maybe the reboot after Webb's series.

Are people still on about this?

I don't know about anyone else, but the problems I had with TDKR were to do with the script/editing and not the handling of this character.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #755
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
The longer they keep Venom out of the movies the better as far as I'm concerned.

As with anything, in the right hands, anything can be done well. Webb isn't even close to being skilled enough of a storyteller to handle a traditionally "one note" villain like Venom with tact.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #756
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Venom was done right. Because he's so thinly written in the comics, someone needs to pull a Raimi, and completely reinvent the character for him to work on screen.

Quote:

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #757
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Venom was done right. Because he's so thinly written in the comics, someone needs to pull a Raimi, and completely reinvent the character for him to work on screen.
I agree. I was never a fan of Venom, but despite all of the hate for Topher and his character, I thought it was a nice change and actually got me interested in his character and what they could have done in future installments.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #758
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I agree. I was never a fan of Venom, but despite all of the hate for Topher and his character, I thought it was a nice change and actually got me interested in his character and what they could have done in future installments.
I used to be, until I realized how awful Venom is, lol. However, I've always stuck up for Topher, and Raimi's Venom, as they're much better than they source material they were based upon, and he actually had a good reason to hate Spider-Man. Yet, he wasn't fleshed out enough in the final movie (due to the cutting of several important scenes and such.) Still holding out for that 3.1 one day soon.

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:27 PM   #759
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
I used to be, until I realized how awful Venom is, lol. However, I've always stuck up for Topher, and Raimi's Venom, as they're much better than they source material they were based upon, and he actually had a good reason to hate Spider-Man. Yet, he wasn't fleshed out enough in the final movie (due to the cutting of several important scenes and such.) Still holding out for that 3.1 one day soon.
Yeah, I've said countless times that even though I dind't like things like bringing Gwen in and having her come in between Peter and MJ, I did like the way they had her play off of Eddie and how that was one of many things to have him hate Peter. Not to mention, he also had a problem with Spider-Man. That's something that no other villain had. Sure Harry went after Peter, but that was only after finding out he was Spider-Man.

But I really liked how Brock was like an alternate version of Peter because it enhanced just how important the symbiote was to making him stronger, and made Venom an even more stronger threat since it knew all of Peter's moves.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:29 PM   #760
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
Yeah, I've said countless times that even though I dind't like things like bringing Gwen in and having her come in between Peter and MJ, I did like the way they had her play off of Eddie and how that was one of many things to have him hate Peter. Not to mention, he also had a problem with Spider-Man. That's something that no other villain had. Sure Harry went after Peter, but that was only after finding out he was Spider-Man.

But I really liked how Brock was like an alternate version of Peter because it enhanced just how important the symbiote was to making him stronger, and made Venom an even more stronger threat since it knew all of Peter's moves.
This post gets the official Bruce Wayne seal of approval.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #761
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
This post gets the official Bruce Wayne seal of approval.

Haha, nice!

Old 04-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #762
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

It's just one of the best pictures ever made on the internet.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:35 PM   #763
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid Electricz View Post
Are people still on about this?

I don't know about anyone else, but the problems I had with TDKR were to do with the script/editing and not the handling of this character.

Stop smoking the good stuff.

I said just as there was a period between Banes with B&R and TDKR until Bane could be used in a great way, there should be a period of time with Venom until someone can do him right as well because Venom in S-M 3 still leaves a bad taste.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #764
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:

Stop smoking the good stuff.

I said just as there was a period between Banes with B&R and TDKR until Bane could be used in a great way, there should be a period of time with Venom until someone can do him right as well because Venom in S-M 3 still leaves a bad taste.

I see what you mean now. Just the way you had phrased it made it sound like you were comparing SM3's Venom to TDKR's Bane (because who talks about or even remembers B&R? lol). I would in no way compare Raimi's Venom to B&R's Bane. Not even close.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #765
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Terrible adaptations of villains?

Yah, I can see how S-M 3's Venom and B&R's Bane can be compared.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:47 PM   #766
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Quote:
(because who talks about or even remembers B&R? lol).

Old 04-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #767
Vid Electricz
Banned User

Quote:

lol. Yeah, yeah, yeah. "Ice to meet you", etc...

I mean: OMFGG Arnie's playing Electro! I'm surprised that no one has ever made this comparison *incredulous*

Old 04-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #768
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Quote:
lol. Yeah, yeah, yeah. "Ice to meet you", etc...

I mean: OMFGG Arnie's playing Electro! I'm surprised that no one has ever made this comparison *incredulous*
They have, lol.

I'm afraid my condition has left you cold, to pleas of mercy.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #769
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
As with anything, in the right hands, anything can be done well. Webb isn't even close to being skilled enough of a storyteller to handle a traditionally "one note" villain like Venom with tact.
It doesn't take a huge amount of skill to improve on Venom as a character. It's hard to make the character much worse than he is in the comics.

- The Joker
Old 04-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #770
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Quote:
It doesn't take a huge amount of skill to improve on Venom as a character. It's hard to make the character much worse than he is in the comics.
If he is so lame, then why does Joker copy him??
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 04-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #771
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

I dislike all the Venom hate here. I understand you guys don't like him and that's fine,but to think that he's that un-interesting or unusable as a villain? That whole symbiote/Venom storyline is utterly fascinating and would make for an awesome Spider-man film. But like alot of people have said,it has to be done right.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007

Never Forget 9/11/01
Old 04-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #772
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
I dislike all the Venom hate here. I understand you guys don't like him and that's fine,but to think that he's that un-interesting or unusable as a villain? That whole symbiote/Venom storyline is utterly fascinating and would make for an awesome Spider-man film. But like alot of people have said,it has to be done right.
I know it's not a Spider-man film but I thoroughly enjoyed the Venom/symbiote episodes in TSSM. And...I also liked the Ultimate comics version too...*gulp*

Old 04-19-2013, 10:15 PM   #773
Anno_Domini
Banned User

TSSM has outdone anything that has been shown in a Spidey film except for S-M 2.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #774
webhead731
I'm a photographer

That show sucked ass.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:42 PM   #775
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
TSSM has outdone anything that has been shown in a Spidey film except for S-M 2.
The animation was fantastic. The writing even better. I wanna groin punch those who've pulled it.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Closed Thread