Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #26
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official Iron Man 3 rate/review thread.

Some twitter reactions from tonights premiere

a few more twitter reactions

Quote:
Iron Man 3 was simply perfection. #ironman3 #marvel
Quote:
Iron Man 3 was pretty damn awesome. Lots of surprises, laughs and unexpected brutality. I'm already looking forward to seeing it again.
Quote:
So it was fun being at the IRON MAN 3 premiere. And the film? Just effing brilliant. A-
Quote:
Well Iron Man 3 was pretty epic. My fave so far...or was it??!! @dynamodiana87
Quote:
Iron Man 3 good fun! Some really funny lines and Downey Jnr on great form. Well done Drew Pearce!
Quote:
Iron Man 3 just won cinema.
Quote:
"IRON MAN 3 is amazing. Quite possibly the best solo Marvel movie yet. There's a twist which might upset some, but I loved it!" PLOT TWIST
Quote:
@Agentm I just saw Iron Man 3 & just wanted to say a BIG thank you to you guys at Marvel who work so hard to bring us such BRILLIANT films!

Old 04-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #27
shuffleboard
Side-Kick

Here's some reactions from tonight.

The positives--
Quote:
Quote:
‪@EthanKenny‬: Iron man 3 was ****ing awesome! They had iron man design 3D glasses! Go watch it when it comes out next week! ‪@IronMan3Movie‬
Quote:
‪@HEELTom‬: Not gonna review Iron Man 3 until its released next week. All ill say is its very awesome. 4 stars.
Quote:
‎‏‪@Gerard_McCarthy‬: So… Iron Man 3 is awesome, but the 3D glasses are frickin' epic awesome!! ‪http://instagram.com/p/YQoLKXhe2N/*‬
Quote:
‪@mbcUK‬: Iron Man 3 just won cinema.
Quote:
‪@_Browny07‬: Iron Man 3 is amazing
Quote:
‪@jimgito‬: Not sure how to describe iron man 3 ... :/ ... Acting was amazing and il always love RDJ as stark
Quote:
‪@GlenMcNamee‬: Hey Internet I've seen Iron Man 3. It's very good. You should go see it.
Quote:
‪@radioleary‬: So proud of our boy ‪@mrdrewpearce‬ he penned Iron Man 3 it ruled. As does he. ‪pic.twitter.com/LeE2zMHWKm‬
Quote:
‪@OC‬: Iron Man 3 good fun! Some funny lines and Downey Jnr having great fun
Quote:
‪@czol‬: IRON MAN 3 WAS AMAZING. NOT ONLY BETTER THAN IRON MAN 2, BUT ALSO BETTER THAN IRON MAN 1 (IMHO)
Quote:
‪@jebutlin‬: Iron Man 3 is the best Iron Man yet. A surprising and exciting proper summer blockbuster.
Quote:
‪@Lianna_May‬: Eeeee Iron Man 3 was AMAZING!!!!!
Quote:
‪@brett_walton‬: Iron Man 3 was epic.....and we got some free Iron Man 3 3D glasses, result. Thanks to The Sheffield Star and ‪@GW1962‬
Quote:
‪@nickyboardman‬: Iron Man 3 - easily the 2nd best Marvel movie after The Avengers. AVOID ALL SPOILERS! I loved it!
Quote:
‪@CrazyCatAddict‬: Iron Man 3 in 3D was brilliant. The different styles in 3D glasses was a nice touch. Loved it
Quote:
‪@maxarguile‬: Iron Man 3: best one so far, funny script, great action and effects with a superb twist for The Mandarin. Pointless 3D though.
Quote:
‪@LicenseGuruUK‬: Just seen Iron Man 3 - best so far - great cast, FX, action and humour! Well done Marvel!!
Quote:
‪@Challies11‬: Iron man 3 was amazing. Keep an eye out for my review in the next few days.
Quote:
‪@GazManDoo‬: My whole time line is about iron man 3. I wanna see!!!!!
Quote:
‪@TheBimal‬: Iron man 3 was a great movie. Thoroughly recommended!
Quote:
‪@Andy__Kirkham‬: Amazing that I got to go to the Iron Man 3 premiere! What a film too!
Quote:
‪@LouiseThornsby‬: Iron Man 3 is unreal ‪#coolestmanalive‬
Quote:
‪@winklefudge‬: Not perfect by any means but certainly has a lot more substance than the first two and genuine humour ‪#ironman3
‬
‪@winklefudge‬: It's also surprisingly violent and really boarders the 12 age bracket ‪#ironman3‬

‪@winklefudge‬: Iron Man 3 was a real surprise a bit slow to start but didn't expect it to be how it was overall

Quote:
‪@antonbar247‬: im just gonna put it out there Iron man 3 ‪#AWESOME‬ ‪#1weekearly‬
Quote:
‎‏‪@Lippyxxx‬: Just watched Iron Man 3... Good film worth a watch
Quote:
‪@_laurenmariew__‬: Iron Man 3. OH MY GOD. that is all.
Quote:
‏‪@LUUCAAAYYY‬: IRON MAN 3 WAS SO GOOD!
Quote:
‪@StaySceptic‬: Just been to see Iron Man 3. ‪#awesome‬
Quote:
‪@The_NeilRushby‬: Just seen Iron Man 3. Built story slowly but very funny and kept you gripped to the very end ‪#starreview‬
Quote:
‏‪@_Natalie_x‬: Iron man 3 was so epic!!!! thanks ‪@CineSheff‬ for the screening and awesome 3D glasses!!
Quote:
‪@TheSlay‬: Iron Man 3 sees the franchise back on track. A better Bond film than Skyfall, and Kingsley's Mandarin's an absolute hoot. Solid 8 out of 10
The negatives--
Quote:
‪@StokieSimon‬: Iron man 3....meh. pretty dross really.
The "I'm not sure if it's positive or negative"--
Quote:
Quote:
‪@StuntmanPsyK‬: Iron Man 3 - uhmmm. May have to review it after a sleep because I'm not quite sure how I feel bout it.
Quote:
‪@peanutismint‬: Iron Man 3 - Stark is Stark. Baddies are bad. All things considered, a great way to kick off the summer blockbuster season. B-

Old 04-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #28
ryuuko

since i'm stuck in a meeting, i was looking for reactions from tonight's premier on twitter,

here are some recent ones

Quote:
Chloe Tangney ‏@ChloeTangney 7m
Iron Man 3 Premier !!!! LOVED it!!! Amazing film!! Want to watch it again!!! ✔😊🎬!! X
Quote:
Deborah Sheppard ‏@Iheartcinema 10m
Iron Man 3 is a LOT of fun, way better than no.2. Gwynnie gets to shine and Ben Kingsley is genius. Shane Black a great choice to direct.
Quote:
Chris Nottingham ‏@pat_gas 5m
Iron man 3 wore a bit thin after a bit, Downey Jr was good but other characters less so. 3d was pants. It's a miss from me.
Quote:
Lance Julian ‏@Lacney 2m
Iron Man 3 was amazing. Not really what I expected. Plus Mark 42 3D glasses were a bonus
Quote:
Peanut Turner ‏@peanutismint 7m
Iron Man 3 - Stark is Stark. Baddies are bad. All things considered, a great way to kick off the summer blockbuster season. B-
Quote:
Neil Rushby ‏@The_NeilRushby 8m
Just seen Iron Man 3. Built story slowly but very funny and kept you gripped to the very end #starreview
Quote:
Natalie Taylor ‏@_Natalie_x 9m
Iron man 3 was so epic!!!! thanks @CineSheff for the screening and awesome 3D glasses!! @natashamay17 pic.twitter.com/VwOgTmd7jC
Quote:
ant cook ‏@antonbar247 13m
im just gonna put it out there Iron man 3 #AWESOME #1weekearly
Quote:
Adam ‏@adamrubins 14m
Iron Man 3 is the most quotable Marvel movie yet. An absolute epic summer blockbuster and an absolute blast #IronMan3
Quote:
Luke Hearn ‏@babyhippo77 46m
All I am going to say is wow, what a film!!
Quote:
Luke Hearn ‏@babyhippo77 12m
Yes after thinking it about it, Iron Man 3, 2nd best film after Avengers!! Really enjoyed it

Old 04-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #29
PokeJ
Side-Kick

Not trying to be Mr. Negative Nilly here, but what is the ratio of Good to Bad Reviews? Can someone post some more negative reviews? I'd like to get a general concensus.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #30
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Noel Clarke ‏@NoelClarke 31m #Ironman3 = a lot better than Ironman2 but not quite Ironman
worst review I've read so far

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 04-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #31
T"Challa
Side-Kick

From a guy on boxoffice.com

Quote:
ust got back.

Contrary to all the twitter reactions posted on here so far I was decidedly mixed on the film. Personally felt it was comfortably the weakest of the three. Those that struggle to suspend their disbelief will have a hard time getting over some of what happens in Iron Man 3. Whilst well made and enjoyable I have many issues, one in particular that I'll never be able to overcome. It's fun, but if you're expecting it to be another Avengers, quality wise...lower those expectations.

Not trying to be too hard on it. What's good is great. The much vaunted plane sequence is absolutely breathtaking.

I'll wait until you've all seen it to discuss specifics. I'll be amazed if it gets over 70% on RT

I think the mainstream will lap it all up. Yet for those of us who are really into this huge Marvel opus they've created, there's things here that are just not good enough.

I'd still give it three stars out of five.

I didn't like it as much as Iron Man 2, plainly because its problems are not getting sidetracked by setting up another film; they're just problems that I can't ignore. It's all subjective. What some will have their head in their hands over, others will really enjoy.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #32
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Quote:
Warren Ellis ‏@warrenellis 1m So I've seen IRON MAN 3, and what I will say is that you need to sit through to the end of the credits, because they did it again.
Warren Ellis has seen the film as it seems

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 04-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #33
shuffleboard
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
Not trying to be Mr. Negative Nilly here, but what is the ratio of Good to Bad Reviews? Can someone post some more negative reviews? I'd like to get a general concensus.
I've been posting the negative reviews, actually (the others are posted in the speculation thread). Out of all I've posted, maybe around 4-5 negatives and the rest (>50, I think, could be a little less) are positive.

Even that Noel Clarke tweet is actually more mixed-positive than anything. He also said this:
Quote:
@NoelClarke: Just left #ironman3 premiere. Film's decent. Nice little scene after credits. Quick chat with Drew! Well done mate!
But yeah, there are definitely negative reviews out there. They're just a little outnumbered.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #34
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

There always will be. I'm actually kind of amazed there aren't more negative reactions, considering the amount we've gotten in general.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #35
shuffleboard
Side-Kick

Here's a full-length, generally spoiler-free review that someone wrote. 4/5 stars.

Warning though -- the first comment that someone left has some spoilers.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #36
shuffleboard
Side-Kick

A review by someone from Tumblr.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #37
shuffleboard
Side-Kick

I think this might be the first official review -- The Daily Telegraph.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #38
jacobed
Banned User

I saw this last night. I thought it was alright. Rdj finally had some dramatic stuff to chew on and he isn't as annoying as he was in the other movies. The other characters? Yeah they're just there. Maya Hansen? I'm sorry why are you in this movie. Black brings it good with the action but eh who cares when the rest is not good. The whole lots of suits thing is just fan service, they definitely weren't needed. The bad guys once again are basically just bad versions of Iron Man but no armor this time. The main villain The Mandarin was decent. Kingsley was eye rolling. Not once did I feel he was threatening or anything. Onto the twist, everyone is talking about it. I didnt know about the leak of it so I went in with an oblivious mind and I thought the main one was pretty bad. It was a twist for the sake of being a twist and it was poorly done and completely unneccessary. There are a few other twists all of which I thought were poorly done and unneccessary. What did I like? Rdj was pretty awesome, loved the action and the new suit. Also the extremis idea for Tony is kinda cool though it makes no sense. It seems that Black tried to make a clever movie and failed. It seems he went in thinking ok this has to be clever instead of the cleverness just coming naturally. He has no understanding of any of the characters which ties into the ending which I both liked and completely hated. I understand what he was trying to do but its a complete 180 for the character and betrays everything we've gone through with him in 3 movies. The action keeps me from absolutely hating this. 7/10

Old 04-19-2013, 08:08 AM   #39
shuffleboard
Side-Kick

Here's one more review: from The Times.

Last edited by shuffleboard; 04-20-2013 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:22 AM   #40
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuffleboard View Post
Definitely the first official.

It's up on RT right now... http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/iron_man_3/

ゴジラ
Old 04-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #41
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuffleboard View Post
This is a really solid review, **** out of five. Iron Man 3 seems to be shaping up as an instance where many of the critics really get it, while some of the fans missed the boat, the train, the point, etc., and got left at the platform.

Quote:
Here is a sentence that as recently as 12 months ago, I never expected to write: the superhero film craze has reached dramatic maturity. I can tell you’re sceptical, so cast your mind back to the summer of 2008, when cinema-goers first queued to see Iron Man.

The attraction, back then, was the chance to see the appurtenances of superheroism on screen: the Iron Mask; the Iron Suit; the Iron Arch-Foes being smelted to a purée. Nowadays people are still queueing, and in still greater numbers if last year’s £1billion global gross for Marvel Avengers Assemble is anything to go by, but beloved characters, not recognisable costumes, are increasingly the draw.

In Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises (2012), Batman’s famous scowl was off-screen more than on it, and likewise, for a significant portion of Iron Man 3, Robert Downey Jr's Tony Stark is unmasked and mortal. His new Iron Man suit is a swarm of free-flying components that individually clunk into place on his body, so in some scenes he has, say, a super-powered left leg and right elbow, while the rest of him remains human, vulnerable, and visible.

That’s a great idea for a special effect, but it also means we never lose touch with the man behind the iron. Shane Black, the director, wrote the Lethal Weapon films that codified the buddy cop genre in the late 1980s, and he knows that a raised eyebrow or sideways glance can be more thrilling than any amount of digital whiz-bang.

Iron Man 3 is a direct sequel to last summer’s Avengers film, in which Tony and his super-colleagues feuded with Norse gods and aliens, destroying much of Manhattan in the process. These events have left him prone to panic attacks, and his worries are compounded by the arrival of two new super-villains on the scene. They are The Mandarin, the inscrutable figurehead of a global terrorist group played by Ben Kingsley (below), and Guy Pearce’s Aldrich Killian, a dashing geneticist with a special virus that turns his victims’ guts to lava.

These two characters have been culled from the comics, but Black and his co-writer Drew Pearce take wild liberties with both, and even viewers who have never once flicked through a graphic novel will be able to appreciate the lateral thinking at play here. In fact, Kingsley’s Mandarin might be the smartest screen interpretation of a villain since Heath Ledger’s Joker in The Dark Knight (2008), although for very different reasons, and the moment his diabolical purpose is finally unveiled brings the house down.

In that scene, and elsewhere, Black has an instinctive feel for balancing action set-pieces against the passages of soap-opera that are required to make them matter. He also avoids the preeningly self-satisfied insider gags that made Iron Man 2 (2010) such a slog: instead, there are jokes about Downton Abbey and Croydon, and we can all laugh at those. The supporting cast get it, too. Don Cheadle, as Col. James Rhodes, the pilot of Iron Man’s official US military counterpart War Machine, channels the Lethal Weapon spirit, happily playing Murtaugh to Downey’s Riggs; while Gwyneth Paltrow, as Tony’s sweetheart Pepper Potts, may not have been this straightforwardly likeable in a decade.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #42
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Seems it's easily better than Iron Man 2, will be widely considered one of the better Marvel Studio productions, and will get enough public enthusiasm to hit 350+ million.

That would be enough to satisfy me. I didn't expect it to be better than Avengers or even Iron Man 1. That would be a very difficult task.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #43
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Seems it's easily better than Iron Man 2, will be widely considered one of the better Marvel Studio productions, and will get enough public enthusiasm to hit 350+ million.

That would be enough to satisfy me. I didn't expect it to be better than Avengers or even Iron Man 1. That would be a very difficult task.
Agreed. It's the overwhelmingly positive reaction from regular people on Twitter that I find really encouraging. Most viewers are connecting with the film and enjoying it without a lot of hand-wringing and obsessing over plot points.

On another note, IM3 will be released in China on May 3. Marvel's Chinese partner, DMG, has produced a 90-minute TV special that will run on state-run channels from now until the film comes out there. This is apparently a very significant thing, unprecedented for a foreign film to be promoted in that way. All this raises the prospects for IM3 to do very well in China.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/iron...mercial-video/

Quote:
You don’t have to know the language to figure out Disney, Marvel and China-based producer-distributor DMG Entertainment have pulled out all the stops to promote Iron Man 3 in China ahead of its expected May 3 bow there day-and-date with its U.S. premiere. The movie partially filmed in China and features Chinese stars Wang Xueqi and Fan Bing Bing. The massive PR push includes this commercial for a 90-minute program showcasing the film that will air nationally Saturday night and repeat elsewhere until the movie’s debut. Even 30-second spots are hard to get clearance for in China, so this special touting a Western movie — shot during a gala in the Forbidden City with Robert Downey Jr among others a couple of weeks ago — is notable. Also notable: officials from the government-run State Administration of Radio Film & Television were in the audience beaming over the collaboration, we’re told.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #44
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

A good relationship with China and Chinese movie goers bodes well for all phase 2 and phase 3 movies.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #45
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
A good relationship with China and Chinese movie goers bodes well for all phase 2 and phase 3 movies.
That's true. One of the Chinese members of the BO forum pointed out that by partnering with DMG, Marvel has pioneered a way to market all of its characters and merchandise in China. DMG is cranking up the marketing machine across platforms, which will benefit Marvel in myriad ways in years to come. Just having a partner who is able to finesse the tricky Chinese film distribution system is a major boon for Marvel. All of Marvel's films and other projects will benefit from this.

The Avengers made $84 million in China. Some are predicting that Iron Man 3 can better that total due to DMG's expert promotion. That would be incredible.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #46
shuffleboard
Side-Kick

I think the reviews embargo is still in place but people are breaking them.

Here's from Time Out London (3/5):
Quote:
Calling ‘Iron Man 3’ a mixed bag doesn’t really do justice to the heady peaks and interminable troughs in this scrappy but overwhelmingly likeable superhero sequel ... The result is a film which never settles into a comfortable groove. It tries to be an angsty ‘Dark Knight’-style game changer, an ’80’s-throwback action romp, a nudge-wink pastiche and a CG-fuelled spectacular. It’s undeniably entertaining – and worth seeing for Kingsley alone – with the misfires never fully overshadowing the moments of glory.
Some random blogger reviews -- them0vieblog, awesomefilm, undesirablenumber1.

A podcast interview review from metropolis.co.jp at a Tokyo screening --
Quote:
Q:Would you recommend this movie to other thinking adults?
A: I am going to. If you're a fan of superhero movies, this one is way above average.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #47
xeno000
Raining hell from above

SciFiNow ‏@SciFiNow 20m
Just is case you're wondering, we are obviously respecting the #IronMan3 embargo, BUT...

SciFiNow ‏@SciFiNow 20m
... we are free to tell you we love it. WE LOVE IT. #IronMan3

SciFiNow is a UK magazine.

Empire Magazine ‏@empiremagazine 45s
For those asking about our Iron Man 3 review, we're respecting the embargo. It'll be up next week. But we *can* say that the film is great.

Last edited by xeno000; 04-19-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:51 AM   #48
T"Challa
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
SciFiNow ‏@SciFiNow 20m
Just is case you're wondering, we are obviously respecting the #IronMan3 embargo, BUT...

SciFiNow ‏@SciFiNow 20m
... we are free to tell you we love it. WE LOVE IT. #IronMan3

SciFiNow is a UK magazine.

Empire Magazine ‏@empiremagazine 45s
For those asking about our Iron Man 3 review, we're respecting the embargo. It'll be up next week. But we *can* say that the film is great.
oh yeah!

oh and btw, this thread is much more fun that the news and spec thread..lol

Old 04-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #49
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Loving the reactions so far.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #50
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
oh yeah!

oh and btw, this thread is much more fun that the news and spec thread..lol

Why do you think I'm hanging out over here instead of over there?

Closed Thread